kaelies

Kaelies' South Zagorian Army Mod

I don't seem to have any problems with the SCAR, but however when i try to spawn a rifleman with the HK-416, he is spawning without any gun....:(

RE: Scar Issues

I had a small idea on what might have been the issue, but I can't guarentee that it will work at all. Try this hotfix and see if it does anything:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByqnO-lDHGncemljWDR1UHRWbkE/edit?usp=sharing

I don't seem to have any problems with the SCAR, but however when i try to spawn a rifleman with the HK-416, he is spawning without any gun....:(

Hey. No clue what could be causing it, try spawning a normal rifleman then trying to give him the various HK-416 guns, the classnames are as follows:

Kae_HK416
Kae_HK416_LB
Kae_HK416_SBR

Also try the "soldier (light)" and various crewmen, those all also use the HK416 and it would help to know if they are not working as well. Finally, by spawn I assume you mean placing in the editor?

@MistyRonin

Thanks for the information! Boonie hats it is then :)

I had a small idea on what might have been the issue, but I can't guarentee that it will work at all. Try this hotfix and see if it does anything:

YAY! It worked, Kaelis, now I can spawn both the weapon and the unit config´d to use it! Thanks ;)

I have a little request, if it's possible. Could you darken a bit the SCAR models or use the tan ones?

Right now the one used by the USMC looks more like a light silver color, than the default black. Although most of the SCAR in service have the tan painting.

nt4kkNZalzato1zt7hcQFjl72eJkfbmt4t8yenImKBVvK0kTmF0xjctABnaLJIm9

SCARmk17seals.jpg

What is coming for the next update? Desert camo for the Marines or is it coming at a later time? :) anything else? peace ^_^

---------- Post added at 17:05 ---------- Previous post was at 16:37 ----------

The Team/Squad Leader or what ever he didn't have a gun either so i would guess the Team/Squad Leader uses one, and i am going to try Light Soldier and see

Hey. No clue what could be causing it, try spawning a normal rifleman then trying to give him the various HK-416 guns, the classnames are as follows:

Kae_HK416
Kae_HK416_LB
Kae_HK416_SBR

Also try the "soldier (light)" and various crewmen, those all also use the HK416 and it would help to know if they are not working as well. Finally, by spawn I assume you mean placing in the editor?

@MistyRonin

Thanks for the information! Boonie hats it is then :)

Hey Kaelies, so for the Marines, the light variant should be called Marine(light) instead of Soldier (light). Just a technical thing. It's improper to refer to Marines as soldiers. No worries though!

I've been playing this mod for a little bit and I must say that it's quite fantastic. A few issues with ported stuff (like texture quality on the CDF vests, for example) but I'm sure that you're going to get around to improving the quality of these magnificent units. I quite like using them with the HAFM Humvees and other imports from Arma 2 to vary the army's equipment a bit. Overall, this is very good and I'm looking forward to the future.

Hey Kaelies, so for the Marines, the light variant should be called Marine(light) instead of Soldier (light). Just a technical thing. It's improper to refer to Marines as soldiers. No worries though!

Hmm, interesting. I'll fix that.

I have a little request, if it's possible. Could you darken a bit the SCAR models or use the tan ones?

Right now the one used by the USMC looks more like a light silver color, than the default black. Although most of the SCAR in service have the tan painting.

About using the tan texture, was gonna do that for the desert marpat when/if that comes around, doesn't make sense for tan weapons in a forest environment imo.

Took me a while to figure out how to do it but I should have made a better black texture as well. Also reduced the excess shineyness of the SCAR.

What is coming for the next update? Desert camo for the Marines or is it coming at a later time? :) anything else? peace ^_^

---------- Post added at 17:05 ---------- Previous post was at 16:37 ----------

The Team/Squad Leader or what ever he didn't have a gun either so i would guess the Team/Squad Leader uses one, and i am going to try Light Soldier and see

Well, the squad leader uses a normal M16, so that's very odd. Try re-downloading the addon and see if that fixes it?

Haven't tried the desert Marpat yet, so I can't promise when that will be out. Hasn't been much work this week due to life so it's hard to say what's happening next.

I've been playing this mod for a little bit and I must say that it's quite fantastic. A few issues with ported stuff (like texture quality on the CDF vests, for example) but I'm sure that you're going to get around to improving the quality of these magnificent units. I quite like using them with the HAFM Humvees and other imports from Arma 2 to vary the army's equipment a bit. Overall, this is very good and I'm looking forward to the future.

