Sign in to follow this  
Holden93

Will we ever see a stable multiplayer running at 50-60 fps?

All Your quotes are belong to me, T.

I don't think You know the meaning of the word spectacular. Or gaming. Geez, some people...

Lol :) I honestly don't even know what you are talking about? Are you saying my rig is good? It's fair I'll say but the graphics cards are pretty old compared to what people are using lately and I don't think the crossfire is doing much. Anyway I know the meaning of spectacular and my rig is not that. "Gaming", I don't even know what you are on about?

The leader in the unit i was 31st MEU Tompkins could play with almost 100 fps in very high graphics in missions with a lot of ai's, he use to take pictures and show to us because we didn't believed in him

The leader in the unit i was 31st MEU Tompkins could play with almost 100 fps in very high graphics in missions with a lot of ai's, he use to take pictures and show to us because we didn't believed in him

He probably trolled you or was playing on single player.

Well T, it's that it IS a rather powerful rig.

Especially that GPU's play secondary role in the world of ArmA - CPU, memory and disk are the most important from what I've seen over the years.

Lol :) I honestly don't even know what you are talking about? Are you saying my rig is good? It's fair I'll say but the graphics cards are pretty old compared to what people are using lately and I don't think the crossfire is doing much. Anyway I know the meaning of spectacular and my rig is not that. "Gaming", I don't even know what you are on about?

A 3770 is basically a 4670/4770 except one year older which is a minimal difference and those are the best mainstream CPUs available.

So other than the graphics cards apparently being a bit old, but there's two of them, that build is still high-end.

JohnPL, Skeakson, ok my rig is good. How about to the fact though that I almost doubled my fps by playing on a small ported arma 2 map, are you guys experiencing any of the same things?

I see kieran89980 stated above he is playing 50-60 solid on takistan.

So can we assume the map / map complexity / size / amount of buildings most likely has something major to do with the fps performance?

Is there any indication from the developers that steps are being taken to remedy the situation?

T

Well T, it's that it IS a rather powerful rig.

Especially that GPU's play secondary role in the world of ArmA - CPU, memory and disk are the most important from what I've seen over the years.

Well, his RAM and HDD aren't particularly fast, so he only has 1 out of those 3 covered.

Well, his RAM and HDD aren't particularly fast, so he only has 1 out of those 3 covered.

RAM doesn't matter much and HDD hardly matters at all.

I'm comparing Arma 3 to Arma 3? What are you working with? Breaking point is an Arma 3 Mod and a fairly popular one from the looks of server population?

I find your Zombie Meme a little distasteful, but to the point. I'm pointing towards an Arma 3 multiplayer game mode that is in fact getting over 60 fps.

Although You may call it find it an abhorrent aberration of the purist comp stomp style, by examining why breaking point thirsk is getting good fps could lead to answers as to why current mulitplayer fps is lacking in performance and point towards a viable solution for Altis and other maps moving forward.

There are so many reason why the MP in ArmA III it's a disaster,and the principal issue it's the MAP and Netcode and..Steam.

We know that Altis drop much more frame rate that Stratis, but to change the Map whit another one, it's not a solution but just be around about the problem.

I was fun about the union about Breakpoint because,my opinion, for me the virus contamination of this title born from that mod in particular, together with Altis life and Wasteland,and the fact that they are so popolar dosent mind that they are tactically or strategically in line with the original title .. quite the contrary.

I do not think you could call me a ArmA purist, but just an old player who loved the title for what it was, ie mainly a Sim_Mil, and the rest an outline...and not like this Hybrid Edition all inclusive, or ..TEENAGERSBOX! :couch:

Rgds

Edited by j4you

Neither of those things are really true, but that's irrelevant since my point was that the only part of his machine that stands out at all is his processor. I mean, his PC is pretty good, but it's by no means exceptional. Your PC is better in every way than his.

Either way, I'm not really sure why you are directing that statement at me and not the person I was quoting.

its a very large difference in arma between HDD or SDD or RAMdisk with a large object view - the lod switching its very very smaller in arma 2 and in arma 3 too not so big. the effect on the FPS is small , but with this bad 15-20 fps in the MP is any more FPS welcome.

when you have 16 gigs or more ram then is not bad when the complete game is on a ramdisk ;)

fact is - the net code is bad and the other fact is - for what you have a potent server when the arma only use one core on the server host side ^^ a headless client is no solution and the most servers dudes use it not..... the cpu multicore scaling is bad - multi treading ??? . no wonder are all missions on the server so deadly slow when you use more then 10 AI or have many player on different directions in action on the map ... ( have fun with the new ZEUS Freeze Frame DLC )

and here will help no new expensive hardware !!! here can only bohemia change something. and when they have no old skilled core programmers - than i cant understand a half million euro for a challenge... for this money you become the best core optimizers and the game runs at least 3 months as hell and all are full with happiness the game magazines, the let'z players on you tube too - what chance to a big good advertising ^^ and now ? is this a good advertising ? with this optimization after one year gold status ? is the viral advertising you want ?? and all because of ignorance - it will see the player's ... mhhh

and then the tenor is = he cant or to difficult or we have no manpower or the best answer " We have to change not feel like something " or too few 64bit systems to make it( yes it runs now on our pc not on the server) " wasteful SWEET ^^ ad where is the multi treading.

