TSAndrey

Bingo Fuel is impossible?

Finished this yesterday... got Kappa to attack the compound. Hid in a building next to the fuel truck and killed a couple of guards.. Kappa distracted or killed the others.

Ran to truck and got out of Dodge, lol!

It was tough but not impossible.

BUT, I can't seem to finish the mission. I gave the full truck to Miller and then returned to base but nothing ends? Is there a way to end this thing?

I thought it was a great mission, and I did it without using tanks (didn't know there was a repair truck somewhere!). There is AA vehicle or a IFV on top of a hill you have to destroy with some at launcher before taking the real truck.

More missions like this one, BIS.

Edited by Turin Turambar

I thought it was a great mission, and I did it without using tanks (didn't knew there was a repair truck somewhere!).

Same here, and I do recommend not to use capture armoured assets on this mission. It simply misses the whole point, and I'm certain it's less fun and less intense with vehicles. It's almost like cheating and frankly, I think they had better been locked by the mission designer.

More missions like this one, BIS.

Yes please!

Edited by Variable

I didn't destroy the AFV on the hill, just approached the base and killed all the occupants... :)

Then took the truck.

I finished the whole mission with just the 4 starting guys and nothing more. Mainly using stealth, avoiding APCs ( I haven't met any helo ), and organizing my team. It was pretty funny, it took me one hour and a bit more to beat it. BTW I played at daylight.

The only "tricky" part was to blow up the MRAPs, but I stole an enemy RPG and enjoyed it.

Later I realized that I could had ask the other teammates that were observing to join my team, also to stole a tank or an APC...

It was a tough mission, but from what OP told me, it seems like its just bad luck.

As far as I know, enemy units does not spawn in the same location all the time and the same units does not spawn either. More than that, units roam around for free. This means that if you're just unlucky.

I remember that in one mission in Cold War Crisis you were supposed to attack and then hold a base. There was like 10% chance that you would have to defend the town from an APC.. and that made it harder

Bingo Fuel was extremely difficult on Veteran, as it was at night for me, with no NVG until I finally picked one up from a dead CSAT very late in mission on construction site. After hooking up with two other squads, we got to first base undetected with no shots fired, approached from west (mistake, should have come in from high ground on E/SE). Several mates were killed in this assault. I would have scrounged more equipment at this base, but AFV and more enemy were around and firing at us, so we had to get out of Dodge fast. I had two guys board technical with MG, but it was low on fuel, so I said to hell with it and had everybody get in Zamak and headed toward second cistern at construction site. Halfway there, a chopper nailed our truck, killing two more guys. We (me + 3 guys) went rest of way on foot in the pitch black.

At last autosave, I ordered other squad in Alikampos to attack construction site along with us. After a while, they took out an AFV of some kind on road N of site. Only saw one guy from that squad once on the site, all other times they were ineffective and played no part in securing site AFAIK. With no NVG and only medium-range NCOG optics, nailing the ~10 guys on the site was incredibly tough, as most CSAT had NVG. After many times entering site from SW, resulting only in death, I resorted to entering site directly from NW as that way afforded best clear LOS down street to enemies near cistern. After many attempts, finally saved game after killing off about ~6 enemy. Then took NVG from dead CSAT, after which things were simpler, but with only one mate, still tough. Prone sniper at SE end of site was brutal and took me out many times, finally got him by circling around to SW and creeping towards him. Finally got in cistern with one mate and dropped truck off with Miller's man, then went on foot to hideout. During this hike, we came upon unseen enemies in the bush who attacked us, but I guess my mate took him/them out. In the distance, I saw explosions and burning vehicles, so I guess Miller's guy used the cistern to blow up the convoy of the high-value target. Me or my team never engaged any enemy vehicles. I saw a Strider at first base, but avoided it.

It is cool how much variability there is in this mission for people. It's a bummer not knowing that it is a night mission with stealth elements before going in. I would have chosen a suppressor, and made more of an effort at start to get NVG. Obviously, a night scope would have done wonders, as would a sniper rifle, but Heaven only knows where I could have got them. Choosing the right weapon and kit before mission is key, but one has little idea what one is getting into when the campaign is being played the first time. The wrong kit causes severe anxiety and casualties during the mission, and makes it very difficult.

