ohally

Arma3 - AGGRESSORS

would you like to see aggressors stay standalone  

403 members have voted

1. 1. would you like to see aggressors stay standalone

• Yes, I like that it has little to no requirements
    • No, if dependencies expand content go for it

Here is the link to the Zeus fix.: https://db.tt/DKggJrgq

It is pack as a .pbo and are in a mod folder ready to use but you can put the pbo in the @CAF folder..

Youtube movie that shows it works:

A test of the Zeus fix for CAF Aggressors on our server with 12 people, seems to work just fine..

(The spoken language is Danish)

Edited by Ace the brewer
A bigger test of the Zeus fix

CAF Aggressors + All Fixes

Size: 519 MB

Download Link

Packed all the fixes together into the "@CAF_AG" folder so installing the mod is as simple as putting the folder into your ArmA 3 directory and enabling it.

Comes with a very brief ReadMe.txt file that contains credits, faction classnames, and list of what fixes are included. I didn't include Ace the brewer's Zeus fix.

Edited by Phronk
Link updated: JonBons given credit for Audio Fix.

Bad news for me. With JonBons Audio FIX our dedicated server wont show up online anymore. server loaded, get his ports and so on but not possible to connect to it. :( I think it has to do with the server key, as soon as i insert him in the keys folder no one is able to join (just the back connection screen, not able to start a connection with the serveR). also the dedicated exe dont shut down right, i need to kill the task! Damn.... :mad:

And we also experienced the strange weakness of CAF. Its not the armor, they just feel dump? We will have an 20 ppl coop event tonight (without the hotfix :( ) and we will see. I will report.

Edited by Numrollen

And we also experienced the strange weakness of CAF. Its not the armor, they just feel dump? We will have an 20 ppl coop event tonight (without the hotfix :( ) and we will see. I will report.

I notice, despite tweaking their AI settings in a variety of ways, that their accuracy compared to either default units of other modded units is realllllly bad. Like, they fire in very short bursts and miss a lot. Maybe I should FRAPS a video of a Massi's rangers versus CAF Aggressors tribals to show? We're talking 1 ranger dies for about every 20 tribals. I don't think its just the armor because they don't even seem to wind up hitting their opponents even at close range.

Edited by Gfresco

I notice, despite tweaking their AI settings in a variety of ways, that their accuracy compared to either default units of other modded units is realllllly bad. Like, they fire in very short bursts and miss a lot. Maybe I should FRAPS a video of a Massi's rangers versus CAF Aggressors tribals to show? We're talking 1 ranger dies for about every 20 tribals. I don't think its just the armor because they don't even seem to wind up hitting their opponents even at close range.

Technically its correct, look at real combat footage, they are missing most of the time (hence why they disappear when we fire back, because they cannot combat us properly so they use guerrilla tactics)

Technically its correct, look at real combat footage, they are missing most of the time (hence why they disappear when we fire back, because they cannot combat us properly so they use guerrilla tactics)

Thats very different behavior IRL, that what we're talking about here. What I am describing is 2 even numbered squads of around 10 men fighting at a distance of roughly 150metres, neither side having radically better cover then the other. What I am observing, and what I believe the other commentators, are observing is the fact that despite equal arma AI settings, the aggressors are missing much much more. At ranges of 150m their AK's with ironsights should be fine.

Ohally pointed out that conventional forces will have plate-carriers giving substantially more survivability and that might be the disparity. That certainly is playing a role in the observed outcome, but doesn't explain why on equal AI settings, the aggressors are seemingly greatly more inaccurate.

This has literally NOTHING to do with the real life insurgent tactics and skills of the Taliban, NADA. We're talking about the AI behavior in a video game. The AI should be just as good as eachother, on equal settings. This is not aggressors AI using "Guerilla tactics" this is them just plain missing/being lousy shots with the same AI settings as other units.

All I'm trying to figure out is if this is due to some sort of setting or third party mod I'm using (which I dont believe so since I've tested this with & without the ALiVE modules & other AI addons) or something to due with the AGGRESSOR units themselves.

