ohally

Arma3 - AGGRESSORS

would you like to see aggressors stay standalone  

403 members have voted

1. 1. would you like to see aggressors stay standalone

• Yes, I like that it has little to no requirements
    • No, if dependencies expand content go for it

ALLCON:

I have announced two more factions on the front page we are going to begin bringing to towards 2.0

South East Asian (Tamil Tigers Inspired)

South America (FARC inspired)

In other news, If you have a "great idea" or question, read the first post. My tolerance is now ZERO for posts or PMs from those too lazy to do so. Your post WILL be reported as spam and formal complaints raised against those that PM me regarding questions or requests answered in this (or any of my other) threads.

I took the time to type it and make this pack, the least you can do is read the damned thing.

Cheers

Gotta love when I find out about projects this way...

Looks like I have more work ahead of me. Not that I haven't been working on the vehicles at all. lol

I see that "angry civilians" are planned in the future. Are there also non angry civies planned as well?

FUTURE PLANS

CIVILIANS:

Eastern Europe

Middle East

African

ADDITIONAL FACTIONS:

South East Asian (Tamil Tigers Inspired)

South America (FARC inspired)

Angry Civilians (all areas) armed with rocks

Take a look at the front page :j:

@theebu

Much love my texture machine.

Check texts ;)

These civilians, I assume irregular forces will be able to blend in with the populace?

I'm stoked for some asymetrical warfare PVP with my unit. So that is my rationale for asking.

Thanks for these,they look at home on most maps than the alien CSAT :cool:

Thanks for this! I'm wondering, do the units with RPG-7s know to use them to target helicopters? This is the case with the ME Irregulars mod, but I am looking for something with fewer dependencies.

Has anyone been able successfully use these units with the MCC Mission Wizard? When I try to use the factions from the AGGRESSORS pack, I get the message "MCC: Mission Wizard Error: No group available in the selected enemy faction".

First Shots of the "South East Asia - Rebels" based on a number of factions, primarily the Tamil Tigers (yes I know they are from India, thanks tips)

th_tamil_silouette_zps94429db5.png

th_arma32014-01-2822-04-25-08_zps4ce0ca36.jpgth_arma32014-01-2822-04-02-10_zpsa8b03814.jpgth_arma32014-01-2822-05-18-25_zps18549eb2.jpgth_arma32014-01-2822-04-53-45_zps47fc3875.jpg

Keep up the good work Ohally, I'm starting to feel the urge to oppose them.

Has anyone been able successfully use these units with the MCC Mission Wizard? When I try to use the factions from the AGGRESSORS pack, I get the message "MCC: Mission Wizard Error: No group available in the selected enemy faction".

That's because the faction name is different in the groups to the individual units. I'm guessing that Ohally slipped up there.

If you make your own cfgGroups that uses Ohally's units, where the Faction name matches (or Ohally makes a change for that) then you'll be golden in MCC. (Both your server and whomever's running the MCC console will need that new config.)

That's because the faction name is different in the groups to the individual units. I'm guessing that Ohally slipped up there.

If you make your own cfgGroups that uses Ohally's units, where the Faction name matches (or Ohally makes a change for that) then you'll be golden in MCC. (Both your server and whomever's running the MCC console will need that new config.)

nope, didn't slip caf_ag_** applies to both cfgFactions and cfgGroups

class CfgGroups 
{
class EAST 
{
	name = $STR_EAST;

class caf_ag_eur
    {
		name = "East Europe - Rebels";

class Infantry
			{
				name = "Infantry";

class 10_men_EUR
			{
				name = "10 Man Group";
				faction = "caf_ag_eur";
				rarityGroup = 0.5;
				side = 0;	

class CfgFactionClasses
{
access = 1;
class caf_ag_eur
{
	displayName = "East Europe - Rebels";
	icon = "caf_chech_c\caf_ag_eur.paa";
	author = "CAF MOD TEAM";
	priority = 2;
	side = 0;
};
};

Hmm, you've got something wrong there, because I made a cfgGroup to override your "Middle Eastern" to "Middle East" (and fixed the spelling of Sergeant - in cfgGroups) and whola. Works fine in MCC.

ie

class CfgGroups
{
class EAST
{
	side= 0;
	name= "OPFOR";
	class caf_ag_me
	{
		name= "Middle East";
		class Infantry
		{
			name= "Infantry";
			class 10_men_ME

Edited by Axek

Hmm, you've got something wrong there, because I made a cfgGroup to override your "Middle Eastern" to "Middle East" (and fixed the spelling of Sergeant - in cfgGroups) and whola. Works fine in MCC.

