kaelies

Kaelies' South Zagorian Army Mod

@Bruhmis: we got the same Problem. solution: everyone you play with needs the SZ mod or you will stumble into the described sound Problems. or you have to de-activate the SZ mod if you play with somebody who hasn´t this mod.

sounds crazy but we encountered the problem n our own server. it was more obvious after one of my team mates got the mod and i could hear his sounds but not the sounds from the guys who did not have the mod.

that's very strange, because for me it makes zero difference whether someone has the mod or not.

Update 0.4.0!

MediaFire

Google Drive

The various tank camouflages added.

1696mkA.png

Changelog:

0.4.0:

-Added new sounds for most new guns

-Added new reloading animation for AK rifles

-Added HK MP5, HK33, HK53, G3, and so forth

-Added prototype AK-174sz, RPK-174sz

-Added AK-74szK series intermediate-length weapons

-Moved bipods to be attachments for future TMR compatibility

-Added optional config to allow RDS tanks to be used. Currently only T-72A/B/BM and BMP-2 are supported

-Added Takistani Elite troops

-Added Isklaristani troops

-Some slight adjustments to gear of SZ forces

-Added Field Medic and Field Doctor (WIP) to SZ

-Added PGO-7 placeholder scope for RPG-7

-Reworked RPG-7 ballistics to be better

-Added zeroing to RPG-7 iron sight

-Reworked textures on older SZ forces, including UN

-Added Elite Rifleman class for certain factions

-Added Shturm variants of the Takistani Hinds

-Mi-24p now has ammo split into 3 magazines, with a default load of 2 HEI and 1 APDS

-Mi-24p has greater spread with GSh30K

-Mi-24vp now has 470 rounds instead of 450

-UAZ-469 now has improved handling (No more ice-skating)

-UAZ-469 has an improved gearset which should allow for faster acceleration

-UAZ-469 will no longer explode from hull-damage

-Fixed: Mi-24 missiles should not have lock-on. It has been removed

-Fixed: UAZs should now properly spawn when using ALiVE

-RU faction now has their proper UAZ

-CDF now has retextured UAZ in a new camouflage

-Known Bug: Mi-24p Falanga and Shturm variants have reversed naming

-Known Bug: Mi-24 for CDF still has RU camo, no Mi-24 for RU forces

-Known Bug: UN Tanks have wrong crew classname, you'll have to place it as empty

-Known Bug: Animation weirdness on new AK reload in third-person

-Known Bug: UAZ-469 engine and fuel tank aren't damageable, overly difficult to penetrate hull

An Isklaristani soldier surveying the land in Zargabad.

iVixiXu.png

Isklaristani troops training in the desert.

45yVHwi.png

Enjoy :D

I'll update the front page and classnames and whatnot later, too much of a hurry to do that now. Also, I missed doing a few things I wanted to, especially several requests, so I'm very sorry about that...

Edit 1: Forgot a few things in the changelog

Edited by Kaelies

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hey Kaelis, nice to see further update on your units! Just loved the Mp5 and "big brotherss" (Hk53 and G3) with rotating iron sights... just wanted to ask for ASDG joint rails suport for them and the western weapons (M4, SCAr etc) cus FHQ and RH scopes would be a great addition to them...

If the Mi-24 missiles doesn´t have lock-on how should we guide them? With LOS like the BMP AT missile or is there a laser designator sistem now? (couldn´t find in action menu)

cheers!

@Foxhound and Sonsalt6

Thanks!

;2672328']Hey Kaelis' date=' nice to see further update on your units! Just loved the Mp5 and "big brotherss" (Hk53 and G3) with rotating iron sights... just wanted to ask for ASDG joint rails suport for them and the western weapons (M4, SCAr etc) cus FHQ and RH scopes would be a great addition to them...

