kaelies

Kaelies' South Zagorian Army Mod

Hey Kaelis;

There's few versions of G3. The longest ones (the basic G3A3 and G3A4) doesn't support any attachments, sadly - I had to use the shorter, railed versions.

Also, totally btw, isn't the G3 a bit too thin? And could we get the long version of FN FAL?

About that reload; I've meant the FN FAL (short)'s one. I think it would fit the G3 just as tacticool.

Edited by JonPL

Great update, will have to test this out later when im home from work. :)

Hello Kaelies,

I would like to suggest to apply the Isklaristani camouflaged green/brown/blackish outfit for the Isklaristani desert types aswell; Save for the green obviously being replaced for Khaki/Sand-ish colour or something. That way you'll have a rather unique BDU-type camo for them. Plus it serves as some sort of consistency in the camouflage-department.

As for the Mi-24 Hind and the addition of the exhaust-cover, I'd save them for both Russia and South Zagoria, maintaining that Chernarus is bound to buy western equipment anyways, due to an arms-deal struck with the USA. (effectively ensnaring them in debt, slightly decreasing their war-waging capability due to budget-cuts to fully repay the loan.) They perhaps may get their hands on AH-1 Cobra's, or ultimately perhaps even a downgraded Apache helicopter, which by now in real life, are deemed to slowly become over-aged, if not outdated technique to have. And even a small country like mine (the Netherlands) has AH-64 Apache's! And that whilst the USA currently focusses her attention on (expendable) drones over pilots risking their lives. Or atleast as far as I know anything about it.

So I do assume Cherna eventually could have something like that. As for transport helo's for them Cherna's, I'd say please use M-60 Blackhawks. (I know, basically sort of making them appear with equipment from 1980's/1990's U.S. army, save for some local adaptations perhaps like how the current uniforms, and paintschemes appear to be, but still..)

Speaking of helo's, why the Cherna's don't update their Mi-24's is because these are still in reserve in the Chernarussian army, but that army is slowly transforming to become a heavily westernized military, so Cherna-Hind flies until it dies, or otherwise be captured.

Even whilst these are excellent helicopters on themselves, spare parts are becoming hard for Chernarus to come by, now that they're a U.S. ally. And buying spares from Russia is rather costly for them, where meanwhile SZ is discounted on the Russian arms market.

For the rest I agree with the others here, excellent release yet again!

Good news everyone!

-----[/center]

Final WIP Update for today, I've thrown on exhaust filters onto the Mi-24 hinds. Russia and South Zagoria will have them for sure, Takistan won't, but I'm not sure about the CDF; what do you all think?

Last note to say: I've found another reason why the RPG's 2d sights are necessary; it would be impossible to have the sight adjust in 3d space if there is a scope on the RPG while leaving the sight as an attachment. Again, I'll try to de-pixelate the top corners so it doesn't look so bad :)

I think the CDF should definitely have them, as they are pretty common, and for a country with pro-west ideals I would expect they would of definitely of placed those of their helicopters as they increase the survivability of the helicopter a lot by reducing it's heat signature.

Also for the Digital pattern, I would suggest maybe making it smaller, or at least on the UAZ, so that there is say one clearly defined "spot" of pixels to help break up the green, as some sides look nearly completely green with only part of a pixel on that location

Edited by Kaxii

Hello Kaelies' date='

I would like to suggest to apply the Isklaristani camouflaged green/brown/blackish outfit for the Isklaristani desert types aswell; Save for the green obviously being replaced for Khaki/Sand-ish colour or something. That way you'll have a rather unique BDU-type camo for them. Plus it serves as some sort of consistency in the camouflage-department.

As for the Mi-24 Hind and the addition of the exhaust-cover, I'd save them for both Russia and South Zagoria, maintaining that Chernarus is bound to buy western equipment anyways, due to an arms-deal struck with the USA. (effectively ensnaring them in debt, slightly decreasing their war-waging capability due to budget-cuts to fully repay the loan.) They perhaps may get their hands on AH-1 Cobra's, or ultimately perhaps even a downgraded Apache helicopter, which by now in real life, are deemed to slowly become over-aged, if not outdated technique to have. And even a small country like mine (the Netherlands) has AH-64 Apache's! And that whilst the USA currently focusses her attention on (expendable) drones over pilots risking their lives. Or atleast as far as I know anything about it.

So I do assume Cherna eventually could have something like that. As for transport helo's for them Cherna's, I'd say please use M-60 Blackhawks. (I know, basically sort of making them appear with equipment from 1980's/1990's U.S. army, save for some local adaptations perhaps like how the current uniforms, and paintschemes appear to be, but still..)

Speaking of helo's, why the Cherna's don't update their Mi-24's is because these are still in reserve in the Chernarussian army, but that army is slowly transforming to become a heavily westernized military, so Cherna-Hind flies until it dies, or otherwise be captured.

Even whilst these are excellent helicopters on themselves, spare parts are becoming hard for Chernarus to come by, now that they're a U.S. ally. And buying spares from Russia is rather costly for them, where meanwhile SZ is discounted on the Russian arms market.

