Sign in to follow this  
Tyl3r99

will stable build receive a hotfix if...

as we are all aware, the recent update has caused issues with FPS...

this has been narrowed down to the AI path finding fix, meaning the CPU has to do more work now.

if/when a fix is found will stable build receive this update also? a fair few people are saying its nearly game breaking. obviously some say different.

wouldnt multi threaded AI be the solution? like mentioned here

could we get a dev's perspective?

in my opinion i think the stable build should receive a fix for this as soon as its found as this should have been noticed before releasing the major update...

i would have been happy without that AI fix if it meant i keep my 55-60 fps not down to 30fps :rolleyes: just my 50pence

i also noticed fps decreasement after the 1.10 update!

however, i doubt we get any hotefix. guess they just tell us to use the dev build when its updated.

but who knows, we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

BI has said (in the general dev branch thread I think) that it has to do with the fixed AI pathfinding, where they weren't performing enough calculations, or something to that effect. So fixing that has caused a decrease in performance. Not sure if that was a dev branch update or part of the stable branch update though.

I get a huge decrease when using a good amount of AI, I will have a look at the changelog to see for sure if that fix is in there.

I have the same problem with performance. When I use a lot of AI my FPS get a bigger hit than before.

I hope for a hotfix but I don't expect it. I wish I can undo tha latest update it ruined a lot for me.

That's the bad part with Steam you can't choose which update/patch suits you the best.

yeah a roll back option would be good tbh

Rollback? No way, they'll never do that with this patch. Roll back an entire campaign episode just because of a small FPS problem?

Small FPS problem for someone playing with average 60-55 FPS but not for people playing with 30-35.

Still they won't rollback it because of a FPS problem. Maybe just hotfix it

I think you misunderstood our point. The rollback should be optional for people that can't play or enjoy the game since the latest update not for everyone. And believe me a lot of people don't even care about the campaign.

From another Thread:

Well if CPU load hovers around 20 - 30 % you cant tell me its my system. changing settings doesnt change anything, i can play 50% sampling or 100%. There is literaly no difference in FPS. I just dont get why BI chooses to fix this said AI bug BEFORE they have any solution for that occuring FPS issue. Way to piss of your customers. GG.

Edited by duffbeeer

I think you misunyourderstood our point. The rollback should be optional for people that can't play or enjoy the game since the latest update not for everyone. And believe me a lot of people don't even care about the campaign.

You post in a community forum, so you and your people are the vocal minority; all of them dissenting.

AI is a huge deal for me; the adapt campaign is great and a major attraction. I and the non vocal majority buyers want this and are attracted to this. Nobody wants to go back to the dumb alpha AI.