Sign in to follow this  
Rammer

New Update...custom mission starts with all task states as complete....

POSTING ON BEHALF OF VAPOUR:

High Rammer, and anyone else who comes to this thread.

We (NZARMA) have the same issue when hosting MP missions. Even past missions that used to work are now being effected and all tasks start to populate with different task states.

This is happening where the tasks have been "created" at the beginning of the mission using the new ARMA 3 "Module" system.

If there are task modules set up to come on during the mission, these tasks also appear straight away and the task state changes.

This problem occurs on both dedicated and player hosted servers.

This problem occurs in vanilla.

This problem has only started since the latest BI update.

(it also happens when synced OR un synced... testing all possible causes)

One strange thing is that if only one person goes into the mission, the tasks don't get buggy. It's only if 2 or more people go into the mission.

The Tasks start changing their states before the "CONTINUE" kick-off button is pushed.

Looking forward to getting a solution for this. Hopefully someone can solve this soon.

Thanks

+1 I'm getting the same trouble

POSTING ON BEHALF OF VAPOUR:

High Rammer, and anyone else who comes to this thread.

We (NZARMA) have the same issue when hosting MP missions. Even past missions that used to work are now being effected and all tasks start to populate with different task states.

This is happening where the tasks have been "created" at the beginning of the mission using the new ARMA 3 "Module" system.

If there are task modules set up to come on during the mission, these tasks also appear straight away and the task state changes.

This problem occurs on both dedicated and player hosted servers.

This problem occurs in vanilla.

This problem has only started since the latest BI update.

(it also happens when synced OR un synced... testing all possible causes)

One strange thing is that if only one person goes into the mission, the tasks don't get buggy. It's only if 2 or more people go into the mission.

The Tasks start changing their states before the "CONTINUE" kick-off button is pushed.

Looking forward to getting a solution for this. Hopefully someone can solve this soon.

Thanks

To add to this, it also doesn't matter what method of synchronization you use either, (All Playable, Groups Of Synchronized Objects, etc, etc). They all assign, create and complete within a small fraction of time as soon as someone joins. What I've also noticed is that the tasks reassign as soon as you go through the Trigger you had setup initially. This is usually sporadic however, sometimes it will, sometimes it won't.

Hi guys, nice to see peoples with the same problem !

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/05/1391024854-wtf.jpg

Now we need wait to release of the dev build 1.14, one month more or less.

NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't want to wait ! I'm working on a massive MP mission from month, and i don't want to wait the next update.... :mad:

I love Arma like hell, but every update is a big mess...:butbut:

I spend many days and long nights to create my mission and today we was about to play it and this happens all tasks "Succeeded" its a Disaster!!! :cry2: :mad: ;(

I hope they will fix it , i don't want to make another mission :nono: :( :smash::icon_cry:

Edited by dymo4

You can always use the old way and do it from a script. Tasks in my missions are working fine :>

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Tasks

Yep, scripts are the only way Tasks are working at the moment. To those new to the editor, don't be put off by this, it is actually pretty easy. Also check out FHQ Task Tracker. I found it confusing at first, but it works.

Glad I am not the only one!! I saw FHQ Task Tracker last weekend but said to myself "hmm, might learn how to do it manually first" aaaand there's goes 3 hours of my life.

I saw FHQ Task Tracker last weekend

I highly reccomend this, once you get the hang of it -it's a doddle :cool: