kaelies

Kaelies' South Zagorian Army Mod

@Thani'82:

Unfortunately, with the huge amount of variants already present it would be a bit much to add a separate version for having the mask up/down. However, I will look into having an action menu command, if and when I start to require CBA for other features. In the meanwhile, you can use the following code on a unit to have it use the maskless version of its helmet/hat, if one exists:

this addheadgear format["%1_nomask",headgear this];

-----

Version 0.3.1 is now out!

A link is available on the first page for the updated addon, including an updated language addon.

gJ6AUSQ.png

Now featuring Russian army units (infantry only for now. Use CDF variant vehicles to have the old Russian camouflage), available in Flora camouflage. Also has VDV variants in SKOL camo, complete with VDV berets and patch for VDV-GRU. Furthermore, I have set up a compatibility addon for using Suddens' Russian scopes, it is available in the "optional" folder of this addon.

A new camouflage variant is also available for the South Zagorian units, meant to be very effective in the grasslands of Stratis and Altis.

This release was a tad bit rushed, so these new units are incompatible with Zeus and may not be compatible with ALiVE until my next patch. Hopefully they are enjoyable anyways!

Edited by Kaelies
Version number written down incorrectly

Those Russian Federation, and recamouflaged SZ units sure are a nice surprise there! And ofcourse, thanks for the initialization-code Kaelies. :)

Updated release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

The additional language addon is availbale on our main downloadpage as a seperate download as well!

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

New update v0.3.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@kae_sz.png

Kaelies' date=' may I ask for the possible option of being able to choose from two versions of South Zagorian men in both the woodland/arid/UNO versions, them being equipped with, ánd without facial masks, as separate units from the drop-down-menu in the editor?

[/quote']

As the headpiece is a piece of equipment you should be able to remove it by placing a line or two into the unit's init.

I didn't see Kaelies' post. Sorry! :rolleyes:

Their is a bug with the weapons. If you put the weapons down to the ground than they look completly other as you have the weapons in the hands.

@Kju

Thanks for updating on Six! Would it be possible to have the language addon be uploaded as well as a sound mod dependent on the main addon, similar to the way in which @Ace_SM worked with @Ace during the days of Arma 2 and Six updater?

@Foxhound

Awesome, thanks for the continued support with having my addon, as well as all the others, updated on your website!

Their is a bug with the weapons. If you put the weapons down to the ground than they look completly other as you have the weapons in the hands.

Hey, unfortunately this is a default Arma engine bug due to how hiddenselectionstextures are implemented on weapons that are on the ground (or rather, that they aren't). One method of fixing it would be to have an individual model for each and every gun, but this would bloat the addon size to something unacceptable for me. I did have another idea, but it will take a long time to implement and you probably won't see it soon.

Ah the Russians aren't coded to speak Russian with the language addon

Hey, I double-checked the language addon I have uploaded and it seems to work fine. Can you make sure to update the language addon to BETA 0.2?

Can you add any GL variants of aks?

Sure, I'll see what I can do about adding them within the next three updates or so. From my understanding it will be a little difficult since I will need to adjust the aiming manually. Will be adding rifle grenades in the same update that I do this, by the way.

I'll try to get the next update to have a PKM as well. However, I won't be able to do an update this weekend.

Some nice screenshots courtesy of FistoGames; Thank you!

As usual, click on the image to see it in glorious full resolution and quality:

zZEHcHk.png

YEGgvJh.jpg

i4lvGOs.png

Also one thanks to Valax! I think I meant to post this earlier but forgot about it :rolleyes:

TcYxdzw.png

Removed a few links due to bandwidth issues, PM if you'd like to see any in particular

Edited by Kaelies

Nice pics!

Will you being adding tanks next? Because I think those should come next as I can't wait to do full on proper battles between the CDF and South Zagorian army.

Also can you increase the recoil of the AK-74 and AKM, as at the moment the AK-74 has like none and AKM has the recoil of a AK-74, apart from that though I really like the reload animations

Great looking screenshots, keep up the great work :)

Where nice addition to the Arma-3 world... Like especially the uniform camoflage. Keep it and keep it coming.!

Hey,

There is an update in the works but it's been slow because of schoolwork. Thankfully, by the end of next week for certain, and maybe even before that, I will have more free time to work on this addon. My next update or two will be focusing on infantry and weapons, and then I'll work on adding the BMP-2 and maybe some other tanks (I heard m113 requested a lot).

The things I have for certain in this next update:

GP-25 Grenade Launcher (Note: GL mounted too far forward, fixed since screenshot)

PSO series optics (Including real-life standard 4x, real-life variants (available at least as civilian POSP) 2x, 6x, 8x fixed, 2-6x, 3-9x, 4-12x zoom, and fictional 12x fixed, 3-9-27x, 3-9-27-81x zoom)

Fix for Zeus compatibility.

