ohally

Arma3 - AGGRESSORS

would you like to see aggressors stay standalone  

404 members have voted

1. 1. would you like to see aggressors stay standalone

• Yes, I like that it has little to no requirements
    • No, if dependencies expand content go for it

Hotfix frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Ohally) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

To get ambient civilians working with Middle Eastern units, I used the TPW Civ script and changed the classnames of the civilian units such as "Civ_F" to the Middle Eastern civilian classnames. Works in singleplayer and client-hosted multiplayer, but haven't tested dedicated hosted yet.

Thanks so much for this!!!

I have the files on my PC and on the server overwritten with the Hotfix, but I still get the error:

You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.

caf_wp_weapons_ak74

i can play the mission with Blu/Indep, but when i enter with Middle East i have the error.

I launched the mod normaly, before the update everything went well.

Edited by 19thCypeRevenge

Just edit the mission file in Notepad++ to remove any dependancies then load up in the editor.

You could always try and just do a find and replace on the unit that is bugged and replace with say a Blufor unit classname you would easily spot on the map, go in to the editor, and remove.

Simples

SJ

Deleted, read that wrong, thought you were talking about the "Make ARMA Not War"

Edited by Ohally

sorted, easy in the end, thanks :)

Edited by Katipo66

Excellent mod. Makes insurgency with middle eastern civilians and insurgents much more interesting and immersive, rather than having guys wearing tourist and PMC clothing.

Just wanted to report two issues, but I forgot to take screenshots:

• RPG doesn't visually reveal the rocket loaded in the RPG (at least in first person, didn't check in third)
  • I've noticed some of the units have odd graphical/shadow artifacts that extend out of them. It's a very thin line, but sometimes I would the shadow of this long artifact sticking out of the guy before he turned a corner. Not a game breaking issue, but would be nice if it could be resolved. :)

Thanks again for this great mod! Look forward to further improvements/expansions to it!

Excellent mod. Makes insurgency with middle eastern civilians and insurgents much more interesting and immersive, rather than having guys wearing tourist and PMC clothing.

Just wanted to report two issues, but I forgot to take screenshots:

• RPG doesn't visually reveal the rocket loaded in the RPG (at least in first person, didn't check in third)
  • I've noticed some of the units have odd graphical/shadow artifacts that extend out of them. It's a very thin line, but sometimes I would the shadow of this long artifact sticking out of the guy before he turned a corner. Not a game breaking issue, but would be nice if it could be resolved. :)

Thanks again for this great mod! Look forward to further improvements/expansions to it!

-RPG, are you using AT or HE, only AT round have the iconic conical head, HE is more of a cylinder

-That's the turban model, I'm aware but haven't gotten around to fixing.

Just edit the mission file in Notepad++ to remove any dependancies then load up in the editor.

You could always try and just do a find and replace on the unit that is bugged and replace with say a Blufor unit classname you would easily spot on the map, go in to the editor, and remove.

Simples

SJ

Ok this works, I try today

Can you let me know all gear's class name? such as rifle or clothe?

It would seem the AI in 1.5 have had a change or a bug in them. Ive tested with vanilla and with mods like AISS and ASR and it seems the AI does not want to shoot back at all. Im currently watching the three factions get slaughtered by a single NATO unit by the fact they dont want to shoot. Ive tested across vanilla and A3MP maps and they have behaved the same. This is with the most recent ArmA update as well.

It would seem the AI in 1.5 have had a change or a bug in them. Ive tested with vanilla and with mods like AISS and ASR and it seems the AI does not want to shoot back at all. Im currently watching the three factions get slaughtered by a single NATO unit by the fact they dont want to shoot. Ive tested across vanilla and A3MP maps and they have behaved the same. This is with the most recent ArmA update as well.

Oh they shoot back! This is 1.5 but pre update.

Edited by Gunny1979

I can confirm this. We killed 90+ Aggressor Taliban (caf_ag_me_t) with no deaths last night (10+ players) , the Ai will throw grenades but will not fire at you, at least not unless you are 5 metres from them. This was on the latest A3 stable 115915 and 1.5 Aggressors. I might point out that Gunny's video was made pre A3 stable 115915 release.

I didnt have a chance to try before arma itself updated. Ive litteraly danced on these guys and they didnt seem to mind. Can anyone link a bug tracker cause I'm not seeing any.

This appears to be a game issue not a mod issue. So the non existent bug tracker is not required. Has anyone tried the vanilla opfor with different results?

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

Oh they shoot back! This is 1.5 but pre update.

Awesome vid !

I agree that the AI do not shoot back. I tested the same scenario with both agressors and CSAT soldiers. Middle East soldiers were slayed down easly.

Thanks for this great addition.

Note: I test it with the mcc just creating a group of soldiers on a certain region of the map like Takistan. CSAT and Middle East AI's behave different both in SP and MP.

Edited by cihaners

i'd say its a game bug, but i will say using AI advancements mods like Bcombat will help i believe , (Bcombat is MP compatible just i hear theres like 1 bug)

Have the faction classnames been changed in the latest update? I can't find "caf_ag_me_t" (as suggested in your first post) in the config viewer but I can find "caf_ag_faction_me_t".

Which should we use?

Edited by GDSN

This appears to be a game issue not a mod issue. So the non existent bug tracker is not required. Has anyone tried the vanilla opfor with different results?

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

Awesome vid !

I did try with vanilla csat soldiers and they shot back just fine.

They refuse to shoot at me with the AK74, the other weapons work just fine.

Well, they fire single shots instead of burst with the RPK and PKM but at least they're firing.

A3 1.12 Stable, 1.5 CAF_AG (the middle eastern tribal guys are the ones I'm using), and my squad is getting the hell shot out of us, as usual. :D

Edited by Oktyabr