Sign in to follow this  
alduric

@A3CV - ArmA 3 Coop: Vietnam

- Players and AI

- I have no experience in map making so no, mod include working 2 maps made by F.S.F clan (Have premisions)

- Not yet

- This test is 1st of few steps before release, i found few important to fix bugs :)

Maybe a bit late, but I can confirm that Australia used the following weapon systems in Vietnam. New Zealanders had exactly the same weapons and uniforms.

L1A1 Self loading rifle (SLR) 7.62mm

L1A2 - SLR - automatic (heavier barrel and stock) - Very VERY limited use. To my knowledge rarely used by anyone including SF (was too heavy). M16 and and SLR were preferred.

M16 - 5.56mm

M60 - 7.62mm

Owen SMG - 9mm (early stages)

Browning 9mm pistol

M26 Frag Grenade

66mm SRAAW

M79 Grenade launcher

They did not use the M1 Garand, M1 Carbine or Thompson, that was the US.

Edited by VALOUR

Just in case you dont know ,***North-Vietnam also used some Chinese weapons in that war,rifles like Type 56 and MBT like TYPE 59.

PS:This mod is that one I want to seeï¼

very very very good!

outstaning work!

Can't await to play with it :bounce3:

I'm sure not many of you know polish :D but you can try to watch

, some action is on 0:27:00 where we had to defend our possitions from Vietcong atacks

I watched the video, I don't understand a shit ;-) but I can't wait to try it ! It seems really cool !

Just a question, Can the enemy spot, see, shoot us trougth the plants(tree,bush,...) ?

They can shoot like players but they cant spot you via bush and trees

Hey Alduric, NZ's combat contribution to Vietnam was the Arty battery, and two infantry companys, and NZSAS.

Is there a way to make the jungle more...well...jungly?? a lot of vietnam had dense jungles. Mind you I haven't watched all of the video but from what I saw, the jungle wasn't that dense.

Is there a way to make the jungle more...well...jungly?? a lot of vietnam had dense jungles. Mind you I haven't watched all of the video but from what I saw, the jungle wasn't that dense.

to prevent lag and also it would make it a lot harder for PvE because the AI are more likely to see you than players are

2. Also with A3MP as a requirement for N'zwiasago map which is what the mod will be mostly played on, you can DL old a2 maps for compatibility like MBG vietnam and FsF jungle

FsF jungle is included with tweaks ( with permisions )

FsF jungle is included with tweaks ( with permisions )

sweet maybe you can get with the MBG team and get a tweaked version of MBG Vietnam too, maybe with more villages?

Aldruic, what about the ACRE radio restrictions? Will we have a choice of setting this off? I understand the reason for this, to keep the Vietnam era as real as possible, but shouldn't it be up to the mission maker? I just think making restrictions which aren't optional never is a good idea, just a suggestion. But i'm looking forward to all your projects! Just can't wait for them to get launched!

Aldruic, what about the ACRE radio restrictions? Will we have a choice of setting this off? I understand the reason for this, to keep the Vietnam era as real as possible, but shouldn't it be up to the mission maker? I just think making restrictions which aren't optional never is a good idea, just a suggestion. But i'm looking forward to all your projects! Just can't wait for them to get launched!

At test phase its restricted, it will be probably as game module later.

----

Translations to English inprogress, not much left before 1st release. Im looking for 3d artist to help with Patrol Boat model and new M16A1

PS

One of my testers make fan-video :) Take a look

Edited by Alduric

You know Alduric we are going to have to get you a crown soon, with all the mods you are working on you seem to be aiming for King of ArmA. Can't wait for all your unreleased mods they all look so great.

makes me think.... what else is this crazy guy up to!!!!! :yay:

This. I can't understand how it's possible to make so many high quality addons like Alduric did.

Keep up the good work, Alduric. :)

I wonder... Is there gonna be flamethrowers? Possibly mounted on tanks too if so? :D Or does fire create too much lag?

I wonder... Is there gonna be flamethrowers? Possibly mounted on tanks too if so? :D Or does fire create too much lag?

if he does i would highly consider custom fire because the one in A3 is WEAK, atleast if he makes Vietnam Planes with Napalm that is, it needs to be able to burn a tank

if he does i would highly consider custom fire because the one in A3 is WEAK, atleast if he makes Vietnam Planes with Napalm that is, it needs to be able to burn a tank

Ahhhh, good ol' F4 Phantoms with their napalm bombing runs ;) Alduric could possibly make an agreement with the HAFM team to use their F4 and maybe modify it. Less work, more results :D