dezkit

Ivory Aircraft

Is there any chance of getting the entire readme just by itself, posted somewhere? I'm at work and downloaded the Mig 29 mod just to see if I could read the readme, but it mentions nothing about service menus or any of the other changes along those lines, just a few config options for the init line. Sorry to be a pain lol, just impatient and want to see the changes that were made. No worries if you can't be bothered hehe.

i never said theres a service menu. i'm not going to be doing one in the future either. theres loadouts and textures. you can make the mig29 have different configuration by typing 2 simple word in the init line as stated in the readmes

Just pass two hours in your planes......Thanks for making this game better than it is .Congrats Dezkit!

Ah, sorry - my mistake, I saw someone mention it in here and got all excited lol. It's just as easy setting them up in the init anyway, thanks for your time spent on these, it's very much appreciated!

Hi Dezkit,

I just wanted to ask about the flight dynamics,

The F-15 seems to loose speed very rapidly, I found myself being outclassed very quickly by other aircraft, as I was unable to gain speed in a timely fashion even in a slight dive. The turn speed is better than before but I still feel its only a slight bit too slow. I found I was stalling the aircraft so much in a dogfight.

I'm not saying I'm the best pilot, nor I am trying to criticize your magnificent work, so is this just an issue that I'm having or is this something you and others agree with.

Also as I have said before, thank you so much for your tireless efforts and I am really buzzed about the Strike Eagle!!!

Hey Dezkit, that´s a nice cockpit, but you may use these textures for the MFDs ->

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e4/F15-2D-Pit.JPG (205 kB)

488072-jane-s-combat-simulations-israeli-air-force-windows-screenshot.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/pt/f/f9/Jane's_F-15_Cockpit.PNG (276 kB)

And I see no Nozzle on the engines... again, hope you don´t forget to add them when you release it (as you did with the F-15C first version lol)

Keep up the great work!!!

So I've been playing with the MiG's sources and trying to see what goes on behind making and editing an aircraft and when I try to binarize it my log comes up as saying that it can't load any of the .rvmats. I can place the edited MiG in the editor but when I preview the mission I crash to desktop.

Hello

Per the 1337 update something has happened to the MiG 29 source config that has me absolutely confused. It used to say, at the end,

class IVORY_MIG29K_1: IVORY_MIG29K_BASE
{
	scope = public;
	author = "Ivory Aircraft";
	displayName = "MiG-29K Fulcrum-D";
	side			 = 0;						
	faction			 = OPF_F;				
	crew			 = "O_Pilot_F";		
	vehicleClass="air";

hiddenSelections[] =
       {
           "camo1",
           "camo2",
           "camo3",
           "camo4",
		"camo5",
		"camo6",
       };

hiddenSelectionsTextures[] =
       {  
           "ivory_mig29k\data\texture.navy312a\29_1_t.paa",
           "ivory_mig29k\data\texture.navy312a\29_2_t.paa",
           "ivory_mig29k\data\texture.navy312a\29_3_t.paa",
           "ivory_mig29k\data\texture.navy312a\29k_4_t.paa",
		"ivory_mig29k\data\texture.navy312a\29_5_t.paa",
		"ivory_mig29k\data\texture.navy312a\29_6_t.paa",
       };

weapons[] =	/// lets use the weapons from Buzzard
	{
		IVORY_MIG29K_MASTER_ARM,	

IVORY_MIG29K_CANNON_W,
		IVORY_MIG29K_R73_W,
           IVORY_MIG29K_R77_W,
           IVORY_MIG29K_KH29_W,
           IVORY_MIG29K_KAB500L_W,
           IVORY_MIG29K_FUEL_W,

CMFlareLauncher,
	};	
	magazines[] = /// and their respective magazines
	{
		IVORY_MIG29K_CANNON_M,

IVORY_MIG29K_R73_M,
           IVORY_MIG29K_R73_M,
           IVORY_MIG29K_R77_M,
           IVORY_MIG29K_R77_M,
           IVORY_MIG29K_KH29_M,
           IVORY_MIG29K_KH29_M,
           IVORY_MIG29K_KAB500L_M,
           IVORY_MIG29K_KAB500L_M,
           IVORY_MIG29K_FUEL_M,

120Rnd_CMFlare_Chaff_Magazine,
	};

availableForSupportTypes[] = {"CAS_Bombing"};	/// use any number of expressions from "Artillery", "CAS_Heli", "CAS_Bombing", "Drop", "Transport"
	cost = 3000000;	/// we need some high cost for such vehicles to be prioritized by AA defences
};

