kaelies

Kaelies' South Zagorian Army Mod

Does the bootcamp patch break 3rd party radio protocols? The chatter is now in Farsi.

Pulsater relating to your sud ru post.

I cannot get both kalies mod voice over,and suddens voice over to work together,....its one or the other.

Ever since the 0.4.1.3 update on Play With Six the weapon sounds seem to be broken again, any ideas?

Ever since the 0.4.1.3 update on Play With Six the weapon sounds seem to be broken again, any ideas?

Same thing here. My unit just has the update rolled back to 4.1.2 for working sounds.

This is an amazing mod! reminds me of the fun I had in ARMA 2, However having all of the weapons in the VAS is a little annoying. any way to limit this?

Edited by DankestM114

---------- Post added at 08:04 ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 ----------

- Sound Errors on Kaelies Strela/Igla/Stinger - all AA weapons, also they cannot lock? :S

- When 3D loading/placing units w. FN SCAR the game crashes rendering it MCC/Zeus incompatible.

- No sounds on helicopter weapons.

- When turning on lights in hind, you are blinded from the spot which originates inside the cockpit.

- FFAR´s are not firing where you aim, you have to list aircraft to the side to hit.

- Getting some .RPT spam after the latest soundfix also.

- UAZ still has lights on all times, a weird blurry glow, even though engine isnt on.

- UAZ engine sounds are the same, no matter if speeding up or slowing down.

- Gunner in Hind can get stuck in gunner view? - weird, going to investigate further.

This is an amazing mod! reminds me of the fun I had in ARMA 2, However having all of the weapons in the VAS is a little annoying. any way to limit this?

Indeed, and the many many many attachments to different vests etc the same. But i guess its the price you pay for A2 ports. :)

where i can see the version of a helicopter mi24vp for A2 ?

Thank you for making this Kaelies. Really great job with the Mi24s!

I have a request: May I use some of your items/vehicles (Mi24p and UAZ) for my UN 1990 Compilation? I'd only reference your addon and change faction and textures with setobjecttexture via my config file.

so I'm right in assuming this mod is still causing errors to pop up for everyone else? It seems certain sounds are missing, is there anything I've missed or that I can do about it?

so I'm right in assuming this mod is still causing errors to pop up for everyone else? It seems certain sounds are missing, is there anything I've missed or that I can do about it?

I have the same problem...the AK sound plus the Mi24 gatling gun sound is not working

Think the mod is dead :/

Thanks Kaelies for all the joy you've brought to us!

EDIT: Nevermind, just thought I'd stir up conversation ;)

Edited by FistoGames

Hello everyone,

I'm very sorry about my long break from the mod, or from making any posts about it; I've been focusing more on my clan and other games recently, so I haven't had as much time or will to work on things.

I have made some additions to the mod which I think are rather nice, but they aren't really in a stable enough state for me to make a public release of them quite yet; I'm working on bugfixes for them, but it's not a very fast process. I should also note that there is a strong focus on the infantry and infantry weapons, so there won't be much, if anything, new in terms of aircraft or vehicles for the next update.

I can't say for sure when the next update will happen; while I want to say within the month, there is too much that could happen for me to be sure; there's some restructuring of the mod which could slow things down, and I'm probably not going to be working on it as much as I used to.

-----

In terms of VAS, the only options I'm aware of are to use a classname-based whitelist over all weapons, or to use a blacklist to remove all extra weapon clutter. There's a classlist on the first post of this thread, but I think it may be a bit outdated; you can use the ingame config viewer to look up classnames for anything that might be missing.

- Sound Errors on Kaelies Strela/Igla/Stinger - all AA weapons, also they cannot lock? :S

- When 3D loading/placing units w. FN SCAR the game crashes rendering it MCC/Zeus incompatible.

- No sounds on helicopter weapons.

- When turning on lights in hind, you are blinded from the spot which originates inside the cockpit.

- FFAR´s are not firing where you aim, you have to list aircraft to the side to hit.

- Getting some .RPT spam after the latest soundfix also.

- UAZ still has lights on all times, a weird blurry glow, even though engine isnt on.

- UAZ engine sounds are the same, no matter if speeding up or slowing down.

- Gunner in Hind can get stuck in gunner view? - weird, going to investigate further.

Thanks for the bug reports, it will help.

In terms of the sound errors on AA or vehicle weapons, I might be able to fix it in the next update; In terms of locking, I guess something changed, but it should be fixed in the next release. I noticed in testing that the AA rocket doesn't seem as effective as it used to, so I'll have to look into it, but perhaps when I start working on Air units.

I've been unable to ever find out what causes the FN SCAR crash, it doesn't happen on my end. All I can hope for is that some other fix makes that bug go away too.

While I haven't had the FFAR issue for the hinds, they do indeed have issues with lights and such. Unfortunately, I don't plan to work on them for this next update, but I'll try to fix it in the future. The same is going to have to go for the UAZ.

Finally, I think there is a workaround to the gunner view issue, as it seems to happen when you spawn in the hind; getting out and in again, or not starting within it, seems to prevent it from happening, at least in my experience.

where i can see the version of a helicopter mi24vp for A2 ?

The -24vp version is something I made from the A2 sample models, so unfortunately there isn't one for ArmA 2 itself.

Thank you for making this Kaelies. Really great job with the Mi24s!

I have a request: May I use some of your items/vehicles (Mi24p and UAZ) for my UN 1990 Compilation? I'd only reference your addon and change faction and textures with setobjecttexture via my config file.

