makhno

N'Ziwasogo A3 terrain (Released)

Hmm you map dont work with AiA TP? Our server dont like it.

I donno about that, my server is running AIA TP lite and this map and I dont have any issues... what is the issue your having... maybe be more specific... saying it doesn't like it, doesn't really help the map maker solve the problem.... if there is one...

How should i be more specific? I load his map and server dont work anymore. error log is useless, cant see any special errors.

Ok, it looks like the serverkeys causes the error. I didnt load the map and it still didnt work, i deleted the keys and it works. Lord did it work on your server with the keycheck?

yes numrollen, my server uses Sigcheck=2.

I would suggest maybe redownloading the map... Just delete what you have and redownload.. I now its a pain in the ass but i think that will solve your problem.. i got my version of this map from Play with Six. and it has two keys in its key folder : fsfmakhno.bikey and ibr_duala197.bikey. I have them on my server, and my server starts up fine...

here is my .par file line for Mods...

class Arg

{

mod="-mod=@CBA_A3;@allinarmaterrainpacklite;@CaribouFrontier;@Dariyah;@imrali;@KaluKhan;@MCN_HazarKot;@Nziwasogo;@sangin_a3_public;@AdvancedBallistics;@ALIVE;@ASR_AI3;@tpwcas_a3;@GL5;@ACRE2;@st_acre_volume_a3";

};

We are 2 clans with complete different servers, both with the same problem. Dont work with keys loaded from this map...

Where did you download the map from ?

please download the original V06 and try again :

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4sv1n8jxt27lyfs/@NziwasogoV06.rar

I repacked this one and generated new signatures a couple months Ago ( and it did work fine at the time).

Hi Makhno,

This repacked release doesn't include te latest fixes made by Ranger_RG, does it?

Also, does anyone happen to know a good SP mission for this map? I would gladly work on one (actually, I did fiddle with it already), but my plate is rather full at the moment... ;)

No it's older than the Fixes made by Ranger_RG.

Greetings, if you are still interested in Ranger_RG fix, there still the link avaiable for his actual fix for ziwasogo map http://www3.zippyshare.com/v/11076822/file.html

Thanks!!! The links provided by Ranger are dead - thank you so much!

It would be a good idea to either post these fixes on Armaholic, or update the original release to include them. ;)

It would be a good idea to either post these fixes on Armaholic, or update the original release to include them. ;)

Maybe not such a good idea. The fix involves a violation of the license under which the relevant mod was released (brg_africa, I think?): http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?182745-Custom-trees-moving-on-ground-in-the-wind-Pls-help

He's been banned from the forum twice.

Well, that's a shame - espacially since Makhno doesn't seem to have any problem with those. :(

ok, you all brought this on yourselves, the fact of the matter is that Berghoff has stated clearly that these foliage objects are to be used in ARMA 2 ONLY.... check the bottom of his readme... Ill copy and paste if for you all so you can read it here

"Since this will be my last foliage related add-on I want to thank all the users who supported me from the very beginning of my little adventure. Looking back I came a long way but now I must put the tree carving tools to rest finally. I just don't find the time nor motivation anymore these days and looking at the quality of the foliage these days It doesn't matter anymore.

Have a nice safari and/or fun designing terrains! :D

====[ ONLY FOR USE WITH ARMA II ]====

====[ CONTENT MAY NOT BE REDISTRIBUTED IN A DIFFERENT ADDON UNLESS ASKED ]====

====[ CONTENT MAY NOT BE REDISTRIBUTED IN A DIFFERENT GAME ]===="

Read it and weep... you should have just let it alone....

...... This map needs to be removed from circulation.... As since no one has been able to reach Berghoff I can then assume that you have not gotten permission to use these objects in ARMA 3....

You all want to live by the legal sword you shall all die by it as well.....

That statement means nothing more then, "practice what you preach"!!!!

Unless Makhno asked for permission, which he didnt state he had... he has no right to use these objects in his map.

The end of the readme clearly states that these are not to be used outside of ARMA 2...... This is an arma 3 map... so right there is a problem.....

I went ahead and posted the question in the African foliage thread, and sent him a PM to resolve this issue...

This guy ranger fixed some files for a mod in ARMA 2. that had stated in its read me not to modify or move to another mod with out perm's....

I can only assume Makhno did this as well, as he only Thanked him for the actual foliage not the permissions to use it.... I doubt, "based on what has been said here" that he actually got in touch with Berghoff and got permissions... If I am wrong then, "Makhno, i am sorry, I dont mean to make accusations!!"... but these permissions should be copied and pasted into the OP...

Im am just pointing out the inconsistencies of application of these rules..... IE Ranger gets banned but Makhno is thanked for a map... what a joke... Unless Makhno does have permissions he should be banned as well... Just food for thought....

And again Makhno, if you do have permission, then state so... I again am just bringing to light the licences stated in @BRG_Africa mod... nothing more... if you have permissions to use these objects in ARMA 3 then please post your perms. in the OP...

Outside of that i ask that this Map be removed until this issue is resolved....

How you like them apples...

Im am just pointing out the inconsistencies of application of these rules..... IE Ranger gets banned but Makhno is thanked for a map... what a joke...

It is possible to raise awareness of an issue without being a prick.

There is no inconsistency. I don't know what Ranger's first ban was for, but I do know that it happened before he edited and distributed brg_africa. His second ban was for creating multiple accounts (essentially an upholding of the original ban).

There is currently no reason for Makhno to be banned from the forum that I can see. However, brg_africa (and any other addons, if any) should absolutely be made dependencies, or Berghoff's permission to distribute it with the island should be obtained. Based on the first post in this topic, perhaps it was:

I Thank Icebreaker for giving me permission to use buildings from Duala, Alduric for his A3MP which improves A2 buildings render, and Berghoff for his wonderfull african foliage addon.