I hope they rethink that old statements again - this game is her bread and even the new notice that there's something wrong.

yes i am very frustrated ...

and I am repeating myself. because I'm losing the hope ...

the hope that comes with each new part...

the hope that each will be times smaller...

this little hope will die now...

I can not understand the ignorance simply ...

surely it should be in the interest of the developer be the game runs well or not ?

and not until years later when. When all the world suggests - arma frezze frame simulator - forget it.

if half of the people, the game have put in the fridge and no longer start...

if people do not buy because they hear from friends that it runs miserable....

if that does not make is purchased dlc ...

so if no successor is purchased ...

how can you cut only so at its own branch ???

I lack the understanding there really

Edited by JgBtl292

JohnPL, Skeakson, ok my rig is good. How about to the fact though that I almost doubled my fps by playing on a small ported arma 2 map, are you guys experiencing any of the same things?

I see kieran89980 stated above he is playing 50-60 solid on takistan.

So can we assume the map / map complexity / size / amount of buildings most likely has something major to do with the fps performance?

Is there any indication from the developers that steps are being taken to remedy the situation?

T

Last time I've ported Cherno and some assets, it did ran batter, but it looked worse (texture, object detail wise) în ArmA 3.

There are so many reason why the MP in ArmA III it's a disaster,and the principal issue it's the MAP and Netcode and..Steam.

We know that Altis drop much more frame rate that Stratis, but to change the Map whit another one, it's not a solution but just be around about the problem.

I was fun about the union about Breakpoint because,my opinion, for me the virus contamination of this title born from that mod in particular, together with Altis life and Wasteland,and the fact that they are so popolar dosent mind that they are tactically or strategically in line with the original title .. quite the contrary.

I do not think you could call me a ArmA purist, but just an old player who loved the title for what it was, ie mainly a Sim_Mil, and the rest an outline...and not like this Hybrid Edition all inclusive, or ..TEENAGERSBOX! :couch:

Rgds

ArmA was NEVER a Mil-Sim. A realistic game, yeah, a little bit more than BF at that time, but sim? Not even close.

The beautiful thing is that they can make everything out of it: a GTA game, a Mafia game, zombie game etc., just need to fix the performance,AI issues and improve that darn UI!

ArmA was NEVER a Mil-Sim. A realistic game, yeah, a little bit more than BF at that time, but sim? Not even close.

The beautiful thing is that they can make everything out of it: a GTA game, a Mafia game, zombie game etc., just need to fix the performance,AI issues and improve that darn UI!

...LOL!

I have see so many time this shock effect if somebody use the term...Sim-Mil in ArmA,but i belived that was already explain in others Thread why we can call it that....but never say never...right?

Ok....just for give to example:

Simulation of the year: Arma 3

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/12/27/simulation-of-the-year-arma-3/

ARMA 3 The most realistic combat simulator ever

http://criticofgames.blogspot.it/2013/03/arma-3-most-realistic-combat-simulator.html

ARMA 2 is a military simulation video game....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARMA_2

Operation Flashpoint Cold War Crisis, is a tactical shooter and battlefield simulator video game..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Flashpoint:_Cold_War_Crisis

518odKO%2BwLL.jpg

Now,if you tell me that there is yet video games can simulate reality 100% .... you're right.

But the ArmA series is considered a simulator by audiences and critics around the world ....either by the ideas that the developers of their title.

After all, they can force us about how to see them ArmA Editions..and thank goodness!

Rgds

Edited by j4you

simulation - mh here is a simulation ^^ an the sounds a love :622: the most immersion comes over the sound and your played model, not from the graphics from the rest - the brain is easy to manipulate in this point ;-) arma need here a little more ^^

Edited by JgBtl292

...LOL!

I have see so many time this shock effect if somebody use the term...Sim-Mil in ArmA,but i belived that was already explain in others Thread why we can call it that....but never say never...right?

http://criticofgames.blogspot.it/2013/03/arma-3-most-realistic-combat-simulator.html

Operation Flashpoint Cold War Crisis, is a tactical shooter and battlefield simulator video game..

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/518odKO%2BwLL.jpg

Now,if you tell me that there is yet video games can simulate reality 100% .... you're right.

But the ArmA series is considered a simulator by audiences and critics around the world ....either by the ideas that the developers of their title.

After all, they can force us about how to see them ArmA Editions..and thank goodness!

