TSAndrey

Bingo Fuel is impossible?

Hello friends. Like you guys Iam also a great fan of Arma 3. I see, some have difficulties in completing the bingo fuel mission. The prior problems are too high enemy profile and the dusk time. I have brought solutions to these. As i don't want to destroy the interests of the first time players i will not give the mission guide. I will tell you how to get NVGs for yourself and your men. Before starting the Adapt campaign missions of GORI, try to complete the scouting missions. Here i have listed some, from which you will get valuable equipment. 1. Illegal weapons 2. CSAT enemy checkpoint 3. Elite warriors 4. One shot One kill 5. Reconnaissance. Grab all NVGs you get by killing enemies and carry them to your camp. They will be saved in armory. So, when you are briefed about Bingo Fuel mission, go for rearming, take a bag, and put seven NVGs in the bag. Don't forget to take your own, Total 8, one yours and 7 for your men. Then start the mission. When mission has started, before starting any moves, put your men on halt, then move near the doctor, access his bag and put the NVGs in his bag upto full. Then for the doctor, open his inventory from the team menu in the map, and transfer one NV to his headmount. For others, order your men to move close to the doctor, select the man and press 6 and select open the bag of the doc. Remember do not order him to drop his bag if he has any. This will open the doc's bag and the man's inventory. Then transfer the NVG from bag to his headmount.

NOTE - This procedure will only work in ARMA 3 APEX edition because your loot is saved in this edition. You can take bag from the big green crate in the armory of the GORI camp.

HINT - Use a ATV or Quadbike when you go on scouting. You can put equipment in its inventory. Hide it properly before opening fire. If enemies see it they might shoot it and it will explode if shot at.

As much as I hate it, this mission must be one of the best missions made so far in any arma campaign. It`s not cheatable, it isn`t routinely "gameable". It`s an evil bastard trying to kill you at every opportunity. It never feels unfair, or like the ai is doing it`s usual cheaty terminator crap. It`s one of the very few missions where I`ve felt like I`m properly part of a mission that will die when I do the wrong thing (which is just about anything I do so far).

Never got past it yet, and I`m still trying. I`d have endmissioned long ago like some of the previous missions in campaigns that (due to updates, etc) just don`t work anymore, but this one just feels like it can be done given a bit of luck.

If it was Jezuro that did this mission, somebody please give him the next campaign, or at least let him remake the awful Apex campaign.

• Like 3

Now, I see that many players do not have the apex edition of ARMA 3. So there is a solution to get NVGs in bingo fuel mission in the older versions. This is really possible because it did it myself on the version 1.4. So lets start with. Forget all scouting for now but it will reward you with nice RCO and ARCO scopes, your choice. So the first mission of GORI is BREAKING EVEN. You need to do this otherwise BINGO FUEL will start in evening with enough light. This is no good. It should be at night. So, in the BREAKING EVEN mission, as you go on killing enemies, go on grabbing their NVGs. If you don't have a bag, then take it from an AT soldier's body. You must empty it first. Take at least 8 NVGs and put them in the bag. Well, the Breaking Even mission is very quick, so you have to do this fast. Use the time when KAPPA'S Truck is getting to the base. Remember, the mechanized unit will not come to Frini until you kill the mortar, hence use this time. When all collected, then complete the Breaking Even mission. Now you will come back to GORI. It starts from here. Now do not go for briefing. You will see 2 offroads parked in the camp, one near  the gate and second a little bit inside. Move to it, open its inventory and put all the collected NVGs in it. Then go for briefing for BINGO FUEL. After briefing is done, their will be auto rearming and you will have a bag by default. Empty the bag by removing all crap items like chemlights, smoke shells etc. The go to that offroad and collect back your NVGs to the bag. Then start the mission. I recommend, do not mount your own NVG in the camp. Put it in your headmount inventory when mission has started. Then you can give those NVGs to your men by the same procedure that i have mentioned in the earlier post. Good Luck.

NOTE - You will face 2 armed vehicles in BREAKING EVEN mission, so you may need the AT missiles and a PMCL launcher from an AT soldier's body. So do this wisely.

HINT - The BINGO FUEL mission will use real life special forces tactics for moving undetected through enemy stronghold, so use your brains. You may face it difficult at first but as you get killed, you will understand that what should not be done. My opinion, do not engage enemy armor. You can dodge or evade them easily. This mission is really easy if you do not alert the enemy. 

