Sign in to follow this  
SparkZ

Adapt crash

I've recently been playing Adapt, the second campaign of Arma 3.

STILL NOT SOLVED

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

CLOSE NOW IF YOU DONT WANT SPOILERS

So i started at the beach, did the first mission (what was quite hard already), went all fine. But then

the second mission in night time, called "Common Enemy" is where Arma 3 crashes all the time. I past

the first AAF Checkpoint, went well, without crash. A bit lag spikes when crossing but that didn't bother me.

So when i arrive at the second AAF Checkpoint in about 50-100 meters from it, from the village, the game crashes.

I set resolution to 600x... and then i got past the checkpoint. The third checkpoint went well too after all, but then when i leave the checkpoint and head

left in the dirt way where im supposed to drive, the game crashes again with the 600x resolution. 600x resolution is the lowest one in the settings,

even that crashes my game. Most say my graphic card crashes due to overheat ad my pc isn't suitable for Arma 3, i got a laptop though. But i played

the first campaign "Survive" without any crashes, without lag spikes, just so smooth as it should be. They say it's the night missions that crash your graphics card

but in the "Survive" campaign were night mission either. So i don't get it, i got a AMD Radeon HD 6600G + AMD Radeon HD 7500M graphic cards that work together "Crossfire". I think my graphic cards aren't that bad huh? A friend suggested a cooling pad for my cards but would that really work? Wait, i'll put my specs down here:

Processor: AMD A8-3520M APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.60 GHz (4 Cpu's)

Graphics cards: AMD Radeon HD 6620G

AMD Radeon HD 7500M (Crossfire)

Ram: 8 GB

Controlsystem: Windows 7 Home premium x64

Laptop: Acer Aspire 5560

DirectX version: DirectX 11

Note: GHz is bad i know but if i can play the first campaign of arma without any problems, then my GHz will probably not be the problem.

I hope to get some help cause after i play those campaign i make my own sequels :P so i really want to play the campaign.

Friendly greetings: SparkZ

Edited by SparkZ

Are you running any mods of any sort upon playing the campaign? or are you just running vanilla Arma 3?

(also, not really important, but what is your frame rate in both the first campaign and the new one?).

I got the DayZ mod installed on arma 3, with Chernarus. I actually played it one time and didn't played it after. My framerate on the first campaign was around 30, sometimes it dropped to 23 but i can play with that, on the second campaign i got 25 fps also. But i just forgot where i've put the DayZ mod xd

I got the DayZ mod installed on arma 3, with Chernarus. I actually played it one time and didn't played it after. My framerate on the first campaign was around 30, sometimes it dropped to 23 but i can play with that, on the second campaign i got 25 fps also. But i just forgot where i've put the DayZ mod xd

Remove the mods, just take them out of Arma 3's directory or wherever you have them installed and put them in a separate folder altogether. The Campaign, for whatever reason disallows the use of mods of any sort, gives you script errors and just doesn't let you play the campaign at all. This could be the main cause as to why you're able to play at some points, but on others you either lag a lot or you're not able to play at all.

Also, in Documents > Arma 3, there is a Arma3.Cfg file, delete that as well as it loads the mods upon booting up the game. (don't worry, the file will replace itself as soon as you boot the game) It creates a new .Cfg, completely clean of any mods and potential errors. Lastly, upon deleting this file it will change a few graphical options when you boot up the game. I believe it re-enables Vsync, HDR and PIP if you previously had them disabled or on low, so change them as you see fit.

I just tried the Campaign with mods installed because I've seen multiple threads saying you get script errors and in general a lot of issues like your game crashing. Upon doing this, I got script errors whenever I died or had to restart a part in the campaign, therefore it basically broke the "autosave" function and the only way you're able to play the Campaign with mods is if you completely restart the mission you are on entirely (which is a pain).

So, try out the aforementioned suggestions and give it a go. Fresh vanilla Arma 3, no mods and a fresh new Arma3.Cfg.