For the rest I agree with the others here, excellent release yet again![/quote']

I disagree. The khaki uniforms (similar to the TK ones) are great, I think there should be a forest camo version of them instead of the current forest uniform, personally

Edited by FistoGames

Hey Kaelis;

There's few versions of G3. The longest ones (the basic G3A3 and G3A4) doesn't support any attachments, sadly - I had to use the shorter, railed versions.

Also, totally btw, isn't the G3 a bit too thin? And could we get the long version of FN FAL?

About that reload; I've meant the FN FAL (short)'s one. I think it would fit the G3 just as tacticool.

Hey, I just checked out all the versions of the G3, HK33, and FAL that I have and all seem to be able to mount optics just fine, tried with vanilla MRCO (optic_mrco). Check out the Isklaristani Squad Leaders, each will have an optic on his G3a3. Assuming I didn't mess anything up, only the XM8 and the Ishapore will be unable to mount any optical attachments.

It might be an issue that I have where some weapons don't show their optics in VAS properly, I'm not sure how to fix it but I assume it's because of some weirdness I did with the attachments so that foregrips and grenade launchers could be used.

I wouldn't know about the G3's thinness, I haven't seen the version with the specific handguard I'm using IRL. What part in particular looks too thin? And about the FN FAL, you mean the version with a nonfolding buttstock, or just a longer version? I can do the second one by next update, the proper buttstock will take longer.

Hello Kaelies' date='

For the rest I agree with the others here, excellent release yet again![/quote']

I don't know, I kinda like the Khaki uniform being Isklaristani, it sorta reminds me of British troops in Africa and Isklaristan seems closer to than than Takistan does. Maybe a desert, camouflage Isklaristani uniform would be good, but I'd probably prefer to use one of the Iranian desert camouflages as opposed to a retexture of the current one.

Well, more helicopters are probably a ways off, more due to them taking too long to implement, than to no country using them; Chernarus would certainly use things like the UH-60 Knighthawk, Cobra, Mi-17. Russia would probably also get the Mi-8 and Ka-52, while South Zagoria would grab the UH-1H huey for transport-specific roles and keep the hind as a transport for other purposes and just upgrade the Hind for its gunship. Takistan would probably stick with the Mi-17 and UH-1H in terms of helicopters. Isklaristan sounds like the kind to use the Huey, Cobra, Chinook, maybe the Mi-17.

I think the CDF should definitely have them, as they are pretty common, and for a country with pro-west ideals I would expect they would of definitely of placed those of their helicopters as they increase the survivability of the helicopter a lot by reducing it's heat signature.

Also for the Digital pattern, I would suggest maybe making it smaller, or at least on the UAZ, so that there is say one clearly defined "spot" of pixels to help break up the green, as some sides look nearly completely green with only part of a pixel on that location

I'll try to move the camo around so more of the pixels hit areas where you can see them. How's it look?

3HdfNLN.jpg

In regards to the Filters: I'm thinking maybe the VP would have them as its the most modern hind in CDF inventory, while the others lack them due to costs or something. Furthermore, I'm thinking maybe the non-VP variants of the hind will have been sold off or captured from the modernized CDF inventory, in favour of more western helicopters.

;2673129']Nice to see you´ve got along with ASDG jointrail... we users thank your effort for making our lives so easy now ;)

BTW' date=' I haven´t found ammobox for the Isklaristani troops (I´ve found the troops [i']per se[/i] but no ammobox) could you include this on your to do list, pleeeeease? ;)

keep up the great work!

You might have noticed I'm lagging further and further on making proper ammobox changes, I'll try to get that sorted out soon ;)

SVD 5.45 from South Zagoria Modern penetrates about 50mm RHA. Is this done on purpose? It's like pocket PTRD right now :D

I don't know, I kinda like the Khaki uniform being Isklaristani, it sorta reminds me of British troops in Africa and Isklaristan seems closer to than than Takistan does. Maybe a desert, camouflage Isklaristani uniform would be good, but I'd probably prefer to use one of the Iranian desert camouflages as opposed to a retexture of the current one.

I'll try to move the camo around so more of the pixels hit areas where you can see them. How's it look?

IMO the Isklaristan khaki uniform is one of the bests of the mod, you should keep it, but an additional uniform with desert camo would hurt no one if you fancy.

About the UAZ digital uniform, I'm not a fan of pixelated ones, but this one you made up seems to work really good ( I prefer the second version with little squares ).

You are doing an amazing job! Keep it up! :)

IMO the Isklaristan khaki uniform is one of the bests of the mod, you should keep it, but an additional uniform with desert camo would hurt no one if you fancy.

About the UAZ digital uniform, I'm not a fan of pixelated ones, but this one you made up seems to work really good ( I prefer the second version with little squares ).

