ohally

Arma3 - AGGRESSORS

would you like to see aggressors stay standalone  

403 members have voted

1. 1. would you like to see aggressors stay standalone

• Yes, I like that it has little to no requirements
    • No, if dependencies expand content go for it

The RPG units in this mod do not shoot at choppers at all. Only Strelas.

I know this because I've tested a mission with over 20 of these units fending off 2 helicopters at least 50 times already.

i ment in real life, they dont have much acess to AA missiles so they use RPGs

---------- Post added at 16:39 ---------- Previous post was at 16:34 ----------

also is there any chance of Central and/or south american drug gangs because that would be fun for SF missions, rescuing captured civs from a drug lord

i ment in real life, they dont have much acess to AA missiles so they use RPGs

What are you talking about? There are an estimated 500,000 MANPADS (man-portable air defense systems) in the hands of non-military personnel in over 100 countries.

Even the most ragtag band of militant extremists often has access to a shoulder launched AA platform.

A heavy machinegun is a greater threat to a helicopter than a RPG7. There are plenty of those to play with in ARMA and mods.

I'd love you if you brought in the radio protocols from A2, Russian/Czech for the Eastern Europeans, and Arabic for the Middle Easterners. Thank you!

Edited by FistoGames

I'd love you if you brought in the radio protocols from A2, Russian/Czech for the Eastern Europeans, and Arabic for the Middle Easterners. The Taliban speak Arabic not Farsi. Thank you!

eventually.

As for the Taliban speaking Arabic,

The Taliban are not any specific nation or background and speak a variety of languages, one of them being farsi. In fact, some nations have ISAF name tags translated to Farsi because a large number of Afghans speak Farsi. Dari is also a common language. So no, I am not going to port a whole language system to replace Farsi as it is spoken by some Taliban fighters. Maybe way down the line after more important and taxing projects have been completed.

Please do not take the tone of this personally. This is simply a high level of frustration from people telling me "how it is" without any actual knowledge of WTF they are commenting on.

Oh and to all those debating RPG v STRELA v HMG against choppers. This is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not the place for that. And as with all the FREE work I and my team do, if you don't like it, either a) do it yourself, b) find another mod that does what you want, or c) provide a solution.

Cheers

Just wanted to thank you O'Halleran and your team for their hard work. We did a couple of missions the past few days with your OPFOR (the Taliban mostly) and really enjoyed it. I hate (I can't even say how much I hate) the OPFOR that comes out of the box with A3, as does my team, and we really enjoy having real world OPFOR to engage. I'm also looking forward to some more vehicles and such as the mod gets more refined.

Oh - and the voices - I don't really care since I'm not there to chat with em...it's past that stage when me and my team are around.

Oh - and the voices - I don't really care since I'm not there to chat with em...it's past that stage when me and my team are around.

Lol -yup.

I just like shooting at them. I don't want to play as an aggressor faction, just shoot them. Since that was their intention when created they work perfectly. They are generic enough to simulate any number of conflicts the Canadian Armed Forces have been in conflict with over the past 20 years; Afghanistan, Croatia & Bosnia, west Africa. I look forward for the up coming nationalities planned in the next update.

eventually.

As for the Taliban speaking Arabic,

The Taliban are not any specific nation or background and speak a variety of languages, one of them being farsi. In fact, some nations have ISAF name tags translated to Farsi because a large number of Afghans speak Farsi. Dari is also a common language. So no, I am not going to port a whole language system to replace Farsi as it is spoken by some Taliban fighters. Maybe way down the line after more important and taxing projects have been completed.

Please do not take the tone of this personally. This is simply a high level of frustration from people telling me "how it is" without any actual knowledge of WTF they are commenting on.

Oh and to all those debating RPG v STRELA v HMG against choppers. This is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not the place for that. And as with all the FREE work I and my team do, if you don't like it, either a) do it yourself, b) find another mod that does what you want, or c) provide a solution.

