ohally

Arma3 - AGGRESSORS

would you like to see aggressors stay standalone  

404 members have voted

1. 1. would you like to see aggressors stay standalone

• Yes, I like that it has little to no requirements
    • No, if dependencies expand content go for it

Hey! Any news on the new factions, languages, or the new vehicles? Thanks :)

Asking for news/updates is considered spam in this forums ( read the rules ). When the Addon makers consider fine, they will inform us :)

Asking for news/updates is considered spam in this forums ( read the rules ). When the Addon makers consider fine, they will inform us :)

Of course, sorry about that!

My unit's commander and other members have a problem where the game crashes whenever hosting on any server other than SP

My unit's commander and other members have a problem where the game crashes whenever hosting on any server other than SP

This statement has nothing to do with Aggressors, if it does you may want to give some actual information other than that your shit is crashing.

Don't know what it has to do with Aggressors any how, my servers have had zeros issues and thats with 30 + players connected

This statement has nothing to do with Aggressors, if it does you may want to give some actual information other than that your shit is crashing.

Don't know what it has to do with Aggressors any how, my servers have had zeros issues and thats with 30 + players connected

we found out it wasnt, it was working fine but the glitch coincidently happened when we added this mod

we found out it wasnt, it was working fine but the glitch coincidently happened when we added this mod

Try to consider which addon is conflict with aggresors.

Hi O'Hally

Downloaded today & have had a good look at the various units. Very fine work, my thanks to you & to team :)

dafuq? is this something on my end?

"Please keep in mind this mod is created for use as opposing forces only at this time. The weapons are not designed or tested for player use so animations and textures may be lacking in quality"

THE FIRST POST ON JUST ABOUT EVERY THREAD ANSWERS MOST QUESTIONS, Read them first

The PKM that they drop works fine and is actually a beast of a weapon.

Love the units!

Someone needs to expand on it so they have anti-air off-roads, as well as more units so they don't all look so a like.

Plus a more civies that look like the badies so people have to watch their shot.

2 thumbs up hear tho :D

Firstly I thought I would thank all of those involved in the CAF Aggressor development.

Secondly I would like to add a small config bug that is not listed in the known issues on the first page. The Tribal agressor with classname "CAF_AG_ME_T_GL" uses an AK-74 with underslung grenade launcher. For some reason, the standard AK74 magazines provided to this unit do not load into the weapon. However the grenade rounds for the launcher work fine. The AI do not appear to be able to use this either; you can test this by standing 10m away from them and they are unable to engage you.

Thirdly, I have a question regarding the strela anti-air launcher. It appears that this weapon is only randomly assigned to Tribal Aggressors as there is no "Solder (AA/Strela)" in any of the editor lists. Am I correct in assuming that this weapon system is only occasionally given to an RPG class or similar?

Thanks.

Firstly I thought I would thank all of those involved in the CAF Aggressor development.

Secondly I would like to add a small config bug that is not listed in the known issues on the first page. The Tribal agressor with classname "CAF_AG_ME_T_GL" uses an AK-74 with underslung grenade launcher. For some reason, the standard AK74 magazines provided to this unit do not load into the weapon. However the grenade rounds for the launcher work fine. The AI do not appear to be able to use this either; you can test this by standing 10m away from them and they are unable to engage you.

Thirdly, I have a question regarding the strela anti-air launcher. It appears that this weapon is only randomly assigned to Tribal Aggressors as there is no "Solder (AA/Strela)" in any of the editor lists. Am I correct in assuming that this weapon system is only occasionally given to an RPG class or similar?

Thanks.

Correct, to simulate the fact that most of the represented factions in aggressors have limited access to AA missiles and launchers they are given a randomization for it. This is to make the pack more user friendly with ALIVE i.e. the CQB module, so it does not spawn AA units by the hundreds making thing both unrealistic and difficult. This will NOT change.

If you are not using ALIVE and would like to say have an AA soldier as a part of a mission simply add the weapon manually through the unit's init.

Correct, to simulate the fact that most of the represented factions in aggressors have limited access to AA missiles and launchers they are given a randomization for it. This is to make the pack more user friendly with ALIVE i.e. the CQB module, so it does not spawn AA units by the hundreds making thing both unrealistic and difficult. This will NOT change.

