Sign in to follow this  
tonygrunt

Does a Battleye global ban in Arma 3 carry over to DayZ SA and vice versa?

A question to $able as both games use steamworks authentication for multiplayer.

If a steam account has both Arma 3 and DayZ SA, will getting you a Battleye global ban in one of the games carry over to the other game?

Thats a good question.

I know a3 and dayz can now share the same banlist.

If this is the case for global bans aswell. only $able or some Bis representative (Dwarden) can answer on.

As far as I know.

Global Bans do NOT carry over.

BattlEye bans you by the game key of the game you get banned on.

I could be wrong. But this is what I know.

A question to $able as both games use steamworks authentication for multiplayer.

If a steam account has both Arma 3 and DayZ SA, will getting you a Battleye global ban in one of the games carry over to the other game?

Yes, it will.

Yes, it will.

Thanks.

I would like to suggest then to advertize it more in the store pages as someone who already got a global ban in Arma 3 and buys DayZ later might not have made the necessary searches to know about it.

Also neither steam store page advertizes that they use Battleye as a 3rd party anticheat, that makes it more difficult for someone to know that they might get affected between different games.

That Is great news.

But as suggested by TonyGrunt, Please don't do this...I _WANT_ the kids to get banned on DayZ, then buy A3 especially since they got banned and have nothing to play, only to find out they are banned on that too. The rage/crying/saving on mommys credit card will be very satisfying indeed.

• Like 1

Its all nice that global bans work across games. since nothing is more annoying than a cheater/hacker ruining the mission on your server.

However when that said.. im woundering if this is legale to do?. after all they are two different products.

This is actually preventing someone from playing in multiplayer in game X because they did things in game Y. (90% A3 & 100% Dayz, of servers use battleye)

No one likes cheaters/hackers, but i think this is a but unfair as they have no knowlege about this when they buy the game(s).

Edited by nuxil

Its all nice that global bans work across games. since nothing is more annoying than a cheater/hacker ruining the mission on your server.

However when that said.. im woundering if this is legale to do?. after all they are two different products.

This is actually preventing someone from playing in multiplayer in game X because they did things in game Y. (90% A3 & 100% Dayz, of servers use battleye)

No one likes cheaters/hackers, but i think this is a but unfair as they have no knowlege about this when they buy the game(s).

They are not banned from the game, they are banned from BE's Service, therefore they can not join any BE enabled server, but still play the game otherwise. Both games have non-BE servers and even if they didn't, it wouldn't be BE's problem legal wise as they agreed to BE's EULA.

They are not banned from the game, they are banned from BE's Service, therefore they can not join any BE enabled server, but still play the game otherwise. Both games have non-BE servers and even if they didn't, it wouldn't be BE's problem legal wise as they agreed to BE's EULA.

If you read the eula, it states nowhere in it, that hacking BE will result in a globalban. or abuse of BE's Service will result in a globalban.

it merly sais this

1 - Licensee may not decompile, disassemble, reverse-engineer, modify or redistribute BattlEye in any way.

2 - Licensor is allowed to terminate the license at any time for any reason and without notice to Licensee.

Altho you can consider nr2 as the globalban.

however when that's said. im not agains global bans for games. i just think cross game global ban is a bad thing.

espesially when there is no info about it on steam. i see no info on Dayz that it uses BE as its anticheat. i see no info on steam that a global ban in a previouse games that uses BE will automaticly give you a global ban in Dayz or virce verca.

Now im also 99% sure that Dayz servers are required to use battleye. and there is no Singleplayer in Dayz? ("i do not have Dayz so i dont know")

so if thats the case it means you cant use the game. therfor banned from the game.

for arma3 its up to the server owners to deside if they want to use BE or not. but afik. BE is required on Dayz servers. correct me if am wrong.

Edited by nuxil

If you read the eula, it states nowhere in it, that hacking BE will result in a globalban. or abuse of BE's Service will result in a globalban.

it merly sais this

1 - Licensee may not decompile, disassemble, reverse-engineer, modify or redistribute BattlEye in any way.

2 - Licensor is allowed to terminate the license at any time for any reason and without notice to Licensee.

Altho you can consider nr2 as the globalban.

however when that's said. im not agains global bans for games. i just think cross game global ban is a bad thing.

espesially when there is no info about it on steam. i see no info on Dayz that it uses BE as its anticheat. i see no info on steam that a global ban in a previouse games that uses BE will automaticly give you a global ban in Dayz or virce verca.

Now im also 99% sure that Dayz servers are required to use battleye. and there is no Singleplayer in Dayz? ("i do not have Dayz so i dont know")

so if thats the case it means you cant use the game. therfor banned from the game.

for arma3 its up to the server owners to deside if they want to use BE or not. but afik. BE is required on Dayz servers. correct me if am wrong.

There are DayZ servers without BE, that's why it's allowed. Cross game bans are a good thing, because let's face it, once a cheater, always a cheater!

The cross bans are definitely good thing in my opinion, but it should be clearly and visibly stated before the installation of BE. The intrinsic value should be cheat prevention, not catching cheaters (which should have only an instrumental value to prevent cheating). If there's no clear mention of the cross bans, catching cheaters becomes the intrinsic value instead of the cheat prevention, which is bad for everyone and wrong in my opinion. So I'd suggest adding a clear statement about the cross bans to the installation program of both games and/or Battleye - not to help cheaters, but to prevent cheating by deterrent factor.