Cheers

Alright, I can see where that would come from, I guess maybe I should research the Taliban a bit more. I know that most Afghans speak Arabic, but I didn't know that Farsi was also a common language. I do understand that these units are not specifically depicting the Taliban. Wonderful units, anyway! IMO hearing a certain authentic protocol from the enemy makes a firefight feel more alive. The main thing I dislike is when the enemy speaks English, even with an accent. No worries, I understand you are going off of what you have to work with.

Edited by FistoGames

As O'Hally said the Taliban are made up of various groups, but unless they are foreign Arab fighters or just very educated they don't speak Arabic. Most of the Taliban consist of ethinic Poshtuns and they speak Poshto.

Afghans don't speak Arabic nor Farsi. Afghans would seriously understand English better than those.

Dari and Pashto, with Pashto being more of the class level where most fighters would come out of.

I always thought that both Farsi and Dari were relatively similar since they're both based off of Persian. I do believe that there are quite a lot of Pashtuns in the Taliban, so Pashto wouldn't be unreasonable.

Again this isn't the place for it,get it back on topic. Voices will not be changing any time soon and EXTREMELY doubtful if at all so be thankful their not speaking Greek or English at this point and enjoy shooting them.

Everyone is very busy getting additional content out and polishing what already is so look at the opening post under future plans and tell me that all needs to be put aside to nail down redundant crap.

has anyone been able to find a workaround for the Wounds.tex error? It's completely preventing us from being able to play with the middle-east aggressors, and it actually breaks some missions that don't even have them installed

Could anyone confirm that Aggressors are still working on a newly created ALiVE mission?

Here they still works well in missions created couple of weeks ago but any new mission is a nogo.

Thanks Serjamers, wil investigate interaction with other addons and mods.

Is it possible to use turbans and robes as uniforms to build middle east civilians or are they coded in the unit?

Just found them in the PBO´s....Awesome man!

Edited by KingoftheSandbox

sure it'i not the right place for my question but i try to spawn agressors with the LV script pack, i m not new in editing and it works with other unit??

maybee i made mistake with the classname , it's written "put O at the end for opfor ..." in the readme text, but for me it's not working? any help.. sorry for my poor English

sure it'i not the right place for my question but i try to spawn agressors with the LV script pack, i m not new in editing and it works with other unit??

maybee i made mistake with the classname , it's written "put O at the end for opfor ..." in the readme text, but for me it's not working? any help.. sorry for my poor English

Check my message from page 19, and especially the part in spoiler from tpw. It may help you.

thanks a lot just what i neeed, it works nicelly now! nice job thoses units..

Hey Ohally!

Great mod man!...way better than facing those weird CSAT units as enemies!

Could you please send the classnames for the Items and Weapons?

There is some of these itens that I wish to hide in VAS since we usually plays as Bluefor, and for that we need the Classnames.

Thanks for your work on this mate!

I'm happy to say I have restored most of my aggressors content on my P drive. I choose to do this mod before CAF because CAF is much much larger. The next release WILL likely break any missions you have with aggressors as most of the mod is being re-written.

For those about to cry about this, keep in mind this is so I can fix ALL major errors that are in the current release and add 2-3 more factions.

We will also be bringing at least 1 vehicle to the pack, and the first version of the civilians for each region.

Inventory icons are being put in for most content, and a class list is being built as I go for those who are using these out side alive.

Don't ask when because I will simply get annoyed and delay it longer out of spite.

Cheers.

I'm happy to say I have restored most of my aggressors content on my P drive. I choose to do this mod before CAF because CAF is much much larger. The next release WILL likely break any missions you have with aggressors as most of the mod is being re-written.

For those about to cry about this, keep in mind this is so I can fix ALL major errors that are in the current release and add 2-3 more factions.

We will also be bringing at least 1 vehicle to the pack, and the first version of the civilians for each region.

Inventory icons are being put in for most content, and a class list is being built as I go for those who are using these out side alive.

Don't ask when because I will simply get annoyed and delay it longer out of spite.

Cheers.

Glad to hear the great beer catastrophe has almost been recovered :) Looking forward to the new version!