ohally

Arma3 - AGGRESSORS

would you like to see aggressors stay standalone  

404 members have voted

1. 1. would you like to see aggressors stay standalone

• Yes, I like that it has little to no requirements
    • No, if dependencies expand content go for it

Eh, I don't think the weapons are supposed to be that pretty, just functional. Wouldn't want to get the Chugs cause all the bad guys have HD weapons.

As for your second point, it's not that difficult to do so. You can place an Aggressor, then link him to a soldier of the faction of your choice. After that you make sure that the soldier is of a higher rank (I use the highest to make sure, Col.) and set his probability to zero. That way, the Aggressor will still be aligned to that faction, but the other guy won't be on the field. Same for groups.

Good tip, thanks.

Cartman;2708669']Hi Ohally' date='

I changed the config files in the faction pbo to make the mod compatible with zeus. Maybe you consider to change this with the next update. ;)

Couldn't play ArmA without Takis. Keep up the good work.

[url']http://www.file-upload.net/download-9051168/caf_ag_factions.pbo.html[/url]

Does this work on a Server? If I chuck that edited faction pbo onto a dedicated server, do all the clients need it or just those using Zeus? Or does noone at all need it?

Excellent mod! Please can you help me - I need to force a model to use a Bin Laden type skin - iow I don't want anything to cover the models face.

The problem is the randomization script seems to change the skin each time the mission is loaded.

Is there a way to get around this?

Cheers

Rick

Excellent mod! Please can you help me - I need to force a model to use a Bin Laden type skin - iow I don't want anything to cover the models face.

The problem is the randomization script seems to change the skin each time the mission is loaded.

Is there a way to get around this?

Cheers

Rick

For special persons in my missions I typically use a different Faction (CSAT or something) but put the classnames for clothing, weapons and face in the init field. That way you have complete control of how the Bad guy boss looks. Use the Aggressors cloths and they will have the same ballistic properties as the Aggressors themselves (none).

P.S. I've never tried this for a guy with a beard before, I don't know what face Id use in that circumstance.

Its MOA accuracy, 1 MOA = 1 inch at 100 yards or 93 meters. The Insurgent snipers have an MOA of 2 and will knock you on your ass at 400 meters easily if they get a shot off. I personally use ALIVE, and when using ALIVE my MOA values give a very very realistic feel to firefight duration(...)

Sounds interesting, would you mind to share your MOA values? You've also mentioned above that you do have edited ammunition too but I can't find them in your release thread, do you have a public release planned?

ASR AI and especially Default are not as well developed as ALIVE AI, at least in my honest opinion, I am not saying ASR AI is bad, I just don't think they offer as much as ALIVE.

(...)

You are talking about Alive's AI Skill module as illustrated on the linked screenshot right?

http://i.gyazo.com/ed1ab8880e9fa0e7c9e675e9fa634b9a.png

If so, could you please share your settings?

Thanks for your work Spartan!

Sounds interesting, would you mind to share your MOA values? You've also mentioned above that you do have edited ammunition too but I can't find them in your release thread, do you have a public release planned?

You are talking about Alive's AI Skill module as illustrated on the linked screenshot right?

http://i.gyazo.com/ed1ab8880e9fa0e7c9e675e9fa634b9a.png

If so, could you please share your settings?

Thanks for your work Spartan!

For the CAF Aggressors pack I made a special set of ballistics for the AK-47, AK-74, SVD, PKM, and the RPK-74. The bullets I chose for them to use are early production rounds not modern ones with better performance, this is due to the availability of older rounds that are known to be shipped and used by insurgent forces (these are not standard/elite military units). It is for this reason why I have decided not to publicly release the data on these rounds, rather I would freely supply them to people making insurgent/rebel forces packs using AK style assault weapons.

I am not the server editor, just an admin for our =SWF= Insurgency server, I have no clue what our settings are, I can ask my friend what he has the ALIVE values set to for AI Skill, all I know is at 50m with a PKM I have been 2-3 "shotted" with the insurgent missing no more than 1-2 rounds intermittently. The SVD Insurgent snipers are extremely lethal at 200m and if not taken out as priority some BLUFOR unit usually dies in 1-2 shots.

