Sign in to follow this  
Demagor

Guess who's coming to dinner?

Ok, I'll change my person.

I'd eat a salad with Jeffery Dahmer.

"When I was a little kid I was just like anybody else." Jeffery Dahmer talking about his childhood

-=Die Alive=-

That's a tough question to answer, there are so many great people from history and today, I wouldn't know where to start. You would have to pick a person who would make an interesting guest.

I think I would pick Walter Kronkite.

I watched a biography about him once. In short, this guy has been everywhere, he was a war correspondent in Europe during WW2 and even flew on a large bombing mission. He has covered just about every major event during the 50's, 60's, 70's, and even the 80's and it would be interesting to pick his brain about what he thinks of the events he lived through, and all the people he met during his long career.

There were a few other people I thought of off the top of my head in no particular order:

-Sir Issac Brock

-Jesus Christ

-Stalin

-Winston Churchill

-Alexander the Great

-Aldous Huxley

-George Orwell

-Julius Ceasar

-Cleopatra

- J. Diefenbaker (so I can ask him why he cancelled the Avroe Arrow and ordered it's destruction......dumbass)

-Dhalai Lama (sp?)

The list goes on and on. smile.gif

Tyler

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Espectro @ Sep. 07 2002,13:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">pre-1935 Adolf Hitler<span id='postcolor'>

Why?

I would pick Nero, or Calicula.....Compare Hitler with them or any other dictator/criminal, and they would look like Saints...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hovmand @ Sep. 07 2002,16:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Espectro @ Sep. 07 2002,13:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">pre-1935 Adolf Hitler<span id='postcolor'>

Why?<span id='postcolor'>

Probably because he is one of the most influencial and important figures of the 20th century.

Colonal Klink:)

No seriously though, I would have to say Josie Maron. Need I explain why?

wow.gif6--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kip Kilaganâ„¢ @ Sep. 07 2002,19wow.gif6)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would pick Nero, or Calicula.....Compare Hitler with them or any other dictator/criminal, and they would look like Saints...<span id='postcolor'>

I guess you mean Caligula? The cesar who announced his horse to become governor of Rome!  tounge.gif

I would chose Charlie Chaplin!

Here's a table of people I'd like to dine with:

Marylin Monroe

Charles Manson

Marylin Manson

The good, the bad, and the fucking UGLY

-=Die Alive=-

I'd like to meet some political figures from the last 50 years, and hear what they were thinking about the cold war and other subjects.

The list:

Urho Kekkonen (president of Finland 1956-1981), did a lot business with the Soviets and managed to get the relationships between the two countries relatively friendly.

JFK

Some soviet leader

Actually I met a pretty interesting person yesterday. We had a small combat display for a bunch of foreign generals. Just some basic CQC and securing buildings. After the show, the generals wanted to talk to us. Of course none of us speaks russian so there was a translator; this one general asked almost everyone a question and was really friendly. He wore civil clothes, everyone thought he is some retired russian who just likes to talk. Well, after the show we were informed that the guy was a former commander of the Warsaw Pact. Afterwards I started thinking that it was a pretty special occasion, you don't get to shake hands with a man who has commanded armies of several countries, including a huge arsenal of nuclear missiles.

What a boring sunday

I forgot Lenin, now he wouldbe interesting to talk to, espicialy about how the USSR nose dived after he died. He would probably crawl back into his tomb if he knew what happened to his beloved state.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Sep. 08 2002,16:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I forgot Lenin, now he wouldbe interesting to talk to, espicialy about how the USSR nose dived after he died. He would probably crawl back into his tomb if he knew what happened to his beloved state.<span id='postcolor'>

Lenin beleived in dictatorship, 'leading the people into freedom' but those ideas layed the foundations for the Stalinist state.

Général phillipe de hautecloque aka "leclerc"

leclerc.jpg

Image1294.jpg

Général Charles De Gaulle

200.jpg

gaulle.jpg

Mikhaîl Gorbatchov

gorbatchev.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LauryThorn @ Sep. 07 2002,15:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would pick Jesus Nazarene, no doubt about that.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, a historical guerilla chief would be a fun choice. smile.gif

My choice would be Salvador Dali.

I can't understand why someone would pick Jennifer Lopez. I wouldn't want to hear her yapping and blabbering.

(sidenote: If you have dinner with a politician make sure you haven't been smoking pot. Politics + pot = zero understanding of subject of conversation. smile.gif)