If you're still interested, that would be fine. Feel free to use the UN textures I have in the addon already for a starting point.

I must have messed something up with the sound hotfix I made a while ago, if you are experiencing this after using it. I think everything should be in a better state with the next update, though.

-----

One thing I should finally mention, about a week or two ago I mentioned to a friend that I would be updating by the end of this week, but it seems that I can't finish by that time; I didn't end up working as much as I thought I would on bugfixes, and I've also had some issues with the tools which have led me into a roadblock.

On that note though, I should confirm that I had planned a big surprise for this update, and that that surprise is the addition of arma-2 style civilians into the addon, complete with some female civilians too. They're all based off the standard soldier and are all capable of doing anything a soldier could do, including shoot a gun, drive a tank, or even operate advanced technology. Furthermore, the female heads are selectable by the player or can be set via scripting commands, so female soldiers are possible too.

If you're still interested, that would be fine. Feel free to use the UN textures I have in the addon already for a starting point.

Awesome thank you Kaelis!

I am pretty busy with other things too, so this will take a while : )

Please be a nice mod maker and split units and weapons into different pbos WITHOUT the units requiring the weapons.

So communities who wish to use your units but not your weapons dont have to ignore your author's rights.

Please be a nice mod maker and split units and weapons into different pbos WITHOUT the units requiring the weapons.

So communities who wish to use your units but not your weapons dont have to ignore your author's rights.

What?! So you basically threaten him, saying that he does what you want or you'll hack his work. :eek:

What?! So you basically threaten him, saying that he does what you want or you'll hack his work. :eek:

No, I ask him to please be nice, and make modular usage a viable option for everyone. For me, personally, the sound contributor, LAxemann, is from our community, so I'd ask him to try and get permission for a modification.

Even if that weren't the case, I always ask for permission before I modify other people's work. But, it's always nicer when I don't have to consider modifications in the first place, and other people may not be as polite as I am about author's rights. Case in point: Only people who respect author's rights talk about author's rights.

Edited by janus0104

Hi Janus,

I'm very sorry, but it would be very difficult for me to do such a split; I would need to make a new .pbo solely for switching out the default weapons out for my own, in a second folder on my end, where it would be necessary for me to mirror any changes in classes, any additions in the future, across all the relevant files, which is especially difficult considering I'm already trying to restructure how things work.

If you really need to have just the units, you have my permission to edit my config to use default arma 3 weapons, and to remove the dependency in the cfgpatches, but I would need you to do that yourself.

Also, I'd be interested in knowing why another weapons addon might be preferable to the ones I use here, just because it might be the sort of info I could use to make my own weapons better in the future! Please, let me know of any suggestions you might have towards that end.

Hi Janus,

I'm very sorry, but it would be very difficult for me to do such a split; I would need to make a new .pbo solely for switching out the default weapons out for my own, in a second folder on my end, where it would be necessary for me to mirror any changes in classes, any additions in the future, across all the relevant files, which is especially difficult considering I'm already trying to restructure how things work.

If you really need to have just the units, you have my permission to edit my config to use default arma 3 weapons, and to remove the dependency in the cfgpatches, but I would need you to do that yourself.

I understand the issue for you, thank you very much for allowing such modification.

Also, I'd be interested in knowing why another weapons addon might be preferable to the ones I use here, just because it might be the sort of info I could use to make my own weapons better in the future! Please, let me know of any suggestions you might have towards that end.

On one hand, I really like the amount of detail you put into the different ammo variants, tracers, mg tracers, different colors, different calibers, etc. On the other hand, that produces a lot of config entries, making things like looking up the correct matching between weapon and ammo, and the usage inside the Virtual Arsenal, tedious.

On another hand, I believe there's a lot of subjective opinion and preference going into it. The "painted" look of the South Zagorian Army units, hoping you know what I mean by "painted", might not blend too well when putting these AKs into the hands of other units. And then there's the fact that AKs are popular weapons so they come with a few other mods, too, and when you have more AKs in your arsenal than any other kind of weaponry combined, it becomes a bit redundant :)

One concrete suggestion is to use suffixes (like [sZ]) on weapon names to reduce confusion, especially for mission builders who use the Virtual Arsenal.

EDIT: For now, I did just that. Made a small config.cpp into a seperate pbo that simply changes the displayName's to have an [sZ] suffix where not already the case.

I'm happy with that :D

Edited by janus0104

Kaelies - we're trying to set your units up as Takistan Military on our Insurgency map like we used to a couple of months ago and we were stoked to see that they were ZEUS compatible. BUT it seems the sounds are still not working for weapons ?

Is there a Bikeyed Hotfix ? Or any sign of an update - One of my favourite Unit mods, so I'd be gutted to lose them :( ?

Say it ain't so

SJ

greetings from me.. the mod was awsome, especially Mi24 and the vest, i like it.. i wonder if there is an update for modernized Mi24.. keep it going :)

me and my guys are very interessted in a standalone Mi-24 Package.

and your hinds are the best ones released for ARMA 3 for now

is someting planned in that direction?

On the topic of the Hinds, I seem to be getting an error with sounds for them. I can't hear the MG if on the ground, but can hear it fire if I'm in the Hind itself, I'm also getting an error before it fires saying it cannot locate a sound for it.

Hey man, loving your units but (at least for the SIX download) the sounds are broken. Is there a fix-config somewhere on the internet? The jsrs config also doesn't work.