Edited by Harzach

It is possible to raise awareness of an issue without being a prick.:

Apparently not... When the cwr2 team requested something removed

... the fact that you think he did is indicative if your limitation to grasp what has happened... EVRO made a separate config not a port, perfectly legit... to demand he remove this is inexcusable... and to condone this behavior is childish... see what i did there... The fact that EVRO has obliged is simply a testament to his honor as a person... But He again had done NOTHING WRONG... this is all about CWR team pulling their heads out their asses just enough to realize someone is having fun with their maps in arma 3 (with fewer errors and nice preview pic), And had to try to shut it down... as stated before ill archive for future use bye me as i see fit.. CWR Maps here i come.. in arma 3 of course

Speaking of inconsistencies. ...

If I remember correctly, Ranger specifically asked how to do things that were in direct violation of a licence (along the lines of "how 2 extract and edit this mod shit from this pbo", then I believe after people told him not to, he did it anyway in full ignorance and then distributed it... hence the ban.

Do not quote me on this, I am just recalling this from memory.

you all are too funny ... all in all my point was made... I Love the map.. I dont really want this map removed.. use it with the new raptors , and artemis... good stuff..

and im not denying that what ranger did was wrong.. i state that very clearly.. he got banned for doing something wrong... (if you all actually read what i wrote it was clear)....

I am just saying.... in the OP it says, "Thanks for berghoff for making the foliage"... not, " thanks to berghoff for permissions to use his foliage..." it can be a bit clearer ... im just saying :P

Sidebar... someone was putting a ModPack together of a bunch of weapons.... Others peoples weapon mods... the first thing people asked was about permissions..... but here mahko puts out a map with other peoples mods (ie foliage buildings. etc.).. and no one said a thing they just assumed...... its just VERY VERY amusing to me how people are around here... thats what i was pointing out... all the stupid bickering about permissions.... so i put that last post out there....

sorry ... im sooo inconsistent..... soooo very inconsistent..

Edited by Lordprimate

You made a fool of yourself with the first post, and the second is no different.

Any further comment on the issue by anyone other than Makhno or Berghoff is unnecessary.

Harzach why all the insults... I was a "Prik".. now im a "fool"... i have to say your really throwing your weight around here.... thanks for making it obvious that some people are allowed to insult other forum members, while others get reprimanded for it....

and further more, ill comment all i want in a public forum... Harzach... on top of that your not a moderator here so shovel it... dont tell me what to do...

and on top of that i just received a message from berghoff!!

Hi,

You can modify and use my mod, i stopped making trees a long time ago, everybody is free to use it. If needed i can upload the original uncompiled files too.

Harzach ... the fact that you went straight to insulting me as a forum member really shows your no better then i or any other jack ass here... I was making a point, sorry you feel the need to insult other forum members... luckily for you you can get away with it..

Edited by Lordprimate

LP please stop flaming threads - you're just asking to get these kinds of responses - surely you see that ?

Anyway guys i don't know if this has already being discussed..but running AiA_TP with N'Ziwasogo i get no shadows from trees.

Is it problem with trees actually not having Shadow_lod ..or some other mess up?

...and on top of that i just received a message from berghoff!!

Cool, so there's no issue here.

You made no point in your original post, and you went about it the wrong way. Your attitude was extremely negative and smarmy. As for insults - your post was an insult to the community in general (how dare modmakers defend their rights!). I never made a direct insult, though my remarks were clearly deeply injurious to you. Please accept my apology for that, and I will work to be more gentle in the future.

The map will not load on a CentOS 7 dedicated with A3MP (standalone or with A3MP AP) or the various AIA TP's. Here is the log:

14.12.2014, 17:16:18 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.198)
14.12.2014, 17:16:18 Host identity created.
14.12.2014, 17:16:19 Game Port: 2302, Steam Query Port: 2303
14.12.2014, 17:16:24 [....] uses modified data file
14.12.2014, 17:16:24 BattlEye Server: Player #0 [....] ([....]) connected
14.12.2014, 17:16:24 Player [....] connecting.
14.12.2014, 17:16:25 BattlEye Server: Player #0 [....] - GUID: [....] (unverified)
14.12.2014, 17:16:26 Player [....] connected (id=[....]).
14.12.2014, 17:16:26 BattlEye Server: Verified GUID ([....]) of player #0 [....]
14.12.2014, 17:16:35 Admin [....] logged in.
14.12.2014, 17:16:36 Mission testing.pja305 read from bank.
14.12.2014, 17:16:40 Roles assigned.
14.12.2014, 17:16:40 Reading mission ...
14.12.2014, 17:16:46 Cannot open object ca\structures\wall\wall_fen1_5.p3d
14.12.2014, 17:20:17 Player [....] disconnected.
14.12.2014, 17:20:17 BattlEye Server: Player #0 [....] disconnected
14.12.2014, 17:20:17 Admin [....] logged out.
14.12.2014, 17:22:29 

This is the portion killing the map: "14.12.2014, 17:16:46 Cannot open object ca\structures\wall\wall_fen1_5.p3d"

I would love a response on this issue, I love this map and would really like to use it.

Specifics - I can enter the mission lobby on a clear RAM cache however once loaded it spits you right back out to the mission selection screen. This particular mission file has one playable rifleman. This occurs regardless of any other mods being enabled.

Thank you for your time.

Hey Makhno,

I really love this map. I was however wondering if you were still going to update it.

One thing I would like to see is some form of connection between the large airport and the mainland.

So either making it a peninsula connected to the mainland, or making a port at the airport, and also on some of the coastal towns.

A peninsula would be awesome for either convoy missions or assaults on the airport.