ohally

Arma3 - AGGRESSORS

would you like to see aggressors stay standalone  

403 members have voted

1. 1. would you like to see aggressors stay standalone

• Yes, I like that it has little to no requirements
    • No, if dependencies expand content go for it

Had a play with The Aggressors last night in Takistan after merging the sample misison, and wow, I had a blast! Thanks again for the future hours of pleasure I will derive from this :D

One tiny, nitpicky suggestion I have would be to consider splitting middle eastern irregulars into two factions. One faction with dudes wearing afghan/pashtun tunics, turbans, and pakol hats. These would be suitable for open desert and rural environments.

Another al-Qaeda-like irregular force faction sporting the shemaghs, balaclavas and simple western clothing (t-shirts, jackets, jeans, etc), which would be nice for CQB/FIBUA scenarios.

Basically the difference between a conflict in Afghanistan/Pakistan and say city-fighting in Iraq or Syria.

it's planned, as are more militaristic africans

Had a play with The Aggressors last night in Takistan after merging the sample misison, and wow, I had a blast! Thanks again for the future hours of pleasure I will derive from this :D

One tiny, nitpicky suggestion I have would be to consider splitting middle eastern irregulars into two factions. One faction with Taliban-like dudes wearing afghan/pashtun tunics, turbans, and pakol hats. These would be suitable for open desert and rural environments.

Another al-Qaeda-like irregular force faction sporting the shemaghs, balaclavas and more conventional simple western clothing (t-shirts, jackets, jeans, etc), which would be nice for CQB/FIBUA scenarios.

Basically the difference between a conflict in Afghanistan/Pakistan and say city-fighting in Iraq or Syria.

Something along these lines is planned. Just keep an eye on the thread. :)

added civilian and additional factions to FUTURE PLANS on first thread

@superfluid

You are a winner, thanks for actually using the sample mission for it's purpose!!

Outstanding! I am so glad someone finally made some new Opfor for COIN OPS. "Works with ALiVE"..... even better. Thank you very much for this mod.

Okay, you're a clever modder who's totally lacking in PR skills, ti auguro una buona giornata, ciao ciao.

The classnames for the factions are in the 1st post (which is what you need for ALiVE).

What no unicorns?

:rage:

brilliant... Thanks so much Playing ALiVE on Sangin now :)

This mod and @A3MP have given my game a whole new lease on life - it's great to run around on desert and forest maps blowing away enemies who don't look like aliens! I'm really looking forward to your future work, especially the porting of female civilians (you will attain instant legend status for this!) .

Thanks so much Ohally.

FINALLY some middle-eastern fighters, god damn.

Thanks man.

I would love to use this mod with my unit, but its just too darn big. We already have over a gig of mods (not including A3MP), and this is over twice the size of African Rebels. Great mod, though. Shame.

For those of us looking for a light-weight unit mod, any chance of breaking these down into each faction and maybe have them use default weapons just to reduce size? I suspect we're a minority, but there's no harm in asking.

I would love to use this mod with my unit, but its just too darn big. We already have over a gig of mods (not including A3MP), and this is over twice the size of African Rebels. Great mod, though. Shame.

For those of us looking for a light-weight unit mod, any chance of breaking these down into each faction and maybe have them use default weapons just to reduce size? I suspect we're a minority, but there's no harm in asking.

I don't see your point:

African Conflict alone is 121 MB and requires weapons of 271 MB equaling 392 MB

Aggressors is 283 MB and includes it's own weapons and 2 extra factions with no additional requirements at all

Don't get me wrong, if you are looking for AK weaponry to use as primary weapons, Aggressors is not for you. These are opposing factions. I don't plan to cannibalize the pack for any reason, in fact it's only going to get bigger. with additional factions, civilians, and vehicles being added in the near future.

Understand, that we made this purely for a realistic opposition to fight (specifically for use with Alive). These aren't designed to be played as, nor are the weapons configed for player use. This is designed to combat the bug-head opfor.

Are you really complaining about the fact that he packed more into his mod than you feel like installing? The "shame" here is that you act like that's a negative thing.

Yes, you're in the minority....maybe even completely by yourself. The rest of us would like more from this mod, not less.

Well, putting it that way, yeah I see your point. I guess since we use Massi's US SOCOM as well as African Conflict, we don't really think of the weapon pack as part of the deal.

Anyway, I just thought I'd ask. Keep up the good work!

I see that "angry civilians" are planned in the future. Are there also non angry civies planned as well?

ALLCON:

I have announced two more factions on the front page we are going to begin bringing to towards 2.0

South East Asian (Tamil Tigers Inspired)

South America (FARC inspired)

In other news, If you have a "great idea" or question, read the first post. My tolerance is now ZERO for posts or PMs from those too lazy to do so. Your post WILL be reported as spam and formal complaints raised against those that PM me regarding questions or requests answered in this (or any of my other) threads.

I took the time to type it and make this pack, the least you can do is read the damned thing.

Cheers

I have a question...can I PM you? ;)

Seriously though, this looks awesome, can't wait to try it out!

Seriously though, this looks awesome, can't wait to try it out!

Yeah it does, even more exciting that you're planning to add yet more stuff to it. Nice work.

lol 1 Gig...

My arma 2 folder stands at about 90gigs 250+ playable mods. A3 is catching up rapidly..

Appreciate not ideal but the alternative is to stick in BIS land with their basic units vehicles weapons etc. A Sad, poor lonely place :)

MOAR MODS please ! Can't wait for the Vehicles. P.s. any chance we can get teh T54/55 into the middle eastern faction too ?

Wouldn't need markings, just old and knackered looking :)

SJ

i have a sugestion why not make me love this mod even more by adding those new factions like the FARC and Tamil tigers (aka can't wait for version 2 :p keep up the great job )

ps. i couldn't resist making a little joke about the suggestion part