TSAndrey

Bingo Fuel is impossible?

This mission has to be the hardest arma mission ever. Seriously, WTF? First we approach the complex, ok that's good, so far so good. I get in the truck, it's empty, then a whole army starts attacking the base. Ok, it's a bit hard, but I managed to pull through without my team. I even managed to steal the 2nd truck, by sniping everyone there alone.

But guess what? The moment I take the truck out of the base, some random APC starts shooting hellfire at me and destroys it! Now what? I'm supposed to find yet ANOTHER truck, drive over to the convoy route, plant charges and detonate them? Is this mission created for humans? Why are there APC's every 50 meters?!

Edited by TSAndrey

I only died twice, but I agree, it's too damn hard, APCs and tanks everywhere, once you're spotted you're screwed.

Made it through this mission without dying or meeting a single APC (after crossing the big road). So I can't relate.

Made it through this mission without dying or meeting a single APC (after crossing the big road). So I can't relate.

How the hell? There's a GMG vehicle next to the 1st base, an APC on a hill between the bases, and another one near the convoy route!

I just rolled through the mission in my cosy Kuma MBT.

I just rolled through the mission in my cosy Kuma MBT.

I did it that way too!

The campaign is called "Adept" for a reason. :cool:

I did it that way too!

The campaign is called "Adept" for a reason. :cool:

It's actually called Adapt lol

Where did you find the MBT?

---------- Post added at 22:00 ---------- Previous post was at 21:20 ----------

Oh God, I did it. I've lost the 2nd truck, so I just took some random one nearby, drove to the convoy route, put 2 charges, and killed the HTV.

No MBT needed, the only thing you need to do is look around very actively and use a proper team to get trough it.

What I do not understand is why you want to do this without any help at all, its not some kind of FPS that you can run and gun. You are in a heavily enemy occupied zone in the first place. I moved my team slow and placed them on tactical places around the zone. Although some of my team members died along the way they helped me to spot the enemy easy and Adapt on it fast.

Listen to your comies make sure you keep the most of your men alive especially those that can apply first aid and AT's, use them as you progress.

Although I never died i needed a few patch ups from my medic and I agree to a certain extend that it is hard, at least it took me a while to get trough compared to other missions.

best of regards

No MBT needed, the only thing you need to do is look around very actively and use a proper team to get trough it.

What I do not understand is why you want to do this without any help at all, its not some kind of FPS that you can run and gun. You are in a heavily enemy occupied zone in the first place. I moved my team slow and placed them on tactical places around the zone. Although some of my team members died along the way they helped me to spot the enemy easy and Adapt on it fast.

Listen to your comies make sure you keep the most of your men alive especially those that can apply first aid and AT's, use them as you progress.

Although I never died i needed a few patch ups from my medic and I agree to a certain extend that it is hard, at least it took me a while to get trough compared to other missions.

best of regards

I don't want to lonewolf, but I had to leave my team at the 1st base, because enemies were all around and most of my teammates ignored my "Get In!" requests.

Yep. AI in such "complex" situation is more distracting burden, than help, so I, beeing so foreseeing, finished this mission without big sweat alone - all others was left at initial position. One APC I wrecked using Alamut, I had with me, but I could also easily avoid it, just couldn't resist, when it stuck on some tree and was looking so helpless... :) Second, on the hill, and MRAP close to second base, I killed without any troubles nor reaction with missile launcher I found at some dead enemy in first base (just for APC needed are two missiles), third APC I simply ignored, and APC returned me that favor - question of proper choosing of the route for second truck and/or viewdistance perhaps. Of course I could also go back to the first base for more missiles (there was enough of them at bodies and in the parked MRAP) and destroy last one too, but I considered this waste of time.

Edited by Rydygier

That's odd, I didn't feel this mission was too big of a challenge. I play on vet but maybe I just got lucky.

If that's any help to anyone, here's how I did it:

Rendezvous with the first team, crossed the road, rendezvous with the second team. Approach the first fuel truck from the SE. Told the three guys that had silencers to silently target (hold fire then right click on target) the two man patrol on the southern side. When the two guys moved into the kill zone, and my silenced shooters reported "ready to fire"), I gave the the "Fire" command (unlike the "fire at will" command, the "fire" order ensures that the AI will hold fire once his assigned target is down). Silently killing this patrol did not alert any of the other guards.

Moved south east of the complex. Told my guys to target some more patrols but to hold fire. Took one guy with me and we moved in to search for the truck. Told my guy to get in as gunner in the off-road and look to the north. When I approached the truck he spotted infantry, told him to open fire. He took two enemies out. I got in the truck, triggered the message, moved out with my guy in a Zamak transport. Picked all my guys and drove to the construction site.

