Sign in to follow this  
kupcho

A3 modules - supports

This is a HOW TO post that tries to explain how to set up and use the SUPPORT MODULE.

CATEGORY = SUPPORTS

NAME - I'm unsure, but this may be something that could be called within a script. It is NOT REQUIRED to use the module.

INITIALIZATION - I don't understand this. It is NOT REQUIRED to use the module..

DESCRIPTION - I don't understand this. It is NOT REQUIRED to use the module.

PROBABILITY OF PRESENCE (slider) - This is to create a randomness to the mission. Maybe the module will be there, maybe not. The higher the probability, the greater chance for it to show up in the mission. Moving the slider to the right increases the probability.

CONDITION OF PRESENCE - I'm unsure, but I believe that this MUST be TRUE for this module to EVER be placed.

PLACEMENT RADIUS - This has no effect on this module.

CUSTOM HQ - I'm unsure of how this is used. This is NOT REQUIRED for the support to be available.

ARTILLERY LIMIT - This sets a limit (if desired) to the total number of ARTILLERY FIRE MISSIONS. (-1 = unlimited)

CAS BOMBING - This sets a limit (if desired) to the total number of FIXED WING AIRCRAFT BOMBING/STRAFING RUNS. (-1 = unlimited)

CAS HELICOPTER - This sets a limit (if desired) to the total number of HELICOPTER ATTACKS. (-1 = unlimited)

SUPPLY DROP - This sets a limit (if desired) to the total number of SUPPLY DROPS. (-1 = unlimited)

HELICOPTER TRANSPORT - This sets a limit (if desired) to the total number of HELICOPTER TRANSPORT REQUESTS. (-1 = unlimited)

UAV RECON - This sets a limit (if desired) to the total number of UAV RECON REQUESTS. (-1 = unlimited)

MODULE = SUPPORT REQUESTER (REQUIRED)

This must be SYNCED to any PLAYER unit that is allowed to call for the support.

It must also be SYNCED the specific PROVIDER MODULE.

MODULE = SUPPORT PROVIDER (REQUIRED)

This must be SYNCED to the SUPPORT REQUESTER MODULE.

It must also be SYNCED to the UNIT(S) providing the support mission.

(If you are using VIRTUAL SUPPORT, then it can NOT be SYNCED to a PROVIDER unit.)

SUMMARY

1. Place a PLAYER UNIT.

2. Place a PROVIDER UNIT(S) (Helicopter, Jet, Mortar, etc...).

3. Place a SUPPORT REQUESTER module.

4. Place a SUPPORT PROVIDER module.

5. SYNC the PLAYER to the REQUESTER module.

6. SYNC the REQUESTER module to the PROVIDER module.

7. SYNC the PROVIDER module to the UNIT(S) that will be providing the support mission.

(This is NOT required if you are using a VIRTUAL support provider)

This is an example of how to use the support module using Artillery support.

Once you've started the mission, you should hear that there are support assets available.

When you wish to call the mission, open your map and place the cursor over the area you want to hit. You can point at it with your weapon or binoculars, but the map tends to be more precise.

Type 0 (zero) and choose the SUPPORTS option (8).

Choose the Artillery support unit you wish to use. (This could be one of many depending on how many units you've placed and synced to the support module.)

Choose the type of shells you want to hit the target with.

Choose how many rounds you want the unit to fire.

The fire mission is complete. You can move to another position or stay and watch the rounds hit. Your part is done.

If I've made errors in this post, be sure to reply and tell me where I screwed up.

If you have any questions, please ask, and I'll do my best to get back with you and answer as best as I can.

• Like 1

You-my friend are a star!! I've been trying to get this to work!

Do you know if its MP friendly straight off?

Many Thanks :cool:

---------- Post added at 11:31 ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 ----------

Do you know if its MP friendly straight off?

Well the arty/cas work on a dedicated server but when you request a transport helo- when you get in-it just chucks you back out and buggers off?

Youtube tutorial

Yeah that's Arty and CAS-they work fine-it's the helo transport that does'nt seem too?

I've never gotten the transport to work right in multiplayer CK.

Thanks ck-claw. I'm trying to get people interested in sharing their knowledge in these areas by posting 'How To' posts on EVERYTHING. Nothing is too basic.

And I have no idea why any of this wouldn't work in multiplayer. Unless you talking about player vs player? I've never scripted one of those, just coop play.

I've used the helo transport in a few of my missions, and the only problem I ever had was that when the player died, the ability to call it in died with him. But that problem applied to any of the supports not just the transport one. I made a crude work around by syncing the module to EVERYONE on my side, and praying that one of us survived long enough to be able to make the call when we needed it.

If you could tell me where to send it, I'll put together a simple mission and send it your way (I think the files are small enough).

• Like 1

hey Kupcho thanks for the offer but, pretty sure it's not gonna do what i require?

EG:- i would like have one man back at base/HQ running the show, taking requests for CAS/Transport.

From my testing if you call in transport pick-up the chopper will not go anywhere once the group are in as its waiting for the 'requestor' to get in too.

Hey there, Old post same issue. Has anyone ever figured out the MP and helicopter transport issue? I am also running into the transport support module not working on a server. In the editor as "player" it works fine, but not for the "playable" units.

thedubl

CUSTOM HQ: You can insert variable name of the unit you want to act as HQ. For example:

- Place an Officer (or any other) unit and open it's attributes window. Insert blufor_co into Variable Name field.

- Now edit attributes of Support Requester module and insert blufor_co in Custom HQ field.

Note that blufor_co can be anything you want as long as it the same in both fields.

This way you can set voice, pitch, callsign and whatnot to this officer unit and it will be used when calling in supports.

Tested in 3DEN, works great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1