ohally

Arma3 - AGGRESSORS

would you like to see aggressors stay standalone  

403 members have voted

1. 1. would you like to see aggressors stay standalone

• Yes, I like that it has little to no requirements
    • No, if dependencies expand content go for it

Say what?  O'Halley Lives???!!!!   This makes me happy in my face!

• Like 1

Was this actually updated???

Maybe I don't understand how file dating works in Windows 10 but every single one in the Armaholic link dates back to 2014. All PBO's and every file in every folder do not have anywhere near a current date. Did I pick up the right file?

Updated mod v1.5.3 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey CAF Team , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

This is indeed very curious. Is this in fact a new update?

I'm downloading the patch but I am surprised that there is a patch after all this time and that Ohally himself made no entry about its release in this forum. If it is a 3rd party fix, like the sound patch, great but I'd like to know that. Not all 3rd party patches work that well on other peoples mods. The sound patch was given permission by Ohally to post it as part of the original mod and the 1st host was updated to reflect that.

Further adding to my confusion; is it mod 1.5.3  or is it mod 1.5 hotfix 2.7?

Was this actually updated???

Maybe I don't understand how file dating works in Windows 10 but every single one in the Armaholic link dates back to 2014. All PBO's and every file in every folder do not have anywhere near a current date. Did I pick up the right file?

Okay, so like what HerosandVillansOS said; these files are nothing new they are the same patch listed on page 1 from 2 years ago. Perhaps the link was broken and it was reposted, I don't know.

Too bad I was hoping that the mod was back with new updates but I guess not.

• Like 1

Okay, so like what HerosandVillansOS said; these files are nothing new they are the same patch listed on page 1 from 2 years ago. Perhaps the link was broken and it was reposted, I don't know.

Too bad I was hoping that the mod was back with new updates but I guess not.

An answer one way or the other would be nice. Armaholic and PW6 updated for a reason. Could you guys tell us what prompted the file to be updated? Who is supporting this (incredible) mod?

This is indeed very curious. Is this in fact a new update?

I'm downloading the patch but I am surprised that there is a patch after all this time and that Ohally himself made no entry about its release in this forum. If it is a 3rd party fix, like the sound patch, great but I'd like to know that. Not all 3rd party patches work that well on other peoples mods. The sound patch was given permission by Ohally to post it as part of the original mod and the 1st host was updated to reflect that.

Further adding to my confusion; is it mod 1.5.3  or is it mod 1.5 hotfix 2.7?

Yea sure would like to know myself as i've already got CAF_AG 1.5 and the audio patch, so can somebody give us a headsup on what exactly this is???

• Like 2

Yea sure would like to know myself as i've already got CAF_AG 1.5 and the audio patch, so can somebody give us a headsup on what exactly this is???

^^^THIS

Well unfortunately this mystery update is not configured properly for ALiVE. I've tested this on 4 maps now and occasionally, CSAT will spawn. I've double and tripled checked this to make sure it's not something on my end.

It's not.

I recommend ALiVE players find some way to revert their download back. Though I can't say the older one would even work properly now depending on what's causing the issue (for instance, if something changed in the game itself, than obviously older verisions wouldn't make a difference, etc.)

I'd be curious to see any ALiVE CAF users letting me know if they're seeing this too with the newest download if they spend some time testing it by teleporting around the map. Just note the OPFOR is almost all properly CAF units. It's just occasionally, CSAT is spawning instead. I'm seeing this more frequently with ALiVE roadblocks but not exclusively.

Caf aggressors (along with RHS config) are spawning fine for me. Just wish it wasn't groups of 10 all the time in my asymmetric warfare mission.

No problems with alive here.

Caf aggressors (along with RHS config) are spawning fine for me. Just wish it wasn't groups of 10 all the time in my asymmetric warfare mission.

Are you using this mystery update or the old one? And what do you mean by the RHS config?

Could you do me a favor and take 10-20 minutes just teleporting around the map if you get a sec?

It wouldn't appear on the surface that there's an issue because CSAT only spawns I'd guess 1% of the time. The map will be filled with CAF until suddenly, CSAT appears.

This is something I've been testing for days and days now on multiple maps and with various set ups. What I'm doing is enabling teleporting and making my player invincible with the debug console, debugging the virtual AI module and teleporting to where the CAF are spawning. I'm not going to 100% say I didn't do something wrong but, but I'm pretty much beyond certain there is an issue here. I can reproduce this over and over but I don't see any rhyme or reason to it. Only way to know for sure would be for someone else to do some teleporting. I've seen it repeatedly on my end and would love someone to take 10-20 minutes and see if they can confirm or deny.

