ohally

Arma3 - AGGRESSORS

would you like to see aggressors stay standalone  

404 members have voted

1. 1. would you like to see aggressors stay standalone

• Yes, I like that it has little to no requirements
    • No, if dependencies expand content go for it

any chance of light armor (ranging from BTR-40s to T-34s) also thanks for the mod, ive been working on recreating the 2nd battle of Fallujah(the A2 map) with A3MP, N-B USMC, and the Agressors

read first post

Great job man! We really needed the takis back. Looking forward to the middle eastern civilians :)

Great Idea Toxic and nice Vid!

Huge thanks man!, great vid
You're welcome, and thanks :)

Thanks for the reply @Ohally.

Looking forward to the middle eastern civilians :)

Now that would be cool!

How do we go about giving these guys custom gear? Like guns? Like for example, if i wanted one of them to be a sniper? Thanks
you don't, they are randomized for a reason, otherwise place down the marksman with SVD

JCae2798, you can do this quite easily. You can set up a gear script (just a quick .sqf file listing the loadout you want for that unit), then place the unit, and have that unit execute your custom gear script in its init.

So for example, I have several loadout scripts....AK74rifleman.sqf, marksman.sqf, grenadier.sqf....loaded with exactly the equipment and weapons I want. Then for each unit I place, I stick the "exec" command in its init (sorry, I forget the exact command) to call the script for the loadout I want. Works perfectly.

I'm currently doing this because I prefer to have the Aggressors units using Massi's AK's and other weapons.

JCae2798, you can do this quite easily. You can set up a gear script (just a quick .sqf file listing the loadout you want for that unit), then place the unit, and have that unit execute your custom gear script in its init.

So for example, I have several loadout scripts....AK74rifleman.sqf, marksman.sqf, grenadier.sqf....loaded with exactly the equipment and weapons I want. Then for each unit I place, I stick the "exec" command in its init (sorry, I forget the exact command) to call the script for the loadout I want. Works perfectly.

I'm currently doing this because I prefer to have the Aggressors units using Massi's AK's and other weapons.

I've found that you can remove/replace weapons, but not backpacks. I thought I'd get the jump on Ohally and try making my own middle east civs by spawning the middle east units as civilians and removing their weapons and backpacks, but ended up with backpack wearing civilians :)

I've found that you can remove/replace weapons, but not backpacks. I thought I'd get the jump on Ohally and try making my own middle east civs by spawning the middle east units as civilians and removing their weapons and backpacks, but ended up with backpack wearing civilians :)

I just changed your civs script to use the middle eastern robes and hats from this pack, add random Persian head, and set speaker to random Persian voice. Works like a charm.

Anyone else seeing Middle eastern Chappies running around with MK20's ?

Anyone else seeing Middle eastern Chappies running around with MK20's ?

fixed in newest version

I'm pretty sure I was able to get rid of the backpacks in my early tests, but in the end I decided they needed them anyway to carry a decent amount of ammo, so I skipped it.

What about adding a command to your loadout script that waits for the Aggressors randomized gear script to finish, then removing the backpacks in your loadout?

I'm pretty sure I was able to get rid of the backpacks in my early tests, but in the end I decided they needed them anyway to carry a decent amount of ammo, so I skipped it.

What about adding a command to your loadout script that waits for the Aggressors randomized gear script to finish, then removing the backpacks in your loadout?

Removebackpack doesn't work on them. It's no big deal, I'll (im)patiently wait on Ohally's civs!

I've loaded up bunch of western Guerrillas with custom load outs using Massi's mod, however they only appear with the new weapon I have granted them. They have no ammo and no items that I have added to their gear. I've done this before so there is no reason I can see why this isnt working except that I noticed that the unit's uniform slot appears to be empty. When I addUniform (e.x: "U_ag_EUR_Fatigues_08") it fills half the uniform up with equipment, puts nothing in the vest or backpack and the magazine in the rifle has 4 rounds in it.

Examples below:

AAR- PKM

this addMagazines ["30Rnd_mas_762x39_mag", 7];

this addWeapon "arifle_mas_akms";

this addMagazines ["100Rnd_mas_545x39_mag", 4];

this addMagazines ["HandGrenade", 2];

this addItem "FirstAidKit";

AAR- RPK

this addMagazines ["30Rnd_mas_762x39_mag", 7];

this addMagazines ["100Rnd_mas_762x54_mag", 4];

this addMagazines ["HandGrenade", 2];

Rifleman

this addMagazines ["30Rnd_mas_762x39_mag", 9];

this addMagazines ["HandGrenade", 3];

The units do not have vests by default, this is to allow me to leave out "removeVest" from the randomization. The uniform slot on a lot of units is empty, this is because the "addUniform" command is not executed globally, yet "removeUniform" is...................

