makhno

N'Ziwasogo A3 terrain (Released)

I'm trying to make sounds that improve the feeling of a deep, alien, threatening jungle.

Given you can't feel humidity, heat, mud.....in Arma, this leaves only the sounds.

This said if someone wants to make an alternative sound pack for this island I would not be anoyed, quite the opposite indeed.

There's no dependancy on the sounds, so that everyone can choose what he feels is better, or even disable them.

really, really nice for a beta mate - outstanding effort.

the only thing I would change as a priority is where you have the plain orange dirt ground in all the towns, I thought the dry dead grass that you had in very small patches around the towns would be best used over most of the towns with occasional patches of the orange dirt dotted around the place and probably more green grass dotted around the place.

more farms and fishing areas would be nice too. and I often think that places like this would be prime for oil and gas - so some refineries dotted around the map run by multinational companies would make sense too.

besides that it's really nice feel so far.

wow this map seems to be very interesting.

i have some ideas for your map which you can do in the future:

add some hills, rocks, caves (fake once), waterfalls (fake once, there are fake waterfalls for arma 2, you can take a look at them on youtube)

so it will give the map a more jungle environment, it will feel more natural

This scared the crap out of me the first time I heard it ;)

+1 , And made my ears hurt... not cool...

Wow really outstanding work with the map! Well done :) Enjoyed it so much I made a small video about it just cruising around.

Really awesome map so far. At first I thought the Arabic was going to mess with me but then I thought of Indonesia (largest Muslim populous in the world)and that goes away.

The only things I noticed were the sound of that bird or monkey (I saw you might take some help with that), this is just an idea but the river be brown or brown green, and the dirt is the town areas needs to be broken up with some grass patches or something it is very intense.

Now, we just need so Asia looking opfor and it's good to go.

I edited the screeching monkey/bird out of the pja305_sounds_new.pbo config and can now play without $%^&ing myself every few minutes.

Any chance you can fix your keys for

Wrong signature for file c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@nziwasogo_v03\addons\pja305_sounds_new.pbo

Really awesome map so far. At first I thought the Arabic was going to mess with me but then I thought of Indonesia (largest Muslim populous in the world)and that goes away.

The only things I noticed were the sound of that bird or monkey (I saw you might take some help with that), this is just an idea but the river be brown or brown green, and the dirt is the town areas needs to be broken up with some grass patches or something it is very intense.

Now, we just need so Asia looking opfor and it's good to go.

AGGRESSORS mod has a good mix of opfor from different parts of the world.

Can we get a separate download link for this, I really don't want to have to download A3MP again

@A3MP is a separate download

It's a pretty map and I already found great spots for missions. The biggest problem though is that the ambient sound plays on other islands if you have it loaded. That pretty much makes it unusable for multiplayer servers that change terrains.

I also ran into a weird pw6 config error. It keeps having to redownload @brg_africa, @ibr_dtowns, @mbg_gen_afr_buildings and @isla_duala

Hey Makhno, love the map and the general atmosphere. The jungle environment provides a great atmosphere for 'Nam-esque missions.

I only have one request and that is: Could you make the map an actual island with water surrounding all sides? I'm planning a campaign in which USMC invade from the sea, but the way the map is designed, the only real possible approach is from the south. Thanks!

@L3TUC3 : Strange indeed, @mbg_gen_afr_buildings is not even a requirement for this terrain.

@Scorch : No, this terrain will stay as it is ( too late to change that now), but i may in the future, when i'm finished witn N'Ziwasogo ( some technical difficulties to overcome) make a whole series of island using the same buildings, and same vegetation layout, with different terrain mesh/themes. I'm thinking of a mountain terrain ( Laos inspired) , rivers/swamps (Mekong Delta inspired) and maybe an archipellago.

Yes, refining the ground textures is among the things i'll do.

Looking forward to this, love jungle/nam style missions.

Is there a typo? I searched my HD for ibr_dtown.pbo, but it's called:

@ibr_dtowns\addons\ibr_dtowns.pbo

@brg_africa\addons\brg_africa.pbo

@isla_duala\addons\ibr_plants.pbo

Looks great at a first look. Unfortunately, ArmA fog is too blueish. I think there's nothing that cane be done about it?

That scream just killed me ;)

I edited the screeching monkey/bird out of the pja305_sounds_new.pbo config and can now play without $%^&ing myself every few minutes.

In config.cpp? Which one is it? TIA. It's way too loud, yeah.

Edited by tortuosit

Yes, indeed, typo error.

@Pellejones, nice of you to propose your help. I'll let you know if help is required.

Is there a typo? I searched my HD for ibr_dtown.pbo, but it's called:

@ibr_dtowns\addons\ibr_dtowns.pbo

@brg_africa\addons\brg_africa.pbo

@isla_duala\addons\ibr_plants.pbo

Looks great at a first look. Unfortunately, ArmA fog is too blueish. I think there's nothing that cane be done about it?

That scream just killed me ;)

In config.cpp? Which one is it? TIA. It's way too loud, yeah.

Look for anything referencing "pja305_sounds_new\sounds\ambient\single_sfx\bird1" and edit accordingly.

@Makhno sorry if it seems like I'm abusing your mod, I just find that really loud squawk intolerable.

That squawk blew out my fucking eardrums, but it was worth it - the map is awesome! Thanks for sharing your map Makhno, you rock.

tpw

That's ok, I totaly support your right to have different taste.