makhno

N'Ziwasogo A3 terrain (Released)

Awesome map! If anyones wondering it doesn't look like ALIVE military/civ placement modules pick up on the towns/bases (CQB works in some spots though)

Of course it won't it needs to be indexed, to get the strategic placements.

Congrats on the release.

Don't launch N'Ziwasogo's sounds unless you want to play on that island, we're working on this issue.

You can also opt not to use them at all, they're not mandatory.

Hi Makhno

Firstly, thanks very much for all your work releasing this huge and beautiful island. I realise that it's an early release and bound to have a few bugs and issues that people will comment on. I don't question your decision to use @A3MP, nor the content you chose to populate your map with, but there are a few config issues worth noting:

1 - Sound config bug which you have just addressed.

2 - With N'Ziwasogo loaded, the A3 loading screen defaults to an underwater scene which has nothing to do with your jungle (I'm not a big fan of custom islands taking over the front of the game like this, but maybe that's just me) .

3 - Your lighting config might need a bit of work. Light sources such as gun lights, headlights and spawned lightpoints are blindingly bright.

Hopefully you will be able to sort these issues out, and congratulations and thanks again for this release.

Took a familiarization flight early this morning and I am impressed! I like the general design of the terrain and the thoughtful layout of populated areas/isolated compounds. There is definitely work to be done, but I think you're on track to creating the first "classic" Arma 3 community terrain.

Excellent Map. The Ambient sounds are great and the eye candy is nice.

One suggestion would be to add higher and thicker grass (if possible) around the Deep part of the Jungle within the map. Maybe the grass could stay the way it is near the towns (worn down by people and civilization), but out in the deep part of the jungle the grass could be waist high or head high in some places. I'm not sure if that is even possible or computer friendly, but that is one of the things I noticed while in the deep jungle, the grass wasn't high enough or thick enough...IMHO. Also, water lying in little pools or ponds randomly in the jungle would be a nice touch. Can you make quicksand? :p

But it's your map and your design.... it's still on its way to being a masterpiece. Keep up the great work.

Edit: Of course, if the grass can't get smashed down by tanks or vehicles - then I understand why you didn't make it taller. Can the grass be smashed down with a script? It would be nice if it did. I know that when you drive through the 10 foot tall brush on Altis, the grass doesn't move and it's like the brush isn't even there. Anyway......

Edited by rehtus777

Since the map works fine with AiA, would it be possible to set that as an alternative to A3MP in play withSIX? Or is there some way to download an addon without the dependencies?

There also seems to be problems with lighting at night. Beside looking a lot like ArmA 2, weird black squares appear in flames, and particles in general seem a bit glitchy. This seems to be the case with every custom map, though, so I assume it's a larger problem.

The map itself is wonderful, thank you and congratulations for the release.

map looks great. :) the atmosphere is very good!

would like to see the watercolor be a bit more 'tropical', though!

You need the A2 buildings and objects, but indeed A3MP is not mandatory, AiA is another way to get them.

Awesome stuff man! I really love this map, cant wait till the Vietnam mod comes out for this. One quick thing though, on a bunch of the military outposts in cities you have 2 green barracks outside of the walled in section, was this a mistake or intentional? It just looked a bit odd to me. Anyways thanks so much for this great content I love it!

It's a very nice start. I'm surprised at how good FPS I get with so many objects on a map that size. Looking forward to trying it with ALiVE (it's been indexed in the latest hotfix!)

Nice terrain but the background birds are a little... loud, well, specifically what sounds like a cockatoo squawking while sitting on your shoulder... any chance of getting that toned down in an update?

The sounds will be modified in the future.

The sounds will be modified in the future.

About sound suggestion

Let the birds sleep in night so it's make natural at night :) birds usually sleep after sunset

And please make sounds abit low, queit annoying to heard the bird sound, not all but one, expecially the Kwak! one :(

Nice terrain but the background birds are a little... loud, well, specifically what sounds like a cockatoo squawking while sitting on your shoulder... any chance of getting that toned down in an update?

This scared the crap out of me the first time I heard it ;)

Very nice map, had some fun running and flying around, exploring and finding places for battles. Imo most of the urban areas are too bland and don't sit quite right atm, the villages and some smaller areas are fine, the bases are really nice! Overall a much better map than FSF Jungle in A2. ;)

Maybe I missed them but some swamp like areas would be cool, mixed with some huts/farm land. Also more elevations would be cool, doesn't need mountains but some hills/ridges maybe, more undulations, stuff like that...

Thanks for all the work on this!

---------- Post added at 17:13 ---------- Previous post was at 17:10 ----------

This scared the crap out of me the first time I heard it ;)

I had my sound turned up to soak in the jungle first time I ran the map, when I heard that thing I accidently opened fire! :581: >> :coop: >> :cry2:

On your map when running side missions in Alive for fun me and my friend can never complete the mission to destroy the house that uses Land_Mil_House from Arma II. It has been modded it to include a conex possibly from Arma 3 that runs cables out to a radio tower there is also a fuel tank that is indestructible at same locations. When you blow up the building the conex and the fuel tank is still there and the mission never completes. You all have made a great map thank you. At the airfield building ID's 900 and 902.

Congrats for the release. It's a really good work as FSF always do.

I hope the little issues like the bird will be fixed in the next version.

Many thanks