Please remember an AK-47 with an accuracy of 10 MOA means a 10 inch spread at 93 meters (pretty much round up to 100m for combat effect), this is not 10 inches on your screen but ArmA's definition of 10 inches in dispersion which if it is as accurate as some claim, it would be C/M (Center of Mass) accuracy 1st shot on a standing target with no momentum. By adjusting your AI skills appropriately you can get some very accurate results, if you do not like the MOA ratings edit the pack for your own use and change them, some weapons got a nerf others got a buff.

Edited by Spartan0536

@Spartan

Keep in mind that, as far as I know, ALIVE is not doing anything special with AI (except possibly the CQB guys). The AI skill module sets the say AI skills as ASR or any number of other things do. It's just a question of what exact settings are used.

I'm very interested in seeing what settings the SWF server is using if you are getting good results.

@Spartan

Keep in mind that, as far as I know, ALIVE is not doing anything special with AI (except possibly the CQB guys). The AI skill module sets the say AI skills as ASR or any number of other things do. It's just a question of what exact settings are used.

I'm very interested in seeing what settings the SWF server is using if you are getting good results.

As soon as I can get in contact with our mission editor I will ask him for our current values, I know we play on Regular Difficulty as we are still getting some of our newer ArmA III members acquainted with the system. As for your PM, I sent you back a reply, I just called ATK's Washington DC Defense HQ (Alliant Tech Systems) office and asked for the G1 Drag Functions for their 2 30x113mm combat rounds, who knows if they will get me the info. If they can not supply it, I can get the info from some friends of mine currently in the US Military, it does not look like its A level Security classified to me so far.

Sorry to hijack your thread Ohally.

(...)It is for this reason why I have decided not to publicly release the data on these rounds, I would freely supply them to people making insurgent/rebel forces packs using AK style assault weapons.

I'm managing my team's addons pack and while I have not intent to release anything (because I modify other author's work), thus I would be very interested by your figures and I fully understand what you do simulate there.

Could you please share them?

I am not the server editor, just an admin for our =SWF= Insurgency server, I have no clue what our settings are, I can ask my friend what he has the ALIVE values set to for AI Skill,(...)

That would be greatly appreciated Spartan as we are always searching for the most immersive gameplay.

Thanks for any help you could provide!

Decided to try my own server and I am receiving an error stating, You cannot play this mission because it is dependent on downloadable content.....caf_wp_weapons_ak47

The mission works perfect on coop - not dedicated - and dont have any errors.

Only in dedicated server I find this error.

Someone have this problem?

Gday Ohally. Just a heads up that weapon config changes in the latest dev builds have broken pretty much all 3rd party sound mods, including the weapon sounds in Aggressors. I'm getting this popping up now: No entry 'config.bin/CfgWeapons/caf_AK47/FullAuto.StandardSound.

I hope it's not too much work for you to fix.

tpw, we were having similar issues but they went away when we stopped using @TMR. No issues with sounds since then and we use JSRS, CAF_AG, and a lot of other addons.

tpw, we were having similar issues but they went away when we stopped using @TMR. No issues with sounds since then and we use JSRS, CAF_AG, and a lot of other addons.

Seeing as JSRS has not been updated to the new method you might not be getting errors but you sure wont be using the JSRS sounds (apart from scripted ones like distance)

Hi Rath. Good call mate, I disabled TMR (reluctantly) and got the JSRS sounds back as expected. The CAF AG errors still pop up though. While I can understand the need for BIS to overhaul weapon configs, the effect it's having on all my favourite community material is a serious pain in the arse.

Gday Ohally. Just a heads up that weapon config changes in the latest dev builds have broken pretty much all 3rd party sound mods, including the weapon sounds in Aggressors. I'm getting this popping up now: No entry 'config.bin/CfgWeapons/caf_AK47/FullAuto.StandardSound.