I deleted the mod, reinstalled Arma 3 either, tried to play but it still crashed. What i forgot to do is to delete the CFG file, what your telling me that the "autosafe" function is broken, maybe that's the case because it ony crashes at one point. But i got past the second checkpoint turning visability and resolution down, but after the third checkpoint it crashes even with the lowest resolution and visabilty. So idk if it's the autosafe as in the start of the mission all autosafes worked well. I now deleted the CFG file and i will reboot arma 3 and see if it works, i'll keep you updated

I deleted the mod, reinstalled Arma 3 either, tried to play but it still crashed. What i forgot to do is to delete the CFG file, what your telling me that the "autosafe" function is broken, maybe that's the case because it ony crashes at one point. But i got past the second checkpoint turning visability and resolution down, but after the third checkpoint it crashes even with the lowest resolution and visabilty. So idk if it's the autosafe as in the start of the mission all autosafes worked well. I now deleted the CFG file and i will reboot arma 3 and see if it works, i'll keep you updated

The Autosave function is only broken when you have mods enabled, other than that it should work. But like I said, mods loaded are loaded through the .Cfg, so there may be potential errors with certain mods, especially when there was the newest patch which was the "adapt" campaign. Whenever there is a new patch, some mods may become broken and cause issues that you're unaware of.

this time when i resumed my last save i got a little bit further where it normally crashes. The objective "Assist Miller" appeared and 10 meters further where i had to turn right it crashes again...i'm out of patience :/

Have you tried verifying the integrity of the game cache? Maybe when you downloaded the Adapt campaign there was an error and you may be missing a file.

but i reinstalled arma but kept my save files, so i don't think that's the problem or the installation installed it incorrectly twice, but i doubt steam would do that

Please anyone else got a solution? :/ i really wanna play the campaign man

I'm actually getting the same sort of issue but it doesn't seem to always happen at exactly the same point, or even the same mission. I've had crash to desktop occurring randomly while playing through Signal Lost, and Common Enemy.

I've tried verifying integrity of the game via steam, and lowering the graphics settings all the way down to the lowest setting but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

I don't have any mods of any kind installed, just vanilla ArmA 3.

Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z77

Processor: Intel Core i7-3770K

Graphics cards: nVidia GTX580 - GeForce 332.21 driver version

Ram: 8 GB

Sound: Sound Blaster Recon3D - Driver version 1.1.49

DirectX version: DirectX 11

HDD: WD black 2TB with 925 free

Edited by Engioc

Well yeh me too, i've made my own mission in night time and it crashes even...it only crashes at night times btw. I don't know what to do...you can tell me my pc can't run arma 3 but please, i'm playing it from the beginning of the game, i even played the lite alpha version until now, didn't have any crashes until now, the second campaign., there has to be a solution for this...please help, im hopeless

---------- Post added at 20:45 ---------- Previous post was at 20:43 ----------

Engioc if you crash on daytime it isn't your pc that's the problem cause my specs are less good then yours and i can run daytime missions without a problem. So it isn't our pc, but still something else. I'm trying to figure it out even in the game file, can't find anything...

Hi SparkZ, yeah for me its crashing during the day, as well as at night. Time of day seems to make no difference. Before Adapt was released it was very stable for me, its only started doing this since Adapt. I note if I now try to go back and redo missions from Survive I'm also getting random crashes, when I originally played through Survive it never crashed even once.

Yeh i've red if you crash on night time missions your graphic card driver crashes due to overheat. If that's the problem you can solve it by buying a cooling pad (if you have a laptop) you can place it under your laptop and your graphic cards will be cooled while playing, that's one solution. If that doesn't solve it, we can keep looking for another one. But me? I'm going to buy a laptop cooling pad, i think that's my problem cause night time missions are heavier for your graphic cards cause of the lightning changes. But it's weird that you have better specs than me and you crash at daytime too...anyway, try to buy a cooling pad, doesn't cost too much. In Europe it's like €15. Not that much.

I tried to play Adapt campaign today and I have the same problem in the second mission, I haven't tried any other night missions yet, but it didn't happen before (well, I haven't played it for some 1,5 month so I don't know when it started). In fact, the game has never crashed for me before and I've been playing since the early alpha, so it is kinda disappointing now.

Either for me KidB, i always make sequels in the editor if i'm done playing the campaign wich is very fucking fun. But now the second campaign takes away the fun for me...playing damn team fortress 2 now...

Now the third episode's out for Arma and my goddamn problem isnt still fixed, does anyone know how to prevent your game from crashing during night missions? Please...i really want to play arma 3 so bad :o you cant believe...me want solution :( for the one who got a working solution for me i'l be so gratefull...so thankfull...

I am having a lot of lag in first module of the campaign too...

I had already play it and I can assure you never had such problem.

I'll try to remove all the mod although i am quite doubtfull it could work

I want an answer...there HAS to be a solution for that...don't just ignore this thread --"