kaelies

Kaelies' South Zagorian Army Mod

Hey,

It would indeed be the A2 humvees ported over if I did them, it can still take a while though!

I'll be doing ghillie suits, snipers, etc, all as part of one single update later on, since I want to take some special care with making the ghillies excellent. Unfortunately you will have to wait a while for them :(

I'm interested in what this Dark Business is though, mind sharing yours once it's done? Especially if it doesn't really rely on any other addons :)

Once NAPA (the only way it'd work is if there was an opfor version as well, since the Russians are independent and the US is blufor) is released along with the urals I'd be happy to make one using just your mod and A3MP :) I really put my own spin on the classic shacktac one :) it's pretty great. The current one I made is for my Arma group, exclusively, though :)

---------- Post added at 03:57 ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 ----------

3 smileys in 2 sentences. Wow, I'm good!

Hey,

It would indeed be the A2 humvees ported over if I did them, it can still take a while though!

I'll be doing ghillie suits, snipers, etc, all as part of one single update later on, since I want to take some special care with making the ghillies excellent. Unfortunately you will have to wait a while for them :(

I'm interested in what this Dark Business is though, mind sharing yours once it's done? Especially if it doesn't really rely on any other addons :)

Two things: I'm planning on porting Vodniks today for CMP so if you want them you can have them. The second thing is that I hope we get scrim helmets with the ghillie update!

Once NAPA (the only way it'd work is if there was an opfor version as well, since the Russians are independent and the US is blufor) is released along with the urals I'd be happy to make one using just your mod and A3MP :) I really put my own spin on the classic shacktac one :) it's pretty great. The current one I made is for my Arma group, exclusively, though :)

---------- Post added at 03:57 ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 ----------

3 smileys in 2 sentences. Wow, I'm good!

Sounds like fun, though unfortunately I have to keep you waiting since NAPA is still a small ways off. If you ever choose to make your mission available to the public, let me know and maybe I can feature a link to it on the front post or something.

Two things: I'm planning on porting Vodniks today for CMP so if you want them you can have them. The second thing is that I hope we get scrim helmets with the ghillie update!

I already have some modified Vodniks (mostly adding cargo to the BPPU one) I did back in ArmA 2 which I wanted to use as the basis for my ArmA 3 ones, so it would be easier for me to convert those than take already-converted ones and modify them again. Thanks for your offer though :)

If scrim helmets are the helmets with grass on top and whatnot, then yes, I hope to make them part of the ghillie update, along with other partial-ghillies or stuffings of grass onto uniforms or guns. I might end up working on camos a bit more then as well, so there would be a lot of considerations to do.

Sounds like fun, though unfortunately I have to keep you waiting since NAPA is still a small ways off. If you ever choose to make your mission available to the public, let me know and maybe I can feature a link to it on the front post or something.

I already have some modified Vodniks (mostly adding cargo to the BPPU one) I did back in ArmA 2 which I wanted to use as the basis for my ArmA 3 ones, so it would be easier for me to convert those than take already-converted ones and modify them again. Thanks for your offer though :)

If scrim helmets are the helmets with grass on top and whatnot, then yes, I hope to make them part of the ghillie update, along with other partial-ghillies or stuffings of grass onto uniforms or guns. I might end up working on camos a bit more then as well, so there would be a lot of considerations to do.

Yeah, I'm taking the Medevac Vodnik and making an unarmed version to replace the Ifrit. I figured that I may as well spread the love.

So no update this weekend? ;-; so when will the big update occure?

So no update this weekend? ;-; so when will the big update occure?

As usual, when it's ready.

As usual, when it's ready.

Indeed!

Though I usually update on weekends, in particular Sundays, I'm afraid there will be nothing this weekend. Maybe the next one :)

Do you have any plans to remove the vests from the uniforms and make them truly separate models? I can understand why you've chosen to go this way, but it's asynchronous to BIS' current A3 clothing/vest implementation.

Very nice mod!

Many thanks for all the time you spent to give us this present :)

I must agree with L3TUC3, it would be super cool if you'd manage to fully implement BIS' system, but I'll of course use the mod no matter which way you take it :D

pretty nice new sounds. b ut me thinks they sound a bit weak. maybe they can adjusted more in this direction:

You could maybe add some gloves to the USMC and have some USMC units to have googles on their helmets? :)

I don't know if its just me, but I feel like the weapons are really powerful in relation to the vanilla weapons. Is there a way to tweak the weapon damage?

Hey,

Do you have any plans to remove the vests from the uniforms and make them truly separate models? I can understand why you've chosen to go this way, but it's asynchronous to BIS' current A3 clothing/vest implementation.

I do not have any plans to change this in the near future, and probably not unless there was a system to have the uniform, vest, vest supplies, and backpack all as separate items instead of just one "vest" slot. The other really big issue is that the BIS models usually have the vest and uniform merged together, so it is either difficult or impossible to remove the vest without having to do some major reconstruction on the underneath model, and it just isn't worth it to me, at least for the foreseeable future.

pretty nice new sounds. b ut me thinks they sound a bit weak. maybe they can adjusted more in this direction:

I dunno, personally I much prefer the sounds we have right now. Though, from what I gather from looking at all the different sound mods, it seems to be a strong matter of taste, so to each their own I guess.