I hope it's not too much work for you to fix.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll take a look as soon as I can, looks like BIS just fucked me out of summer vacation as all the CAF and Aggressors sounds are from JSRS. I'm growing very sick of this.

I found a fix (workaround). for the problem.

Remove all the CAF middle east units from map and change them for terrorist units to avoid error.

Is anybody getting a config.bn/ConfigVehicles/Car_F/Turrents/viewOptics.primary/Observer message? It's really annoying, whats the cause and fix of this?

I found a fix (workaround). for the problem.

Remove all the CAF middle east units from map and change them for terrorist units to avoid error.

I had the same error on my community server. I made new keys to server and clients and solved the problem.

IGNORE:

AK74 units only fire on a unit in the open, firing on them at like 20 meters. Maybe less than that. Sniper will engage just fine, but his buddies just stare and toss grenades. Not running any AI mods, just using the Alive AI Skill Module.

I tried this on a blank map with a bunch of the units down, firing at them and walking down an airfield towards them. Same issue.

AK47 guys are a bit better, but still extremely lacking.

Considering that in Afghanistan you have insurgents popping off shots from hundreds of meters away, this is pretty disappointing. Could it be a map issue maybe? I seem to remmeber them being okay on takistan.

RPK guys will engage at a very low rate of fire at a couple of hundred meters. PKM guys also hold fire until you're right on top of them. Units with this issue are so unwilling to shoot you can get up on them with a pistol and kill them with ease.

For anyone with the same issues, you need to look up the patches. For some gorramn reason they are totally separate files on Armaholic. That stuff needs to be sorted out because man, that's weird.

Edited by MordeaniisChaos

Hi Ohally,

Great, great mod. I am having a lot of fun with it offline. But, for some reason, it does not let me connect to the Steam Server when I try to use it on a Linux dedicated server. During server initialization, I get an error that reads:

Conflicting addon caf_ag_equip_me_backpack in 'caf_ag_equip_c\middleeast\backpacks\', previous definition in '

caf_ag_equip_c\easteurope\backpacks\'

I do not know if that is what is causing the problem, but it seems to be the only error I get related to @caf_ag.

Thanks for the help, and thanks for the great mod!! I will continue to use it offline no matter what!

RAS

Edited by RASmith1030

We get this error in the server RPT:

Conflicting addon caf_ag_equip_me_backpack in 'caf_ag_equip_c\middleeast\backpacks\', previous definition in 'caf_ag_equip_c\easteurope\backpacks\'

File caf_ag_factions\indep\config.cpp, line 130: '/CfgVehicles/CAF_AG_EEUR_RI_AK47.side': Missing ';' prior '}'

File caf_ag_factions\indep\config.cpp, line 131: '/CfgVehicles/CAF_AG_EEUR_RI_RPK74.side': Missing ';' prior '}'

File caf_ag_factions\indep\config.cpp, line 132: '/CfgVehicles/CAF_AG_EEUR_RI_PKM.side': Missing ';' prior '}'

File caf_ag_factions\indep\config.cpp, line 133: '/CfgVehicles/CAF_AG_EEUR_RI_AK74.side': Missing ';' prior '}'

File caf_ag_factions\indep\config.cpp, line 134: '/CfgVehicles/CAF_AG_EEUR_RI_GL.side': Missing ';' prior '}'

File caf_ag_factions\indep\config.cpp, line 135: '/CfgVehicles/CAF_AG_EEUR_RI_RPG.side': Missing ';' prior '}'

File caf_ag_factions\indep\config.cpp, line 136: '/CfgVehicles/CAF_AG_EEUR_RI_SVD.side': Missing ';' prior '}'

File caf_ag_factions\indep\config.cpp, line 138: '/CfgVehicles/CAF_AG_EEUR_RI_van_01.crew': Missing ';' prior '}'

File caf_ag_factions\indep\config.cpp, line 139: '/CfgVehicles/CAF_AG_EEUR_RI_Offroad.crew': Missing ';' prior '}'

File caf_ag_factions\indep\config.cpp, line 140: '/CfgVehicles/CAF_AG_EEUR_RI_Offroad_armed_01.crew': Missing ';' prior '}'