1. The cistern parked at the AAF factory complex is empty, do not raid the complex. go their alone, preserve lives of your men, station them in the jungle near the complex and order them to hold fire and hit the dirt. Do not engage the helicopter. Try not to put your men in combat mode, this will slow their movement.

2. Keep yourself and your men away from any roads to stay undetected. If you want your men to have suppressors in this mission, complete at least the 5 scouting missions that i have mentioned in the earlier post.

3 Try to keep your men alive till the end when you are about to reach the CSAT fuel truck at the second AO.

4. Try to keep NVGs in the doc's bag in the same sequence as you join with other men, i.e first 3, then 2 and then last 2. This is because if somehow any of your men get killed on the way before joining with the teams, then you won't have to collect the NVGs from their bodies. Further this will suite the storage capacity of the doc's bag.

Now, I see that many players do not have the apex edition of ARMA 3. So there is a solution to get NVGs in bingo fuel mission in the older versions. This is really possible because it did it myself on the version 1.4. So lets start with. Forget all scouting for now but it will reward you with nice RCO and ARCO scopes, your choice. So the first mission of GORI is BREAKING EVEN. You need to do this otherwise BINGO FUEL will start in evening with enough light. This is no good. It should be at night. So, in the BREAKING EVEN mission, as you go on killing enemies, go on grabbing their NVGs. If you don't have a bag, then take it from an AT soldier's body. You must empty it first. Take at least 8 NVGs and put them in the bag. Well, the Breaking Even mission is very quick, so you have to do this fast. Use the time when KAPPA'S Truck is getting to the base. Remember, the mechanized unit will not come to Frini until you kill the mortar, hence use this time. When all collected, then complete the Breaking Even mission. Now you will come back to GORI. It starts from here. Now do not go for briefing. You will see 2 offroads parked in the camp, one near  the gate and second a little bit inside. Move to it, open its inventory and put all the collected NVGs in it. Then go for briefing for BINGO FUEL. After briefing is done, their will be auto rearming and you will have a bag by default. Empty the bag by removing all crap items like chemlights, smoke shells etc. The go to that offroad and collect back your NVGs to the bag. Then start the mission. I recommend, do not mount your own NVG in the camp. Put it in your headmount inventory when mission has started. Then you can give those NVGs to your men by the same procedure that i have mentioned in the earlier post. Good Luck.

NOTE - You will face 2 armed vehicles in BREAKING EVEN mission, so you may need the AT missiles and a PMCL launcher from an AT soldier's body. So do this wisely.

HINT - The BINGO FUEL mission will use real life special forces tactics for moving undetected through enemy stronghold, so use your brains. You may face it difficult at first but as you get killed, you will understand that what should not be done. My opinion, do engage enemy armor. You can dodge or evade them easily. This mission is really easy if you do not alert the enemy. 

1. The cistern parked at the AAF factory complex is empty, do not raid the complex. go their alone, preserve lives of your men, station them in the jungle near the complex and order them to hold fire and hit the dirt. Do not engage the helicopter. Try not to put your men in combat mode, this will slow their movement.

2. Keep yourself and your men away from any roads to stay undetected. If you want your men to have suppressors in this mission, complete at least the 5 scouting missions that i have mentioned in the earlier post.

3 Try to keep your men alive till the end when you are about to reach the CSAT fuel truck at the second AO.

4. Try to keep NVGs in the doc's bag in the same sequence as you join with other men, i.e first 3, then 2 and then last 2. This is because if somehow any of your men get killed on the way before joining with the teams, then you won't have to collect the NVGs from their bodies. Further this will suite the storage capacity of the doc's bag.

Nice one, but it seems quite complicated.

The tank version works much better ;)

Plus, you will be able to achieve both objectives :P

Hi, friends. In my latest post, by mistake i wrote "my opinion, do engage enemy armor" , i have corrected it " do not engage enemy armor".

Yes, i surely agree. The process of getting night visions is quiet complicated, but this is the best way you could get it. I have not tried to steal a tank ever because i play it like real life but if you can do this, then good. But what i think that you may loose 1 or 2 of your men while doing this and further, other than a tank, there are many more armored vehicles in the vicinity. They may engage you. The APCs have GMG grenade launchers that i really hate. They almost destroy everything. Also once they get alert and see you, they may also engage you when you are driving that second fuel truck to the hideout. But at the end of the day its your choice. After all, its just a game. All you need to proceed is complete the mission anyhow. But you know, when it is quite in the dark and suddenly the armor starts firing then i almost get a heart attack. But as you are saying, now i will try to steal a tank. This will be a whole new experience. Please wish me luck.

