Sign in to follow this  
Ranwer135

Dynamic Survival Sandbox V1.0

Hello everyone,

Here it is, my 2nd mission I've done in the Bohemia Interactive Forums:

54t7gn.jpg

=========================================================================================

Description:

Dynamic Survival Sandbox is a Sandbox similar to Craig's Dynamic Zombie Sandbox, but without zombies.

You will spawn on Stratis' coastline, beware of players too!

When you've spawned, you will be given 2 weapons, and very few ammo to use.

So the aim of the Sandbox is simple: Scavenge, Survive, Win and don't die.

=========================================================================================

Features:

• Players can deploy/pack their tent and campfire.

• Fast Time.

• Status HUD.

• Loot Spawns around the map.

• WeatherService function.

• Vehicles spawn around map.

• Particle effects.

• Revive Included.

===========

Armaholic mirror:

Stratis - Dynamic Survival Sandbox - Stratis

===========

===========

Armaholic mirror:

Chernarus - Dynamic Survival Sandbox - Chernarus

===========

================================================

Known Bugs:

• None at the current time. (only in Stratis, but a New version will be released)

==================================

Future Plans:

• To try and make a working dialog for the developing sleeping script.

• An Altis version.

• Ambient tracks during the mission.

• More fixes and updates.

======================================================================

Credits & Thanks:

Civilian Vehicle Spawn Script - [sTELS]ZealotStatus

Hud Script - Iceman77

Loot Spawn Script - Na_Palm

Camping Script helped by - Ceds

WeatherService Script - austin(medic)

Ash Particles Script - MOERDERHOSCHI

Real Weather Script - code34

Lightweight Revive Script - farooqaaa

====================================

Special Thanks:

- Craig (bobtom): For giving me permission to use his mission.

====================================

NOTE: If there is any known bugs I haven't come across, let me know. ;)

Edited by Ranwer

Hello,

So I was playing around with a survival mod, I found your mission and ported it to my mission on Namalsk.

Things I added

-------------------

K9 companion

Sandbag placing

winter snow mod

BTC revive with mobile base

take a look at my steam screenshots.. I would like to develop your mod further with you if you want

steamcommunityDOTcom/profiles/76561198045580290/home/ <----- change DOT to . (for some reason I couldn't add it)

Were actually in the process of developing this into a standalone mod/mission.. Still has work to be done but the framework looks promising :)

1)I STRONGLY believe the custom actions "Set up Camp" and "Weather Forecast" should be in "Radio menu".

As is..player is spammed from Action "Weather Forecast" EVERY-TIME he wants to open a door and lots accidental "Set up Camp" happens.

2)Also.."Setting a camp" action makes every backpack i m carrying to disappear :/

3) I dunno if it's just me..but hosting this mission to a dedi environment i got No enemies/other NPC's (played once as Civ/once as Indi)

I really looking forward for an updated version

1)I STRONGLY believe the custom actions "Set up Camp" and "Weather Forecast" should be in "Radio menu".

As is..player is spammed from Action "Weather Forecast" EVERY-TIME he wants to open a door and lots accidental "Set up Camp" happens.

2)Also.."Setting a camp" action makes every backpack i m carrying to disappear :/

3) I dunno if it's just me..but hosting this mission to a dedi environment i got No enemies/other NPC's (played once as Civ/once as Indi)

I really looking forward for an updated version

1. Yeah, I agree too. But since I saw how DayZ standalone had with the flashlight, they had the addaction to turn it on, too.

But I'll look into that more and see if it is really worth doing that. :)

2. Yep. About the backpack, I'll be releasing V2.0 Straight away today. (It has urgent major changes that fixes the backpack, and respawning problems) ;)

3. I had a similar thought as you too, GiorgyGR. But I'll see if ambient NPC's will make the mission more alive. :cool:

================================================================================================================

NOTE: I'll edit the first post in this thread and replace the 1.0 version with the new 2.0.

Cheers everyone!

Ranwer

First of all..thanks for considering up my observations :)

I m feeling i should make myself more 'clear' about 1 point.

My poor written (and spoken :P ) English maybe kept you from understanding..i haven't encountered ANY enemies at all in all map.

Only "proof of life" i saw was..(look spoiler)

..after the "walk-in-a-park"-while in airport there was 2 vehicles on fire and each one had 1 body lying in the wrecks..

I should add..i AM running some mods..but i want to believe there are no conflicts between the mission and those..

(Sound/Visuals enhancements +low level AI behavior mods)

Edited by GiorgyGR

First of all..thanks for considering up my observations :)

I m feeling i should make myself more 'clear' about 1 point.

My poor written (and spoken :P ) English maybe kept you from understanding..i haven't encountered ANY enemies at all in all map.

Only "proof of life" i saw was..(look spoiler)

..after the "walk-in-a-park"-while in airport there was 2 vehicles on fire and each one had 1 body lying in the wrecks..

I should add..i AM running some mods..but i want to believe there are no conflicts between the mission and those..

(Sound/Visuals enhancements +low level AI behavior mods)

LOL! Yeah I put that there in the editor so that people get the feeling "OMG, Someone did this. RUN!"

:idea:

Seems pretty cool. Only thing that is weird to me is the clouds, They change an awful lot. Looks weird.