Thanks! While I do want to go back and increase the quality of most of what I've done eventually, there's also a bunch of new things which I want to add first so it will be a while before I go in by myself. If you have anything in particular bugging you just let me know in a post and I can try to fix it earlier :)

-----

Just some eye-candy of the new, black SCAR:

bEQanN5.jpg

Also tried a different method with the vest retexture, might look better:

xDdURa9.jpg

Just some eye-candy of the new, black SCAR:

http://i.imgur.com/bEQanN5.jpg

Also tried a different method with the vest retexture, might look better:

http://i.imgur.com/xDdURa9.jpg[/center]

The new black for the SCAR looks outstanding! You are a genius :)

IMHO there are two problems with the CDF modern vest:

Lack of "texture", it looks too flat. That one you seem to have improved a in the last pic ( but the bags of the vest still look too flat IMO ). Maybe adding a textile texture layer, reducing alpha and selecting as a "lights layer" in Photoshop.

The other is that looks too "shiny"/"bright" new compared to the uniform; as if it has just came out of the factory. To solve that, my suggestion would be to reduce a bit the saturation ( but just a bit ), and maybe add a dirt layer.

But that's me being picky. I'll personally love anything you add in the mod :)

Edited by MistyRonin

The new black for the SCAR looks outstanding! You are a genius :)

IMHO there are two problems with the CDF modern vest:

Lack of "texture", it looks too flat. That one you seem to have improved a in the last pic ( but the bags of the vest still look too flat IMO ). Maybe adding a textile texture layer, reducing alpha and selecting as a "lights layer" in Photoshop.

The other is that looks too "shiny"/"bright" new compared to the uniform; as if it has just came out of the factory. To solve that, my suggestion would be to reduce a bit the saturation ( but just a bit ), and maybe add a dirt layer.

But that's me being picky. I'll personally love anything you add in the mod :)

Thanks!

I added the textile texture I used for the South Zagorian reskins onto the CDF vest, hopefully that will solve the flatness issue. In terms of dirt, I have no good texture on me and no idea where I'd find one that looks good with the current stuff.

By the way, I actually use paint.net for my texture editing, I've found it to be good enough, but it does mean I probably won't understand terminology related to photoshop or other programs :)

Thanks!

I added the textile texture I used for the South Zagorian reskins onto the CDF vest, hopefully that will solve the flatness issue. In terms of dirt, I have no good texture on me and no idea where I'd find one that looks good with the current stuff.

By the way, I actually use paint.net for my texture editing, I've found it to be good enough, but it does mean I probably won't understand terminology related to photoshop or other programs :)

I think that the vest is a different material from the jacket and whatnot, but the fabric layer might be enough to work.

And I agree that it needs to be darker/more desaturated as well. Otherwise you're making good progress.

Wow this forum is standing still,anything big coming?

I would expect what Kaelies said:

Immediately there's not too many plans, probably going to give Desert Marpat a shot, add in US Army in UCP and multicam, add ACOG and CCO scopes, and maybe, maybe, add a Humvee.

Besides seems that he has beeb busy lately, and Real Life it's always first.

Hey everyone,

Haven't done too much last week due to other obligations, hence the somewhat lower amount of responses from me :)

-----

In terms of Squad Leaders being unarmed; I really have no idea what could cause it besides maybe some missmatch between the weapons.pbo version, though I could have maybe forgotten to put the right one in the download. Could you please let me know whether adding the following weapon classname works for you?

kae_m16a4_USMC_SL

this addweapon "kae_m16a4_USMC_SL";  //Put this in init line of a character in the editor

If not, try downloading the SCAR hotfix I made a while back and see if it fixes anything.

I've noticed that, in most of the reload anims, the character's forearm gets oddly deformed towards the end. Just a FYI :)

Yep, should be fixed next update though, now with also a pretty cool turning of the shoulders to actually grab the magazine :)

Immediately there's not too many plans, probably going to give Desert Marpat a shot, add in US Army in UCP and multicam, add ACOG and CCO scopes, and maybe, maybe, add a Humvee.

Indeed, though I must say that there are quite a few plans that don't relate to the US units. In particular, US army, desert marpat, and Humvee might not come with the next update but be after that :)

-----

I hope to have a pretty big, surprising, and possibly controversial, addition to the addon with my next update either this or next weekend, but I'm gonna be all fun and let you guys know more only when I'm closer to being finished. Don't worry though, everything is related to those countries represented within the addon and should increase the fun and/or immersive stuff you can potentially add to missions.

And no, we're not going into the future.