Instead it randomizes the texture of the worn uniform to allow for some level of random appearance.

Version 2.0 will see units pre-equipped with vests and ammunition.

However unless BIS sorts out the addUniform issue, there will be no change to that.

I have zero intention of removing randomization scripts on the units. But I will investigate a way to allow for custom gear sets to be placed over the default ones included.

For now, I am re-building all my drives due to some drunken stupidity, could be a while. In the mean times vehicles are being ported / created for 2.0 as well as civilians for at least african and middle eastern regions.

Weapons have been re-formatted to fix a number of issues reported as well as tweaking damage and dispersion variables to make them more realistic.

A great mod Ohally !! Thx !!

If anyone is interested in spawning these excellent units via script, then the individual classnames are:

Africans:

CAF_AG_AFR_AK47

CAF_AG_AFR_AK74

CAF_AG_AFR_PK

CAF_AG_AFR_RPK

CAF_AG_AFR_RPG

CAF_AG_AFR_GL

CAF_AG_AFR_SVD

Middle East:

CAF_AG_ME_AA

CAF_AG_ME_AK47

CAF_AG_ME_AK74

CAF_AG_ME_PK

CAF_AG_ME_RPK

CAF_AG_ME_RPG

CAF_AG_ME_GL

CAF_AG_ME_SVD

Europeans:

CAF_AG_EUR_AA

CAF_AG_EUR_AK47

CAF_AG_EUR_AK74

CAF_AG_EUR_AK74GL

CAF_AG_EUR_PK

CAF_AG_EUR_RPK

CAF_AG_EUR_RPG

CAF_AG_EUR_GL

CAF_AG_EUR_SVD

Thanks again for these Ohally.

tpw, you clould add those also:

CAF_AG_AFR_Offroad

CAF_AG_AFR_Offroad_armed_01

CAF_AG_AFR_van_01

CAF_AG_ME_Offroad

CAF_AG_ME_Offroad_armed_01

CAF_AG_ME_van_01

caf_ag_eur_Offroad

caf_ag_eur_Offroad_armed_01

caf_ag_eur_van_01

and

10_men_EUR

8_men_EUR

6_men_EUR

4_men_EUR

10_men_AFR

8_men_AFR

6_men_AFR

4_men_AFR

10_men_ME

8_men_ME

6_men_ME

4_men_ME

One quick question about the vehicule groups: the offroads often spwan to near eachother and then get destroyed. Is this an Arma bug or something that can be fix ?

Another one, due to my noobiness in Arma mission creation: how can I get the CfgGroups syntax to use to spawn the groups ?

I'm looking for the equivalent of this: (configFile >> "CfgGroups" >> "East" >> "OPF_F" >> "Infantry" >> "OIA_InfTeam")

Any ETA for the new version ? This mod is a real fresh air on Arma ! :)

EDIT:

I may have found the info for my last question:

configFile >> "CfgGroups" >> "East" >> "caf_ag_eur" >> "Infantry" >> "10_men_EUR"

Edited by 1212PDMCDMPPM
found a way to properly read config.bin

Any ETA for the new version ?

nope, probably shortly after its complete and tested

good mod, but I would like civilian units as well to create a proper environment for the rebels.

Edited by abdecken

Any way we could get the classnames for the clothing items on these units?

I'm trying to make a HVT for an ALIVE mission and want to dress him a certain way to make him easy to identify.

Ohally is there a chance of making the RPG units fire indirectly at helicopters (because they are not lock ons)

Ohally is there a chance of making the RPG units fire indirectly at helicopters (because they are not lock ons)

Yes, this would be nice!

Are you certain it is RPG's shooting the choppers and not the random Strela units?

Are you certain it is RPG's shooting the choppers and not the random Strela units?

well i have heard more about RPGs shooting at choppers by terrorists than Strela, im saying just make them able to, like ACE2 Did

The RPG units in this mod do not shoot at choppers at all. Only Strelas.

I know this because I've tested a mission with over 20 of these units fending off 2 helicopters at least 50 times already.