kaelies

Kaelies' South Zagorian Army Mod

;2614782']Kaelis' date=' could you please make ammoboxes for the facrions in your addon? Right now there are 6 ammoboxes - just for ammo and Ak74sz/AKS74sz etc - but they don´t show all the weapons available in your addon neither the uniforms =/

cheers![/quote']

I have to say I'm a supporter of this idea of ammoboxes filled with weapons and uniforms. I hope you'll find the time to implement this if you will. Would be great though. :D

?ui=2&ik=7112aa0e95&view=att&th=143fa1b732846d52&attid=0.1&disp=emb&realattid=ii_143fa1af59909960&zw&atsh=1

someone have this bug.

changed the theme i want know if you will add akms,akms gp 25,pkm,svd and ak74u in futures updates,i love this mod the sound is very good keep up the great work a suggestion i think who the rpk should have the bipod down

Whew, I'm a little surprised myself at how many different objects there are...

you can put the class names of the weapons and vest and maybe in the next update add a akms

Sure thing, added the classlist to the main page, AKMS will be added in next update.

;2614782']Kaelis' date=' could you please make ammoboxes for the facrions in your addon?[/quote']

Sure, I can make a few new ammoboxes for the various factions as well as a few more transport boxes. I'll move the one-item "transport-boxes" (the small ones) to a different vehicle class as well so they don't clutter up the other stuff.

someone have this bug.

changed the theme i want know if you will add akms,akms gp 25,pkm,svd and ak74u in futures updates,i love this mod the sound is very good keep up the great work a suggestion i think who the rpk should have the bipod down

I'm afraid I can't see what the bug is, you will have to upload the screenshot to some other website besides gmail for me to see. In terms of new weapons, I can add a few of those others later on, AKMS can be added in next update, AKS-74u is already in the game. SVD would be added later along with snipers and such, and PKM will be a bit. GP-25 is also going to be a while, as it seems like it will be rather difficult to zero the sights properly, plus I want to roll out rifle grenades for the South Zagorians at the same time.

While I'd love to have the bipods be animated when resting them and/or when the player is prone, but I don't think there's a simple way to do it without scripting.

---------

I'm currently working on the base Mi-24 and getting the textures and model working in ArmA 3, as well as modifying the RVMats slightly. It's mostly just time-consuming, and I hope to be able to get the Mi-24 working within the next two weeks at absolute most.

Also, thanks to LAxemann's great work with sounds, reloading will sound far more natural too, with this next update!

Please tell me they speak Czech! And the Takis speak Arabic not Farsi

---------- Post added at 00:02 ---------- Previous post was at 23:59 ----------

Please tell me they speak Czech/Russan! And the Takis speak Arabic not Farsi

Please tell me they speak Czech! And the Takis speak Arabic not Farsi

---------- Post added at 00:02 ---------- Previous post was at 23:59 ----------

Please tell me they speak Czech/Russan! And the Takis speak Arabic not Farsi

There are no new voices in the mod. The PRSZ have the Greek voice set. I'm not sure about the CDF or Takis though - but I assume Takis speak Farsi.

There are no new voices in the mod. The PRSZ have the Greek voice set. I'm not sure about the CDF or Takis though - but I assume Takis speak Farsi.

why not just use the ones from Arma 2? They would probably work really well, especially since they are free for the modding community now.

Another thing I love about this mod is the way the AKs feel. They may not be like those in real life but they are definitely very pleasant to use!

Update to 0.3.0: Now with Hinds!

9ec318E.png

(Click screenshots for full resolution and quality)

Added the Mi-24p, Mi-24v, Mi-24vp variants of the Hind, (30mm fixed cannon, 12.7mm flexible gatling gun, 23mm flexible cannon, respectively). These can accept a remarkable amount of armaments including the S5 57mm rockets, S8 80mm rockets (including thermobaric variants), FAB-250 bombs, Ataka-V ATGMs (including thermobaric variants), Shturm ATGMs (including thermobaric variants), Falanga ATGMs, R-73 anti-aircraft missile, strela anti-aircraft missile, and Igla anti-aircraft missile. By default, only the S5 and S8 rockets will be available to the pilot, although on the -24p variants the 30mm cannon and any anti-aircraft missiles will also be usable.