Ok so for anyone saying there's no problem, here's some screenshots. I'm hoping someone can help me determine which units these actually are. Here's 3 screenshots showing a CAF only mission in ALiVE generating whatever faction this is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z27uv5yh5jb0qo0/20160429000133_1.jpg?dl=0​

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1r4hii5bkrhgzqh/20160429000151_1.jpg?dl=0​

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mn1vjx0r37h3iqd/20160429000213_1.jpg?dl=0

And just so someone can double check my work, here are my 3 modules which would have influenced which units spawned for this roadblock:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sd7zn436qsgf9df/20160429000359_1.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/avfg7wpw4i6jglg/20160429000517_1.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n82u9tvun7zs62j/20160429000546_1.jpg?dl=0

Any thoughts or insight would be appreciated. Pretty sure this isn't CAF that's spawning. Does anyone recognize the faction?

Dude just check you haven't got a leading space before caf_ag_me_t

I've been caught by that before when copy and pasting the classname 

Dude just check you haven't got a leading space before caf_ag_me_t

I've been caught by that before when copy and pasting the classname

What's a leading space?

What's a leading space?

Where you type space before caf_ag_me_t in the init box

• Like 1

Ok thanks.

I'm now wondering if my issue has been caused by a mod conflict all along and not CAF itself. ARP2 objects was causing ALiVE not to initialize properly (seriously guys, if you play ALiVE and use that mod, remove it). I'll play a bit more later now that my missions are cleaner and see if the issue persists.

Heroes me old mate, I am having issues with Caf AG too.  Despite checking and double checking all the modules all i get is the default arma 3 Opf_f as enemy.  Ive no idea whats causing it.

Ok thanks.

I'm now wondering if my issue has been caused by a mod conflict all along and not CAF itself. ARP2 objects was causing ALiVE not to initialize properly (seriously guys, if you play ALiVE and use that mod, remove it). I'll play a bit more later now that my missions are cleaner and see if the issue persists.

I haven't had any issues with ARP Objects affecting ALiVE.

I haven't had any issues with ARP Objects affecting ALiVE.

Yeah I'm now thinking my issues were caused by a myriad of startup errors, ARP not being the culprit, but one color of the clusterfuck rainbow.

Basically, I was having problems with certain ALiVE functions on mission start; ALiVE was not initializing properly due to a myriad of errors that would occur exactly as ALiVE was populating the mission. For example, you're familiar with the 'scope' error ARP2 always shoots out. That combined with several others were making weird things happen (certain modules only working with debug on, units not spawning, losing control of grouped AI, etc etc).

Highhead suggested I cut down somehow on these startup errors so I could get working properly again and unfortunately, ARP2 in my case had to be one of the first to go. I also was using multiple Civilian Placement modules in an attempt to get more civvies to spawn and I had to delete the multiples of those as well and now all seems right in the world again, at least after a bit of testing. :)

Though this specific issue of CAF ever-so-seldomly spawning vanilla independents at ALiVE roadblocks still does occasionally happen. Almost certain this mystery update has a minor config problem, seeing as now my missions are all pretty much squeaky clean.

Just wanted to give this one last bump to see if anyone that has spent a decent amount of time with CAF lately has seen any problems with the appropriate units spawning. I guess this is a specific question for ALiVE users.

I had what I'm pretty sure was CSAT spawn in a mission again and I think it was them using the jihadi battle cries. LOL! Again it's like 90-some-odd percent of all troops are proper CAF until suddenly some vanilla faction appears.

Is everything good for everyone else? Is it just me?

Hello All,

I've noticed when I play a mission using an OPFOR faction from CAF_Aggressors in the 1.58 release, I cannot here the gun reports unless I'm right next to the bad guys. I tested this by placing myself and one OPFOR unit about 200 meters apart on the Stratis airfield. When he shoots at me I hear the sonic cracks only so it's almost impossible to tell what direction the shot is coming from. If I use a vanilla OPFOR faction soldier or one from just about any other mod I can here the sonic crack followed by the gun report just fine.

Next test I did was give the Aggressors soldier a vanilla weapon and then I could hear the report just fine as well. So the problem is clearly just with the weapons included in the mod itself. I know some folks have made configs to give the CAF Aggressors weapons from other mod packs but most of those use highly detailed weapon models that reduce performance when lots of AI are on the battlefield.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to fix this. I'd trying to avoid large mods like RHS or CUP just to get some variety in OPFOR factions. Thanks ahead of time.

You need to use the Audio Patch for CAF_aggressors.  It's on Armaholic as a Mod of it's own, or, I believe you can load it into the main CAF_AG addons folder.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I already have the Audio Patch for CAF_aggressors installed.

I have the same issue.  Going to redownload the addon and the audio patch and see if it fixes the problem.

The audio patch itself is pretty old, well before the latest changes to the audio engine in the latest releases. I wonder if I should try it without the audio patch? Or maybe someone with more scripting capabilities than me could come up with a config that gives the CAF units vanilla weapons.

I'm sad to say that what was the single best Taliban mod for A3 should probably be considered dead at this point. I'm getting this error which is causing all kinds of problems:

No entry 'bin\config.bin\cfgweapons U_CAF_AG_ME_R OBES_02d'.
And I have no idea how to make it go away.

I really hope someone can reach out to the creator, adopt it, and bring this back to its glory but until then, I just can't justify all the risk involved in using an unsupported faction anymore. Which is a shame because it really is the best of its kind.

• Like 1