File caf_ag_factions\indep\config.cpp, line 143: '/CfgVehicles/CAF_AG_ME_TI_AK47.side': Missing ';' prior '}'

File caf_ag_factions\indep\config.cpp, line 144: '/CfgVehicles/CAF_AG_ME_TI_RPK74.side': Missing ';' prior '}'

File caf_ag_factions\indep\config.cpp, line 145: '/CfgVehicles/CAF_AG_ME_TI_PKM.side': Missing ';' prior '}'

File caf_ag_factions\indep\config.cpp, line 146: '/CfgVehicles/CAF_AG_ME_TI_AK74.side': Missing ';' prior '}'

File caf_ag_factions\indep\config.cpp, line 147: '/CfgVehicles/CAF_AG_ME_TI_GL.side': Missing ';' prior '}'

File caf_ag_factions\indep\config.cpp, line 148: '/CfgVehicles/CAF_AG_ME_TI_RPG.side': Missing ';' prior '}'

File caf_ag_factions\indep\config.cpp, line 149: '/CfgVehicles/CAF_AG_ME_TI_SVD.side': Missing ';' prior '}'

File caf_ag_factions\indep\config.cpp, line 151: '/CfgVehicles/CAF_AG_ME_TI_van_01.crew': Missing ';' prior '}'

File caf_ag_factions\indep\config.cpp, line 152: '/CfgVehicles/CAF_AG_ME_TI_Offroad.crew': Missing ';' prior '}'

File caf_ag_factions\indep\config.cpp, line 153: '/CfgVehicles/CAF_AG_ME_TI_Offroad_armed_01.crew': Missing ';' prior '}'

File caf_ag_factions\indep\config.cpp, line 155: '/CfgVehicles/CAF_AG_AFR_PI_AK47.side': Missing ';' prior '}'

File caf_ag_factions\indep\config.cpp, line 156: '/CfgVehicles/CAF_AG_AFR_PI_RPK74.side': Missing ';' prior '}'

File caf_ag_factions\indep\config.cpp, line 157: '/CfgVehicles/CAF_AG_AFR_PI_PKM.side': Missing ';' prior '}'

File caf_ag_factions\indep\config.cpp, line 158: '/CfgVehicles/CAF_AG_AFR_PI_AK74.side': Missing ';' prior '}'

File caf_ag_factions\indep\config.cpp, line 159: '/CfgVehicles/CAF_AG_AFR_PI_GL.side': Missing ';' prior '}'

File caf_ag_factions\indep\config.cpp, line 160: '/CfgVehicles/CAF_AG_AFR_PI_RPG.side': Missing ';' prior '}'

File caf_ag_factions\indep\config.cpp, line 161: '/CfgVehicles/CAF_AG_AFR_PI_SVD.side': Missing ';' prior '}'

File caf_ag_factions\indep\config.cpp, line 163: '/CfgVehicles/CAF_AG_AFR_PI_van_01.crew': Missing ';' prior '}'

File caf_ag_factions\indep\config.cpp, line 164: '/CfgVehicles/CAF_AG_AFR_PI_Offroad.crew': Missing ';' prior '}'

File caf_ag_factions\indep\config.cpp, line 165: '/CfgVehicles/CAF_AG_AFR_PI_Offroad_armed_01.crew': Missing ';' prior '}'

Due to constant changes in the way BIS does business I will no longer be creating mods for this game. I don't have a lot of spare time and lately it's been spent re-writing things because BIS continues to make significant changes to the ARMA 3 structure. I will be hacking away at cleaning up my mods and do a final release near the end of this summer, this includes: Canadian Armed Forces; Aggressors; Static Line Chutes; and Boats. Once that release is done all source data will also be released for all mods for anyone interested in picking up the torch.

I will likely produce more small projects in my own time but for now I need to step back and leave it be while BIS finishes their games in their own time.

**this has been posted in each of my threads.

Thanks for all the great work you've done. Really appreciated and enjoyed

Cheers