Sign in to follow this  
mamasan8

Update is out

Same computer gets 5331 points in Vally 1.0 (1920x1080 8xAA fullscreen, Extreme HD) and 3202 on Heaven (1920x1080 8xAA fullscreen, Ultra and Extreme Tessellation).

Battlefield 4 runs a solid 200+ FPS in ULTA (but who plays on ultra anyway) with some drops down to 150 and 9000points in FIRESTRIKE Extreme HD...

No, its not my computer, its the developer....BUT, at least ARMA 3 looks good now if we compare it to ARMA2 :)

Something is wrong with you PC... I have a GTX 660, an i7 and 24gb of ram. I get 40+ fps with a lot of AI with 3000 view distance on Altis. I also use 1920x1200.

Edited by ProGamer

I noticed a serious drop of FPS in the Nato Showcase (didn't test anything else). From 50 to 30 and in some places down to 20. Many others Report the same Performance Drops.

I'm sure this update/patch has made it so rifles are slung on back when swimming and not in hand as it was for me yesterday. Can someone confirm this or am I mistaken.

No planes in this update? I could have sworn that they said it was going to be in this update. I gotta pay more attention. :\

Something is wrong with you PC... I have a GTX 660, an i7 and 24gb of ram. I get 40+ fps with a lot of AI with 3000 view distance on Altis. I also use 1920x1200.

Sure you do :) Guess my 780Ti SLi cards are really just a pair of GTX 650 :)

whats your performance like? any better?

I rarely have an issue with performance. I doubt I'd really be able to notice any improvements other than major improvements.

I was just hoping for stuff. If not weapons/gear/vehicles, then at least random objects like ammo crates or whatever. I was all amped to get something new. I only play multi-player, so the single-player campaign doesn't mean much to me.

I'm not going to complain, because it appears that this update wasn't focused at the type of player that I am. I'm just disappointed overall.

Since the new patch, my FPS have deteriorated by 30-50%.

In Stratis I have a deterioration by 60%.

I doubt that was ever something better!

Well, performance didn't change much. And tbh, the single player missions are bugged. Like i need to RV with a greenbag officer, he jumps out of his car and shoot me -.-'..

I did not have a super boost but in well coded missions with plenty of AI I have AVG of 60 to 70 FPS with a i5 3570k @4.2 and a MSI GTX660ti with an offset of +30%

In SP I'm close to 90 FPS. one important thing is that my resolution is 1080p

Before update Altis benchmark average fps - 48, after update - 52. Almost 9% increase. Haven't tested anything else yet.

Today tested SP showcase infantry mission. There was some little stutters at mission start, never experienced those before update. And, I double checked - at the same spot at mission start before update I had 70fps, now I got 42fps. No settings was changed.

This is weird, because in flyover benchmark I have improvement, but in actual SP gameplay fps is worse. Haven't tested new campaign episode yet.

Also I tried MP on one server. Can't say much, performance was ok, it was definately playable. I've seen better performance on other servers. I guess it depends on server hardware and mission.

In MP with few others in the game, 20% increase in FPS over normal.

In MP with many others in the game, 30% decrease in FPS over normal.

Today tested SP showcase infantry mission. There was some little stutters at mission start, never experienced those before update. And, I double checked - at the same spot at mission start before update I had 70fps, now I got 42fps. No settings was changed.

This is weird, because in flyover benchmark I have improvement, but in actual SP gameplay fps is worse. Haven't tested new campaign episode yet.

Also I tried MP on one server. Can't say much, performance was ok, it was definately playable. I've seen better performance on other servers. I guess it depends on server hardware and mission.

Heres the explanation

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152866-General-Discussion-%28dev-branch%29&p=2604946&viewfull=1#post2604946

AI uses more CPU now.

What I noticed so far. I just came from a server running 8-9 FPS but my client was still rendering at 30+ FPS so it seems server FPS doesn't dictate client FPS anymore. In last version I would have been getting 20 fps max.

Edited by mamasan8

Does anyone know if the new HBAO works with DX10 cards as well? I have a crappy 4850... Not that the GFX card is the bottleneck with my low graphics settings, but still.

Well, performance didn't change much. And tbh, the single player missions are bugged. Like i need to RV with a greenbag officer, he jumps out of his car and shoot me -.-'..

Please try disabling any unofficial mods you're running. Some have been known to cause similar issues.

New patch broke the swimming, you cant swim with your rifle in hands. If you enter the water from land or from the air it automaticaly move your weapon on your back, but if you already start in water or exit a boat or a sub your character keeps the rifle in hands but gets stuck and the only keys responsive are the altitute (?) control keys. This problem happened for me only with players, the AI had no problems with swimming but I think every AI upgrade mod or at least UPSMON Urban Patrol Script are broken now as the AI acts at least weird. Something tells me that new patch changed some commands for the AI in the engine :mad:

New patch broke the swimming, you cant swim with your rifle in hands. If you enter the water from land or from the air it automaticaly move your weapon on your back, but if you already start in water or exit a boat or a sub your character keeps the rifle in hands but gets stuck and the only keys responsive are the altitute (?) control keys. This problem happened for me only with players, the AI had no problems with swimming but I think every AI upgrade mod or at least UPSMON Urban Patrol Script are broken now as the AI acts at least weird. Something tells me that new patch changed some commands for the AI in the engine :mad:

Sounds like a problem with the mod and not the game.

With the AI behavior i belive that it is something that will be fixed within a few days but the swimming part is a game problem