Sign in to follow this  
invisibull

Screen Tearing and Inexplicablely Erratic FPS after 1/21/14 update

Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help with what seems to be update related problems.

After updating this morning and then running Arma3, I went into a mission i had been playing in the editor last night and immediately knew something was wrong. I had a band of screen tearing slightly above the halfway point on my screen and the FPS was all over the place, sometimes dropping down into the 20s and 30s. That same mission last night was at a rock solid 60 FPS every single time I ran it from start to finish and the screen tearing's been something I've seen on only a very few occasions, so something's changed drastically.

I went through and disabled every single mod and script i was using and still found the same results. Other missions I've had a steady 60 FPS on are also now behaving in the same fashion. The screen tearing isn't there every single time I run a mission, but it is there a majority of the time. This is with vsync enabled or disabled. Oh, and vsync in my Nvidia settings doesn't seem to have any effect at all.

I certainly hope there's an easy fix for this because my frustration level is rising quickly. Please find my specs in the spoiler.

i7-4770@ 4.6Ghz - Nvidia GTX 780 Ti - Arma 3 Installed on Sandisk 256Gb Drive - 16GB Corsair DDR3 2133 Mhz

I have to alt-tab out and then back into the game for the (adaptive) vsync I force through the nvidia CP to kick in