If you follow stealth way of mission execution, then you will not be engaged ever by any armor, even when you are driving that second fuel truck back to the safehouse by road.

HINT - For new players i want to inform that in BINGO FUEL, when you have crossed the main road and moving to link up with the second team at the junk yard, do not go uphill. There is a 2 or 3 men AAF patrol there on the slope of the hill and they might engage you.

Important tips for BINGO FUEL mission when you are on foot.

1. Use cover of woods or jungle while moving.

2. Put your men on hold fire as long as possible until you reach the CSAT fuel truck parking zone.

3. Always complete BREAKING EVEN mission before BINGO FUEL, so it will start at night.

4. Cross the roads by fast sprinting.

5. Go to crouch and order your men to do so when near any enemy position.

6. Don't engage the helicopter and enemy armor.

7. There are about 10 men CSAT man power in the second AO, so try linking with your scattered teams.

8. While moving to the second fuel truck, use the eastern side of the AAF factory complex and don't go through the western side, because the western side is under thorough patrols and also too much open and heavily guarded.

9. When you reach the second AO, just don't go rushing in. Use KAPPA's support. They will take care of the armed ifrits in the complex and further they will come in and help to neutralize some enemies.

• Like 2

As much as I hate it, this mission must be one of the best missions made so far in any arma campaign. It`s not cheatable, it isn`t routinely "gameable". It`s an evil bastard trying to kill you at every opportunity. It never feels unfair, or like the ai is doing it`s usual cheaty terminator crap. It`s one of the very few missions where I`ve felt like I`m properly part of a mission that will die when I do the wrong thing (which is just about anything I do so far).

Never got past it yet, and I`m still trying. I`d have endmissioned long ago like some of the previous missions in campaigns that (due to updates, etc) just don`t work anymore, but this one just feels like it can be done given a bit of luck.

If it was Jezuro that did this mission, somebody please give him the next campaign, or at least let him remake the awful Apex campaign.

Agreed. One of the best calibrated missions that really makes you think (over and over and over) how to best approach it every time you fail. Compelling, not a chore. Please more of this BI.

• Like 2

Well, I need some advice from you guys. You know, if somebody has done, we get the NIGHTSTALKER scope when we complete the mysterious cache scouting mission and i could use it only for one mission that is BEYOND RECOGNITION. Can somebody please tell me that can we get this scope earlier in the game and if yes, then from where ?

Hey guys, you won't believe i have found one more way to provide NVGs to your men in the BINGO FUEL mission. But just note down that this will only work for those 3 men that are initially with you in the mission. For the next 4 use the older way that i mentioned in earlier posts. Further, either you carry NVGs with you after briefing or they must be present in your camp's armory. Try putting NVGs in the armory when the briefing and rearming has ended and before you assemble. So, after moving to the assembly the mission loads and after loading, the map initially opens to tell you about the situation and you have to press continue to start the mission. Now before clicking on continue, open the team menu in the map. Here you will see your team. You can also access their inventory. Now there are two options,

1. If the NVGs are in camp's armory, then one by one open inventory of each men, on the left side you will see weapons and equipment pool of your camp and on the right the man's inventory. Just transfer 1 NVG to each man's headmount & do it for you too.

2. Or if you have carried the 7 other NVGs with you in your bag, then at first you have to transfer 3 NVGs to that pool before you transfer them to your partners. I wrote 3 because you can do this only for the 3 men that initially came with you. This goes the same way. In the map, open team menu, then open your inventory by selecting your name, left side will be weapons pool. Just transfer the 3 NVGs from your bag to the pool. Then do as mentioned in option 1.

NOTE - This can only be done in the map that has initially opened to tell you the situation and you have to click on continue to start the mission.

I just rolled through the mission in my cosy Kuma MBT.

envy that, i try literary DAYS to get them...no friggn Chance. i was plain to dumb to shoot of the Crew properly.

/€: to the guy abouvr me. Why don't use the enemys gear? take out all enemys in the Town you should have enougth gear for all what you want inkl some rockets.

