kaelies

Kaelies' South Zagorian Army Mod

Update 0.4.1!

MediaFire

Google Drive

The USMC.

qv11wYH.jpg

Figured I had a good enough bit of things that I did this week that it would be worthwhile to update the addon, I think the most noteworthy change is the expansion of the RDS tank compatibility to cover all his vehicles and to also include the westernized CDF.

Changelog:

0.4.1:

-Added new sounds for Ishapore, FN FAL, Scar-H

-Added BMP-1, T-34, T-55, ZSU-23-1 Shilka to RDS compatibility plugin

-Added BMP-2sz variant vehicle to the RDS compatibility plugin, with Ataka Missiles and a better engine

-Added groups to the RDS compatibility plugin, which should make it usable with ALiVE

-Added 2A42, Konkurs launcher, as vehicle weapons with sounds that are in-line with the rest of the addon, now present on the BMPs.

-Added USMC faction, using M16a4, M4, HK416, and other goodies

-Known Bug: USMC use RPG as placeholder, instead of SMAW

-Added Field Medics, Field Doctors

-Added XMedSys compatibility plugin (under optional folder)

-Added ASDG compatibility plugin (under optional folder)

-Added filters to South Zagorian Mi-24 hinds, and CDF Mi-24vp hinds.

-Fixed overpenetration of infantry bullets (Thanks to Reyhard)

-Fixed Isklaristani camo oversaturation

-Fixed: Mi-24p Falanga and Shturm variants have reversed naming

-Fixed: UN Tanks have wrong crew classname

A BMP-1 of the modernized CDF army.

qqNyGDF.jpg

Theres still some older bugs that I haven't fixed yet, but Enjoy anyways :D

Oh yeah! You are the man! Thank you very much for your work & time :)

Playing...

Everything looks awesome! But there is a slight problem with the USMC arms ( they seem to be slightly below the uniform cut ) so you can see that the arms are "empty", which is a bit creepy. Would be possible a hotfix on that?

Another weird point is that the USMC have old weapons compared to the CDF. None of the USMC can have automatic fire ( neither M4 nor M16 ).

All the rest is outstanding! It's really lovely to have a new faction to play with, specially with the awesome weapons port and new sounds :D

Loving the new vehicle camos for the CDF, even the pixelated one :)

What are the plans for that faction if I may ask? Vehicles? Weapons? Uniforms? ( the actual A2 one looks a bit low quality when looked in a close up, nothing too bad though ). If I may suggest the desert MARPAT :)

Edited by MistyRonin

wow, awsome work K !

What does "Added XMedSys compatibility plugin (under optional folder)" mean ?

Sj

Nice work, my man!

Thanks!

wow, awsome work K !

What does "Added XMedSys compatibility plugin (under optional folder)" mean ?

Sj

Thanks! In the download you should have @Kae_SZ/addons, as well as @Kae_SZ/optional and @Kae_SZ/sound_variants. "kae_sz_infantry_xmed.pbo" gives all the soldiers a loadout of bandages and morphine instead of first aid kits, and medics and such get corresponding loadouts as well.

Oh yeah! You are the man! Thank you very much for your work & time :)

Playing...

Everything looks awesome! But there is a slight problem with the USMC arms ( they seem to be slightly below the uniform cut ) so you can see that the arms are "empty", which is a bit creepy. Would be possible a hotfix on that?

Another weird point is that the USMC have old weapons compared to the CDF. None of the USMC can have automatic fire ( neither M4 nor M16 ).

All the rest is outstanding! It's really lovely to have a new faction to play with, specially with the awesome weapons port and new sounds :D

Loving the new vehicle camos for the CDF, even the pixelated one :)

What are the plans for that faction if I may ask? Vehicles? Weapons? Uniforms? ( the actual A2 one looks a bit low quality when looked in a close up, nothing too bad though ). If I may suggest the desert MARPAT :)

Oops, I'll hotfix that ASAP. Uploading the hotfix now :)

In regards to the weapons, afaik USMC and US army use the M4 and M16a4 IRL, at the moment, neither of which has full auto, and it also seems that doctrine calls for no change in that. I might be out-of-date on that information though, so let me know if that's the case.

