Sign in to follow this  
Dark-Raptor

Arma 2 unable to send pirvate message via rcon/be

i am unable to send any form of private message to clients by rcon i have tried BERcon/epm/BEC/battlewarden none of theses clients can send a private message they can all send global fine but nothing happens with private

this has been a problem for the last 30 hours since this post i have also talked with another clan and they have the same problem.

the only client that gives an error is BERcon and that says "player is unable to receive the message" is there any more info on how to fix this problem or is it a problem with BE its self

this is only effecting our Arma2 Servers our OA and A3 are fine

Edited by bph192

there is no fix for this. this issue happens when BE server cant connect to BE master.

only solution for this is for the BE dev to update BE for arma2, which i doubt will happen, i belive support for arma2 is discontinued

Edited by nuxil

there is no fix for this. this issue happens when BE server cant connect to BE master.

only solution for this is for the BE dev to update BE for arma2, which i doubt will happen, i belive support for arma2 is discontinued

so what your saying nuxil is that battleye is using telepathy powers under orders from bis ?

but then again my firewall must be blocking these telepathy waves:bounce3: its that good

come on lets have a straight answer here

I am fully aware that in order for Battleye to progress with its updates Bis has to update a2 from ver 1.11, so my question to bis are you going to update this ? but i think i can save you the finger pushing here .... no... am i right ?

next thing is has battleye just decided to stop supporting A2 altogether as in just switched off there master server

I also got this problem. BE A2 master serwer seems to be off since it went down on 22nd. Hope it will be back on or there will be some kind of fix or patch. :(

next thing is has battleye just decided to stop supporting A2 altogether as in just switched off there master server

No, there simply were server problems for the past few days. This should be fixed now.

so what your saying nuxil is that battleye is using telepathy powers under orders from bis ?

but then again my firewall must be blocking these telepathy waves:bounce3: its that good

come on lets have a straight answer here

hu ???

was my answer that unclear?, i'll try to clearify it a bit more.

When the BE server cant connect to BE master/updating fails. you can not send private messages to players.

This problem is only for Arma2, Oa/Co or Arma3 will not have the same issue.

also what i meant by: "i belive support for arma2 is discontinued":

Is that no more BE updates will come for Arma2 "tho only BE dev can verify this", But im sure BE will still work some time before its terminated totaly (No more BE master).

Im not sure how you managed to get telepathy involved in all this.

i merly answered to why you where unable to send private message.. not to why BE master was down.

Sorry to wake this thread up again ... just hoping for some clarity.

The past week or so our 2x Arma 2 (free compatible unmodded servers) have lost connection with the BE master servers. "arma21.battleye.com" is still pingable on the box in question.

Alot of our players are regular (non-free) players and as far as i'm aware Arma 2 is still available to buy. So is my BE master problem locally to me or is everyone having the same problem on their A2 servers?

$ables just posted in another thread that the master server's back online. I'm gratefull that A2 still has BE for at least the time being.