TSAndrey

Bingo Fuel is impossible?

Oh and for the fun I didn't use NVG for the whole time. It was a really atmospheric experience for me..

Problem is that if you get this mission in the day (like I did) it gets a lot harder. And much less atmospheric.

In the end I found this particular mission boring as hell, and the fact that my Ai again refused to move because they saw an APC in the distance and went into danger mode made it an exercise in fruatration again.

Please, devs, add some way to stop bounding overwatch of ai even if they are in combat. Sometimes, a speedy retreat is necessary, but the AI NEVER listens and keeps on fighting.

The game is just better over all period without NVG's as far as Im concerned. If I wanted to spend hours hours in green I'd go back to Wizardry or Oregon Trail on my Apple IIe. Varanon I heard that bug was fixed but have yet to retry that mission as my 5 month prison sentence just doesnt give me enough time.

Overall mission is brilliant and insane frustration/exhaustion all wrapped in one.

• Like 2

I actually did this mission two times. First time did it at night without NVG and it took me above some 100 returns until I realized the only way is to blindly run into the cistern area and clean it by myself - the only way not to being threatened in the open field and losing any men (and actually see something). Now it's probably going to be almost equally high number, because I got this mission at day, so I always got spotted by one of the two apcs patrolling the area or the other guys. No matter the direction I went. Doing it aggressive way helped - mining the road and using the cannon in damaged vehicle.

Kappa weren't helping in the end as well. They simply disappeared, so I had to rely on myself and 4 guys of mine when clearing the factory :(

And now after I delivered the cistern to Miller's guy (he left it 100 metres from the base and went on foot) and went back to 'help' a a teammate who got stuck in some house in the town, I got message about unsuccesful operation and that I have to kill some important target myself? What target? Where? I went to the convoy road first, there were three cars ahead so I went through fields back to the starting position, but I was late and got killed (with no chance to be more quick). Four or five more times there was no such convoy and I can't finish the mission it seems.

So - what to do now? If I'll have to repeat the whole mission again, I'll uninstall the game. Gave it two tries, trying it more times is useless. So bugged.. Flashpoint used to be so great.. arma is not. :(

It is not bugged, just difficult.  I have played through at least 4 times, all at night.  Kappa does help, nailing enemy Ifrit and usually entering construction site to help in the attack.  If they don't nail the Ifrit, you can revert to last autosave until they do.  Killing high-value target in convoy is optional, and works perfectly.  Returning cistern to Miller also works.  I suggest you keep trying.

It is not bugged, just difficult.  I have played through at least 4 times, all at night.  Kappa does help, nailing enemy Ifrit and usually entering construction site to help in the attack.  If they don't nail the Ifrit, you can revert to last autosave until they do.  Killing high-value target in convoy is optional, and works perfectly.  Returning cistern to Miller also works.  I suggest you keep trying.

I know it works - sometimes.. Kappa helped me around 90%, in about 15-20%, they were even able to 'kill' Ifrit before it moved out of sight inside the base (in 10% my AT man did it). And returning the cistern to Miller may work, but not in my game and there are no saves I could use. And I don't want to use endmission as well, because noone really clarified yet what would that bring to me. Returning back on the start is not an option, either.

So I'd like to know, if there's still some way how can I complete the mission or where can I get save which would bring me to the next mission (with +-1/2 half of the sidequests completed). There are no other options for me.

The biggest issue with this mission is that it throws a ton of new stuff at you and expects you to be instantly proficient in it.  It's Arma's greatest sin distilled into mission form. 

• Like 1

The first time I played it I quickly became impatient with the first tank and APC and just entered the endMission cheat. A couple of days ago, after being more experienced, I played it again and managed to, quite easily, win this mission. My only complaint would be that I spent most of the time soloing it because my initial team got wiped out by a Gorgon while crossing a street to the first cistern, and Kappa... I don't know about Kappa. They fired a rocket, I'm assuming it hit the Ifrit, but they never really moved in to the construction site, I took it by myself, again.