For more concrete examples of cool additions though, please enjoy some of the new WIP scopes that will be added, such as the ACOG, ACOG w/ RDS, CCO, Elcan, a generic sniper/hunting scope, and a generic low-power scope, all for use with the picatinny rail system.

Some USMC take aim with the new sights

AbhUHIc.jpg

-----

Also, I've gotten a video thanks to LAxemann which showcases all of the unique sounds he's made and which I have included in the addon. Please enjoy it!

Edited by Kaelies

Oh shit sorry didn't see that! thanks

Besides seems that he has beeb busy lately, and Real Life it's always first.

---------- Post added at 14:14 ---------- Previous post was at 14:12 ----------

So Kaelies about the Humvee will it have only Woodlands/green camo/paint or desert too?

DAC Unit Config files for this mod have been added to GitHub.

Thanks to TheSystem for sending me the goods!!

https://github.com/SavageCDN/DAC_A3

// Takistani Army regulars (Opfor) (@kae_SZ)
 case 17:
 {
   _Unit_Pool_S = [
	"kae_TK_crewman","kae_TK_pilot","kae_TK_FAL_SL",
	"kae_TK_rifleman","kae_TK_m16_rifleman","kae_TK_FAL_rifleman","kae_TK_FAL_rifleman_Ishapore",
	"kae_TK_rifle_AT","kae_TK_m16_rifle_AT","kae_TK_FAL_rifle_AT","kae_TK_lmg","kae_TK_mg",
	"kae_TK_AT","kae_TK_m16_AT","kae_TK_FAL_AT","kae_TK_medic","kae_TK_FAL_medic_Ishapore",
	"kae_TK_soldier_light","kae_TK_m16_soldier_light","kae_TK_FAL_soldier_light"
];
   _Unit_Pool_V = ["Kae_UAZ_469_TK","Kae_UAZ_469_Open_TK"];
   _Unit_Pool_T = [];
   _Unit_Pool_A = ["Kae_Mi_24p_TK_falanga","Kae_Mi_24p_TK","Kae_Mi_24v_TK","Kae_Mi_24v_TK_falanga"];
 }; //Left out Anti-Air Classes (Can ruin missions with Helicopter insertions if they are scattered over the map uncontrolled: "kae_TK_AA","kae_TK_m16_AA","kae_TK_FAL_AA",
//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Takistani Army Recruits (Opfor) (@kae_SZ)
 case 18:
 {
   _Unit_Pool_S = [
	"kae_TK_crewman","kae_TK_pilot","kae_TK_soldier_light",
	"kae_TK_FAL_rifleman_Ishapore","kae_TK_FAL_rifleman_Ishapore",
	"kae_TK_FAL_medic_Ishapore"
];
   _Unit_Pool_V = [
	"Kae_UAZ_469_TK","Kae_UAZ_469_Open_TK"
];
   _Unit_Pool_T = [];
   _Unit_Pool_A = ["Kae_Mi_24p_TK_falanga","Kae_Mi_24p_TK","Kae_Mi_24v_TK","Kae_Mi_24v_TK_falanga"];
 };
//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Takistani Army Special Forces (Opfor)(@kae_SZ)
 case 19:
 {
   _Unit_Pool_S = [
	"kae_TK_T_crewman","kae_TK_T_pilot","kae_TK_T_SL",
	"kae_TK_T_rifleman","kae_TK_T_rifleman_2","kae_TK_T_mg",
	"kae_TK_T_medic","kae_TK_T_marksman","kae_TK_T_AT"
];
   _Unit_Pool_V = ["Kae_UAZ_469_TK","Kae_UAZ_469_Open_TK"];
   _Unit_Pool_T = [];
 };
// South Zagorian Army Modern (Independent)(@kae_SZ)
 case 20:
 {
   _Unit_Pool_S = [
	"kae_SZ_2013_crewman","kae_SZ_2013_pilot","kae_SZ_2013_SL",
	"kae_SZ_2013_rifleman_chest","kae_SZ_2013_rifleman_gloves","kae_SZ_2013_marksman",
	"kae_SZ_2013_marksman_545","kae_SZ_2013_lmg","kae_SZ_2013_mg","kae_SZ_2013_rifle_l",
	"kae_SZ_2013_rifle_AT","kae_SZ_2013_AT","kae_SZ_2013_rifleman","kae_SZ_2013_medic",
	"kae_SZ_2013_soldier_light"
];
   _Unit_Pool_V = ["Kae_UAZ_469_SZ","Kae_UAZ_469_Open_SZ"];
   _Unit_Pool_T = [];
   _Unit_Pool_A = [
	"Kae_Mi_24p_SZ","Kae_Mi_24p_SZ_aa","Kae_Mi_24v_SZ","Kae_Mi_24v_SZ_aa",
	"Kae_Mi_24v_SZ_bmb","Kae_Mi_24vp_SZ","Kae_Mi_24vp_SZ_aa2","Kae_Mi_24vp_SZ_aa","Kae_Mi_24vp_SZ_at"
];
 }; // Left out Troops : "kae_SZ_2013_general" "kae_SZ_2013_AA", "kae_SZ_2013_officer",
// South Zagorian Army Modern (Plains) (Independent)(@kae_SZ)
 case 21:
 {
   _Unit_Pool_S = [