You could maybe add some gloves to the USMC and have some USMC units to have googles on their helmets? :)

Both of those should be possible. Not sure how well the gloves will end up looking together with the rolled-up sleeves, but I'll maybe post some screenshots later.

I don't know if its just me, but I feel like the weapons are really powerful in relation to the vanilla weapons. Is there a way to tweak the weapon damage?

Its true, most of the weapons have higher damage outputs than the vanilla ones. I try to have it set up at least somewhat realistically, but its sorta difficult with having both the actual damage done by a bullet and the amount it goes through body armour both set in the same value. In any case, I might make another optional config someday that sets damages more equal to those used by default A3.

As a final note, you could try to use the weakest round of each caliber to try and get it closer to default A3 values: 7n6, m855, m43 (this one is generally weaker than A3), type L, or M80.

------

I won't be able to do an update this weekend, sorry :( Been too much other stuff to work on recently.

The only sounds that need to change IMO are the AK sounds. They just are too much like a "pop" and don't really sound very much like a weapon. The other ones are great though!

The only sounds that need to change IMO are the AK sounds. They just are too much like a "pop" and don't really sound very much like a weapon. The other ones are great though!

To me the M4/M16 family sound too "low", It's like if they had suppressor. I love the sounds, but I'd like that particular ones to be louder.

The AK sounds quite much as in real life, more "metallic".

Haha, perfect examples on how sounds are a personal thing :D

But interesting enough the AK and AR15 sounds are the ones that I'd like to redo after I finished the rest.

I'm okey with the AK sound but i'll try to add more ambient reverb/echo to it in the near future, sounds too dry if you ask me.

As for the AR15, I already did new sounds for it (check the video a few pages before) but honestly don't like 'em... will probably redo everything a third time :D

Thanks for the kind words though, guys!

Haha, perfect examples on how sounds are a personal thing :D

But interesting enough the AK and AR15 sounds are the ones that I'd like to redo after I finished the rest.

I'm okey with the AK sound but i'll try to add more ambient reverb/echo to it in the near future, sounds too dry if you ask me.

As for the AR15, I already did new sounds for it (check the video a few pages before) but honestly don't like 'em... will probably redo everything a third time :D

Thanks for the kind words though, guys!

I agree. When are the FAL sounds being implemented? Those are AMAZING!

They are since a few versions as far as I know :)

I'm sorry to bring up the rpg-7 sight once again, but is it possible that you can use a sprite that looks like how the sight would when actually viewing an rpg sight?

I'm experiencing a very weird bug. Sometimes when some units, not sure which, fire their weapon I can hear white noise too. I've tried running it with only CBA, KAE_SZ and RDS, but I still heard the noise.

---------- Post added at 21:05 ---------- Previous post was at 19:18 ----------

There are no flashlights that will attach to the AKs, is it possible you allow the vanilla one to be attached or add one?

Hey,

Sorry for the rather long, unannounced hiatus. I've been getting distracted with RL and other things lately so I haven't worked on the mod much, hopefully after vacation starts in about a week I should be getting back to this.

Thanks for the reminder about the RPG-7 sight, I ended up forgetting about it; I'll try to work on something. Do you mean that you just want it to look better, or should I have it sized down to about the size that the sight would normally look?

About flashlights, I'll do something about it, don't think I can get the vanilla one working well, but I will try to make one that attaches to the barrel or something; maybe I'll be able to make some variants as well, would be nice to have some of the more modern LED flashlights available as a choice too.

About LEA, sounds like a great idea! I'll add that to my to-do list.

Finally, in regards to the white noise, I've been getting that too since the last A3 update, good to know I'm not going crazy! I'll be sure to fix that asap.

Kaelis baby, you're alive haha

Currently working on a big project (not the LOSounds2) but I'll be having a month of vacation, too so lots of time to finish all the sounds :)

With regards to the RPG sight, I've been talking about it so much I must seem obsessed, but in-your-face ironsights are a really big pet peeve for me. They end up with the front sight post being so in-your-face and big that it covers your whole target and makes the whole thing inaccurate. What I meant with the post, is the latter, you should size it down to somewhere around it would look if you were using an rpg like you would real life.

Kaelis baby, you're alive haha

Currently working on a big project (not the LOSounds2) but I'll be having a month of vacation, too so lots of time to finish all the sounds :)

Awesome! Say, I've narrowed down the weird noise bug to happening after firing something using the AK-74 sound, or the SCAR in particular. Any chance you might know what's going on?

@Tinter:

No problem, and that shouldn't be a problem to fix

---

By the way, I was messing around with LEA and made a quick little set for this addon, it isn't finished and is still very buggy, but it'll do until I actually work on it:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4siu3a6f86d85cg/SouthZagorianArmy_0.4.1_1.lea.addon

To install it you'd open up the "add new addons" thing and then import this file.