makhno

N'Ziwasogo A3 terrain (Released)

This will be nice for a Rhodesian Light Infantry scenario

Hey Makhno,

I really love this map. I was however wondering if you were still going to update it.

One thing I would like to see is some form of connection between the large airport and the mainland.

So either making it a peninsula connected to the mainland, or making a port at the airport, and also on some of the coastal towns.

A peninsula would be awesome for either convoy missions or assaults on the airport.

Well, i' m busy with other projects.

And, with so many objects already on map it's more and more difficult to make changes.

So no there won't be updates of this kind soon.

Though, it may happen when i find the necessary time.

Due to several requests, I decided to publish the sources of N'ziwasogo.

Thus, those who wish may bring the modifications they want.

The content is provided under the BIS ALP-SA license.

https://www.bistudio.com/community/licenses

Some texture files provided for technical reasons in this package are the property of Bohemia Interactive.

Supposing that you would like to publish a modified version, please make sure that the original version of the map can be used jointly with your modified version, on a client computer or on servers.

In concrete terms, you must modify any reference – in the name of the files or inside them to projeta3-xx, pja3xx, mak3xx, etc...

File :

http://www.mediafire.com/download/unxzzf3qpeio1t7/ProjetA3-05.rar

Well, i' m busy with other projects.

Makhno, I missed you previous message. I just hope your other projects are still related to A3, as I'm a fan of your work !! :)

Thx again for sharing to the community your islands and units.

I know you said you were busy with other projects and life, but with the introduction of Tanoa do you have any plans to update your map with the new foliage, huts, or ground cover?

I'll certainly use the new objects when they become available, to upgrade this island.

Though performances could be a problem.

Makhno,

Thank you so much for this superb jungle map. My unit has just spent the last 3 months on a series of Campaign missions using N'Ziwasogo and it was awesome.

The jungle graphics and sound effects are superb.

Navigating up some of the rivers in armed patrol boats and getting caught on the sandbanks was a challenge and added to the difficulty in a good way.

Lots of nice buildings and hidden bases deep in the forest canopy.

We used the Nimitz ship as a base to operate from.

All the best

Just want to give a shout out to the developers of this awesome map. I'm using this and Isla Duala as a combined African Operations campaign.

In a sea of desert/Afghanistan maps, its refreshing to get a totally new experience with these African terrains. LOVE the jungle sounds as well. Amazing on my headphones. Kudos!

This will be nice for a Rhodesian Light Infantry scenario

Hi flatbear

Have to agree with you that N'Ziwasogo is a great map to have a Rhodesian Light Infantry scenario playing out......  I purchased Arma 3 back in July after getting a computer that can finally handle the graphics and after a month or so of playing .....specifically on the N'Ziwasogo map...... I have decided to do some modding.

As soon as I am allowed to create new topics I will start posting previews of the mod(s) I am working on where there will be numerous maps and missions based on what happened in the Rhodesian bush war..... working on my first map at the moment which I just previewed in L3DT and is looking good.

While I love the sounds from N'Ziwasogo I have created 10 sound files which are a little closer to what you would hear in the bush... reminds me of the old days walking through the bush.

• Like 1

Good news, looking forward to this.

I love the bush war setting.

just a quick question.

i am not sure what exactlly the outcome of the discussion about the vegetation fix was in the end. but IF everything was okay in the end, is there any way to get it from somewhere? all the links are down.

of course, nevermind my question if there is an issue with it!

Version 0.8 Available.

Download :

http://www.mediafire.com/download/vdq5e7jccp6f2dd/%40NziwasogoV08.rar

Changelog :
Added many trees all over the map and patches of dense foliage along the roads.
The aim is to offer more concealment in general for guerilla/Coin scenarios.
Changed name to G.O.S N'ziwasogo in the editor.
  • Like 11

Nice one :) I think it is time I returned to this awesome map.

Makhno,

Thank you very much for the updates. I'm a big jungle map fan and have played this map a lot. Glad to see some updates for it as I think this is one of the best made 3rd party maps, defiantly a favorite of mine.

Fantastic, I absolutely love this terrain! 

-k 

Updated mod v0.8 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Makhno , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Makhno, you create a nice map and we appreciate the jungle ambientation.

But you are aware of this problem in which bullets go through the walls of some ruins?. Is there anyway to fix this on any future update?

I did a test shooting with a 9mm pistol...

[EDIT] I use AiA TP.

Thank you for your work!

As Neptune said : Use CUP.

Though I can't guarentee it will fix there problems, on very old ( I think they're arma 1) buildings.

Thanks for the answer guys.

Unfortunately using CUP Terrains Full does not work.

Here is the result:

It's a shame because it's an excellent map.

Thanks anyway.

Thanks for the answer guys.

Unfortunately using CUP Terrains Full does not work.

Here is the result:

It's a shame because it's an excellent map.

Thanks anyway.

I might be mistaken but I think the ruins are part of Icebreakr's Isla A2 Duala mod (ibr_dtowns.pbo) - thus changing AiA TP <-> CUP TP won't have any effect.

As far as I know, the ArmA 3 version of Isla Duala does not contain these ruin objects so I think you're out of luck on this one >.<

Kind regards,

Sanchez