Sign in to follow this  
sparks50

Kingdom Come: a realistic RPG by the former creators of Mafia and Arma

This is the Kickstarter thread for Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

We’re mixing the freedom and mechanics of Skyrim, the setting of Mount and Blade, the storytelling styles of The Witcher and Red Dead Redemption, and the tough combat dynamics of Dark Souls into a single, gorgeous package. You could say we’d like to give ArmA (a franchise many of us worked on) an RPG makeover, streamlining the systems and controls and polishing the overarching world while keeping the unique, genuine feeling of its action and environments.

They claim to have been unable to get traditional funding. This is what they say publishers have told them: "Your game is too niche. There’s no magic. People want wizards and dragons."

I'm very exited about the way they promise to approach a medieval RPG. But I'm not sure if my computer will survive a large scale battle in Cry-engine:eek:

Edited by sparks50

I could cry.....are you kidding me?!? Thats been my dream game combination since forever. I will back this in any way possible, bank, sex for sale, one of my dogs...I'm yours

The Elder Scrolls: Mount & Blade 3

Is this real? Is it?

Cant wait to see the final game. Anything Vavra does is pure gold.

it looks great, let's wish em luck :)

Looks great, certainly one to watch out for :)

Cool, never got into medieval games but that looks really good, especially using bow and arrow :D

Can't help but admire small companies like this.

Looks great, I'll play anything with a bow and arrow!

Backed it at "Duke" think it suits my personality ;)

I wish they had said it had the combat of Mount & Blade. That combat system felt amazing and put every other melee system to shame.

Looks like a nice game, might be a nice concurrent for Mount & Blade :)

Edit: project baked, they will make it, +/-25 000£ left

Edited by Papanowel

Have to say I’m not really into medieval games now. But that trailer looks very impressive and the idea of open world always appeals to me.

Wish they would have had kickstarter around when I was starting out, would have made life easier perhaps. Not backed via kickstarter and don’t really want to read through all the details. Anyone give me a quick rundown, is it pledge and provided it reaches its target pay up, or what happens, when, who & where do you pay. ?

:)

They will only charge your account if and when a project is given enough pledges(Should happen tonight).

I want to see more demonstrations of the physics-based combat system. It sounds like it could either be great, or ruin the game.

They will only charge your account if and when a project is given enough pledges(Should happen tonight).

I want to see more demonstrations of the physics-based combat system. It sounds like it could either be great, or ruin the game.

Thanks for clearing that up. Yes waiting, as it looks as though they will make the mark, is possibly a better option. They will do what BIS did I dare say and have a Supporters Edition etc, I bought the Digital Edition, I can see perhaps that happening.

I wish they had said it had the combat of Mount & Blade. That combat system felt amazing and put every other melee system to shame.

Without question M&B is the best medieval combat to ever grace a PC. To this day I still play both PvP duel and SP just because the mechanic is so instinctive, fun to master and for the most part realistic. Their bots are actually very convincing at pulling off a decent fight, stepping back or feinting as well as chambering with a skill nicely reflected by their proficiency in that type of weapon. The AI bots are also very good at switching from ranged to melee should any enemy close distance -pretty remarkable considering I use as many as 1000AI at a time for a battle.

As good as M&B AI may be, they aren't burdened by things like Line of Sight or seeking cover -they generally charge, using their shields and a few silly strafing maneuvers once in a while. Curious about how well these AI in this new game will do especially if they are as I expect, going to be subject to LOS and cover type routines. The dream of running from Knights barreling thru foliage in a fully realised world map as opposed to M&B battle maps is just too appealing. Ambushes...:inlove:

The dream of running from Knights barreling thru foliage in a fully realised world map as opposed to M&B battle maps is just too appealing. Ambushes...:inlove:

Combat mechanics similar to MB (or even better, who knows) and that on a world map. There can't be anything better than that for me!

Funded in three days...

I guess some PR guys at some publishers are sorry right now.

I guess some PR guys at some publishers are sorry right now.

I doubt it. It's still a bit of a niche game compared to the genre that is referenced by the developers. That of the fantasy middle ages with dragons and wizards that really makes a killing in the charts.

As for the game I was going to post this earlier but thought I shouldn't come off as negative too early on in the thread ... If something looks/sounds too good to be true in my experience it is likely to disappoint. They've been doing this with a team of 25-35 people and are hoping to expand to about 70. That's the same number of people that worked on ArmA2 and 3. ArmA2 took quite a while to really become good post-release imo, ArmA3 has quite some quirks and missing content as well so far. This developer has already said that a gradual release is planned which really is a good decision to let people know well in advance. But sadly stability and functionality of a game of this scope and ambition is not guaranteed by a gradual release at all. I love this type of game and so I hope for the best but I'm not quite handing out my personal "Game of the Year" award just yet ... :confused_o:

If something looks/sounds too good to be true in my experience it is likely to disappoint. They've been doing this with a team of 25-35 people and are hoping to expand to about 70. That's the same number of people that worked on ArmA2 and 3. ArmA2 took quite a while to really become good post-release imo, ArmA3 has quite some quirks and missing content as well so far. This developer has already said that a gradual release is planned which really is a good decision to let people know well in advance. But sadly stability and functionality of a game of this scope and ambition is not guaranteed by a gradual release at all. I love this type of game and so I hope for the best but I'm not quite handing out my personal "Game of the Year" award just yet ... :confused_o:

I think you're right about that. I'm counting on delayed episodic updates, a lot of bugs and very little actual content. But what's keeping me so interested is the gameplay. It gave me the impression of a more open Mount & Blade system with additional, more interesting features. It most likely won't run on my current system anyway, all the release trouble and patching up to make it playable won't bother me until I can afford a new system, which will probably take years from now.

Edit: Yay, 200th post. Am I experienced now? Can I become an adventurer?