"That faction": You mean the USMC?

Edited by Kaelies

In regards to the weapons, afaik USMC and US army use the M4 and M16a4 IRL, at the moment, neither of which has full auto, and it also seems that doctrine calls for no change in that. I might be out-of-date on that information though, so let me know if that's the case.

"That faction": You mean the USMC?

Thank you for the really fast hotfix :D

Yeah, the USMC! Sorry with the excitement I haven't specified the faction :)

An easy addition would be the A3 MATV ( the unarmed version, the awful A3 vanilla turrets are the devil! ). And possibly the Lookheed Havoc ( Patria AMV ) which is being tested by the USMC, also from A3.

Again, thank you very much for your time! You have given me my day :)

This mod is indeed what A3 should had been IMO :D

Hotfix is up:

Google Drive

Move the kae_SZ_infantry.pbo and .bisign into the @Kae_SZ/addons folder.

@MistyRonin

Immediately there's not too many plans, probably going to give Desert Marpat a shot, add in US Army in UCP and multicam, add ACOG and CCO scopes, and maybe, maybe, add a Humvee. I might be shying away from some of the more ultramodern things for now at least, but feel free to combine my units with someone's reskin of the A3 units.

Amazing praise there, but hey, without BIS's work there would be no A3 for me to make this addon for :)

Hotfix is up

I'm afraid there is still a bit of missplacement ( here you can see one screenshot I just took, focus on the arms ).

Immediately there's not too many plans, probably going to give Desert Marpat a shot, add in US Army in UCP and multicam, add ACOG and CCO scopes, and maybe, maybe, add a Humvee.

That sounds great, in fact just with today's release it's already outstanding; can't wait for the Desert MARPAT the scopes and some AT :)

Amazing praise there, but hey, without BIS's work there would be no A3 for me to make this addon for :)

Indeed, but thanks to your work, I can now enjoy 100% the game ( while with the vanilla alone 20% as much ) :)

I'm afraid there is still a bit of missplacement ( here you can see one screenshot I just took, focus on the arms ).

Ah, unfortunately I'm on a slow internet again and I won't be able to fix that until my next update, sorry! At least now it isn't glaringly obvious I hope :)

XMED Config... now that IS brilliant and has been one of the things bugging me about spawning units with Alive... this will fix that ... VERY good job Kaelies...

Brilliant

SJ

The USMC is released? :D Desert camo or only Woodlands? :)
Woodland Camo, see one page back.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

So I updated the Mod via Play with Six and the updates in the optional folder aren't their. I checked by downloading the mod from Armaholic and the mod is beautifully perfect it is play with six messing up somehow. :(

Kaelis, since this update, everytime I try to spawn your SCAR or a unit armed with it, my ArmA CTD... it worked alright before and I even tried with optional files, but still the SCAR crashes my game =/

If you have no idea what could be messed in SCAR´s config, I´ll try to post the .rpt after the crash... the rest of the weapons are sweet with ASDG support, but none accepts flashlights nor NV laser =/

cheers!

@Foxhound, Sonsalt6

Thanks again for continually supporting my addon on your websites :)

So I updated the Mod via Play with Six and the updates in the optional folder aren't their. I checked by downloading the mod from Armaholic and the mod is beautifully perfect it is play with six messing up somehow. :(

Hey, I'll check out what's causing it this weekend, assuming PWS doesn't fix it themselves by then.

i installed the mod and it says missing RDS_APC

Hey, that tells me you probably have the RDS compatibility addon enabled while not having RDS tanks enabled, or an old version of RDS tanks installed. Please make sure you either don't have "kae_SZ_vehicles_RDS_compat.pbo" in the addons folder while running the addon or make sure that you have Reyhard's addon enabled and up-to-date.