If you are not using ALIVE and would like to say have an AA soldier as a part of a mission simply add the weapon manually through the unit's init.

I do not need require it to change, I was just interested in how it was set up (I quite like the idea!) I could always just manually addWeapon to a unit if I needed some AA at a specific location.

My main issue was the AK74GL having no compatible magazine.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

The main problem could be if you don't want any AA at all in a mission. A variable setted true in the pre_init could be a good idea, so anyone can disable it easily, but it's just an idea!

The main problem could be if you don't want any AA at all in a mission. A variable setted true in the pre_init could be a good idea, so anyone can disable it easily, but it's just an idea!

I agree. In SP, the apparition of a sudden random AA can change the whole mission ( it has happened to me ).

Long time user and huge fan of Aggressors here. We use them in pretty much every single mission we do. :D

Is there some sort of functionality built into Aggressors that makes units throw smoke when under fire/taking casualties? Together with MCC and Alive units throw quite alot of smokes when getting fired upon and with the different Aggressors units that feels a bit off. I've posted the same question in the MCC thread and has gotten a confirmation that MCC indeed adds this, but just wanted to check if Aggressors itself adds this tactic aswell to the enemy AI.

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work! :D

Great Mod, love using them on CLAfghan with massi's US Army Rangers, great sense of immersion once again.

I second the call for a possibily to remove the AA, although they make helo insertions a lot more challenging it would be nice if there was a module or something to disable them, as the Taliban in Afghanistan currently don't possess these weapons in great numbers

Long time user and huge fan of Aggressors here. We use them in pretty much every single mission we do. :D

Is there some sort of functionality built into Aggressors that makes units throw smoke when under fire/taking casualties? Together with MCC and Alive units throw quite alot of smokes when getting fired upon and with the different Aggressors units that feels a bit off. I've posted the same question in the MCC thread and has gotten a confirmation that MCC indeed adds this, but just wanted to check if Aggressors itself adds this tactic aswell to the enemy AI.

I have the same problem with MCC and I think the core of the issue is that some Aggressor factions should not have smoke in their inventory (middle east and africa just from the top of my mind). I'll probably run a script to remove their smoke grenades (but don't know how to do it if I declare them to respawn in MCC).

spirit6 answered in my post in the MCC that he can add a smoke disable config option in an update so that's pretty awesome :)

Just wanted to check that the other main mods we are running doesnt add/throw smokes aswell.

Aggressors do no have any additional functionality to the AI. The exception being the clothing they wear has no armour value, unlike default A3 stuff, so they don't take 1000 rounds to drop

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

Great Mod, love using them on CLAfghan with massi's US Army Rangers, great sense of immersion once again.

I second the call for a possibily to remove the AA, although they make helo insertions a lot more challenging it would be nice if there was a module or something to disable them, as the Taliban in Afghanistan currently don't possess these weapons in great numbers

that's why the middle east tribal fighters have a 1% chance in spawning with one vs the eastern European rebels with a 5-10% chance.

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

I have the same problem with MCC and I think the core of the issue is that some Aggressor factions should not have smoke in their inventory (middle east and africa just from the top of my mind). I'll probably run a script to remove their smoke grenades (but don't know how to do it if I declare them to respawn in MCC).

Interesting thought, don't see why they wouldn't you can buy smoke grenades at a military surplus. It's not like its a rare or expensive thing to get your hands on. just because you don't see it in movies doesn't mean these groups do not poses them. FYI most of the units have been configged to not carry smoke in favour of extra magazines.

Interesting thought, don't see why they wouldn't you can buy smoke grenades at a military surplus. It's not like its a rare or expensive thing to get your hands on. just because you don't see it in movies doesn't mean these groups do not poses them. FYI most of the units have been configged to not carry smoke in favour of extra magazines.

Thx for the info. It's just that with MCC, AIs tend to throw smoke a little late: it's not masking them, it's revealing them when you have lost track of them, a behaviour I wanted to change (and that I will with a simple script to remove the smoke grenade from their inventory, until the AIs can user them properly or not at all).

Thx again for this great mod !

Ohally: thanks for the answer, much appreciated.