	"kae_SZ_2013_crewman_P","kae_SZ_2013_pilot_P","kae_SZ_2013_SL_P",
	"kae_SZ_2013_rifleman_chest_P","kae_SZ_2013_rifleman_gloves_P","kae_SZ_2013_marksman_P",
	"kae_SZ_2013_marksman_545_P","kae_SZ_2013_lmg_P","kae_SZ_2013_mg_P",
	"kae_SZ_2013_rifle_l_P","kae_SZ_2013_rifle_AT_P","kae_SZ_2013_AT_P",
	"kae_SZ_2013_rifleman_P","kae_SZ_2013_medic_P","kae_SZ_2013_soldier_light_P"
];
   _Unit_Pool_V = ["Kae_UAZ_469_SZ","Kae_UAZ_469_Open_SZ"];
   _Unit_Pool_T = [];
   _Unit_Pool_A = [
	"Kae_Mi_24v_SZ_bmb","Kae_Mi_24vp_SZ","Kae_Mi_24vp_SZ_aa2","Kae_Mi_24vp_SZ_aa","Kae_Mi_24vp_SZ_at"
];
 }; // Left out Troops : "kae_SZ_2013_general_P" "kae_SZ_2013_AA_P", "kae_SZ_2013_officer_P",
// South Zagorian Army Modern (Desert) (Independent)(@kae_SZ)
 case 22:
 {
   _Unit_Pool_S = [
	"kae_SZ_2013_crewman_D","kae_SZ_2013_Pilot_D","kae_SZ_2013_SL_D",
	"kae_SZ_2013_rifleman_chest_D",
	"kae_SZ_2013_rifleman_gloves_D",
	"kae_SZ_2013_marksman_D",
	"kae_SZ_2013_marksman_545_D",
	"kae_SZ_2013_lmg_D",
	"kae_SZ_2013_mg_D",
	"kae_SZ_2013_rifle_l_D",
	"kae_SZ_2013_rifle_AT_D",
	"kae_SZ_2013_AT_D",
	"kae_SZ_2013_rifleman_D",
	"kae_SZ_2013_medic_D",
	"kae_SZ_2013_soldier_light_D"
];
   _Unit_Pool_V = ["Kae_UAZ_469_SZ_D","Kae_UAZ_469_Open_SZ_D"];
   _Unit_Pool_T = [];
   _Unit_Pool_A = [
];
 }; // Left out Troops : "kae_SZ_2013_general_D" "kae_SZ_2013_AA_D", "kae_SZ_2013_officer_D",
// South Zagorian Army Modern (UN) (Independent)(@kae_SZ)
 case 23:
 {
   _Unit_Pool_S = [
	"kae_SZ_2013_crewman_UN","kae_SZ_2013_Pilot_UN","kae_SZ_2013_SL_UN",
	"kae_SZ_2013_rifleman_chest_UN","kae_SZ_2013_rifleman_gloves_UN",
	"kae_SZ_2013_marksman_UN","kae_SZ_2013_marksman_545_UN",
	"kae_SZ_2013_lmg_UN","kae_SZ_2013_mg_UN",
	"kae_SZ_2013_rifle_l_UN","kae_SZ_2013_rifle_AT_UN",
	"kae_SZ_2013_AT_UN","kae_SZ_2013_rifleman_UN",
	"kae_SZ_2013_medic_UN","kae_SZ_2013_soldier_light_UN"
];
   _Unit_Pool_V = ["Kae_UAZ_469_UN_SZ","Kae_UAZ_469_Open_UN_SZ"];
   _Unit_Pool_T = [];
   _Unit_Pool_A = [
];
 }; // Left out Troops : "kae_SZ_2013_general_UN" "kae_SZ_2013_AA_UN", "kae_SZ_2013_officer_UN",
// South Zagorian Army Modern (UN Desert) (Independent)(@kae_SZ)
 case 24:
 {
   _Unit_Pool_S = [
	"kae_SZ_2013_crewman_UN_D","kae_SZ_2013_Pilot_UN_D","kae_SZ_2013_SL_UN_D",
	"kae_SZ_2013_rifleman_chest_UN_D","kae_SZ_2013_rifleman_gloves_UN_D",
	"kae_SZ_2013_marksman_UN_D","kae_SZ_2013_marksman_545_UN_D",
	"kae_SZ_2013_lmg_UN_D","kae_SZ_2013_mg_UN_D",
	"kae_SZ_2013_rifle_l_UN_D","kae_SZ_2013_rifle_AT_UN_D",
	"kae_SZ_2013_AT_UN_D","kae_SZ_2013_rifleman_UN_D",
	"kae_SZ_2013_medic_UN_D","kae_SZ_2013_soldier_light_UN_D"
];
   _Unit_Pool_V = ["Kae_UAZ_469_UN_SZ_D","Kae_UAZ_469_Open_UN_SZ_D"];
   _Unit_Pool_T = [];
   _Unit_Pool_A = [
];
 }; // Left out Troops : "kae_SZ_2013_general_UN_D" "kae_SZ_2013_AA_UN_D", "kae_SZ_2013_officer_UN_D",
// South Zagorian Army Modern (UN Plains) (Independent)(@kae_SZ)
 case 25:
 {
   _Unit_Pool_S = [
	"kae_SZ_2013_crewman_UN_P","kae_SZ_2013_Pilot_UN_P","kae_SZ_2013_SL_UN_P",
	"kae_SZ_2013_rifleman_chest_UN_P","kae_SZ_2013_rifleman_gloves_UN_P",
	"kae_SZ_2013_marksman_UN_P","kae_SZ_2013_marksman_545_UN_P",
	"kae_SZ_2013_lmg_UN_P","kae_SZ_2013_mg_UN_P",
	"kae_SZ_2013_rifle_l_UN_P","kae_SZ_2013_rifle_AT_UN_P",
	"kae_SZ_2013_AT_UN_P","kae_SZ_2013_rifleman_UN_P",
	"kae_SZ_2013_medic_UN_P","kae_SZ_2013_soldier_light_UN_P"
];
   _Unit_Pool_V = ["Kae_UAZ_469_UN_SZ","Kae_UAZ_469_Open_UN_SZ"];
   _Unit_Pool_T = [];
   _Unit_Pool_A = [
];
 }; // Left out Troops : "kae_SZ_2013_general_UN_P" "kae_SZ_2013_AA_UN_P", "kae_SZ_2013_officer_UN_P",