You are doing an amazing job! Keep it up! :)

Definitely agree on both issues, I don't like pixelated camo on vehicles (ie the AAF and CSAT's camos) but this one seems to work well. Would be cooler if it looked like it was stenciled and spray painted on :)

---------- Post added at 16:10 ---------- Previous post was at 16:06 ----------

One quick addition I'd really like is to have a "light" soldier variant, similar to the "militia" in Arma 2 CDF. These guys would be pretty basic, with just a plain patrol cap without an earpiece, no radio, 3-4 mags and an AKM. I would really like some variants of the headgear without earpieces, it would make my day :) :) :)

---------- Post added at 16:12 ---------- Previous post was at 16:10 ----------

Definitely agree on both issues, I don't like pixelated camo on vehicles (ie the AAF and CSAT's camos) but this one seems to work well. Would be cooler if it looked like it was stenciled and spray painted on :)

---------- Post added at 16:10 ---------- Previous post was at 16:06 ----------

One quick addition I'd really like is to have a "light" soldier variant, similar to the "militia" in Arma 2 CDF. These guys would be pretty basic, with just a plain patrol cap without an earpiece, no radio, 3-4 mags and an AKM. I would really like some variants of the headgear without earpieces, it would make my day :) :) :)

The "light" guys would have no vest or backpack either. Just a plain uniform. All sides could have one, just as a very basic unit for smaller patrol scenarios.

SVD 5.45 from South Zagoria Modern penetrates about 50mm RHA. Is this done on purpose? It's like pocket PTRD right now :D

Pocket PTRD lol :D

What should I use as the relation between mm RHA and mm Steel plate to fix this?

---

@Fisto

I did want to make slightly different uniforms as well for the Militia, otherwise seems good. Would need to have at least a light combat belt though, to store the mags in :)

I don't know if this is your thing but maybe you guys could like make U.S Marines with variant guns like HK-416,M4 and M-16, Maybe SCAR? would be cool, but might just not be your thing :)

As formula for penetration looks like that

caliber = penetration{mm} /(( bulletPenetrability * velocity{m/s}) / 1000)

bulletPenetrability of RHA is something about 15 (meat has 100) so I gues metal plate will be something about 20 or so?

Anyway, assume that steel plate == RHA

Anyway, I'm using following macro for defining RHA penetration values

#define RHA(mm,speed) caliber=(mm/((15*speed)/1000));

mm - how much mm of RHA bullet can penetrate

speed - typical speed

example usage in cfgAmmo

class RDS_Sh_3BM12: RDS_Sh_3BM44M //introduced in 1968
{
               //3bm12 shell penetrates 280mm @ 0 angle with typical speed of 1800 
               //result is 10.37
	RHA(280,1800)
};

I don't know what formula do you use but I cannot find any logic in your caliber values?

@Reyhard

The current one had some base off something which I don't remember and then increased for bullets which were supposedly greater in penetration; Thank you very much for your macro, I'll give them a try and test off something.

Should I be using the same for the RPG-7? My current logic for those is leaving the caliber the same and setting hit = MM RHA penetration, at least for the AT variants.

@Teipgas55

It's one of those many things which are "in progress" for me :)

I guess I could make a sorta "simple HK416" which just uses the iron sight off the G3a3, probably won't have the pretty fire selector markings or it's unique stock though.

Rockets have very strange behaviour with caliber value. For example, if you set up penetration on 230mm an target has armour thicker that than that, the rocket will pass by target without explosion just like regular tank shell. So unless you decide to use scripts leave rockets that way.

Olds is the expert on AT weapons and Penetration I would think....

Check out his "Real Armour Mod"

SJ

Sorry, not trying to be overly demanding, but I really do think it would be helpful to have both a standard and an alternate version of the download for this mod. By that I mean to have the language addon pre-installed on the alternate download and the standard just normal. Improved vehicles did this with their vehicle/weapon renaming. This way you'll also be able to get both up on PlayWithSix. That would be wonderful :)

A little sneak peek at the new sounds I'm making :)

A little sneak peek at the new sounds I'm making :)

Holy mother of...... OMG YOU ARE AWESOME!!! Literally the best sounding Arma gun I've ever heard. EVER. I solute you. As should every Arma gamer out there. Thank you for making Earth a better place to live. My life is complete now.

Edited by FistoGames

Holy mother of...... OMG YOU ARE AWESOME!!! Literally the best sounding Arma gun I've ever heard. EVER. I solute you. As should every Arma gamer out there. Thank you for making Earth a better place to live. My life is complete now.

Haha, thanks for the flowers, mate.

About the missile penetrations:

Alright, between what Reyhard said and the way that the real armour mod links to this bug report, it seems that keeping them the way they currently are is the best approach.

@Fisto

Unfortunately it would be too much for me to upload the mod twice like that, and since the language addon is something that doesn't get updated as much it saves me a lot of time to not have to upload it every time I update everything else, so uploading both versions would be a bit too much for me.

I sent a request to upload it as a separate download in SiX, however. Hopefully that is also ok for you?

@Laxemann

Awesome work, can't wait to be able to release the next version with the FAL sound!

Looks brilliant i really like CDF Modern because they use variant weapons ^_^ love this mod, just to give you some feedback :)

Yup, didn't think that you'd expand the mod this far, Kaelies, to be honest. I'm really impressed! :D

For the rest: New Enfield and SCAR sounds just left the factory :P