Getting the Kuma makes the mission a lot easier - plus you can achieve both situations

killing the HVT and delivering the fuel to the FIA

(even if it has no consequences whatsoever on the next mission).

The mission sucks in general and I remember replaying as many times as clean sweep, just not for the same reasons. 

• Like 1

Spatsiba: Yeah, the mission IS hard if you play it like the devs have plan it. The Kuma there will be a real pain in the arse. and the Chopper also, not to mention all the gorgons and Moras around the town. But if you break the rule the mission is quite easy.

I actually discover that BIS may have change some important details on the missions.

In fact i was early this Week able to finish this Mission with the Kuma and a Mora. both 100% health.

So here in my opinion the way with the best possible outcome:

due to the fact that the repair Truck on the right hill finally work (what it wasn't the case in the earlier playthroughs) you are now able to capture the Kuma and with that thing you are imba in nearly all situations.

all my earlier playthrougth failed to the fact that i wasn't able to damaged the Kuma so far that it don't cooked out and i can use them further. with the truck instead i can now repair the kuma an go nuts on my enemys. 

So i shoot the Tank from behind (only engine get destroyed and crew immediately exit) kill the crew. Go up the right hill. crouching behind the mora and plant a explosive behind it (NOT a satchel)
the dmg should be not enough to kill the mora but exit the crew also.
Crouch (!) back, touch off the explosive, get in the Truck and drive back to the Kuma. Repair it, get two teammates and clear all hostiles in Sight of this part of the map. Then get the truck up to the hill and repair the Mora. Grab the mora and collect all of your Teams in the area. sweep the whole town for enemy up to the strider post then go up to the hill and kill the other moras on the edges of the AoO(two so far i remember) then kill the guards at the cistern. Be careful they have AT. then go to the next strider behind the depot and kill all in sight, be careful, especially there, because at the Dam (somewhere south of you pos) are a AT patrol and a strider that will shoot at you for certain. Then you can decided to go to the building site and clear the CSAT or pick up the empty cistern truck and go to the building site anyway.

Place the Mora on the Road to the Airport behind the Hilltop right next to the Strider spot as Fail safe for the following part.

Go to the Building side and enter the Fuel truck. Don't wait for the scripting part in that miller will annoy you to hand over the Truck to him.

Instead exit the Fuel truck, get in the Kuma and go fast as you can on the hill top between millers hand over point and the City and look at the Airport. you will found three vehicles. two gorgons and one ilfrit. Shoot the ilfrit and and miller will be pleased, you should also shoot the gorgons, because the will come and pestering you. then get all your guys to the factory. At this point i have to made some driving because YOU have to drive in the fuel truck to the factory to complete the mission. If you prepare it right you will already have an empty car there and switch from the tank to the car, get the fuel truck and complete the mission with Kuma, Mora and all comrade at the factory.

The tank version works much better ;)

Plus, you will be able to achieve both objectives :P

You can achieve all objectives using the old-fashioned, infantry-only method as well, although that is obviously the much more difficult option.  I had only done it that way until today.  When I delivered the full cistern at the end today after nailing the convoy, I had a Kuma, Strider (stolen from base with empty cistern), and the repair truck in convoy, and my team had only taken one casualty!  B) :)

Achieving all objectives (including nailing high-value target) using both methods is an awesome bonus to the campaign. 

• Like 2

Well guys I used a trainer even after that I became a little easy but while going and getting the other truck was hard for me because my offroad would blow up by
Enemies. After stealing the truck i chose to kill him by my own but after blowing them up my truck was also blown

Just finished the mission, was quite hard, but I loved every second of it! ;)

I brought along a NVS (night vision scope 5x) which I took from an enemy sniper in the side mission "Elite Warriors". ^^

In "Bingo Fuel" I destroyed 2 Striders (HMG) and a tank with PCML missiles, moving from "empty cystern" to "full cystern" with a captured Strider...;)

At the last objective 2 of my men died....but I captured an Ifrit (HMG)! xD

(when you flip them on the roof the men inside will bail out)

...after that I brought the fuel truck to my FIA buddies.....will revisted the mission later and try to bring it to Miller instead... ;)

.....will revisted the mission later and try to bring it to Miller instead... ;)

I'd suggest doing both by delivering the cistern to FIA and taking out the officer using ATs or explosives.