Edited by OMAC

Just finished this one. Gave me a couple of grey hairs. Veteran. Night. Friendly AI is fucking unbearable. Why is it so fucking squint-eyed??? 7 of them can't kill 2 soldiers 50 metres away, so those two massacred my whole team and GMG MRAP finished me. It's a fifth restart. I'm going to forums and say all I think about this stupid ass game. Oh wait. It's night. And every single one of those green fuckers got NVG's, that's the case!!! Ok, restart again. Got around a base in stealth mode and entered it from the west. Told my squad to wait here and returned to south-east where there are two guys patrolling and another two guarding an MRAP. Killed all of them with a single grenade. Now I have a NVG, ho ho ho! And PCML. Ran to the fuel truck, started the script and under heavy fire from south patrol went to my squad. Go, go, go, idiots, we're outta here. When attackers lost us, we went to the second base, and with the help of Kappa just mowed down, FUCKING MOWED DOWN those fuckers. And then calmly went to the rendezvous point in a fuel truck. Fuck Miller. I don't like him for some reason. He's somewhat slimy. Maybe because every mission under his command ends up in total clusterfuck. Awesome mission, best one so far. Although Friendly AI IS unbearable :cool:.

While the mission is not that difficult if you know what to expect, it's impossible for anyone but an arma veteran to finish this mission on first try. Also, the mission has more than 2 endings.

IMO the best thing to do is to leave your squad at the junkyard where you meet a group of friendlies, ninja your way to the first truck and regroup with them. When assaulting the second location, call in team kappa and move in with your squad, but if you want to get the best ending for this mission, be careful with your squad-mates as you will need them for the ambush ;). Seizing the second truck will be fairly easy as kappa does most of the work for you. You may want to loot an AT launcher and NVG from dead OPFOR on your way out.

Now that you have the truck you can a)give the truck to the rebels b) hand it over to mr. smugface ...or c) you can be a total badass :cool:. If option C seems the most appealing to you (I know it does) then leave the truck in the town where kappa was waiting for you and go to the convoy route. Avoid following the road as it is guarded by an APC. Once you reach the highway, find a good spot for your team, place an explosive charge on the road and hide in a different spot than you placed your team in. Wait for the convoy (it takes a while so speed up the time) to arrive at your ambush site and blow up the c4.

If you have a launcher then blow up the MRAP and scram. If you don't have one (don't count on the AT soldier in your squad, for some reason he doesn't seem to want to fire at any of the vehicles in the convoy), make sure you blow up the charge directly under the MRAP. Don't peek out of cover yet, wait for the convoy to target your squad. I know it's cruel, but you will need the time it will buy you. After a while the officer should leave his damaged vehicle. Shoot him and run like hell. On your way back Kerry will call Miller to report his badassness and will be verbally patted on the head in return. Now get the truck to the rebels and you get both the brits and slingshot happy.

A tough mission to be sure but I was coping! That is until I ran into the same issue as the OP. Damned APC totally damaged the CSAT fuel truck. Kerry jumped out and that instant the game autosaved and some new objective started coming in. In the following second the fuel truck exploded killing Kerry, any attempt to reload the game simply lasts for a second before Kerry is killed again, all that effort, wasted! So I either restart mission or skip it, which is a bitch because I'd managed to get my first set of NVs to make the bloody night missions bareable! If only Arma didn't overwrite the autosaves!

Edited by .Taffy

This mission at the beginning nearly wrecked my nerves because the AI on my side was so stupid (AT soldier does not want to shoot and stuff).

Played at daylight, got a sniper and AT missiles myself. Then I gathered the first team and went to the north so that I had a good shooting position on the FV-720 Mora IFV on the hill to the west. I disabled it with one shot in order to keep the cannon alive then sniped the AI there. Now there seems to be scripted AI (or maybe the chopper sees them?) to move to the place with those last two teammates and they will almost certainly be killed. Also sometimes a vehicle will come and try to kill you once you shot the IFV on the hill - so I took it out too. Now I got into the IFV on the hill and killed everything in the compound/city with the MG. (Well later after reading the forums I realized that the truck was a repair truck but during the mission it was ok with a stationary cannon). After that I simply moved to the compound and got one MRAP (strider) that was just standing there without crew.

