makhno

N'Ziwasogo A3 terrain (Released)

Makhno, just thought I'd double check, my unit produces many videos and plans on producing a video showcasing Nziwasogo with a custom FOB (after your next update). You are fine with us posting videos showcasing Nziwasogo to Youtube, yes?

N'Ziwasogo V0.5 is available :

Changelog :

-Moved thouthands of trees and bushed in and around the built up areas for a more realistic an logical placement.

-Complete AI usable road network (with recolored path textures).

-Removed misplaced trees that were in the water.

-redone the clutter (grass made lower to allow fighting from the prone position without being blinded by grass).

-Sounds revorked a little (this time no more squawking bird, for good).

-Download package contains all necessary Pbos except obviously A3MP.

-Toned down ground textures ( a little).

Download :

http://www.mediafire.com/download/b90qnzs6ns4hy3s/%40Nziwasogo_v05.rar

N'Ziwasogo V0.5 is available :

Changelog :

-Moved thouthands of trees and bushed in and around the built up areas for a more realistic an logical placement.

-Complete AI usable road network (with recolored path textures).

-Removed misplaced trees that were in the water.

-redone the clutter (grass made lower to allow fighting from the prone position without being blinded by grass).

-Sounds revorked a little (this time no more squawking bird, for good).

-Download package contains all necessary Pbos except obviously A3MP.

-Toned down ground textures ( a little).

Download :

http://www.mediafire.com/download/b90qnzs6ns4hy3s/%40Nziwasogo_v05.rar

Does this mean @Isla_Duala etc is no longer a dependency?

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

This is so freaking AWESOME!!!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

Thanks you very much, now the Drug delivery service can start! :rolleyes:

have you any future plans?

Hey everyone.

I have seen multiple people on here complain that this still requires the "isla duala" (full version w/ units) as a dependency on play with six, so it ends up mounting this addon onto your ArmA 3 game,

please please please remove this dependency, I am very sure this addon only requires the vegetation and buildings for it, and also I am pretty sure you said now it includes all of that in the PBO anyway, I would try to report this on play with six, but please do remove that dependency as it is useless and causes a bunch of ArmA 2 units to load on your editor and totally breaks the main menu with error messages. :( Please help with this issue. I love this great map and want to be able to properly install it without this hassle and workarounds!

Love the map and update!!

I've been messing N'Ziwasogo for the last month, building a MP Patrol Ops server.

Hopefully you will be able to remove the dependency in PlayWithSix (custom .exe works but not having helps with MP missions using playwithSix).

Thanks for your hard work on this.

Awesome work Makhno!

On PlaywithSix, @Isla Duala is still listed as a dependency for some reason. Do they have to change that their end or can you remove @Isla Duala as a dependency on your end?

EDIT: Nevermind it appears that I just needed to restart Play withSix, @Isla Duala is no longer listed as a dependency. Again, great work love the map.

Edited by Phant

I had another question which no one seems to have asked yet. What is the Background/lore for N'Ziwasogo? What's the area it is based on etc.?

I had another question which no one seems to have asked yet. What is the Background/lore for N'Ziwasogo? What's the area it is based on etc.?

That would be interesting.

When we started the Night ops in this lovely jungle map.

We always very disappointed with its lighting. Even if we just turn the one or less then 2 Chem light or lamps, it turned in to very strong LED light class. Tooooooo shiny

Not just for the chems, it happens with lamps, vehicle headlights, flares.

Hope u can fix it at the next Update.

-Six/Isla Duala dependency : done ( thx play with six Team).

-acta13 : Can you provide a screenshot, I dont see anything realy disturbing by night on my computer ( Anyone else has problems ?) ?

-lore/Setting :

Well, I never thought in term of lore or depicting a peculiar setting when planning for this terrain.

What I aimed at was creating a terrain different from the ones we aready had, and that could allow for a different gameplay than arma 3's vanilla islands. Specificaly I wanted to recreate close range combat in non urban areas.

I'm also quite fond of the style of recon missions performed by MACV-SOG (John Plaster's books are a great read on this subject : http://www.amazon.com/Sog-Secret-Americas-Commandos-Vietnam/dp/045123118X?bcsi-ac-95bb4efa6a1646c8=229BB80200000503YLZMcA5eq75lAnb+j/sHZ9pw5l+iAAAAAwUAADBiUQAIBwAAKAAAAACQAwA=)

I tried to make the map so that this kind of missions can be performed, hence the wide jungle areas.

Eventualy I chose africa rather than south east asia, because there's more real life military actions taking place here those days or in the near past (Ivory Coast, Congo, Nigeria, Sierra leone....)

-Plans : replacing streetlamps with A3 ones, and maybe add some ( definitely something needed).

I don't want to add more buildings to this map, it's already quite densely populated.

But i'm planing more maps of the same kind.

First something close to the mekong delta, with wide rivers ( Blazing away in fast boats definitely a must).

Then maybe something more mountaineous like Laos/vietnam (but given the Ai's management or lack of slopes, I have some doubts).

-Now a quiz : N'ziwasogo's terrain mesh is made from ASTER GDEM data altered to suit gameplay purposes (islands were added, and altitudes modified, the whole area is in real life above sea level)

Who can find where this actualy is on our planet ?

Very nice to this received an update! Can you tell if the weird problems with A1 buildings are fixed, like hearing an invisible unit in the house conncected with strange FPS issues?

Going slightly senile here... what is the suffix for missions with N'ziwasogo ?

There is something wrong with bisign for pja305_sounds_new.pbo. On our server we got key for it but even with key everyone get kicked becaouse of wrong signature. We tried to make new bisign and key for it - same issue. Can you please address that?

-Now a quiz : N'ziwasogo's terrain mesh is made from ASTER GDEM data altered to suit gameplay purposes (islands were added, and altitudes modified, the whole area is in real life above sea level)

Who can find where this actualy is on our planet ?

Im going to say either Lake Victoria, Lake Volta, or Lake Nasser I can't pinpoint exactly where or which one though.

Same issue with roads.pbo. Kicks from server because of wrong signature.

someone else can confirm the problem with signatures ?

We don't use Keys on our server normally but I just tested it by enabling keys and yes I get kicked as well.

HI again,

Pls give me ur email or steam id

I will show u about our suggestion of lighting fix

I'll repack and resign Roads an sounds with BinPbo ( were packed with a third party program, then signed).

I'm really interested in this island for some upcoming TacBF mission as discussed in our forums here.

It's one of the best currently available for ArmA3, aside from those ported over from ArmA2.

However I would really like to see a dramatic increase in the mico-terrain to aid PvP battles. Currently, the only cover available seems to be from objects (trees, buidlings, (rocks), etc.) but not small dips/mounds in the terrain.

Please consider the addition of micro-terrain features for future releases and thanks for your hard work thus far!