Rgds

ARMA is only 10% simulator. Infantry body movement is done well which usually makes critics’ jaws drop however gun handling, inventory management and especially health are all weakly done and vehicles completely unrealistic.

Basically ARMA has a lot of word of mouth going for it so you usually say it’s a simulator without even thinking about it but if you do think about it then there’s a lot to question about it really.

ARMA does stand out in a sea of other games that don’t even have stamina or discrete magazines however on the other hand it still has a worthless health system and doesn’t even count the bullet in the chamber that even Battlefield does.

Basically what ARMA TRIES to do is be a simulator and it's easy to imagine it is but in reality it's far from complete.

The best thing about ARMA in the end is that it has an editor and mod support is contrast to Battlefield and Call of Duty. It’s a game for the players and not something that will suck your soul dry.

...LOL!

Rgds

Have you ever played DCS? compare them to any vehicle in any version of ArmA, now tell me again how ArmA is a simulator.

Not even bis devs call ArmA 3 a simulator, they call it a game with some simulation aspects.

To me ArmA is a tactical shooter with strategy aspects, and still somewhat arcady. But a Sim? I laugh. Compared to DCS not even Take On can be called a simulator.

Yeah they are not calling it a simulator any more, that gives them the excuse for not having to make it even remotely realistic.

...LOL!

Rgds

Don't give me links to "critics", you don't need someone else to tell what the obvious is. The vehicle's flight, driving and physics models are a joke (if you wanna call them remotely close to a simulation) and they all work in the most arcadeish way possible. Same goes for infantry. The game mimics somewhat parts of the military aspects, but that's about it; for a true "Mil-Sim", BiS doesn't have the resources and skill required to make such game.

you can simulate leading for infanterie in a player groub yes - not more

With that said ARMA is more realistic than any other military shooter game and especially ARMA2 with a few mods.

I get 50 - 60 fps... in MP. Maybe your system is just shit?

EDIT : So, what I wanted to say is : My i5-4670k and the GTX 770 get 50 to 70 fps, on ultra, in single player and multiplayer (EUTW servers, 50 players).

Arma 3 is a very demanding game, maybe OP should upgrade his PC?

Edited by Weparo
Didn't mean to offen :(

on a 3 vs 3 selfmade mission without any AI maby :D or a altis live with 8 players on the server .... you're funny ^^

the server gives the bad fps in mp - your system has not much do to with it ( except you can self set the object and sight view in the mission ! ) not one little bigger mission runs good ;)

notice when you play and ai spawn and is dead or kill houses that the fps sunk drastic and never come back.

Edited by JgBtl292

Have you ever played DCS? compare them to any vehicle in any version of ArmA, now tell me again how ArmA is a simulator.

Yes, I have most of them. Now have you played as infantry in DCS or Steel Beasts?

To me ArmA and it's predecessors are the ones that comes closest to the "Electronic Battlefield" with Combined Arms that includes infantry as envisioned way back in early 90's when computers couldn't draw a circle without jaggies and had 16 colors, 256 if you where lucky! Spectrum Holobyte (later Microprose) intended to do this in Falcon 3 and called it EBS back then but as you know they failed.

DCS is moving in that direction but it will be long time before we have the fidelity of A3 on the ground in DCS, if ever!? And I really hope they will provide a dedicated server that allows for more than ~25-30 players without issues in MP. Minimum 75-100+ players else the whole Combined Arms thing seems rather pointless IMO.

Don't get me wrong I like both DCS and ArmA but saying one is better than the other really depends on what aspect of the game/simulator you are comparing.

...for a true "Mil-Sim", BiS doesn't have the resources and skill required to make such game.

May I ask how you know that?

Just to stay on topic... yes, improved MP performance in A3 are needed but I'm sure we will get there...

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

ARMA is vast and varied however it doesn’t have simulator detail. It would be cool if several simulator companies could team up and create one central simulator.

In DCS A-10C ejecting from your aircraft means the game is over basically. I’m not even sure if you can turn your head around as infantry. Only walk forward, back or turn left and right. No strafing.

In ARMA you can drop out of an aircraft over Altis, touch down on the ground and be amazed at how damn slow it is moving around down on the ground compared to up in the air. Besides everything both on ground and in air is excellent quality. Mid-range textures are a bit shitty but overall the scope of ARMA is really amazing.

Scope doesn’t really mean it’s realistic though.

The market that ARMA games appeal to is very small. Large developers can't make a decent sized profit from it and so stay away. Without competition ARMA is uncontested and can be as good or as bad as it wants, there is nothing threatening its position and so no urgency to take drastic action. Competition is healthy for consumers(us).

Until this changes (a competitor enters the market/ARMAs dominant position is threatened somehow), I feel core engine work (engine threading/netcode/AI/rendering/game simulation coupling with rendering) will never happen. We will only ever see small-scale fixes.