Work is mostly slow because zeroing the GL is going to be a pain, if I want the sights to remain aligned. I should know *how* to do it, its just going to be a lot of tedious guess-and-checking. Zeroings for the GP-25 are going to be the real-life 0m, 50m, 100m, 150m, 200m, 250m, 300m, 350m, 400m, and if I can get it to work, 350m, 300m, 250m, 200m, 150m, 100m as high-trajectory settings.

The GP-25 is going to be attachable to any AK in my addon, including RPKs, unless someone can show me why the bulges on the front of an RPK reciever would make it impossible to mount to the RPK47, RPK74, and all AKszs.

Things I have wishlisted for the next two updates (not necessarily in order, and probably too much for me to finish in that time):

More bullet types, better ballistics

PKM

SVD

AK-54rsz (7.62x54r AKsz)

AK-56sz (guess)

New vehicle camouflage for CDF forces

RU forces get proper vehicle camouflage

UN "camouflage" for Mi-24

An additional uniform maybe?

NAPA (Blufor)

Takistani Insurgents (Opfor)

South Zagorian Partisians (Indfor) [think more army]

South Zagorian Militia (Indfor) [think more civilian]

US forces (Blufor)

Westernized/Modernized/(traitor) CDF (Blufor)

Aristan (Opfor) [think: Afghanistan is to Takistan as Iran is to Aristan. Farsi, HK g3s, HK33s, oh my]

HK mp5, HK33, G3 (I already made some, just gotta port from A2)

M16-style rifles (Inc M16, M4)

Insurgent Weapons

Other Western Weapons?

Other Eastern attachments

I hope I don't whet everyone's appetite too much, I doubt I'll be able to finish -everything- on that list ;)

Screenshots removed

Edited by Kaelies

Aristan? Are you sure it isn't meant to be Ardistan, Kaelies? Whilst searching for Green Sea map I did stumble upon the name Ardistan several times over, and I know there's an old discontinued beta-release faction named Ardistan (Soviet-esque from 1980's period) which was meant to fight the Takibans/Takistani Republican Militia as they're known in Operation Arrowhead, since in that timeperiod the Takistani Army isn't operational yet.. (that was since 1988 onwards, afaik.)

Now may I suggest a few things, in order to have the Aristan (or Ardistan as I'd like to call them.) infantry retain their own looks for better recognition on the battlefield, thus knowing who's who?

I'd say let them use either the old BDU camouflage, as what the US forces were using throughout the 1990's in green terrain.. From a distance it looks darker then Taki olive-drab, thus easier to recognize.

Speaking of helmets, I say good old Czech steelpot, íf that's available; Otherwise, non-cloth plain olive-drab colored bare Kevlar helmet.

But you could also opt for the old East-German 'Strichtarn' (or 'Raindrop Pattern') in brownish autumn-variant. Looks good on both Arid and Green terrain, and as for their vehicles: A3 Nato 'tan' like seen on AFV 'Marshall', but then with dark-brown swaths painted here and there. Thus maintaining an own identity for the Ardistanese.

But as always, whatever you decide to do, it's up to you! :) To conclude: I wish you the best of luck with getting the grenade-launchers set-up correctly, and ofcourse thanks for all the effort put into it so far! :D

Edited by Thani '82

Yes, it is meant to be Aristan, a fictional country based on Iran. Perhaps I could use some of those ideas for the other units I'll be adding, though!

The name isn't really set in stone, if someone wants to suggest something better I'm all ears. Just keep away from real-life names please ;)

My next update or two will be focusing on infantry and weapons, and then I'll work on adding the BMP-2 and maybe some other tanks (I heard m113 requested a lot).

May I suggest to add the BMP-2, UAZ, Ural truck, Kamaz and a Hind to the Russian faction? And Maybe a T-72 or T-80 and a BTR-60 / 90?

Edited by MistyRonin

BMP-3 would be more suiting for Russian faction I think. Otherwise, seems nice. Also, could UAZ weapon variants be added to combat the upcoming BMP2s? The SPG, mainly. Dshkm would be a nice bonus.

Also, Kaelies, why not just use the US forces already ingame? No need to make a brand new US Army unless this is 2014 era, not 2035.

For US forces, will you include Marine Recon? I think that the Marines would fit best in this scenario. If not, a modern US Army faction using MTP hasn't been made yet.

---------- Post added at 20:45 ---------- Previous post was at 20:44 ----------

I think it would be best to just go with straight-up Iran, it would make the scenarios more believable and would be a nice addition. It's a mod, so you don't need to worry about politics.

I could see about the UAZ variants, not too sure about whether its fitting for them to exist for standard army units in eastern-based countries. If I decide to do it, I might try to add some variants with new guns like the metis, konkurs, etc, too. I will probably keep it to the BMP-2 at frst for Russia to save on the amount of vehicles.

I can certainly see the KAMAZ and Ural-4320 trucks being useful to add, will do those maybe after adding armoured BTRs and vodnik. I'll keep tanks in mind while working on the BMP-2, will have to see how different it is to implement those.

I guess the time period I'm aiming for in terms of the RU and maybe US units is something 1990s to 2004 or so, maybe with older or newer stuff mixed in, and I'm mostly doing it so I can have these units in according to my own tastes as well as to possibly allow for some more interesting scenarios or to have a bit of a wider audience interested. I will probably keep vehicles for these factions to a minimum until I've finished all the other countries, since those seem to take a lot more effort compared to adding guns or infantry. Also naturally US units are a bit low in priority considering the mod theme is on the other side of the fence.

I haven't thought about what subsect of the US military I'd be using, good ol' woodland and the old desert pattern was my intended camouflage. I guess I'll probably make the units then post screenshots asking for what branch I should put them under, and suggestions, etc. that arise at that point in time. Chances are I'll additionally be including fictional variants of each of their guns too which would be accessable via crates only, "captured modified weapons" by South Zagoria, or "easternized modifications" for the western CDF.

I guess I will just go with calling it Iran or Persia, probably mostly reskins of Takistani units, maybe some actual modification on the model to add units without the rolled-up sleeves; speaking of which, I'll look into sleeves-up versions of a few of the uniforms already in use, I hear it can be pretty popular.

Sorry if it all seems a little disorganized or such, I need to balance my percieved difficulty of doing stuff along with my personal wishes, those things useful to my unit (both as actual use and as promotion), and public wishes that I've heard through this thread or my friends.

You could probably expect an update at the end (Sunday?) of next week with those things I've said are guarenteed, plus anything else I finish by then; another infantry-centric update the weekend after with other goodies, and the tracked vehicles within the two weeks to come after, assuming no major changes in my schedule.

Looks like some really cool stuff, are you submitting your mods to the community upgrade project ?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169933-Community-Upgrade-Project&highlight=cup

Seems crazy to add another UAZ, Kamaz etc, when Suddens are already there etc etc etc

Be good if you guys pulled together and shared the assets so you could build your faction packs up faster ?

Sj

Great work, Kaelies, this mod is rapidly replacing other mods I use and is of wonderful quality. You really put a lot of passion into your work. Good job, man!

@Serjames

I have not been submitting to the CUP, I'll go take a look at doing so sometime later. Maybe it's a bit crazy to add things someone else has already done, but on the other hand I do get to make sure everything is just how I want it; not to say that mine are necessarily any higher quality than someone else's. I must say though, I might skip out on some armoured vehicles to see what RHS's are going to be like, especially the US vehicles which I don't have many plans to modify.

@Fisto

Thanks!

---

So I decided to procrastinate on my homework by instead working on porting random things over, so we've got something in a finished state that I hadn't even intended to make until yesterday:

Hao3DL3.png

Two soldiers take advantage of a break in the fighting to discuss the relative merits of which version of the FN Scar they prefer.

I haven't even decided what faction might use them, but I'll be certain that they find their way to an ammobox near you! They should be easy to make compatible with most Picatinny rail scopes, but I will probably have to define an optional config for each other addon due to how I designed the variants of these ones. On the other hand, these new guns should show fully the correct version when on the ground, except for paint scheme. There's a Long, Standard, and Short version of both the -L and -H variants, and each can have a bipod, grip, both, or neither; but those last attachments cannot be removed except by script.

I also completely overhauled the ballistics of those rounds already in the mod, and added the following:

5.45x39mm

7n6*

7n10*

7n22

7n24

Custom SZ AP Sabot (Not a real round)

Custom SZ Fragmenting Sabot

5.56x45mm

M885

Mk318

Mk262

7.62x39mm

M43*

7.62x54r

57-N-323S (Normal Ball)

57-N-423 (Heavy Ball)

7n1

7n14

7.62x51mm

M80

DM111

M118LR

(Those marked with a * were already in under a different name)

Unfortunately, in doing so I also changed the classnames of the magazines, so you might need to adjust any loadout scripts when I next update. I'll post the specifics on how I calculated the data for these new rounds later tonight this week, maybe it will be interesting for someone to read. Feel free to request any other particular ammo types or to point out suggestions/flaws in my data once I post it!

Edited by Kaelies

Do you think you could include, in the CDF infantry, a "rifleman (SCAR)"?

---------- Post added at 06:43 ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 ----------

Since they're becoming more "westernized", and I'm talking about a variant of the regular soldier.