Speaking of Humvees, I've found that the US Humvees from the HAFM pack go well with the Modern CDF faction. Maybe you could port your own for them.

Speaking of Humvees, I've found that the US Humvees from the HAFM pack go well with the Modern CDF faction. Maybe you could port your own for them.

That would mean already two mods extra. IMO is a bad idea. Reyhard's tanks was, because it delivers a huge amount of vehicles.

That would mean already two mods extra. IMO is a bad idea. Reyhard's tanks was, because it delivers a huge amount of vehicles.

Well, the Humvees are just ported from A2. Kae could probably port some of his own and get the same thing and not need a requirement.

Well, the Humvees are just ported from A2. Kae could probably port some of his own and get the same thing and not need a requirement.

Yup, that would be IMO the perfect solution. I don't like much mod dependencies, because the mod's author can't control the dependencies creating sometimes incompatibilities.

Concerning dependencies, the less the merrier :p

Hey Kae, I'm almost done making a Dark Business gamemode using your mod. I have a Russian scout unit, however, that needs a better ghillie suit than the current A3 ones. Any chances of getting the ghillies ported over from A2?

Hey,

It would indeed be the A2 humvees ported over if I did them, it can still take a while though!

Hey Kae, I'm almost done making a Dark Business gamemode using your mod. I have a Russian scout unit, however, that needs a better ghillie suit than the current A3 ones. Any chances of getting the ghillies ported over from A2?

I'll be doing ghillie suits, snipers, etc, all as part of one single update later on, since I want to take some special care with making the ghillies excellent. Unfortunately you will have to wait a while for them :(

I'm interested in what this Dark Business is though, mind sharing yours once it's done? Especially if it doesn't really rely on any other addons :)

Dark Business is a mission ShackTac uses where an insurgency and some army negiotiate over some hostages, as a PvP game mode. The hostages are also players. At least, I think it's something like that.