Now to clear the second city I simply used that MRAP and ran over all those soldiers :>

I cant remember how many soldiers you get, like 6 or something. Well, all but two died to first enemy soldier spotted. This is generally true for any engagement I'm involved in with friendly AI. 4 Friendlies required to kill 1 enemy. My KD-ratio is always 10 to 1, be it coop or SP.

So it was just me +2 vs the rest.

The other 2 died at the compound up the hill(early). So last armor and camp I had to clear out myself. Took hours to complete. Also turned on unlimited saves. Only mission I had to use that on.

I only have 1 comment. Friendly AI is frikking stupid! "Oh look, a tank, yeah, I'll just get up and run infront of it, they won't see me", "Oh, enemy soldier? I should report it to leader and then just watch while my squad gets obliterated. Good plan."

Duh!

This is generally true for any engagement I'm involved in with friendly AI. 4 Friendlies required to kill 1 enemy. My KD-ratio is always 10 to 1, be it coop or SP.

Maybe, just maybe you need to reconsider your tactics (with respect to movement/engagement), instead of simply balming your poor AI mates.

Running around like headless chicken will get you easily involved in unforseen/spontaneous firefights and ultimately get you and your (unprepared, still moving and having no targets acquired) AI killed. Thus, my suggestion is to move slower - patience, my friend(!) - and wait/observe more (don't shoot/on hold is your friend). Then pick your firefights instead of accidentally walking into them - which usually means that your AI guys are not moving, but already in position the moment *you* (choose to) open fire. Feel free to assign specific targets first.

:war::thumb:

You don't think I know that? I always tell AI to stop when theres hostile contact reported. Because the stupid AI wont stop and shoot otherwise. And press 2 and whatever target was reported. It just falls on deaf ears, mostly.

Same stuff from OFP days still here.

Even if I do give em a target, they run around like headless chicken while Im thinking "He is RIGHT THERE! Right there, you moron, shoot him!! Oh, ffs, do I have to do EVERYTHING?" And everything is usually what I have to do.

Mamasan, what's your skillAI and precisionAI settings?

I had really huge problem with this mission. I tried to stealth: go around compound and attack it, but it always resulted in horrible disaster, got killed by GMG so many times, because my AT soldier refused to fire. So I restarted a mission and tried slightly different approach, finished the mission with best ending and with only one problem: I didn't have enough soldiers to use all these lovely armoured vehicles I captured :D

Mamasan, what's your skillAI and precisionAI settings?

I dont know, I play Regular difficulty.

I dont know, I play Regular difficulty.

Reduce the Skill and Precision parameters then. Start with these settings:

skillAI=0.7;

precisionAI=0.45;

I just noticed today that this fix is in dev branch changelog dated

27-11-2014

EXE rev. 128434 (game)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149636-Development-Branch-Changelog&p=2828096&viewfull=1#post2828096

Added: 2 NVGs into the starting equipment pool for "Adapt"

Meaning that all my heinous tribulations with playing Bingo Fuel at night with no NVG were not intended, and were apparently due to a bug. :confused: :mad:

This is still the mission that I can't get through and makes me hate the campaign. The AI is just useless. The campaing have too much unrealistic expectations when in reality you're outnumbered a lot.

This is still the mission that I can't get through and makes me hate the campaign. The AI is just useless. The campaing have too much unrealistic expectations when in reality you're outnumbered a lot.

I've always been saying this for a while now. Arma 3 has an identity crisis. On one hand, BI tries to make it realistic, with insane fatigue, weapon sway and precise enemy AI. But on the other hand, they put you alone against a whole enemy squad and expect you to kill them.

playing Bingo Fuel at night with no NVG were not intended, and were apparently due to a bug.

More like BI expecting people do do at least some side-missions in this episode. Or at least loot one from dead CSAT guys in second mission.