ohally

Arma3 - AGGRESSORS

would you like to see aggressors stay standalone  

403 members have voted

1. 1. would you like to see aggressors stay standalone

• Yes, I like that it has little to no requirements
    • No, if dependencies expand content go for it

Ok thanks.

I'm now wondering if my issue has been caused by a mod conflict all along and not CAF itself. ARP2 objects was causing ALiVE not to initialize properly (seriously guys, if you play ALiVE and use that mod, remove it). I'll play a bit more later now that my missions are cleaner and see if the issue persists.

Used it a lot shortly before 1.6 update and still, but i used to many mods to recreate some of the issues i had with spawning or factions not shown.

I highly recommend to short down your modset to a minimum to make troubleshooting somehow effective at all.

Right now im using this ALIVE/CAF Modset with no issues:

• A3:ALiVE
  • CAF 1.5
  • MCC Sandbox
  • 3den Enhanced
  •  
  • A3 MapPack 1.4
  • A3 MapPack Additional Pack 1.1
  •  
  • CUP TerrainsCore 1.0.1
  • CUP Units 1.3.1
  • CUP Vehicles 1.3
  • CUP Weapons 1.6
  •  
  • Fallujah 1.2 (A2 Map)

No issues atm, will keep you updated!

Thxx for your great work \o/

• Like 1

I guess just to formally update the people in this thread, this issues I was having with incorrect numbers of spawns was unrelated to CAF Aggressors.

My current issue of the wrong faction spawning with ALiVE is also not related to this mod; it's happening to me with multiple factions. The ALiVE Devs haven't currently been able to repro it so the issue still exists.

So long story short, the only issue I have with CAF are some script errors that pop on the screen, but I can't say whether they are harmless or not.

Keep me posted and I'll do the same as well. Thanks for the progress report.

Is there anything specific that needs to be done to get this mod working, or does it still just work out of the box?

Is there anything specific that needs to be done to get this mod working, or does it still just work out of the box?

No works out of the box. The armour values have not been updated so don't use in a pvp environment but if they are your AI enemy work away. They die just like everyone else.

Also you can add RDS config to swap out the weapons for RHS weapons if that's something you would want. Not sure if the latest RHS update has affected the config but I guess you could just try it.

Hi all! I saw a mod called RDS that can add some veichles and tanks to the Middle East Faction but there's a problem, there aren't  group pre-defined in the editor so ALiVE won't spawn any of the new veichles....

What I had to do is to place manually unit's on the field and then Sync they to the ALiVE Virtual Profile Module..

Do you have the same problem?

Just wanted to give this one last bump to see if anyone that has spent a decent amount of time with CAF lately has seen any problems with the appropriate units spawning. I guess this is a specific question for ALiVE users.

I had what I'm pretty sure was CSAT spawn in a mission again and I think it was them using the jihadi battle cries. LOL! Again it's like 90-some-odd percent of all troops are proper CAF until suddenly some vanilla faction appears.

Is everything good for everyone else? Is it just me?

I think that's because of my same problem...

Simply remove Ambient Veichles... Sometimes ALiVE do not find Ambient veichle for that faction and then simply spawn random OPFOR ambient veichles, just like truck and other stuff

I think that's because of my same problem...

Simply remove Ambient Veichles... Sometimes ALiVE do not find Ambient veichle for that faction and then simply spawn random OPFOR ambient veichles, just like truck and other stuff

Does it ever spawn units? Or just vehicles?

If it spawns units could you post the mission here please. I'll test it and pass it to the ALiVE Devs.

I'm running v1.5 of this mod, as well as the sound fix, and much to my dismay, I often experience a strange sort of popping sound towards the end of the rifle report when the tribal Middle East insurgents are firing their weapons. This occurs both with and without the Dynasound mod, which I had hoped was the culprit initially. It almost sounds as if the sounds are cutting off too early, but I'm not certain. It's quite a distraction, and very frustrating considering how much I love these units -- they really nail the Taliban aesthetic. 

Has anyone else experienced similar issues? 

I'm running v1.5 of this mod, as well as the sound fix, and much to my dismay, I often experience a strange sort of popping sound towards the end of the rifle report when the tribal Middle East insurgents are firing their weapons. This occurs both with and without the Dynasound mod, which I had hoped was the culprit initially. It almost sounds as if the sounds are cutting off too early, but I'm not certain. It's quite a distraction, and very frustrating considering how much I love these units -- they really nail the Taliban aesthetic. 

Has anyone else experienced similar issues? 

I think this has not been updated in quite some time. However, you will find basically indentical units in CUP,Massi's middle east conflict addon, and EricJ's Taliban mods.