Sign in to follow this  
thecoolsideofthepillow

Getting AI to Attack Civilians?

You can make a squad leader that isn't present but is of the enemy side to the AI, and then group the civilians to that squad leader. You might also be able to use the Trident module in the editor.

That solution has raised another question:

Does the "createTeam" command create a new team type (in addition to EAST, WEST, RESISTANCE and CIVILIAN, I could also have CUSTOM) or is it for assigning members in a group to the various colored group teams (red, blue, white, etc)?

If I could just create a new team type, that would be easier than altering the friend/foe settings. It seems setting the friend/foe switch after the mission starts does not always give the desired effect. I also do not think what's going on in that thread would help me. I was hoping to be able to create more than 4 teams. So, for example, the player could encounter a 3 way fight between 2 RESISTANCE factions and OPFOR.

It would work for a 1 on 1 encounter, where say OPFOR is slaughtering CIVILIANS when they normally would not; but since that would require making the CIVILIANS into RESISTANCE team members, another RESISTANCE team would help them, not attack them.

Edited by TheCoolSideofthePillow