kaelies

Kaelies' South Zagorian Army Mod

I'll do an XM8 version of the CDF soldier, maybe one of the US as well. I already have two types of XM8 in the addon (check classlists), one of which is used by Stevens (CDF Story). Each one has a 1x and 3x variable-zoom scope and the two should fit most roles possible. Let me know what other variants you'd like to see though!

Oh sorry did not realize that :P Nice work. maybe the lmg variant with the beta mags, or what ever they are called. and maybe the DMR and EGLM variant if there was one in arma 2

They really should be, except the UAZs. Please, give it a try and let me know how it goes, I feel like you're asking me because you're trying and it isn't working. I really have no clue whats wrong with the config for the UAZs in terms of getting them spawned, so I need someone's help with that...

No no it works... well in fact. The UAZ's are unmanned for some reason ?

All we need is some armour in there, and then I could ditch the CSAT all together....

Dream Wish list would be...

BRDM

BTR-40

BTR-50

BTR-152

BTR-60

BTR-70

T-34-85

T-54/5

T72

ZSU-23

BMP1

BMP2

Drooling....

If we could get just some of those....

Just gotta have dat t-34.

---------- Post added at 19:22 ---------- Previous post was at 19:21 ----------

And the Ural could be a nice addition, too.

Edited by FistoGames

Kaelies, are you willing to do fully camouflaged Taki DPM-esque units? (clad with the same camo as what is found on the Officer's cap?) Those could serve as highly skilled elite troops, resembling Paratroopers, Marines, or Commando's all in one. I myself liken to view the regularly all-green clad Takistani guys as conscripts, who have lesser able vehicles and guns at their disposal, like at best the BTR-60, and T-55, whereas the T-72 and BMP-2 is saved up for those elite camouflaged units, because not only are those latter two more expensive to get, but also because those elite units serve as some form of last-defence quelling unrest and uprising amongst disgruntled Takistani regulars who've been forced to serve their nation through conscription..

Why? Because I deem Takistan a sectarian country, every village acts on it's own, with it's sons fighting for and over her rights for power in their own province, or region if you will, aswell as them bigger towns and cities steamrolling over the smallest of villages, hence the Army's need to interfere on villagers and citizens alike their behalf, fighting of them "bandits/terrorists" who're based in the bigger cities and villages aswell.. And every Takistani is bound to their own village or city with great respect paid to the village-elder or city-councils; Trying to save them from harm, and fall from power if they can.. Hence much desertion going on, thus the need for elite units to hunt those deserters down, and be put back in service if they survive the penal-battalions.. (basically unarmed gearless/weaponless soldiers running up front through minefields, and into withering enemy fire, ordered to do so, to give regulars a chance to reach enemy lines unscathed.) before they'll be returned into regular service again.

And if possible, can there be a return of the Takistani Special Forces/Commando's (those green clad/camouflaged green turban wearing guys)?

Speaking of units, regarding the Takistani Army, I'd like to say, give the regulars (fully green clad helmeted guys) BTR-60's for armored transport, and BTR-40's to the cap-wearing Ishapora-2a gun toting backwater militia's; Whilst saving up the BMP-2's for the elite fully camouflaged Takistani units.. And same can be said for tanks, the regulars having T-55's, and the elite units the T-72, whereas the Militia's have T-34/85 at best for local support if need for reinforcement or combat arises.

Takistan may be sitting on oil, and Cobalt, but their Army is so large, and consists mainly of draftees and/or conscripts or whatever you call those that dissent and desertion is rife, and thus the situation calls for specialized hunter-units, and government protecting bodyguard-like Guard-units to be deployed to be used to put everyone else back in line again.. And according to my personal opinion Takistan is bordering on being a "third world" power, even whilst being rather dominant within the 'Green Sea' region. Their power mainly lies within the use of overwhelming numbers against their enemies. Cheaply manufactored vehicles, which are as easily replacable and equally expendable according to Takistani style Soviet-esque doctrine of concentrated mass-attacks.

I myself like to use the initialization-code of removing all gear and all weaponry on some poor Taki blokes being the first wave in the attack, who according to my story serve as living human shields, to be vainly massacred for the greater good of the armed Taki regulars, who're faithfully serving their nation through conscription unlike those unarmed helpless deserters who were caught, and put in the penal battalions.. *har har! cannon fodder at best* Anyways, I digress..

However to conclude for now, due to the powers backing both Chernarus and South Zagoria both latter nations can have BMP-2's for their regular armed forces, same whilst speaking of appropriately fitting tanks, and perhaps airplanes aswell? Anyways, keep it up eh.. And I hope I don't sound rude or anything.. As always , in the end it's your call on how, and what you wish to do with your modification. But nevertheless I do hope these suggestions raised in this topic may lead you to some interesting ideas perhaps being implemented over time. :) But ofcourse, good luck with it all. And as always, please do take your time.

And I hope you can forgive my excitement.. I tend to ramble when I am like such. But it's just that I do like where it's going, getting heaps of ideas, and end up willing to share 'em with ya all. Ofcourse, I know this ain't no request thread, but I love to coin up suggestions that may lead up to its potential use perhaps even being implementated on the long term.. But apologies in advance, for if you deem it to be needlessly cluttering up your thread. Anyways, good job so far!

Edited by Thani '82

What about an upgrade to a T-90? Frankly, I can't imagine the T-72 surviving in a world with small island nations having Leopard 2s. Likewise, T-72s should become a toy of a well funded militia I would imagine. BTR-40's would be a conscript's sort of MRAP, not like South Zagoria or CDF would use it. I think they would use BRDM-2s and M1114 humvees, respectively.

I always thought the "Rifleman (Light)" was a conscript, and normal riflemen came on their own accord. It is weird that Takistan doesn't have a camo pattern though, even North Korea has plastic leaves taped onto the uniforms.

Of course, none of this applies if you assume Takistan turned into a Japan or similarly US-occupied-then-let-loose-(mostly) country where they get US equipment and funding in turn for being a democracy.

What about an upgrade to a T-90? Frankly, I can't imagine the T-72 surviving in a world with small island nations having Leopard 2s. Likewise, T-72s should become a toy of a well funded militia I would imagine. BTR-40's would be a conscript's sort of MRAP, not like South Zagoria or CDF would use it. I think they would use BRDM-2s and M1114 humvees, respectively.

I always thought the "Rifleman (Light)" was a conscript, and normal riflemen came on their own accord. It is weird that Takistan doesn't have a camo pattern though, even North Korea has plastic leaves taped onto the uniforms.

Uhm, but is this mod based in 2035? if not it doesn't make sense the AAF Leopard stuff. As far as I know, it doesn't even involve Altis. Although an AAF faction contemporary to the others would be awesome ( could use some equip from the 2035 AAF, but maybe with HUMMVE instead of Fenneks, and without Titan missiles, AK like Malta's army, RPG and Strela?

About the camo, you have armies that are top tier like Israel with plain uniforms or the Kurdish PKK. To me its cool to have one army like that.

What would be nice is some takistan insurgents in OPFOR, to serve as village militias that support Takistan's Army.

BTW I would not say that Japan's self defense forces have much american equipment.

Edited by MistyRonin

Afaik, this mod isn't based on 2035 timeline; It's set around 2014..

But don't forget, not every nation has access to the latest technology, many 2nd/3rd world Asian/South-American/African nations currently still have T-55's or M48's as their mainstay, some even still have T-34/85's in reserve. That will still be the case by the year 2035.. Maybe that Brazil,Russia, India, or People's Republic of China are exporting vehicles to their (neighbouring) allies. For example: PRC does export some of it's (obsolete) stuff to North Korea.

The USA provided upgrade package to nations using the M60 Patton tanks, it failed to sell some to Turkey, but perhaps other nations like Taiwan might eventually obtain M60-120S's..

And before the Crimea-crisis begun, Ukraïne offered upgrade packages for T-72 and T-55's to rather "cheaply" (cheaper then buying a whole new tank that is!) meet current day demands, for poorer nations to keep up; a.k.a: Making money. It is likely that such upgrade-packages will eventually find their way into African/South-American/Asian nations.. But to say they'd rid themselves of T-55's and T-72's or even a rare, spare T-34/85's by the year 2035 is doubtful to me.. In war anything goes, as long as it shoots, wounds, or kills the enemy...

Edited by Thani '82

So, I think I know now what the issue regarding UAZs not spawning properly with ALiVE is, but I haven't gone ahead and fixed it yet. I'm not sure whether it will be appropriate to create an optional configuration file for that or not though.

Also, I have a fix regarding the GP-25, should be able to pick it up without issue; however, it is consequently possible to remove the GP-25 by hand, this isn't intentional and you can't move it between weapons. Just causes the GP-25 to either show up or not on a weapon, doesn't do anything about the way you hold it or the ability to use it. I also fixed the fact that it looks like its not made out of metal, that was a rather silly mistake :rolleyes:

And yea, the addon is set in about 2013 for the "Modern" units, 2009ish for the others. I'm sure someone could make an addon giving the AAF

Anyone have any small bugs or requests, especially in regards to weapons? Those are generally easy to fix so I work on those most often.

In regards to transport aircraft, and using others' work in this addon:

Again, I don't have too many plans for aircraft yet, but I agree that something with a heavier transport capacity than the 8-man hind could be useful; I did have plans for the Huey at some point which would also work as a lighter transport aircraft perhaps more similar in role to the little bird as compared to the Hind. Mi-8, various cargo airplanes and other helicopters, I don't really have much of a plan for them but I could eventually see about adding them; I sorta have a cautious approach to using others' content in my own addon, since I do want to be sure that everything in the addon has about the same feel to it.

That being said, if anyone reading this is an addonmaker and would like to volunteer something for me to use, and would be ok with me either asking for certain changes or with me changing things, please let me know; I know there's a lot of great addons out there for things which I wouldn't be able to make but would still like to use in the addon.

In regards to the XM8:

The current state is that there are two variants of XM-8, both are the longest variant existing with a dual-mode sight which has both 1x and 3x zoom, meaning they can work well in a lot of various situations. The only difference is that one is the normal variant with a 30-round magazine, and the other is the SAW version modeled with a Beta-C. In terms of a marksman's version, I assume the only different would be a bigger zoom? What would be appropriate for that? Finally, are there any other variants that would be good to have?

In regards to other GL's on weapons:

I can work on adding the M203 and EGLM (Scar version) to the addon. I noticed the XM-8 from Arma 2 also has some GL on it, could someone please identify which one it is? Looks like a m320 at first glance but I want to be sure. Also, are these three launchers interchangeable between all NATO weapons, or are there specific limitations to which weapons can use which launchers? Finally, I could use some feedback on the way I've set up the GP-25; Is there any issue with it? Otherwise I'd be using the same thing for the new launchers.

In regards to Takistan:

I really don't have any intent for Takistan's army to be that desolate, but without doubt it is the least well-armed nation in the bunch so far. I should have an elite troop using mostly DPM (By the way, I looked it up and it looks a lot closer to a recolour of Rex Kamysh than DPM) gear in the next update, and SpecOps will come sometime afterwards. Elite TK forces will end up using a the AK-74 series with some G3/HK33s mixed in (probably from the Isklaristani Forces).

In regards to vehicles in general:

I'm afraid progress is going sorta slow, so far its just the BMP-2 that I have partially ported. I won't be updating this weekend so there might be time for me to throw in something else, but I'm afraid I cannot promise it.

How I imagine their split per faction:

CDF: Older Russian equipment. (T-72, BMP-2, BMP-1?, BTR-60, BRDM, UAZ, Ural)

M-CDF: Mostly older Western equipment. (M1 abrams, BMP-2, BTR-60, M113, Humvee, Truck)

Russia: Russian equipment, somewhat contemporary (T-90, T-72, BMP-3?, BMP-2, BTR-80?, BRDM?, Vodnik, UAZ, Kamaz)

Takistan: Old Russian equipment, moreso than CDF. (T-72, T-55, BMP-1, BTR-60, BTR-40, BRDM, UAZ, Ural)

South Zagoria; Modified Russian equipment (T-72sz, BMP-2sz, BMP-2, BTR-70sz?/80sz?, Vodnik, UAZ, Kamaz)

Really can't say what's going to end up happening until I've made everything though, and it will probably be a slow progress :x

In regards to the South Zagorian modifications specifically:

T-72 will be more like the T-80u, having the armour skirts on the turret, reactive armour, and maybe other fancy things.

BMP-2sz has at minimum a commander's MG added, might do things such as armour skirts, reactive armour on the front (yes, even though its a transport), Ataka-V instead of konkurs, etc.

The BTRs would have things like a BMP-2sz turret being used instead of the standard one.

Some of the fancy Ural-mounted stuff like the BM-21 Grad would be mounted on a Kamaz instead.

So I really wish all the weapons had different sounds. Kills the mod for me that they're all the same. I'd say port some of the sounds from arma 2! Or you could ask the ACE team or JSRS team if you could use their old sound. But it definitely needs more variation since no variation pretty much makes it feel like the weapons are all the same with different skins.

---------- Post added at 14:50 ---------- Previous post was at 14:44 ----------

Sorry for the bad writing I'm posting from my phone :plP

---------- Post added at 14:51 ---------- Previous post was at 14:50 ----------

Also GRADs are going to be awesome :D

I have new sounds coming in for the guns next update :)

Have at least the m16, m240, m249, and PKM with completely unique sounds.

I have new sounds coming in for the guns next update :)

Have at least the m16, m240, m249, and PKM with completely unique sounds.

Awesome!! Make sure the SCAR and X8 use a different sound than the AK. Would make sense for them to sound similar to the M16

Awesome!! Make sure the SCAR and X8 use a different sound than the AK. Would make sense for them to sound similar to the M16

I'm working on it :D

As Kae states before, I've got the M16, M249, M240 and the PKM done so far and will probably look into the AK sounds again. Don't know what rifle i'll do next :)

Will make a showreel of all sounds so far very soon.

I'm working on it :D

As Kae states before, I've got the M16, M249, M240 and the PKM done so far and will probably look into the AK sounds again. Don't know what rifle i'll do next :)

Will make a showreel of all sounds so far very soon.

Sounds good, real good, literally!

- - - - -

BTW I support the addition of the Mi-8. It would be a really nice addition for practically all sides, as its a heavy helo ( that can cargo lots of troops ) that can also be used for support.

- - - - -

Reyhard has released a pack with East static weapons and some armor ( T72, BMP1, BMP2 ), if you find any trouble porting them.

Add also some artillery like the D30 ( also in his pack ), would make it more realistic.

Edited by MistyRonin

Sounds good, real good, literally!

- - - - -

BTW I support the addition of the Mi-8. It would be a really nice addition for practically all sides, as its a heavy helo ( that can cargo lots of troops ) that can also be used for support.

- - - - -

Reyhard has released a pack with East static weapons and some armor ( T72, BMP1, BMP2 ), if you find any trouble porting them.

Add also some artillery like the D30 ( also in his pack ), would make it more realistic.

Artillery is always good, especially since static artillery is lacking in Arma 3

Kaelies - just to let you know we've got your SZ units fighting Takistan regulars with a Contingent of Royal Marine "peace Keepers" on Sahrani ALiVE.

Good fun so far !

One of the guys noticed his speed of sound mod had stopped working.. Does anyone else find that this mod overwrites the sounds ?

Thanks

SJ

Could you possibly, instead of making the language addon an additional download, consider making a separate version with the language addon installed? That way it could be posted to Play WithSix so my Arma group doesn't have to manually install it every time it updates. Thanks :)

CDF: Older Russian equipment. (T-72, BMP-2, BMP-1?, BTR-60, BRDM, UAZ, Ural)

M-CDF: Mostly older Western equipment. (M1 abrams, BMP-2, BTR-60, M113, Humvee, Truck)

Russia: Russian equipment, somewhat contemporary (T-90, T-72, BMP-3?, BMP-2, BTR-80?, BRDM?, Vodnik, UAZ, Kamaz)

Takistan: Old Russian equipment, moreso than CDF. (T-72, T-55, BMP-1, BTR-60, BTR-40, BRDM, UAZ, Ural)

South Zagoria; Modified Russian equipment (T-72sz, BMP-2sz, BMP-2, BTR-70sz?/80sz?, Vodnik, UAZ, Kamaz)

I was thinking that as the new CDF is influenced by the West but its still in Easter Europe, some Czech vehicles like the Pandur II and the L159 could fit nicesly ( from vanilla A3 ), but would require a new texture ( I don't know if they were available from the A2 Czech army pack ).

Your pack looks very nice, though I wonder if you know this. When the RPG-7 has the 1p78 attached, it clips into the barrel and the ironsights are from inside the launcher. I saw this in the previous version too. Also and rpg-7 with sensible ironsights is so nice!

the origional M1 and M1IP had the m-68 off the patton and were not as armoured as the M1a2 and A2TUSK are. It would be sensible for these to be in the hands of a US freindly nation

I'll consider putting the language addon into the optional folder of the main addon with the next release, I'll need to get some feedback then regarding whether its too big of a download though.

Regarding weapons like the D30, well, I've still got a good bit to go until I start adding static weapons with all these vehicles everyone wants hm? :rolleyes:

@Tinter:

Yea, the scopes got bugged on the RPG when I tried to make them work with Suddens' scopes, at the moment I'm just using it as a placeholder until I can take the effort to make a proper PGO optic for the RPG. Thanks for the praise on the iron sights by the way :)

@Serjames:

I don't really see any way that the addon would specifically cause speed of sound to stop working, maybe some of my sounds are incompatible with a script in it or something? The sounds added by this mod are all in seperate .pbos, so maybe have him try moving those out of the folder? Also of course try to make sure it is indeed this mod causing it by trying without it .

Also, great to hear that you got it working successfully with ALiVE, I wish the SZ-Royal Marine alliance (if I understood right) manages to fight off those Takistanis :D

Regarding the CDF supplies:

To me it makes most sense that they are strongly supported by the US, given that the US went as far as to invade on their behalf during Harvest Red. The sorta alternate timeline I've been going with in my head recently, in a brief form, has the US crush most of the ChDKZ, pull out, give the CDF equipment and tell them to finish the job, then the survivors of the ChDKZ reform into the South Zagorians and with monetary and equipment support from Russia, fight off the CDF and manage to regain a strong foothold in the region. Naturally, the US would probably not only have to leave some of their supplies behind if their going home was rushed (maybe it was to say, prevent a Russian invasion of the region?), but would also probably try to help out the CDF stay stable in the region.

Regarding the non-US things, well, I imagine that war is a huge profit-making business for companies that make military arms, so any sensible company producing such would give out free samples in the hopes that the CDF will end up buying from them in the future.

Finally, I know that Kuwait, Iraq, and Egypt all use the M1a1, albeit in a downgraded form, so I really see no reason why the CDF wouldn't end up getting stocks of it from the US as well.

Regarding other miscellaneous things:

I hope to have my next update out about the 19th, +/- a week. In addition to the BMP, I should have the Isklaristani weapons, maybe Isklaristani troops, elite Takistani troops, and maybe some other things added. Dreams include adding an ACOG and a CCO as well, but who knows. If you have any suggestions for mods which add NATO scopes, which I might add to the addon, please let me know so I might make a compatibility addon; provided they work fine with BIS weapons, shouldn't be a problem to add them to my own.

I'm going to also add in more specialized medical troops such as the Field Medic (Meant as a platoon-level medical entity, less armed and more supplied than the normal medic) and the Field Doctor (With different supplies). Of course, with the standard Arma medical system it won't have much meaning, but I will be doing an xmed compatibility .pbo as well.

One question I would like to have answered: The NVGoggles/NVScopes and the like are green due to an extra filter, correct? Due to something like the human eye differentiating those colours better? I was considering, if that is the case, to create some custom NVGoggles including arma-2 style ones and also a special set without that particular filter, mostly as a matter of personal preference. If anyone could show me any documents regarding russian night vision goggles/optics, aside from the NSPU, I would appreciate it.

Also, still looking for some feedback on the GP-25 and whatever the GL on the XM8 is!

Regarding the non-US things, well, I imagine that war is a huge profit-making business for companies that make military arms, so any sensible company producing such would give out free samples in the hopes that the CDF will end up buying from them in the future.

Also the Czech Army DLC support trucks could be used by one of the factions ( to make it different, not all Ural & Kamaz; for example for SZ ), they even have one version with a MG.

http://www.hookedgamers.com/images/4389/arma_2_army_of_the_czech_republic/screenshot_pc_arma_2_army_of_the_czech_republic003.jpg (261 kB)

And also this one ( RM 70 ):

http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/acr_dlc_11_4.jpg (210 kB)

It would make the mod more unique. And even Armies with strong US influence, have that kind of stuff-> Georgian Army Equipment

Edited by MistyRonin

Also the Czech Army DLC support trucks could be used by one of the factions.

The issue with this is that BI haven't released content from the DLC packs so modders are unable to use them.

The issue with this is that BI haven't released content from the DLC packs so modders are unable to use them.

Here is what Edge said it was released:

Arma 2 Sample Models - The pack of sample models and animations from Arma 2 and its expansions; contains unbinarized models, configs, model configs, RVMATs and scripts from Arma 2 including all DLCs in ZIP archives divided according to the licenses applied.