I'm creating now a mission with the middle east tribal and Massi's rangers, and I promise that they response as they need. The only things is that the rangers have very good armor, and the insurgents not at all. I think it is quite realistic :O

Thats good to know, it might be entirely on my end. If you can, would you mind FRAPsing a brief 1-2 minute video of a firefight between them so I can compare it on my end? I'm making one myself of what I'm seeing.

Very bad quality sorry, something went wront with virutaldub. But whatever. 10 tribals vs 10 rangers. The insurgents starts looking the rangers. The rangers show them their backs so they are handicaped. But it's just to show that they can still kill some men... But for sure they are worse. But it's normal IMO.

Very bad quality sorry, something went wront with virutaldub. But whatever. 10 tribals vs 10 rangers. The insurgents starts looking the rangers. The rangers show them their backs so they are handicaped. But it's just to show that they can still kill some men... But for sure they are worse. But it's normal IMO.

if thats Massis mods, all of his mods have his units set to spec ops, so they are much more accurate and tactical.

if thats Massis mods, all of his mods have his units set to spec ops, so they are much more accurate and tactical.

So do you still think there's a problem with the CAF units ?

Oh okay, I think this fully answers it between the plate carriers & the specops. Thanks for helping me figure this out and appreciate the video, that definetly clarified alot for me.

So do you still think there's a problem with the CAF units ?

I dont think so after seeing the video & reading what the other posters have said.

Oh okay, I think this fully answers it between the plate carriers & the specops. Thanks for helping me figure this out and appreciate the video, that definetly clarified alot for me.

I dont think so after seeing the video & reading what the other posters have said.

do it with vanilla NATO units and try, that should even things out some

Hey guys, quick update. I am working on adding the sound and zeus fixes as well as a few other fixes (mostly RPT). My current intent is to clean up what currently exists, not add any new content.

Hey guys, quick update. I am working on adding the sound and zeus fixes as well as a few other fixes (mostly RPT). My current intent is to clean up what currently exists, not add any new content.

Hi theebu,

will there still be an update with new content (Tamil Tigers) towards the end of summer as previously mentioned?

I hope the Aggressors pack and the CAF pack will continue to be updated and supported in the future. Both mods are the core of my Arma 3 game time.

its greatly appreciated all the work that you, Ohally and others have done on these mods.

Hi theebu,

will there still be an update with new content (Tamil Tigers) towards the end of summer as previously mentioned?

I hope the Aggressors pack and the CAF pack will continue to be updated and supported in the future. Both mods are the core of my Arma 3 game time.

its greatly appreciated all the work that you, Ohally and others have done on these mods.

It IS my intention to get that faction out, as well as a group based on the myanmar army.

Thank you for your response theebu.

I look forward to it.

Heres a quick question for anyone that makes missions with the middle eastern tribals: If you want to distinguish one unit as a leader/commander of sorts, what do you do? Since there aren't any distinct "officer" units, do you add any unique items/gear/whatever to indicate them as one? In a mission I'm making one of my randomly assigned side-tasks is to kill an insurgent commander but its rather hard for the player to discern which of the units would likely be the commander.

I would give him some unique gear, primarily another uniform. The vanilla "Guerilla Uniform" could probably work to make him look more commanderish, while still looking like a rebel.

Put a beret on his head and avoid it on the others.

Or give him no special clothes, but just make him walk around and talk to others who salute him. Just in case you plan to have him identified by the player who is a sniper observing the scene for a longer period of time. That would make it purposely a bit harder to identifiy him but still be unambiguous.

Put a beret on his head and avoid it on the others.

Or give him no special clothes, but just make him walk around and talk to others who salute him. Just in case you plan to have him identified by the player who is a sniper observing the scene for a longer period of time. That would make it purposely a bit harder to identifiy him but still be unambiguous.

The Aggressors mod does randomization on head gear. You can assign a beret to the leader but if it appears in game its only by chance that a beret was randomly selected. The leader will have different head gear each time the game launches.

I also use the Terrorist pack in game. for leaders or other special targets I slip in model from that pack, just one or two. They are harder to kill then Aggressors because they have armour values but sometimes that's okay, makes the main objective more challenging and less likely to die from collateral damage.

The End of summer is near Ohally.. :P ;)

Progress is being made, have no fear. It may be into September before the release though.