If the Mi-24 missiles doesn´t have lock-on how should we guide them? With LOS like the BMP AT missile or is there a laser designator sistem now? (couldn´t find in action menu)

cheers![/quote']

Mi-24 missiles are SACLOS like the konkurs and metis rounds or the TOW, i.e. like on the BMP or like it was in ArmA 2 ACE. There is a little bit of offset from the impact and aiming point if the missile is fired too far off center from the direction the Mi-24 is facing, so you'll need to compensate for that or stick to targets in front of the helicopter.

As far as I'm aware, and I could be completely wrong, since I have my western guns inherit off something other than the base BIS classes, I can't get them to automatically use the same set of attachments; I'll look into it in case theres some simple solution that I missed. However, I'd be happy to do compatibility for any scopes you might want to suggest, I guess starting with FHQ and RH. Could you give me a link to the RH accesories pack, as I wasn't aware that he had one?

Morning Kaelies... Great work..

Could you expand on the RDS tanks thing.

Does your config now "include" the RDS Tanks config that Reyhard created as a seperate mod i.e. @rds_tank_sz ?

Will there be a conflict to run both... my missions have Shilka Bmp 1 etc.. ?

Thanks

SJ

Hey Serjames,

The compat config I have is basically trying to do the same thing as the one Reyhard made but it goes about it differently, including custom camouflages that I made. The classnames are completely different so its like two completely different mods, no conflict except having too many variants show up in the editor :p

You'd need to keep Reyhard's compatibility one to keep using missions made with his tanks, especially considering I've only covered the BMP-2 and T-72 with my own (Didn't have time for the others)

Hope that helps,

Kae

Hi.

Im having problems to spawn a Kae_SZ military or civilian military placement with armored units. Alive only spawn patrols with UAZ. I would like to spawn tanks, T72 or BMP1 mechanized patrols. I think it is important to make total dinamic war. Version 0.4.0.

Thanks and good job.

Hey Kaelis!

Nice update! I specially love the new sounds and weapons, and also the new animations. Thank you! :)

I've detected a couple of bugs though: the RPG 7 default scope is a full black low detailed pixelated sight ( here is a screen I took ) and in the Mi24 the Falanga missiles can still be seen after the aircraft has used them.

And as a matter of personal opinion the Isklaristan woodland camo looks weird, the predominant light green color is too "atomic/radioactive". On the other hand the Elite Takistani look awesome.

Also the new CDF UAZ camo looks pretty weird. I think something like this image would look better:

projectCDF_06.jpg

Edited by MistyRonin

@ESUSSanchez

Ah whoops, I forgot to do the stuff neccessary to make that work properly on my end. In the meantime, are you able to get UAZs to spawn properly? If so then I know what to do by next time.

@MistyRonin:

Thanks!

In regards to the Falangas still being seen, that's a known bug and basically the reason I made shturm versions for the Taki's. It's on my life of things to fix.

The default RPG sight is indeed supposed to be like that, in a similar way to how I have the GP-25 working; basically I have difficulty aligning the sight if I rotate the thing in 3d space, so switching to an OFP-style 2d sight makes things easier and less problematic; I can look into smoothing out the edges on the top, though.

Hopefully that isn't much of a problem? I'll probably be doing the other grenade launchers and rocket launchers in the same way for the same reasons.

The Isklaristani woodland camouflage is meant to be based off the IRIA woodland camo of Iran, though it seems it was made for lands more saturated than Arma's. I'll tone it down for next time, but maybe the desert version can be of use?

Finally, regarding the CDF vehicle camo: I should've done something more like the CDF armour camo I made, I guess that was something else I forgot to set up. Can't do the one you showed me since if you take a look, that camo has been taken by South Zagoria :p

The default RPG sight is indeed supposed to be like that, in a similar way to how I have the GP-25 working; basically I have difficulty aligning the sight if I rotate the thing in 3d space, so switching to an OFP-style 2d sight makes things easier and less problematic; I can look into smoothing out the edges on the top, though.

