Sign in to follow this  
Rammer

New Update...custom mission starts with all task states as complete....

After getting the latest update on ArmA3, when I go into custom missions, all the task are checked as complete at the beginning of the mission, and then as you go through the mission it will start pop'n up task complete for every task. Also getting an error on the VAS, gun config wrong (I suppose because of the adjustments made to some weapons). This happens on our dedicated server and if I just host the mission.

Any ideas on the task complete?

[sA]Rammer

You have to give more info about the tasks, how have you done them (ingame modules, script like Taskmaster), stuff like that.

About VAS, there was a new version released yesterday which should fix the issues with it.

The custom mission I made "Cold Morning--Operation Stay Alive" uses modules, create task with triggers for task status succeed. It is posted in the workshop. I took it back into the editor, re-saved as MP. Now if I host a server, it run correctly, but when I run it on our gameservers dedicated server it starts with all but the last task marked as complete. (I did upload the new pbo to the server cfg after I saved it in the editor) I checked a few other missions we have on rotation on our gameserver server and all of them with multiple task do the same thing, once you enter the mission, and look at task, they are all marked completed.

Same problem when running my mission on dedicated.

Just tested a quick task: (create, state, trigger) in editor it worked, hosted localy it worked, hosted via dedicated the task was triggered yet in the briefing.

And I have to finish my mission until weekend for my group. So any quick workaround would be appreciated.

I have tryed with missions I exported to MP a few weeks ago and missions I have recently exported, and that issue ocurs on every map...

I'm wondering if only few people are affected by this bug, only few are building mission tasks with BI modules or if no one is building missions with tasks atm.

It could be the dedicated servers?? We use gameservers. I posted on Armaholic and there hasn't been a single reply. I did get Tonic's updated VAS and it took care of the error messages that started showing up when you went into the ammo crate but still have the task completed issue. And it happens on all the missions we have that contain multiple tasks, I guess it might be possible all of them were created using the module set up. We will see if they respond to djotacon's report.

I'm wondering if only few people are affected by this bug, only few are building mission tasks with BI modules or if no one is building missions with tasks atm.

I fall into this category, I don't use the modules as I couldn't get them working on a dedi during Beta, and I quite like the old briefing.sqf method and then spawning tasks dynamically.

I have 16 mission on STEAM with more than 3000 subs. and now are all unable to play.

I too fall into this same category. Except, for me they don't work when hosting it. It also doesn't work for neither of my clan mates, nor does it work for dedicated either. I've resorted to using Trigger based "hint" tasks, rather than module tasks and while it works, it is extremely frustrating and not as neat as module based tasks. It makes no sense, the Trigger can be 10 KM away and it'll still trigger the task and complete it as soon as someone else joins even though the Trigger is miles away.

I found that using something like FHQ task tracker is both much easier and much more fool proof than the modules because the modules seem to break very easily. I've been learning scripting for mission making purposes so I could actually release my missions and without the help of Varanon and Alwarren I probably would have been frustrated beyond belief and just given up. I would give FHQ Task Tracker a try if you haven't already, it's really very easy to use once you understand it.

I found that using something like FHQ task tracker is both much easier and much more fool proof than the modules because the modules seem to break very easily. I've been learning scripting for mission making purposes so I could actually release my missions and without the help of Varanon and Alwarren I probably would have been frustrated beyond belief and just given up. I would give FHQ Task Tracker a try if you haven't already, it's really very easy to use once you understand it.

Offtopic.

Please we are only interested on a broken module inside the game only.

This happens to us aswell, all tasks are completed when any player joins although tasks created either dynamically or from a trigger do not automatically complete.

It was working perfectly fine prior to the update, so whatever they did butchered the task modules in that specific update. I'd like to think that I'm doing something completely and utterly wrong and that someone can point me in the right direction, but seeing as there is a lot of people with the same issue I don't think there is a direct fix (other than using pure scripting).

I was reading the changes in the development version of "Arma 3" and I found this:

Added: "Create task" module can now be added to specific side using "owner" attribute, without need to synchronize the module to any unit

to version

23-01-2014

EXE rev. 114544

I think that the module is being updated now. If the changes remain until we get to version 1.14 will not see the finished module.

Back to the old way to make a task.

Offtopic.

Please we are only interested on a broken module inside the game only.

So was I, must be why I created a ticket at the request of a developer and uploaded a sample mission demonstrating the cause and effect of the faulty module and then forwarded it to said developer so he could focus on it and then posted said tracker ticket in this post so it could get more exposure and thus more pressure to fix it while mentioning a workaround/similar way to achieve the same effect.

Please though, continue on with your stimulating and "on topic" conversation.... :) .

So was I, must be why I created a ticket at the request of a developer and uploaded a sample mission demonstrating the cause and effect of the faulty module and then forwarded it to said developer so he could focus on it and then posted said tracker ticket in this post so it could get more exposure and thus more pressure to fix it while mentioning a workaround/similar way to achieve the same effect.

Please though, continue on with your stimulating and "on topic" conversation.... :) .

I tried your workaround and I must say it works wonderfully. It took me awhile to fully grasp it and understand it, as I'm not great at scripting yet, but as soon as I learned it all it made not only perfect sense, but I find it better than the module system. Not to mention it actually works perfectly too, which is an obvious plus. I still hope they fix the module issue, as another avenue of making missions would be great.

God damn I thought I was doing something wrong. As a noob to the editor, I spent ages trying to figure out where I went wrong. Hopefully they get this fixed soon, as it may turn off people learning the editor...although I'm glad it wasn't a fault of mine I guess.

POSTING ON BEHALF OF VAPOUR:

High Rammer, and anyone else who comes to this thread.

We (NZARMA) have the same issue when hosting MP missions. Even past missions that used to work are now being effected and all tasks start to populate with different task states.

This is happening where the tasks have been "created" at the beginning of the mission using the new ARMA 3 "Module" system.

If there are task modules set up to come on during the mission, these tasks also appear straight away and the task state changes.

This problem occurs on both dedicated and player hosted servers.

This problem occurs in vanilla.

This problem has only started since the latest BI update.

(it also happens when synced OR un synced... testing all possible causes)

One strange thing is that if only one person goes into the mission, the tasks don't get buggy. It's only if 2 or more people go into the mission.

The Tasks start changing their states before the "CONTINUE" kick-off button is pushed.

Looking forward to getting a solution for this. Hopefully someone can solve this soon.

Thanks

Edited by PSYKO_phoenix