So the isssue is MCC reads the displayname not the faction, so the next update will by fluke fix MCC comparability. I figured it was obvious this was "MADE FOR ALIVE" so I didn't aim for MCC compatibility.. well lucky you

Oh and "Sergent" is a french spelling, that was a mistake, and will be fixed

Can i ask you whole class name? or would anyone let me know how to know class name?

Can i ask you whole class name? or would anyone let me know how to know class name?

Are you serious that's twice you have asked this now, I take it you have read the first post?

I read already but can't find any related thread, let me check them again

If anyone is interested in spawning these excellent units via script, then the individual classnames are:

Africans:

CAF_AG_AFR_AK47

CAF_AG_AFR_AK74

CAF_AG_AFR_PK

CAF_AG_AFR_RPK

CAF_AG_AFR_RPG

CAF_AG_AFR_GL

CAF_AG_AFR_SVD

Middle East:

CAF_AG_ME_AA

CAF_AG_ME_AK47

CAF_AG_ME_AK74

CAF_AG_ME_PK

CAF_AG_ME_RPK

CAF_AG_ME_RPG

CAF_AG_ME_GL

CAF_AG_ME_SVD

Europeans:

CAF_AG_EUR_AA

CAF_AG_EUR_AK47

CAF_AG_EUR_AK74

CAF_AG_EUR_AK74GL

CAF_AG_EUR_PK

CAF_AG_EUR_RPK

CAF_AG_EUR_RPG

CAF_AG_EUR_GL

CAF_AG_EUR_SVD

Thanks again for these Ohally.

Keep up the good work Ohally, I'm starting to feel the urge to oppose them.

LOL!

The SE Asian Faction looks perfect. I get way too much enjoyment from the CAF mods, my girl friend is getting mad because I spent too much time on A3 these days.

If anyone is interested in spawning these excellent units via script, then the individual classnames are:

Africans:

CAF_AG_AFR_AK47

CAF_AG_AFR_AK74

CAF_AG_AFR_PK

CAF_AG_AFR_RPK

CAF_AG_AFR_RPG

CAF_AG_AFR_GL

CAF_AG_AFR_SVD

Middle East:

CAF_AG_ME_AA

CAF_AG_ME_AK47

CAF_AG_ME_AK74

CAF_AG_ME_PK

CAF_AG_ME_RPK

CAF_AG_ME_RPG

CAF_AG_ME_GL

CAF_AG_ME_SVD

Europeans:

CAF_AG_EUR_AA

CAF_AG_EUR_AK47

CAF_AG_EUR_AK74

CAF_AG_EUR_AK74GL

CAF_AG_EUR_PK

CAF_AG_EUR_RPK

CAF_AG_EUR_RPG

CAF_AG_EUR_GL

CAF_AG_EUR_SVD

Thanks again for these Ohally.

THX, that makes it a lot easier! Excellent units, they really make my day. :) A single malt on O'Hally!

-> Anyone probably got an idea how to replace ArmaII Takistani classnames with those units automatically? Doing this manually in wordpad is a b....! (Sorry this is maybe a little bit off-topic, but I know lots of people who have the same problem that's why I'm asking. Plz don't flame me. Scripting is a no-go for me I'm afraid. )

1. Middle East unit with AA (Strela) starts with no rockets for the launcher.

2. AK weapons for Middle East have almost no recoil, even when standing and firing full-auto

3. Middle East unit with blue cloth/denim kilt seems to not react to shots to the legs; I think the bullets pass through the legs rather than hitting them. Hitbox issue?

3. Middle East unit with blue cloth/denim kilt seems to not react to shots to the legs; I think the bullets pass through the legs rather than hitting them. Hitbox issue?

Surely this is the thing mentioned in the known issues section? It takes the hit but the textures don't show wounds (yet?).