Ah ok! It's just looks a bit out of "league". Could you do so the optic appears as the default instead of the iron sights? :)

Can't wait for more AT weapons ( a Carl Gustav could be fancy for the modern CDF )!

The Isklaristani woodland camouflage is meant to be based off the IRIA woodland camo of Iran, though it seems it was made for lands more saturated than Arma's. I'll tone it down for next time, but maybe the desert version can be of use?

Indeed, the desert version is one of my favorites of the whole pack ( besides the weapons are outstanding ).

I think that the problem is the new Arma3 lighting system, that makes some textures look too "atomic" compared for example with the IRIA from the link you shared; it had happen with other mods too. If you desaturate just that green I'm sure its gonna be perfect ( in fact I love the idea to have a woodland like camo in A3 ).

Finally, regarding the CDF vehicle camo: I should've done something more like the CDF armour camo I made, I guess that was something else I forgot to set up. Can't do the one you showed me since if you take a look, that camo has been taken by South Zagoria :p

I can't seem to be able to see the camo you applied for the mod to the armor ( to me it still shows RDS default ). But if I may suggest something, the plain olive green could look awesome for all CDF vehicles:

1965-uaz-1.jpg

On the other hand, the dirty white that is now for the CDF could look really cool for the Isklaristani.

Again, you did an awesome job here! I enjoy the mod like a little kid.

Hey Kaelis, great work :) You don't cease to amaze.

Yet, is there any chance G3 would get sexy FAL reload animations? And could we get long gun versions (and short FAL as well) with rails, too?

As far as I'm aware, and I could be completely wrong, since I have my western guns inherit off something other than the base BIS classes, I can't get them to automatically use the same set of attachments; I'll look into it in case theres some simple solution that I missed. However, I'd be happy to do compatibility for any scopes you might want to suggest, I guess starting with FHQ and RH. Could you give me a link to the RH accesories pack, as I wasn't aware that he had one?

I personally think it is easier if you use ASDG -> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?167522-ASDG-Joint-Rails&highlight=ASDG+joint+rail May need a lil more config work but it would cause less issues on the long road (like disabling sniper scopes, conflicts with other addons with custom scopes etc...)

RH didn´t release his accessories pack yet (thou he´s working on it and we may see it in the following months), I was refering to M4 pack accessories but if you manage to add at least FHQ´s it would be super!!!!

Speaking of conflicts: I can spawn through MCCC gearbox the SCAR grip and GP-25 attachments but they doesn´t attach to any version of your SCAR nor russian rifles - respectivelly.

I would love to see a railed FAL version too (to attach the forementioned scopes lol)

cheers!

I could suggest maybe some sort of pixelated camo for CDF vehicles, seems all the craze ATM for small eastern European nations

: DSC_2324.jpg

@MistyRonin

Make sure you have the kae_sz_vehicles_rds_compat.pbo enabled, and note that the vehicles made compatible are completely new so as not to mess up any of the RDS stuff. The CDF camo is in the top-left corner of the six-screenshot collage I have for the update post, for reference; its like OD green, but more of a yellow tone to match their camo.

I'm afraid the order of sights is too much of a preference thing to adjust it, I prefer iron sight first so there isn't a zoom when you first sight in (more natural to me).

@JonPL

What do you mean by railed versions? If you mean purely a top rail, try putting an A3 scope on and it should automatically add the rail, for all G3/FAL/m16 type rifles.

If you mean a railed handguard, please send a screenshot of what you mean and ill consider how difficult it would be to add. However, handguard (side) rails would be useless as my weapons can't support those types of attachments (for a few various reasons).

By FAL reload, you mean the AK style ones? If so sure, though both FAL and G3 will get custom anims at some point.

@Corporal_Lib[bR]

See above about the railed guns :)

Both the GP-25 and grip "attachments" are internal items used to actually display the item without having an obscene amount of different models. Neither should actually be usable by the user, but I don't quite know how to prevent it without making them unusable.

I'll give ADSG a shot tonight.

