ohally

Arma3 - AGGRESSORS

would you like to see aggressors stay standalone  

404 members have voted

1. 1. would you like to see aggressors stay standalone

• Yes, I like that it has little to no requirements
    • No, if dependencies expand content go for it

i would agree with not using RDS, CUP would be acceptable because it will be supported in the long term and most BIS players would dload that mod.

I don't think you need any vehicles - or just use your pickups as they are - they suit the units.

Seriously, if you make this dependent on other mods, then the thing that made your mod successful (independent) will be the reason why ppl stop using (dependencies).

Will you post source files and allow other to create their own lodouts for aggresors - I know it is not possible to make everyone happy (like i don`t use CUP weapons) - so maybe making it more like opensource? Also awesome to hear about update , may we get some pictures of new units?

Would probably be best to separate the stand-alone parts and dependent parts, so people can load whichever mod they like. If they want just the stuff that this mod adds without the extra stuff from other mods, they can use that, and if they want they can download a config mod that will add the extra stuff from other mods and be dependent on (use) those mods as well as the standalone version.

I think for once I can appease both sides of the poll,

I will release an aggressors pack (the only thing mission makers will have to change is removing "caf_" from class names) this will include light infantry and some light vehicles. **at this time will require @cup (size: 851B) for weapons**

There will be optional expansions for @rds, and @rds_tank

again this pack is designed for use as a AI controlled OPFOR used primarily with ALiVE mission, this will not change.

I will release an aggressors pack (the only thing mission makers will have to change is removing "caf_" from class names) this will include light infantry and some light vehicles. **at this time will require @cup (size: 851B) for weapons**

again this pack is designed for use as a AI controlled OPFOR used primarily with ALiVE mission, this will not change.

Excellent, sounds like the perfect compromise.

the only thing mission makers will have to change is removing "caf_" from class names

Is this a definite choice ? It's nice, as a mission maker, to have a common prefix identifying properly an addon.

Is this a definite choice ? It's nice, as a mission maker, to have a common prefix identifying properly an addon.

it will just be ag_xxxx

That's perfect ! Thx!

DAT USERNAME

------------

Also, thanks Ohally for your work. I'm an old fan of Aggressors. :cool:

The beauty of Aggressors is, besides its quality, the fact that it's a standalone mod.

RDS is already a dead mod, as far as I understand, since the author is part of the RHS team now.

If you want to use external materials for Aggressors, you should use the most generic mods, namely AiASA (13GB and no PWS support...) and CUP.

Xmas 2014 will be great: Aggressors, JSRS and Blastcore updates !

Thx again for this great mod Ohally !

JSRS update? I must be out of the loop, don't say dragonfyre is coming..

And thanks for providing two separate add-on dependent and independent versions Ohally.

The beauty of Aggressors is, besides its quality, the fact that it's a standalone mod.

RDS is already a dead mod, as far as I understand, since the author is part of the RHS team now.

If you want to use external materials for Aggressors, you should use the most generic mods, namely AiASA (13GB and no PWS support...) and CUP.

Xmas 2014 will be great: Aggressors, JSRS and Blastcore updates !

Thx again for this great mod Ohally !

Why you consider RDS dead, as far as I know reyhard is going to update is mod, so it is not dead yet.

Sounds really good!

If adding dependencies, why not use RHS Escalation instead of 3 different mods from 3 different studios? It contains all you need, weapons, vehicles and other stuff and is really high quality.

Edited by TheConen

If adding dependencies, why not use RHS Escalation instead of 3 different mods from 3 different studios? It contains all you need, weapons, vehicles and other stuff and is really high quality.

RHS Escalation is a huge download. One of the great things about Aggressors is it was light, a very small download. Some people want to keep the necessary mods to a minimum increasing the on-line playability with the community especially where internet bandwidth may be an issue. I think smaller is preferred in some cases.

I have RHS Escalation myself, it is good quality.

Edited by Dr@gon

RHS Escalation is a huge download. What of the great things about Aggressors is it was light, a very small download. Some people what to keep the necessary mods to a minimum increasing the on-line playability with the community especially where internet bandwidth may be an issue. I think smaller is preferred in some cases.

I have RHS Escalation myself, it is good quality.

Well judging by what hes showing there if you want the vehicles and everything Aggressors(440MB?) + RDS Static weapons(84MB) + CUP weapons (750MB) + RDS tank pack (193MB) = probably close to half the total size of RHS atm. (Although RHS will get bigger with time but for me thats fine because its more than just units. Its a total overhaul of the Armor system and I'm sure more will change as well.)

I'm fine with either. I do really prefer the Armor in RHS though. (I have a feeling that RDS tank pack will be upgraded to this system at some point.) It makes fighting armor fun.... (As much as it might be. Also limits vehicles from just exploding all the time...)

Ohally i say go with your vision and what comes of it comes of it! You've done amazing to this point I'm sure its only going to get better.

Edited by Raytesh

Fellas the bottom line is I don't get paid for this in anyway. It will be designed however I please regardless of what else is out there or how any particular individual feels about it. If you like it great, if you don't too bad. I make these for my community to use, I release them for the hell of it.

Aggressors on it's own (with cup weapons) will have technicals and urals as well as a few additional civilian vehicles and factions (all ported from A2) so it you don't want to fight tank, you don't have to get RDS_tank, you will still have vehicles to fight.

The point is the I do not now, nor ever will make money off of my work in ARMA mods, so I really don't care what anyone does with them.

Release shortly after Xmas *fingers crossed* Cheers

**should also note RHS:Escalation is a completely different mod pack, keep in mind these are not designed to be playable they are opfor for co-op missions depicting simple factions across multiple continents

Edited by Ohally

I've had great fun with your east EU and ME tribal fighters, looking forward to the updates! Still find them to be the best guer/none uniformed type geysers to swack in the head with an M107 :681:

Last time I started my SP mod launcher profile from scratch I somehow missed your units and spent days wondering what happened to a certain selection of ME's from MCC and the editor, I was not happy... :p

Ohally, completely understand man. Theres a ton of other mods if people dont like. Keep up the great work

Hello guys do I still need the audio fix with it?

Yep, meanwhile Ohally is working on the official update, you gotta use replacement configs or the unofficial soundpatch

cheers!

;2845529']Yep' date=' meanwhile Ohally is working on the official update, you gotta use replacement configs or the unofficial soundpatch

cheers![/quote']

Obrigadu amigo!

Hello guys,

I'm having some issues when i try to run this addon on a dedicated server. Does anybody have the same problem? What should i do?

Thanks a lot.

if I had a penny....

Actually we should make it some-sort of sport. Perhaps we could give badges to those that keep asking....

Edit... lol we do!! we Do !!! image.php?u=63614&dateline=1260154687

Sorry couldn't help it... :-)