TQexQkM.png

The crafty designers at South Zagorian Arms Inc. have added rear-view mirrors to the Mi-24, in a configuration not too far from the real thing; these should help with landing when playing in first-person. And, that crosshair isn't just painted onto the glass anymore; it now properly works as a collimator sight (i.e, red dot sight or holographic sight)!

Some nice screenshots:

<Old links, sorry :(>

Of course, where there are helicopters, you have AA:

jqI3SHN.png

Introducing the Igla AA launcher for the South Zagorian forces, as well as the Strela-2 for Takistani and CDF forces. All of these additions are fully compatible with Arma 3 Zeus (Now available on Dev Branch), with the exception of story units which are not intended to be.

This update also brings a small amount of infantry additions such as new rifles and ammo boxes, full details are on the first page. The next update will be involving infantry additions and adjustments, let me know of any suggestions. And if you're thirsty for some foreshadowing, well here you are.

See the first page for download link and more information, including Classlist, Changelog, and more screenshots!

EDIT: Accidentally uploaded an older version of one of the files, should be fixed now. Hopefully not too many people will need to redownload!

Edited by Kaelies

So, would it be possible, given the range of armament of the MI-24, to use the 'service menu' system from Saul and John_Spartan's F-18/SU-35 to load the weapons etc?

Due to it being badass, (And KaeliesPropaganda HQ wanting me to) I created a small 'cinematic' video showcasing my favorite part of this mod - the hinds. Enjoy!

---------- Post added at 18:25 ---------- Previous post was at 18:16 ----------

So, would it be possible, given the range of armament of the MI-24, to use the 'service menu' system from Saul and John_Spartan's F-18/SU-35 to load the weapons etc?

+1 this idea. Being able to change your loadout during the mission would be a fantastic edition.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

New mod or update v0.3.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@kae_sz.png

@ Kaelies;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Nice to see mi24's in game, I would like to you tell me how the units are compatible with zeus :>

@Foxhound,

Excellent, thanks for updating! Good to see all the screenshots up at once, too.

@Sonsalt6,

Thanks for hosting on WithSix!

This should definitely be possible, though I think I would like to implement my own service menu for the challenge and the greater degree of control it would give me. My understanding from what I've looked at so far is that it should allow you to select which weapon is carried by each hardpoint on a wing, as well as what is type of ammunition is loaded into the main cannon, while near an ammo truck, with an easy means of selection; this is something I can certainly implement.

@Valax

Awesome, many thanks!

Nice to see mi24's in game, I would like to you tell me how the units are compatible with zeus :>

It's configured such that if you add the addon classnames to the Zeus modules, all units that should show up, will show up. There's a potential issue where this might not happen because of how the addon is made, maybe I'm making too big of a deal over it though :p

@supergruntsb78

Thanks, hope you enjoy it when you get around to taking a look

Great job Kaelies.

I know how hard you worked to get to this point. A mere 1500+ hours in A2 and 800 hours in A3. This guy knows his game.

You always put much work into making it unique and not "just-another-mod" while highlighting both detail and authenticity.

This mod will become a integrated part of the VDV-GRU´s modpack. It provides not only one faction but a multitude with different uniforms, weapons, crates etc and opens up for new and credible theatres of war.

Now take a well-deserved break before you burn out! :)

Edited by Baagoe

wow, this mod takes me by surprise. aamazing work man. love the hinds. cant wait for the dl to finish!

I did put this line ("kae_SZ_infantry","Kae_SZ_Factions","Kae_SZ_Weapons","Kae_SZ_Air","Kae_SZ_Vehicles",) in addon classes. Unfortunately, nothing has happened and I couldn't respawn any of your soldier/stuff from mod. Could you add me on steam and help me? My nick is keeway94

Great job Kaelies.

I know how hard you worked to get to this point. A mere 1500+ hours in A2 and 800 hours in A3. This guy knows his game.

You always put much work into making it unique and not "just-another-mod" while highlighting both detail and authenticity.

This mod will become a integrated part of the VDV-GRU´s modpack. It provides not only one faction but a multitude with different uniforms, weapons, crates etc and opens up for new and credible theatres of war.

Now take a well-deserved break before you burn out! :)

Second that notion!

Hey everyone,

Been working on getting the ArmA 2 radio protocols to work here in ArmA 3, I think I've gotten far enough to do a public beta. While I'm unable to test extremely extensively, I do believe that all obvious bugs are gone, but I could of course be wrong. Currently it only changes CDF voices to Czech, and South Zagorian voices to Russian. Takistani voices are planned for later.

