ohally

Arma3 - AGGRESSORS

would you like to see aggressors stay standalone  

404 members have voted

1. 1. would you like to see aggressors stay standalone

• Yes, I like that it has little to no requirements
    • No, if dependencies expand content go for it

Done - our entire unit has done that... I think OHally may have to issue a DMCA Take-down notice, whatever that it.. anyone got a link ?

Looks like it's been removed at last - I can't access the page anymore.

So uhm?

I'm not sure what I just read? Is this mod dead now? I can't seem to download it anymore. Dropbox link just throws up a 404.

Any help?

Thanks!

Tried to download Aggressors from WithSix, got this error part way through the download:

Help%2BCAF.jpg

I have the latest version of WithSix. Help!

Last edited to original post is in Dec 2014 so I would say prob not.

Last edited to original post is in Dec 2014 so I would say prob not.

For several months now, CAF Aggressors has been the only OPFOR and civ faction I have used. It still works wonderfully.

I'd gather the reason the damage value changes introduced in the last RC hasn't effected the mod much is because, at least with the Taliban forces which I use in all my missions, they're essentially wearing civilian clothing in a effort to blend in with the local populace. So they don't wear traditional armor.

For my money this is still the best Taliban faction out there and works brilliantly with what I need (a Taliban force to populate ALiVE). If it has any issues, I haven't seen it.

Actually CAF has been broken since 1.54....and probably before.  Between the hit values and gun sounds...the MOD is just too out dated.  Of course i still use the MOD, but i usually use the clothes only. 

A good alternative that i think will be great long term is MASSI middle east mod.  He's got a ton of content and keeps his stuff up to date.  No disrespect to Ohally and this mod, i loved it and still do.  But current times calls for something different until Ohally has a chance to release his newest updates (if he does).

Also with CUP releasing content as well, eventually i think CUP will be the go to FACTION pack for most.

What i meant by "broken" was not that the MOD doesnt work.  It will, and runs fine.  The problem is it's not properly configured for all the recent changes.  If you pay close attention to the gun sounds, its not working as it was first intended due to all the recent audio work which BI has been pumping out.  Yes it still is there, but very faint compared to when the MOD was first released.  Is this considered "broken"?  Some would say yes, while others it doesnt bother.

Do a test, grab a vanilla unit from both CAF and CSAT, and have them shoot and listen from different directions (from 50+ meters).  You'll see what i mean...  Hope that helps clarify.

Ok. Got it. That makes sense.

I guess it should just be known that I don't even notice this. I use this mod exclusively and it functions in every way I could hope for. Definitely good people have all the facts though so they can be informed before they decide.

I use this as my primary Taliban mod and it still works perfectly. I use Dynasound and ive had no audio issues at all with it. (I also use the audio fix for CA which is attached to the mod's download page)

Unit sizes are perfect, clothing is spot on for Afghanistan and armor values don't make any difference as most Taliban don't have any body armor to begin with.

Also, you can use them w RHS troops as well by simply adding the CA Aggressors RHS weapon replacement config.

An older Mod but still my favorite.

• Like 1

I use this as my primary Taliban mod and it still works perfectly. I use Dynasound and ive had no audio issues at all with it. (I also use the audio fix for CA which is attached to the mod's download page)

Unit sizes are perfect, clothing is spot on for Afghanistan and armor values don't make any difference as most Taliban don't have any body armor to begin with.

Also, you can use them w RHS troops as well by simply adding the CA Aggressors RHS weapon replacement config.

An older Mod but still my favorite.

And where would one find such a config?

So I can load in caf units that use RHS ak's and maybe vics?

Any way to get rid of the RDS tanks dependency or will it run without?

it runs fine without it

Updated mod v1.5.3 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey CAF Team , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Updated mod v1.5.3 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey CAF Team , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

What is this? Since when is CAF Aggressors being supported?

Is there a new update out? That would be quite the pleasant surprise. :)