How long before you add AI?

Seems pretty cool. Only thing that is weird to me is the clouds, They change an awful lot. Looks weird.

How long before you add AI?

Yeah, I'm currently running code34's real weather script. (It really does look strange when clouds suddenly change in a blink of an eye)

But I'm thinking of using gammadust's GAMTimeXleration script instead.

Also, about the AI units. I've definitely considered putting NPC's in, so new features and fixes will be in V3.0. :)

But V3.0 should be released as soon as I get a functioning Vehicle Spawner.

Regards,

Ranwer

Ive actually added "objectives" heli crash sites with loot throughout the map, vehicle repair, dog companions (if you can clear the police station of hostiles) and a bunch of other stuff like hostile quarantine areas/ camps, but Im waiting for the framework to be finished before releasing anything. And I don't want to give too much away ;) maybe V3.0???

One more thing is loot is very easy to find.

The more rare the loot the better imo (at least weapons/magazines/AT's/rockets)

One more thing is loot is very easy to find.The more rare the loot the better imo (at least weapons/magazines/AT's/rockets)
Ok, I suppose the rareness of loot can make the game more interesting. (But i'm looking foward to doing the arma3 chernarus edition) ;)

By the way: I'm looking for a script that spawns vehicles all over the map (instead of towns)It'll be great if someone could help me create or find one.

Regards,

Ranwer

Edited by Ranwer

Hello guys,

I know its been a while since my recent post here, but here is an update on the upcoming V3.0. :cool:

=======================

CHANGELOG:

- Fixed: Vehicle Spawn only spawns 1 type of vehicle.

- New: Modified Detain and Release script. (Originally scripted by Evaider)

- New: NPC's spawn over map.

- New: Chernarus version created.

=========================

NOTE: This is just an update of what I've done recently, next update will be tomorrow. :D

Hopefully, V3.0 should be released by this week.

Edited by Ranwer

Post moved to above post. (Some sort of glitch going on with my phone)

Edited by Ranwer
posting issues

Here it is,

The Chernarus Version of "Dynamic Survival Sandbox"

2bXwbWs.jpg

======================================

FEATURES:

- Everything that was previously in the Stratis Version.

- Improved Vehicle Spawn script.

- Detain and Release Script Modified and Ported Into Arma 3. (Originally scripted by Evaider)

======================================

==============

Armaholic mirror:

Chernarus - Dynamic Survival Sandbox - Chernarus

==============

==============

Future Plans:

- To create random NPC Spawn locations. (will put NPC's in next version, my mistake FPDR )

- A dialog to make my developing sleeping function work.

==============

==========

Requirements:

- All in Arma (AiA) (If you have Arma 2)

- Dynamic Survival Sandbox - Chernarus (If you don't have Arma 2)

==========

Cheers Everyone!

Ranwer

Edited by Ranwer

;2614336']Hey' date=' Ranwer! Is it possible to play your Chernarus version using A3MP instead of AiA?

cheers![/quote']

Not sure? :confused: But since both Mods support Chernarus, then I reckon it should work. :D

Regards,

Ranwer

Yep, it does... now I´ll wait for the next update, so we can have NPCs to shot at and dodge their bullets ;)

cheers!

Yeah the NPC's will definitely be in the next update. :war:

But right now, Here is a short update on what I've done: :D

=============================================

CHANGELOG:

- Ported TPW's foggy breath script.

- Added objects around towns. (for the R3F Logistics Function)

=============================================

NOTE: To all who are reading this note, here is my question.

Is it ok to use the deathtrack from DayZ? Its just that it sounds good as an intro, thats all. :cool: (as well as give credit to them in the mission)

Any chance for a singleplayer version once you have the AI in? Or would that be easy to do with setting one of the classes as Player? Also, seeing as I haven't tried the mission yet, is there a hunger/thirst/tired/temperature system? If so, that is awesome. I'm actually waiting for the AI version, but I'll post my first thoughts.

Any chance for a singleplayer version once you have the AI in? Or would that be easy to do with setting one of the classes as Player? Also, seeing as I haven't tried the mission yet, is there a hunger/thirst/tired/temperature system? If so, that is awesome. I'm actually waiting for the AI version, but I'll post my first thoughts.

Hello Recardio,

Yes, I hoping to create a SP gamemode, but theres only 1 problem. When you die, you don't respawn (you only respawn in MP)

Anyway, about the temperature system. I havn't really worked out Wasteland's system, but the hunger and thirst will be in one of the next updates.

Also, the AI system is getting there, what I've done is placed some units. (all I need to do is to randomly spawn them with waypoint loops)

Regards,

Ranwer

Hello guys,

I've managed to create a logo for "Dynamic Survival Sandbox".

(although, it requires moderators permission since it looks almost like DayZ's style :confused:)

10z8iv9.jpg

Cheers!

Ranwer

Why does it need permission? If you are using a different font, different graphics, and different styles then you aren't infringing on anything.

Looks good BTW!

Why does it need permission? If you are using a different font, different graphics, and different styles then you aren't infringing on anything.

Looks good BTW!

Thanks Kremator. :)

The only similarities I found was that the DayZ logo was black and white as well as got the black objects inside the words. (although everything I did in my logo is by scratch)