ohally

Arma3 - AGGRESSORS

would you like to see aggressors stay standalone  

404 members have voted

1. 1. would you like to see aggressors stay standalone

• Yes, I like that it has little to no requirements
    • No, if dependencies expand content go for it

I notice, despite tweaking their AI settings in a variety of ways, that their accuracy compared to either default units of other modded units is realllllly bad. Like, they fire in very short bursts and miss a lot. Maybe I should FRAPS a video of a Massi's rangers versus CAF Aggressors tribals to show? We're talking 1 ranger dies for about every 20 tribals. I don't think its just the armor because they don't even seem to wind up hitting their opponents even at close range.
Very bad quality sorry, something went wront with virutaldub. But whatever. 10 tribals vs 10 rangers. The insurgents starts looking the rangers. The rangers show them their backs so they are handicaped. But it's just to show that they can still kill some men... But for sure they are worse. But it's normal IMO.

if thats Massis mods, all of his mods have his units set to spec ops, so they are much more accurate and tactical.

I've made the exact same experience and went curious about it too and I don't think it's some kind of a wanted feature to have them empty their magazines with the accuracy of a penalty shooting Ramos.

My (quiet random) guess is, that AI skill isn't that involved in the issue, but the weapons the unit's have assigned.

If you make a CSAT unit and a CAF unit switch weapons

removeAllWeapons this; this addMagazine "CAF_30RND_545x39_AK"; this addWeapon "CAF_AK74";

removeAllWeapons this; this addMagazine "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag"; this addWeapon "arifle_MXM_F";

the CAF unit suddenly does have the better accuracy or am I wrong?

Furthermore I think to notice, that proning AIs are way more inaccurate (hitting the ground right in front of them) than kneeing or standing ones and since shooting AIs will change their position to prone, plus the fact they have shitty guns, may be the problem!?

I don't know about the origin of the weapons CAF is using, are these converted A2 weapons? If so it would be a bless to equip them with A3 AKs, PKMs, SVDs, etc.

I don't ask for xraying sharpshooting funkillers, but a little bit more accuracy would be nice, because I don't want to fight against these futuristic outter space CSAT units :)

Yea, I think it may be the weapons. My HLC Agressors are pretty much dead on all the time, which is not the case with the default guns.

That was pretty much my suspicion too. I don't think the guns perform very well for this mod, however if you tweak it around its passable. They'll take out enemy AI in the right circumstance.

Still, a proper overhaul or an optional add-on configuration that swaps out the weapons for others would be nice, either unofficial or official.

Here is some kind of confirmation by Robalo.

I don't know if Ohally will take care of the accuracy issue in his final update, since he's understandably pi**ed, but I do hope so.

Are these weapons made by massi? Because I have quiet the feeling, that there is the same issue with the NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz WEAPONS for A3. I don't have the slightest idea about modding etc. but I've taken a quick look in the NATO SF config and there are similar "bad" values if I'm not mistaken.

No I believe the weapons are unique to this pack - which was to be fair the whole advantage when it was launched. A standalone pack, ALiVE compatible with no dependancies.

In our gameplay we've not to be honest noticed any weapon accuracy issues, certainly fighting against insurgents I would have expected a certain lack of discipline and weapon handling skill anyway.

Having said that we run on Vet or Mercenary with AI mods too so it maybe that combined this has had a positive effect on their ability to kick my arse... which they do seem to be able to do quite reliably.

Looking forward to the fix and improvments for sure :-)

SJ

ok so the Ak's do not make any sound???

---------- Post added at 11:45 ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 ----------

I have fixed the signatures for the CAF AG audio patch after redoing my setup and finding the problem.

Download is available here: http://am1.taw.net/@CAF_AG_AudioPatch_r2.zip

You can run this as an addon (which requires @CAF_AG) OR copy the files in @CAF_AG_AudioPatch/addons into your @CAF_AG/addons

this fixed the issue, PLAYWITHSIX hasnt picked this up, could you guys put this into the next game version so it can be updated with playwithsix :)

would be really appreciated.

or even use JSRS compatible sounds :P

ok so the Ak's do not make any sound???

---------- Post added at 11:45 ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 ----------

this fixed the issue, PLAYWITHSIX hasnt picked this up, could you guys put this into the next game version so it can be updated with playwithsix :)

would be really appreciated.

or even use JSRS compatible sounds :P

That patch/fix is not an official patch. It was done with permission of the mod maker as a temporary solution until the CAF team are ready to release their next mod update. So in other words I doubt the mod authors are planning to do much with that fix mentioned in your post.

I am using that patch myself until the official patch comes out.

Erm, sorry to say Ohally, but you may have to delay the update again. There's been some implementation of inertia in weapons handling in devbranch, with documentation to follow soon. It may be worth waiting for.

Erm, sorry to say Ohally, but you may have to delay the update again. There's been some implementation of inertia in weapons handling in devbranch, with documentation to follow soon. It may be worth waiting for.

Oh crap. Ohally may just give up all together here and now, I've been looking forward to some of the new content for months. This sucks.

Oh crap. Ohally may just give up all together here and now, I've been looking forward to some of the new content for months. This sucks.

this is no reason to just give up...

Quick information:

Pack is still on track for update in the next couple weeks, if the inertia update comes out before Aggressors updates, I WILL delay until that is implemented.

The weapons in this pack were ported from A2 by myself, not used from another pack. (All content in this pack is done by myself or OHally.)

The Tamil Tigers army is 80% complete, and being used / tested internally. It may meld into a generic SouthEast Asian Army, depending how much time I have to put towards the completion of the pack's update.

A couple new Aggressor's weapons will be making a show as well.

The Ural trucks portion of the pack is 75% (ish) complete. Working out some issues. A few other vehicles may be added as well. (Again, depending on time.)

Compatibility with Zeus and MCC is complete and being tested internally.

@theebu - thanks for yr info & work :icon_dj:

Edited by Spoor

Thanks for the update theebu. Looking forward to it. :)

Thanks for the update, very good news.

I hope you and Ohally reconsider supporting the mod(s) in the future, perhaps after a time away from it you guys will get the ich again. Most mods go into an unsupported phase where the community take over support, I use a few of those now myself but the Aggressors mod is certainly one of the more popular mods in use, it would be a shame to let it fade away.

Thanks for continuing the work.

Good news, it's nice to see that you will also include some extras besides fixing the sounds. Looking forward for the release!

Very nice to see that update is comeing, really this units are the best to kill :p, hope you will change your mind one day and continue working on this mod.

am getting an error with CAF and ALiVE. Its basically a config.bin error about ROBES, it is loading units with half CAF and have Opfor loadouts.

am getting an error with CAF and ALiVE. Its basically a config.bin error about ROBES, it is loading units with half CAF and have Opfor loadouts.

Anyone out there? sounds like others are having this issue too?

Anyone out there? sounds like others are having this issue too?

The new Aggressors Patch is due out in a week or two. The patch is suppose to address most, if not all, of the recent updates to the Arma 3 engine that may have broke the Aggressors pack. If the problem happened as a result of the recent Arma 3 updates then hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Can someone get me the exact error? We're not getting it in the beta build so I want to make sure it's addressed.

Hi theebu,

Hopefully we are getting close to a release soon, any chance of a sneak peak of the new content?