This module is released on it's own, but is reliant on the main addon to do anything. It is released under the APL-SA license, as it uses data from ArmA 2 work which has been released under the same. Full details may be found inside the downloaded archive.

<Old DL Link, check first post>

It's a pretty big addition at 130MB, has a seperate license, and I probably won't be updating it much after I get it working, so I'll be keeping it as a separate download for the foreseeable future.

Feel free to also use the radio protocols added by this in your own addons. To do this, there is an "identityTypes[]" parameter for infantry units, just set the first value to either "Kae_LanguageRU" or "Kae_LanguageCZ".

Example:

class kae_SZ_soldier_Base: SoldierGB
 {
   identityTypes[] = {"Kae_LanguageRU","Head_Euro","Kae_Glasses_SZ"};
 };

Current Bugs:

Takistani Units do not properly have their language

There is no variation of voices for Stealth or Combat modes.

Detailed Compass Degree bearings are replaced with North, NW, etc, for voiceovers.

The cfgPatches name is incorrect, which means there is an error in the .rpt file, and also that using this breaks Zeus Compatibility with the infantry units of my addon.

Edited by Kaelies

You should totally add the SKS for rear-line troops

Hey everyone,

Been working on getting the ArmA 2 radio protocols to work here in ArmA 3, I think I've gotten far enough to do a public beta. While I'm unable to test extremely extensively, I do believe that all obvious bugs are gone, but I could of course be wrong. Currently it only changes CDF voices to Czech, and South Zagorian voices to Russian. Takistani voices are planned for later.

This module is released on it's own, but is reliant on the main addon to do anything. It is released under the APL-SA license, as it uses data from ArmA 2 work which has been released under the same. Full details may be found inside the downloaded archive.

It's a pretty big addition at 130MB, has a seperate license, and I probably won't be updating it much after I get it working, so I'll be keeping it as a separate download for the foreseeable future.

Feel free to also use the radio protocols added by this in your own addons. To do this, there is an "identityTypes[]" parameter for infantry units, just set the first value to either "Kae_LanguageRU" or "Kae_LanguageCZ".

Example:

class kae_SZ_soldier_Base: SoldierGB
 {
   identityTypes[] = {"Kae_LanguageRU","Head_Euro","Kae_Glasses_SZ"};
 };

Current Bugs:

Takistani Units do not properly have their language

There is no variation of voices for Stealth or Combat modes.

Detailed Compass Degree bearings are replaced with North, NW, etc, for voiceovers.

The cfgPatches name is incorrect, which means there is an error in the .rpt file, and also that using this breaks Zeus Compatibility with the infantry units of my addon.

Wonderful! Any chance you could upload the patch to Play WithSix?

@Fisto

I cannot upload the language patch since I want it to stay separate, at least for now. I will try to send updates through to Six in the future, however.

@Kaxii

SKS would be a pretty cool addition, as would be something like the SVT-40. Unfortunately, since there is no BIS model for them, I would either need to model the entire gun myself, or have someone provide me with a model to use, which I could modify to fit the style of the guns included in the rest of the addon; therefore, it may be a while before either gets added.

Hmmm yeah, it may be good to ask either: CWR2, ACE, KPFS or even project chernarus for their SKS models if they allowed it.

Kaelies, may I ask for the possible option of being able to choose from two versions of South Zagorian men in both the woodland/arid/UNO versions, them being equipped with, ánd without facial masks, as separate units from the drop-down-menu in the editor?

Alternatively - íf possible at all - it would be awesome to have a feature in the action-menu to actually select, or deselect the option of "mask-on/mask-off".

Whichever is deemed practicable, it sure makes for spotting fellow team-members in the field a bit easier if all come to agree to wear their face masks up, where AI for example doesn't wear those. Ofcourse, that is if you're willing to alter the SZ-faction like that.

But if you wish to decline, then I'll also respect that, because it's a lot of work to even get an outstanding addon such as this going from scratch at all! :) However, I can always ask, and hope for whatever your answer may be. But please do know, that I'm already satisfied with all that you've done so far. Yet I hope something along those lines perhaps may be implemented on the longer run, if at all. :)

Anyways, please do keep up the excellent work! But take a break every once in a while eh.. Burnouts are nasty, and I know about 'em first hand.. It sure ain't pretty, I can tell you that. So please take care. Thank you. :)