Now, however, it only says

class IVORY_MIG29K_1: IVORY_MIG29K_BASE
{
	scope = public;
	author = "Ivory Aircraft";
	displayName = "MiG-29K Fulcrum-D";
	side			 = 0;						
	faction			 = OPF_F;				
	crew			 = "O_Pilot_F";		
	vehicleClass="air";

weapons[] = {"CMFlareLauncher"};	
	magazines[] = {"120Rnd_CMFlare_Chaff_Magazine"};

availableForSupportTypes[] = {"CAS_Bombing"};	/// use any number of expressions from "Artillery", "CAS_Heli", "CAS_Bombing", "Drop", "Transport"
	cost = 3000000;	/// we need some high cost for such vehicles to be prioritized by AA defences
};

};

When I then try to add textures by substituting the 1337 IVORY_MIG29K_1 class with the old class (defining my own texture paths etc), it gives me errors about silly things like Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.IVORY_MIG29K_MASTER_ARM' upon placing the aircraft in the editor. Textures defined in the config do not appear either.

/o\ what on earth do I do?

Also, the MiG truly spams RPT errors now. I binarized the most recent p3d, and loading a MiG makes about 20-40k entries. Examples include

Warning: ivory_mig29k\ivory_mig29k.p3d:VIEW_PILOT Error while trying to generate ST for points: 10543, 10532, 10533

Warning: ivory_mig29k\data\ivory_mig29k_fuel.p3d:geometry Error while trying to generate ST for points: 142, 123, 141

Warning: ivory_mig29k\data\ivory_mig29k_fuel.p3d:geometryPhys Error while trying to generate ST for points: 7, 8, 9

Warning: ivory_mig29k\data\extra1.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 4673, 4653, 4672

File ivory_mig29k\model.cfg, line 287: '/CfgModels/ivory_mig29k/Animations/rotor_1.sourceAddress': Missing ';' at the end of line

File ivory_mig29k\model.cfg, line 300: '/CfgModels/ivory_mig29k/Animations/rotor_2.sourceAddress': Missing ';' at the end of line

File ivory_mig29k\model.cfg, line 450: '/CfgModels/ivory_mig29k/Animations/wheel_1.sourceAddress': Missing ';' at the end of line

File ivory_mig29k\model.cfg, line 553: '/CfgModels/ivory_mig29k/Animations/wheel_2.sourceAddress': Missing ';' at the end of line

File ivory_mig29k\model.cfg, line 656: '/CfgModels/ivory_mig29k/Animations/wheel_3.sourceAddress': Missing ';' at the end of line

Warning: Unsupported UVSet 2

Warnings in ivory_mig29k\data\ivory_mig29k_fuel.p3d:geometry

Warning: special LOD contains 2nd UV set.

Warning Message: Animation source pylons not found in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/IVORY_MIG29K_1/

File ivory_mig29k\model.cfg, line 287: '/CfgModels/ivory_mig29k/Animations/rotor_1.sourceAddress': Missing ';' at the end of line

I still get error

no entry bin/config/bin/cfgcloudlets/exhaustsmoke1mig29k.particleshape

when I try to load your mig.

Hey Dezkit, I´ve just noticed that BIS finally added Steamworkshop support for addons and your jets are amongst the first entries! Are those updated since v13.37 or they´re just the same?

All newer missions doesn´t have preview pics, is this a workshop bug or just newbies that doesn´t upload the mission with a screenshot of illustration???

Cheers and congrats ;D

There seems to be an error with the SteamWorkshop Addons ( it's unable to load them ), it will be corrected on Monday.

It's version 13.37 for now. I will be updating a lot more frequently now because I can have it sync to everybody automagically :D And yeah. The steam workshop publication/downloading is still in the works because its in dev build at the moment. I wouldnt have expected it to work either. I just put it up for next weeks update.

I think the preview pic is a bug. Also i have asked a moderator to lock this thread, because I want to see feedback and discussion in the workshop items instead of here. cheers mates

I can't seem to find it... Is it in the dev build of Steam? I'm new to this...

Never mind, I found them. You should make a collection tho so that it will automatically download a new plane if you added a new plane.

Is anybody else not able to get the planes in game? I subscribed to them, but can't get them in-game... any ideas?

Wait until monday. It's still in development. But try going into arma3launcher.exe in the dev build of arma3 in the folder.

Also my signature is the collection

Is anybody else not able to get the planes in game? I subscribed to them, but can't get them in-game... any ideas?

The problem is the launcher, that is unable to detect that the addons have been downloaded. Nothing you can't do. Wait until monday.

The problem is the launcher, that is unable to detect that the addons have been downloaded. Nothing you can't do. Wait until monday.

I don't even see any signs of the downloads in the arma 3 folder...