Sign in to follow this  
Gunship -OFP-ZONE-

Download the hk pack!

I've noticed a little bug : when in commander view, pointing at a KSK G22, it appears as an KSK G3.

Wow, thats the best weapon pack for ofp ever! One thing that should be different is the muzzle flashes (ie: m16 flash for mp5k and p8, those ones should have small circular flashes)

hmm the hk pack site looks very much like VBS1 site LOL

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Sep. 10 2002,17:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have a problem with the pack, many of the weapons shoot over the reticule, mostly while on full auto. Has anyone else encountered this?<span id='postcolor'>

jsut the thing i came to mention, sniper rifle scopes seem to be off aim, bullets are going to the upper right portion of the scope, can anyone else confirm this?

in all a beautifull weapons pack, i'm most impressed, i can't wait to see what the full addon will be like.

scrath that it only seems to happen with a couple of sniper rifles like the g22.

Hey Vixer biggrin.gif sure it looks a little bit like the VBS1 site - it was meant exactly this way tounge.gif I wanted to deliver a addon package which would add more detailed weapons and soldiers to the game - for more realism = virtual battle fied system biggrin.gif

Regarding the sniper rifle accuracy: this has many reasons. One is that the scopes are selfmade in O2, which means that their is a little unprecision already in the creation of the scope. Second is the bullets ballistic ( remember: gravity and wind are playing a role in OFP, too! tounge.gif ). Third is the dispersion on longer ranges.

Nearly the same with the auto fire mode: dispersion and recoil are making the gun shooting above, beyond or left/right of the actual aiming point! The guns are much more precise when shot in crouch or prone position, believe me biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (VipHeart @ Sep. 12 2002,10:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey Vixer  biggrin.gif  sure it looks a little bit like the VBS1 site - it was meant exactly this way tounge.gif  I wanted to deliver a addon package which would add more detailed weapons and soldiers to the game - for more realism = virtual battle fied system biggrin.gif

Regarding the sniper rifle accuracy: this has many reasons. One is that the scopes are selfmade in O2, which means that their is a little unprecision already in the creation of the scope. Second is the bullets ballistic ( remember: gravity and wind are playing a role in OFP, too! tounge.gif ). Third is the dispersion on longer ranges.

Nearly the same with the auto fire mode: dispersion and recoil are making the gun shooting above, beyond or left/right of the actual aiming point! The guns are much more precise when shot in crouch or prone position, believe me  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

hhmm, i had tried it with the MSG90 shooting at a big rock from a distance of around 150 metres, the bullet never hit the crosshair, it always hit the same exact spot in the upper right corner. i did notice that the bullets path normalized when the distance was about +400m and hit right on the crosshairs. now i know some people IRL like to calibrate their scopes so they can compensate for the distance (i used to hunt, not army.) but i like my bullets to start off at the point where my scope says they should start off.

btw did i laready mention the weapons pack rocks? biggrin.gif

Ouch...

The 1.30 version doesn't work. It says:

No entry 'config.cpp/CfgWeapons.HKMP5N'.

Does the whole pack doesn't work anymore or only some units??

Regarding the sniper scopes: yes, they're calibrated to 400 merters! biggrin.gif

The whole pack. The game doesn't start and displays that error message.

One thing to remember when testing the aim on weapons, the dust poof doesn't appear EXACTLY where the bullet strikes. It moves based on the wind and can seem to appear a few feet from where the bullet actually impacts. Shooting rocks and watching the dust isn't an accurate way of gauging accuracy, try shooting the edge of a hill and look for a bullet hole instead, much more telling of the true accuracy.

Two things: the muzzle velocity is too slow, and themuzzle flashes are kind of dumb, with the m16 flash for the p8 and mp5k.

think this pack will make its way onto any dedicated servers?? ...and if so, would people get it to play there? I personally think it kicks ass and Id love to be able to use these new weapons in player vs. player!!! GOOD WORK!

We use it on the FART Squad dedicated server, along with the C130, the Huey, Keg's weapons and the Littlebirds. Missions are so much better with some quality addons to supplement the existing kit. smile.gif

LoBo team ( well, actually Soul Catcher, T.S.C.Plage and me) will release some OFP:HK missions soon :-)

By the way: OFP:HK 1.30 version is fixed now! Either download it again from our website or take out your hexeditor and delete the first 46 bytes of the old pbo file ( I accidently packed the pbo in Reistance format - that's why it doesn't work under 1.46) biggrin.gif

good news on the missions! Are there plans for any player vs. player missions or will it be mainly co-op?

2 VipHeart

What about making SP Campaign? Something about War on Terror? Cause KSK units are perfect for that!!!

I have the following problem : machine gunners under units KSK do not fire in full auto. Even with the MG-3, they open fire in single shoots, even at very close range and whatever the skill is.

Anyone else with that ?

Hum...don't know if you're speaking about units in OFP Solidsnake now tounge.gif

If yes, they're under "resistance " side wink.gif

About the machineguns, sorry I didn't told it right :

Only the MG8 fires full auto. Not the MG3 and the LMG-36.

Even when using weapons with others soldiers ( east, west etc )

In fact assault guns ( G-36, G-36K, G-37, G3 ) are never used in full auto or bursts, even at very close range ( less than 20 meters ) - the counter part is a very effective and accurate semiauto-fire from the AI, but G8 or Steyr AUG units does the job in less than half the time during trials, so less time for casualtys and losses in KSK's side ! smile.gif -

Please Vipersheart, did you know about this, and could you fix it ?

( and.... a big ammo belt for the MG-3 and correct visor correction for the G3SG1 please ! wink.gifsmile.gif )

VIPHEART...thats great news...we have resisted add-ons for our server thus far in fear that players would not have them and become frustrated, but this HK pack has sparked a debate and may just switch us over to the other side! Quality work gentlemen...!