TSAndrey

Bingo Fuel is impossible?

Probably just depends, how much time player spent on free roam scouting before.

It starts at dusk, but soon turns into night. Isn't it like that for everyone?

I played campaign three times already, and each time it has different time of the day.

This mission is certainly easier at night, as AI even with NODs don't detect you as often.

I played campaign three times already, and each time it has different time of the day.

This mission is certainly easier at night, as AI even with NODs don't detect you as often.

Easier at night? I don't think so. You're not supplied with NVG (I don't know if you can loot them around), and it's hard to travel and shoot once it gets really dark.

Easier at night? I don't think so. You're not supplied with NVG (I don't know if you can loot them around), and it's hard to travel and shoot once it gets really dark.

I think it's probably 50/50. I found that when you return from a mission you still have all your gear, so I've gotten into the habit of loading my nice captured CSAT backpack (that has lots of extra room) on the ground inside the base after loading my NVGs, GPS, FAKs, etc. into it. Then I drop any extra gear, such as launchers, into the box. You go up to the officer or whoever, he lets you know there is a mission on and gives you an actionmenu option to join. You do so, hear the briefing, and then get teleported to the armory. Then I get my essential kit, go pick up my bag, and head out.

It won't work if you're going to switch bases, but it's something at least. Using that method I managed to squirrel away NVGs, FAKs, and a nifty little Night Scope I picked up somewhere. Made Bingo Fuel slightly easier, and I used a scope I pulled off a sniper rifle to help me shoot out all the damn lights. :D

Gotta use the AI as a trip wire force or as a diversion, so that when they distract the APC on the road you run across, then have them go back into the trees until you come up with a way to use them. Flank wide around west of first objective so you come in from the south. Eliminate 2-3 patrols of a couple guys each. You *have* to loot the compact AT off one of the guys, along with 1 round in the tube and 2 in your pack. Then head east, come into 2nd site from NW/W and call on the AI support team to hit the compound. They'll wipe out the armor at the gate and move in from the N/NE, if you coordinate your movements with theirs then they won't get wiped out, and you'll be able to clean up pretty good. Then you grab the truck "cistern" and ignoring Miller's bullshit about using the truck as a bomb you book it north til you find a spot you like that overlooks the convoy route. Hide the truck 50-100 meters behind this spot. You wait 10-15 minutes (i prefer to speed up time) and when the convoy appears you wait til the last vehicle is in your FOV, or your kill zone, and you nail the first vehicle. Then the 2nd. Finally you put your last missile into the Ifrit and you radio up Miller and let him know you took care of the HVT. You get to chuckle at how your dripping with sarcasm when you tell him this.

Don't rely on the AI, but link up with all the squads, because by doing so you get 4-6 men that you can position along your route, or the route the enemy will most likely come, so you'll get a radio warning if the shit hits the fan and they send in a Strider or bigger. They are also handy for suicidal diversions that let you get done what you need to get done. :tempt:

Almost every AAF has NVG, just kill those two guys standing next to the APC on highway (and the vehicle as well), and take their NVGs.

Almost every AAF has NVG, just kill those two guys standing next to the APC on highway (and the vehicle as well), and take their NVGs.

Incorrect. Team/Squad leaders in the AAF have NVGs, while the rest rely on flashlights. CSAT forces on the other hand almost always have NVGs.

It starts at dusk, but soon turns into night. Isn't it like that for everyone?

Looks like it depends of your choice of action. You can start Bingo Fuel immediately or do Breaking Even first. Guess it can be the reason of starting time difference. I finished in 3am, with Kuma, Mora and 2 Gorgons. Looted 3 Titan launchers and lot of missiles - AP, AT, AA. Loaded them in my team backpacks (of course, you need to loot backpacks first). All map was cleared totally. And yes - EVERY enemy soldier, including crew members, have NVG.

This is one of the most fun missions in the campaign... Especially once you get the MBT.

In my case, I started during the night. But ended during the day. Lovely mission indeed.

I completed all sub-missions before, though.

I found this mission too easy, because although there are a lot of enemy APCs and helicopters around, not one of them reacted when I attacked the first base in full daylight. The only vehicle that played any role in the battle was the sitting duck hilltop APC south of the first base, and that was only getting hit by an AT missile. I also dropped the second fuel tanker with Miller's man. Did they remove the convoy ambush part from the mission, or is it dynamic?

My mission started at dawn and without NV goggles it's hard. Grabbed one from a dead ai asap. I don't think it's much harder than any other mission. Approach from the south, take a good defensive position and kill all reinforcements coming.

