Sign in to follow this  
almanzo

ARMA 3 won't launch after latest patch

Eager to test the new update, I launched ARMA III tonight with nothing happening.

When I click launch, the option to choose between fullscreen and windowed appairs, and after I select my choice nothing actually happens. ARMA3.exe does not show up in the task manager. I tried to replicate it or see if anything changed if I used Playwithsix, and sure enough, I got an error message when launching with PwS "The program wouldn't launch correctly (0xc0000142). Click ok to close the program."

I first tried to verify integrety of local cache with no luck. I also redownloaded and installed Directx. Lastly, I deleted my local files but the problem still occours. Any help is welcome.

I got aswell a problem since the latest patch, starting over steam or directly out of the directory doesnt matter in my case ...

I will see the splash screen for copyright and stuff ... after that black screen and few seconds later i get an error "Arma 3.exe isnt working anymore and was shoutdown"(translation of german error message :P)

Help would be much appriciated ..

I reinstalled everything aswell without any luck

Try deleting the Arma3.cfg in My Documents\Arma3, or at least have a look inside and remove any reference to mods.

FYI this file contains your settings so maybe don't delete it but rename it or something.

I had run previously AiA through PWS and after I ran Arma 3 through steam and it wouldn't start, even though in Steam I had no mods running and had repaired it wouldn't start up. For some reason there were a bunch of AiA mods enabled in that cfg file that caused the issue.

I first tried to verify integrety of local cache with no luck.

Probably this.

Not launching for me neither.

So far I tried the following:

- Verified the game cache integrity

- Removed all config files from My documents\Arma 3

- Removed all save files I could find

- Launched the game directly via the arma3.exe, via Steam and via Arma Launcher

- Tried to delete arma3.exe and re-verified game cache

I posted the issue on reddit as well: http://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/2t7w11/arma_3_wont_launch_after_latest_patch/

Hopefully someone could help.

BIS, anyone?!?!

Edited by tgm0