;2677568']Kaelis' date=' since this update, everytime I try to spawn your SCAR or a unit armed with it, my ArmA CTD... it worked alright before and I even tried with optional files, but still the SCAR crashes my game =/

If you have no idea what could be messed in SCAR´s config, I´ll try to post the .rpt after the crash... the rest of the weapons are sweet with ASDG support, but none accepts flashlights nor NV laser =/

cheers![/quote']

Hey, no clue indeed as to what could be causing the issue with the SCAR, nothing on my end with the default units. Send the .rpt my way if you can, along with any more-specific information you might have (i.e. what model of the SCAR exactly, if not all of them, so on).

About the flashlight/NV laser: Unfortunately there's a limited amount of attachments for weapons which can be put on without causing errors (as seen by the disappearing GP-25 in certain situations). Since I'm using the accessory attachment slot for the bipod, it takes up the slot where the flashlight/laser would be put and therefore I currently have no room in the set to place the flashlight; trying to enable both would probably require a separate flashlight/laser model for each gun so it would be placed appropriately.

The USMC is released? :D Desert camo or only Woodlands? :)

Woodland only for now, I'll probably try making desert at a later time though.

It has really got on my mind why the marksman has like caps instead of helmets, like these http://kpbs.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/img/photos/2012/12/10/SanDiegoMarinesTwins_t590.jpg?2d540bc43edb3e4fe7087542a7e8b1a318aec38a

I'm not an expert on USMC but do they use caps more often than helmets? just wanted to ask and point out...tho i really love the USMC, great work!

It has really got on my mind why the marksman has like caps instead of helmets, like these http://kpbs.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/img/photos/2012/12/10/SanDiegoMarinesTwins_t590.jpg?2d540bc43edb3e4fe7087542a7e8b1a318aec38a

I'm not an expert on USMC but do they use caps more often than helmets? just wanted to ask and point out...tho i really love the USMC, great work!

I honestly have very little knowledge about the specifics of the USMC beyond the general range of equipment and camouflage they use. I'll set it up so their marksman uses a helmet, I've just been going off the same sort of loadout that every other faction in my addon currently has. If anyone else notices any issues I might have of say someone using X gear when they should be using Y instead, and I already have it in the addon, by all means let me know asap since it should be an easy fix :)

I did get a request about adding a pistol holster for the USMC, will check that out as well.

Well snipers and recon tend to use the boonie hat ( I don't know if you ported, but if not you could use the A3 vanilla ones ), they are more comfortable when using big rifles:

us-marines-usmc-military-genuine-issue-woodland-marpat-ega-boonie-hat-mcguire-army-navy-military-surplus.jpg

One example:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a0/MK-11_sniper_rifle_USMC.jpg (5980 kB)

http://www.fallenandwounded.org/Sgt.%20Coullard%20USMC%20Sniper.bmp (1446 kB)

Edited by MistyRonin

Hey, no clue indeed as to what could be causing the issue with the SCAR, nothing on my end with the default units. Send the .rpt my way if you can, along with any more-specific information you might have (i.e. what model of the SCAR exactly, if not all of them, so on).

About the flashlight/NV laser: Unfortunately there's a limited amount of attachments for weapons which can be put on without causing errors (as seen by the disappearing GP-25 in certain situations). Since I'm using the accessory attachment slot for the bipod, it takes up the slot where the flashlight/laser would be put and therefore I currently have no room in the set to place the flashlight; trying to enable both would probably require a separate flashlight/laser model for each gun so it would be placed appropriately.

Kaelis, no matter which unit is holding the weapon, no matter which version of the SCAR, everytime I tryto spawn your SCAR, it CTDs my Arma3.... here´s the rpt log =/

About the NV lasers and flashlights, if you implement ASDG to barrel proxy, you can have bipods, grips, grenade launchers and lights/lasers of any mod compactible with ASDG... ask Robalo how if you´re still a little lost in ASDG features =)

cheers!

Well snipers and recon tend to use the boonie hat ( I don't know if you ported, but if not you could use the A3 vanilla ones ), they are more comfortable when using big rifles:

Thanks for the heads up, I'll try to add a boonie hat. However, isn't that snipers as opposed to designated marksman?

;2677905']Kaelis' date=' no matter which unit is holding the weapon, no matter which version of the SCAR, everytime I tryto spawn your SCAR, it CTDs my Arma3.... here´s the rpt log =/

About the NV lasers and flashlights, if you implement ASDG to barrel proxy, you can have bipods, grips, grenade launchers and lights/lasers of any mod compactible with ASDG... ask Robalo how if you´re still a little lost in ASDG features =)

cheers!

Hey,

Nothing is jumping out immediately as a culprit, but it does look like you have a lot of addons loaded; do you mind trying out my addon with no other mods, and see if that works?

If it does, try to enable all the addons I have listed as supported in the first page, and if that still causes the crash see which two are incompatible, and then if that works, continue until you find out which addon mine is incompatible with (assuming that is the issue)?

----

Ended up with a long discussion of the problems with Flashlights/Side attachments, inside the spoiler:

In terms of front attachments, well, here. The bipod on almost all of my guns attachs to the barrel of the gun, whereas the side attachment would mount to a diffierent point on the weapon; most weapons wouldn't have the exact same spacing between the point where the bipod and side attachment are put on, i.e. m4 and m16, or AK-74 and RPK-74. Therefore, I either have to put the proxy at the side attachment point and adjust on the bipod, and have different bipod classes for different weapons with different lengths, or put it where the bipod is attached and have different side attachment classes; the first isn't acceptable to me because of the incompatibility between bipods on different weapons, whereas the second one will have to be fixed by whoever makes the flashlight/laser, which not only is probably unacceptable to them but is also something I don't want to do for my own guns if I were to put in my own laser/flashlight.

Unless I missunderstand how it works, ASDG won't fix this issue, since what it does it makes it so many mods can all add their scopes to a global class without messing each other up, and alternatively all their side attachments to another global class, then allows the weapon-maker to import that class into their addon so its compatible with everything else. This is just based off what features I've used, what the examples Robalo has are, and my understanding of the underlying mechanics of attachments.

The way to fix this would be if there was an infinite amount of attachments that could be added, but there can only be three added that are represented in the UI and which don't have bugs. There is a fourth one which I use to add the grips on the SCARs and the GP-25 on the AKs but that one is very obviously buggy as soon as you try to pick up a weapon, and I don't believe it allows you to make any changes to the gun except visually; i.e., I have to put in a new weapon variant with the features the attachment gives, then just give that variant the features of the attachment (this is what I do to allow the GP-25 and grips to have their own animations of holding the gun, btw).

Finally, I want to say that my order of priority has scopes, bipods, and muzzle attachments at the very top, the first two because I already use them a huge amount, the last because I'm sure lots of people like silencers and because I have some neat ideas in the future for that spot.

As a way to circumvent all that, if it's something that is really wanted, I can make a flashlight that is attached onto the barrel in the same place as the bipod, the downside being that it might look out-of-place on a NATO rifle and wouldn't work for a few weapons (G3, m249, M240, anything where the bipod doesn't attach to the barrel atm).

Thanks for the heads up, I'll try to add a boonie hat. However, isn't that snipers as opposed to designated marksman?

Technically snipers are like "elite marksman" that tend to act on their own or in special teams; specially related to recon and designating targets (for artillery, or others).

While the designated marksman tends to be a skilled rifleman inside a squad / platoon that can operate precision rifles. Which means that at certain point he changes his rifle for a precision one and takes special duties ( usually also removes the helmet and wear something more comfortable ). That's why you could give them both, although when they act as designated marksman I would see them more with a boonie hat.

For example this video, that although is from a TV series, Generation Kill ( based in the USMC 1st Recon Battalion in Irak ), can give you an idea of how it happens:

BTW the observer ( marksman assistant ) in the video is acting as himself in real life ( he is not an actor, but a former Marine ).