I didn't run into any serious trouble. No APCs or tanks. The only thing which bothered me was the Mi-48, but there's a AA launcher in an ammo crate next to the FIA trucks, so that's all taken care of. Like Mr. runekn, I can't relate (though I'd love to get myself an APC to steal)

Quite impossible for me too this mission, but not for the same reasons. It's just unplayable fps-wise even on low... (despite i7 and crossfire 5850) So I don't even have the courage to continue the campaign because of this matter. The mission before this one already had very very poor fps, but I forced myself to finish this one by thinking to myself "maybe it'll be just this one", but I was so wrong...

This mission seems impossible for me too. Friendly AI is utterly stupid and slow, firing while I tell them to hold fire etc. Besides that, I don't encounter any lootable launchers and after the first base I always end up alone because everyone in my team is suddenly dead. I never even made it to the second base since I get blown to pieces by APC's and MRAP's which seem to be everywhere. I think this is a dreadful mission and it kinda ruins the campaign for me.

hascoulijn is it night or day for you? If at night, you can get to the first truck without firing a shot. Just move slow, keep low, detect enemy from as far as you can and find the gaps in their security perimeters, they have lots of those. Playing the mission while fighting everything you encounter is going against any combat logic given the fact your team is outnumbered and outgunned. If the AI breaks hold fire status it's for a good reason - it has been detected and/or being fired upon. This is by design and not because the AI is broken or stupid.

hascoulijn is it night or day for you? If at night, you can get to the first truck without firing a shot. Just move slow, keep low, detect enemy from as far as you can and find the gaps in their security perimeters, they have lots of those. Playing the mission while fighting everything you encounter is going against any combat logic given the fact your team is outnumbered and outgunned. If the AI breaks hold fire status it's for a good reason - it has been detected and/or being fired upon. This is by design and not because the AI is broken or stupid.

It's day for me, I kinda manage to get to the first truck unnoticed, even though I took out the MRAP at the first base before moving in to prevent it form following me to the second base (this was the reason I kept being blown up). After the first base I manage to take out the APC on the hill with an explosive charge I took with me. Unfortunately I can't repair it. I'm now working my way through the second base, but I am alone since my team couldn't keep up. Even though slipping away from the first base unnoticed they where hold up in a firefight moments later and only two survived that. Thanks for pointing that out to me, so the AI is smarter than I thought hehe ;-)

I love Arma but it gets kinda frustrating when it takes you so much tries to get it right, especially when you get the feeling that you're the only one struggling if you know what I'm saying. Luckily there's a great community to the rescue!

Looks like it depends of your choice of action. You can start Bingo Fuel immediately or do Breaking Even first. Guess it can be the reason of starting time difference. I finished in 3am, with Kuma, Mora and 2 Gorgons. Looted 3 Titan launchers and lot of missiles - AP, AT, AA. Loaded them in my team backpacks (of course, you need to loot backpacks first). All map was cleared totally. And yes - EVERY enemy soldier, including crew members, have NVG.

That's an explanation. Was night time for me, too, and sure I had to reload a couple of times but at no point did I have to take out MRAPs, and I got out with two or three team members and an extra pickup (yay!).

You cleared the whole map, seems a bit overboard for a mission like this, no? ;)

So I finally completed this mission with extreme caution a lot of patience and a hell of a lot first aid kits, and probably a lot of luck as well. I couldn't be more relieved.

I'm over two weeks to complete this mission there among the elite play mode where PV-720 Mora detects me a long distances and shoot me down and between crashes and freezes. I have trouble ending it.

Also my second cistern exploded, resulting in have to go alone eliminate the HVT. In 10 minutes time window i managed to put me in falcon site, get the quad and put me in the convoy route. Only after a while i got the message that the hvt already passed and leads to a failed mission.

The devs also played it on elite? The Arma 3 looks more like generic bf and cod then a truly unique game style.

Ahahaha, you guys make this sound like the wholly grail of difficulty. This mission wasn't too hard for me, in fact, I've pulled off more dangerous tasks online in Wasteland. Hehe

Stole an APC, used it to get another APC. Had half a mechanised platoon rolling around the countryside at the end.

...could've gotten a tank, but accidentally blew it up. :don 12:

You know arma is not what it used to be when A tank located 1.7 km away could provide highly accurate fire at the fuel truck even when behind a tree line. I decided to test its range of fine and it reach 1.7km. Realizing that it is nearly impossible for it to even have a vantage point on my position I decided to pull out my range finder and to my surprise the tank floating a good 10 meters above the hill.

(Add to that, that kappa decided it wanted to drink tea instead of helping assault)

Edit:

So I decided to drive to the tank to destroy it, made it 20 meters in front of and shot a rpg directly at tanks back. Didn't damage it. Tried 4 more times, confirming the hit on all 4 shots.

Very disappointing BIS

Edited by xX_Fr0st-W0lf_Xx