The game is just better over all period without NVG's as far as Im concerned. If I wanted to spend hours hours in green I'd go back to Wizardry or Oregon Trail on my Apple IIe. 

This is exactly how I feel about NVG. It's like watching a modern movie in black & white.

Bingo Fuel certainly is one of the best missions in A3. Just finished it again, this time at day. Did a few things different this time as well.... In the end I've finished the mission with 1 Gorgon, 1 Mora, 1 Strider (GMG), 1 Repair Truck, 1 Kamysh and at last 1 Fuel Truck. Sadly I only had enough men to use the Gorgon, Strider and Mora. Each vehicle got 1 driver and 1 gunner- I could have taken one more, but because of whatever reason, one of the optional soldiers died before I could get to them. So I had one soldier left who took the repair truck and in the end the fuel truck. The Kamysh was just for show, as I've taken out the main threats already when I finally captured it.

All I needed for that was 1 explosive charge and 1 Alamut AT rocket. After that everything got a lot easier / faster.

mOfQDV.jpg 2IvXt2.jpg

It's most fun and it pains me a lot that none of the vehicles will carry over to future missions. Have to say, this element is one of the few things I really liked in OFP: Resistance... Capture stuff and keep it for the future (the later missions had been a pain, though. I think I've never finished that one).

Steal the tank and you won't even need all of them ^^

Yeah, but I don't like the tank. :>

• Like 1

Driving can be boring... try walking instead. :P

Actually, I feel like I've ignored vehicles in the campaign way too much before. I don't know why- maybe the game wasn't making it clear enough to me that life can be easier with *not* walking everywhere. Prominent example would be Exit Strategy- I always walked, this time I thought "why?" and just took the damn Ifrit from the CSAT soldiers that arrive right at the beginning. Preventive Diplomacy is another example (not that you really have to drive here)- up until now I never realized the cars are unlocked. Did this change over time?

Anyway, long story short... I'd like more wide, open missions where I can steal tanks and stuff. :>

Anyway, long story short... I'd like more wide, open missions where I can steal tanks and stuff. :>

I agree.  I used captured Ifrit in Exit Strategy, and used AAF truck to transport troops in Preventive Diplomacy.  But I never went near town with all the tanks and IFVs in Bingo Fuel, always walked stealthily to first base with cistern.  Given the damn AAF IFV planted on the hill in overwatch position between first base and construction site, capturing your own armor is a wise alternative that I'd like to try sometime.  It would also be awesome fun to wipe out convoy with high-value target using a tank or Kamysh!  With captured armor, the mission would be a snap compared to the bone-crunching, agonizing nightmare it is without them.

It's already 6 months I cannot complete this mission :D The denouement of ArmA III campaign will remain forever a mystery for me, courtesy of Bingo Fuel.

It's already 6 months I cannot complete this mission :D The denouement of ArmA III campaign will remain forever a mystery for me, courtesy of Bingo Fuel.

You can still skip the mission by using codes if it's too hard for you :)

Just a wild guess, but maybe you fail to... adapt? :>

• Like 2

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's already 6 months I cannot complete this mission :D The denouement of ArmA III campaign will remain forever a mystery for me, courtesy of Bingo Fuel.

Did you try it at night? Should be easier.

ROFL, you got me :D 6 months is a decent adaptation time. Just give me a chance.

What campaign is this please? I'm looking forward to this one …

BIS , please take the guy who made this mission and put him in charge of future missions.

• Like 2

If the mission files are correct, Jezuro made Bingo Fuel. He also worked on Exit Strategy, as well as on Supply Network and Air Superiority. I mean, I would expect the missions to be a team effort, but at least his name can be found in all of these description.ext files.

• Like 1

Well, since these are the most shining missions in the entire campaign, that only reaffirms that Jezuro is our hero, especially in the sad days of BIS releasing missions in the level of the ones in Apex Protocols. I guess he has nothing to do with that...

• Like 1