@Kaxii

Looks easy enoug, I'll give it a shot as maybe the vehicle camo of the modernized CDF forces.

Make sure you have the kae_sz_vehicles_rds_compat.pbo enabled, and note that the vehicles made compatible are completely new so as not to mess up any of the RDS stuff. The CDF camo is in the top-left corner of the six-screenshot collage I have for the update post, for reference; its like OD green, but more of a yellow tone to match their camo.

I can see them know, I had the files messed up. I really like it, would be nice for the UAZ too.

About the pixelated, IMO it wouldn't fit much, and all the eastern nations that I know use plain ( olive or yellowish ) or woodland striped: Albania, Romania, Hungry, Moldova, Ukraine, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Czech Rep., Poland, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Belarus, etc.

But you are the boss, you decide! :)

Edited by MistyRonin

Looks like that digital camo is some Ukrainian one, considering the western impression that digital camos give I think it would be a good match for the modern/western CDF troops. It would also allow me to use woodland on US units without fear of confusion :)

Still got to test it out ingame and see how it looks though.

The rest of the CDF will continue with the current camo.

What happened to the ironsight on the RPG-7, it uses some overlay now instead of the real ironsights on it? Why is this?

What happened to the ironsight on the RPG-7, it uses some overlay now instead of the real ironsights on it? Why is this?

From the previous page:

Hopefully that isn't much of a problem? I'll probably be doing the other grenade launchers and rocket launchers in the same way for the same reasons.

Good news everyone!

wobEBJS.jpg

I've found out I was being silly about the ASDG rails compatibility, and there is now a separate .pbo which offers compatibility for the NATO weapons to use them. Have a nice picture of an Isklaristani using one of FHQ's Acog scopes.

rWbqOiT.jpg

Speaking of Isklaristan, here's a picture of their camo after some adjustment to make it less "atomic" :D (Nuka-cola is no longer offered at military vending machines)

-----

I've also done retextures of all the UAZs to properly match the new camos used for armour on each faction, and also added the digital camo for the modernized CDF forces; the modernized CDF forces will have everything the normal CDF do in a different camo in addition to any western vehicles added in the future.

Here's a sample of the new digital Camouflage, I've had issues downloading RDS onto my laptop so I won't be able to show them off on the tanks, but hopefully the UAZ doesn't do too bad of a job showcasing it (I guess the pixels are a bit hard to see on the UAZ in particular):

Left Side

EeaddNZ.jpg

Right Side

0bLcR7d.jpg

-----

Final WIP Update for today, I've thrown on exhaust filters onto the Mi-24 hinds. Russia and South Zagoria will have them for sure, Takistan won't, but I'm not sure about the CDF; what do you all think?

hEpgB2i.png

-----

Last note to say: I've found another reason why the RPG's 2d sights are necessary; it would be impossible to have the sight adjust in 3d space if there is a scope on the RPG while leaving the sight as an attachment. Again, I'll try to de-pixelate the top corners so it doesn't look so bad :)

VERY nice work on this mod ! Good work ! :yay:

Speaking of Isklaristan, here's a picture of their camo after some adjustment to make it less "atomic" :D (Nuka-cola is no longer offered at military vending machines)

Just wait until the Great War and you'll see how Nuka-Cola increase its value. :D

The camo now looks awesome and the rest... well what can I say without sounding gay... I just love it all, oustanding green camo for the CDF :bounce3:

Just to be a bit of a bugger, but I really think that the Mi8-Mi17 would be a great addition to your mod. As can load huge amount of troops or cargo and deploy them. No wonder that is the military helo most used in the world. I even tried to port it myself but without much success :(

Nice to see you´ve got along with ASDG jointrail... we users thank your effort for making our lives so easy now ;)

BTW, I haven´t found ammobox for the Isklaristani troops (I´ve found the troops per se but no ammobox) could you include this on your to do list, pleeeeease? ;)

keep up the great work!