I think that if played right, this part can be accomplished without even firing one round.

I positioned south of the construction site, put the AI in good cover, told them weapons free and moved in with two guys now. Told the support team to engage (by using the radio menu). They took out an ifrit at the west side. I moved in close and me and my two AI, using cover fire from the guys at the south (my team), took out about ten guys next to the truck. Stole the truck, got my two AI in it, drove to my team, dropped the AI, moved to Miller's man, left the truck, hoped on the man's quad bike and regrouped with my men. Then we left to the fall back point on foot. That's it.

Edited by Variable

This is my favourite mission in a long time. We went in stealth from south-east: everyone was on hold fire and we didn't see a soul until the complex. There I positioned my men on a ridge, where they could oversee where I was going (of course with fire at will). They had to kill 2 guards, and I had to shoot 8 lamps, but that was it. (Everyone used silencers) We got out the same way. Took a van from afacility 500 ms away, went into the city to the second complex, where I ued all my men again to provide me fire so I can sneak in from the flanks. I met 3 guards who weren't engaged, and stole the tanker. It was not easy, not hard, it was good. Our success lied in path design: I avoided lonely buildings, enemy vehicles... Oh and for the fun I didn't use NVG for the whole time. It was a really atmospheric experience for me..

I agree this mission is highly immersive. Nice AAR zapat.

This was actually a great mission IMO. Tough, but forces you to really think about it. Took me a few tries, but in the end it all came through. What I did was sneak to the complex (easy) and then tell my men to hold outside, waltz in sneakily with a couple dead guards to my Mk18 (no silencer needed, the AI are dumb as bricks as long as you take out the whole patrol) to get in and out of the truck (just enough to know it's empty), regroup with my team. Took out an MRAP with a PCML, then explosive charged the AA tank on the way to the next objective, having my AI take out the crew when it was disabled.

Got to the town, where things proceeded to get harder. Formed a line near objective, and told my men to advance as soon as the reinforcements hit the town. Drove the truck off with another truck carrying most of my men, stopped that, took out the Ifrit carrying the HVT with the PCML and returned the fuel to the locals.

My favourite mission of the bunch.

Where the heck did you guys get a Kuma? Or force the occupants of the Kuma to abandon their vehicle!? I want one!

It was my favorite mission as well. Also, I wanted to tell to the dev that in the first few minutes of the mission I really had that OFP feeling. Not 100% sure why, but I think it was mostly because of the vegetation type that felt really good to me.

Where the heck did you guys get a Kuma? Or force the occupants of the Kuma to abandon their vehicle!? I want one!

There is a Kuma passing by the highway two minutes after the mission begins, you can disable it with the explosive provided by rebels, or shoot the track with a rocket launcher.

then go to the hill in the south with a AAF marker, there is an IFV and three soldiers guarding a repair truck. You can also disable this IFV, then use the repair truck to fix both vehicles.

I and two men control Kuma, and remaining of my teams takes IFV. later we loaded up ammos/missiles on both vehicles...great way to improve your armory for future missions.

There is a Kuma passing by the highway two minutes after the mission begins, you can disable it with the explosive provided by rebels, or shoot the track with a rocket launcher.

then go to the hill in the south with a AAF marker, there is an IFV and three soldiers guarding a repair truck. You can also disable this IFV, then use the repair truck to fix both vehicles.

I and two men control Kuma, and remaining of my teams takes IFV. later we loaded up ammos/missiles on both vehicles...great way to improve your armory for future missions.

Genius! I did not know there was a repair truck to be had in the mission! I knew the Kuma was there but getting it repaired was beyond my poor squad's skills.

I feel myself unconfortable a little with this mission ending :confused:

I have captured 2 IFV using C4, have cleared all the operating area with them. Miller have got Zamak for his secret covert black special ops, i had refueled empty truck from the first objective at the gas station and bring it along with IFVs, and still this is not good enough for Slingshot! :mad:

They had to kill 2 guards, and I had to shoot 8 lamps, but that was it.

What the fuck? Is your mission at night?

That would make a pretty big freaking difference in the difficulty level!!!

It started at like 19:30 or something and got pretty dark by the time I entered the complex from around...

Broad daylight on my end, and I took an extremely long time to complete the mission, skirmishing in the bushes by insertion for quite a while.

What the fuck? Is your mission at night?

That would make a pretty big freaking difference in the difficulty level!!!

It starts at dusk, but soon turns into night. Isn't it like that for everyone?